PDA

View Full Version : Jarvis Hayes to Jersey...

spurman20
07-11-2008, 12:39 AM
One more wing we didnt get!

NewJerSpur
07-11-2008, 12:40 AM
Getting narrowed down by the hour. Come to SA Matt....

T Park
Jarvis takes the money, the huge amount of PT.

Good decision.

timvp
Good. He sucks. Ask Piston Fan.

timvp
07-11-2008, 12:42 AM
Reserve forward Hayes to sign with Nets

By Adrian Wojnarowski

Free agent forward Jarvis Hayes plans to sign a two-year contract with the New Jersey Nets, a league source with knowledge of the negotiations said Thursday night.

Hayes is expected to take the Nets’ bi-annual exception, which would pay him approximately $4 million over the two seasons. New Jersey officials spent time with Denver free agent Eduardo Najerja on Thursday night. Najera, 32, could be signed using part of New Jersey’s mid-level exception.

As the Nets begin rebuilding with a core of young players, Hayes, 26, gives New Jersey’s bench some veteran scoring pop and athleticism. After spending four years with the Washington Wizards, where Hayes had been a lottery pick in 2003, he played the past season with the Detroit Pistons.

Hayes, who is 6-foot-8, averaged a career-low 6.7 points in the regular season, and played a diminished role in the playoffs. He played just once in the Pistons’ six-game Eastern Conference finals loss to the Boston Celtics.

Still, Hayes has a three-point touch and the ability to defend the perimeter that intrigued several contenders, including the San Antonio Spurs and Phoenix Suns.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-hayesnets071008&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Marcus Bryant
07-11-2008, 12:44 AM
Najera, 32, could be signed using part of New Jersey’s mid-level exception.

Interesting. I wonder what kind of offers he's going to pull. Probably more than the Spurs have available at this point, though they were reportedly interested at the start of free agency.

Pistons < Spurs
07-11-2008, 12:45 AM
Seeyaaaaa Bye Bye....

Nice enough guy. Can get hot from 3 at times .... but resembles moist Kleenex defensively.

Brutalis
07-11-2008, 12:45 AM
Good! He is nothing special and would have rode Pops bench anyhow.

timvp
07-11-2008, 12:48 AM
His only redeeming quality is he's 6-foot-8 and can hit threes. But that's about the extent of what he brings to the table. I know the Spurs brought him in for a workout within the last week so either they didn't offer him a contract or he opted to sign with the Nets. If it came down to Finley or Hayes, I'd take Finley because he's less likely to complain about being benched.

kobyz
07-11-2008, 05:52 AM
he is look more like 6-5

Sissiborgo
07-11-2008, 05:59 AM
I think he's not worth it!

JamStone
07-11-2008, 06:20 AM
Good. He sucks. Ask Piston Fan.

QFT

Nice jump shooting stroke, but still hit or miss with inconsistent minutes. And his defense is so putrid, he doesn't deserve consistent minutes on an NBA team. He makes Craig Hodges look like a DPOY candidate... at Hodge's age now.