PDA

View Full Version : Paul Pierce to the Knicks: Dump Marbury

mistwiya
07-11-2008, 07:09 AM
http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/53534/20080711/pierce_to_knicks_dump_marbury/

Pierce To Knicks: Dump Marbury

Jul 11, 2008 4:18 AM EST

Celtics star Paul Pierce believes that the New York Knicks needs to part ways with guard Stephon Marbury before they can truly start to get better, the New York Daily News are reporting.

"He makes the biggest contract and he's one of the oldest players on the team," Pierce said yesterday. "That doesn't really fit into a rebuilding plan, just to be honest."

"I'd try to trade him or buy him out at this point," added Pierce, who still believes Marbury can be a starting point guard in the NBA. "I just think he needs a fresh start somewhere else. Marbury needs to be on a veteran team where he fits into what they're trying to do a little bit more."

bdictjames
07-11-2008, 07:14 AM
Pierce is trying to get the Celtics stronger.

Lakers_55
07-11-2008, 08:00 AM
Maybe Pierce will wake up and find he was traded to the Knicks for Marbury.

z0sa
07-11-2008, 08:03 AM
DAMN Boston would lose on that one. :downspin:

Kindergarten Cop
07-11-2008, 08:46 AM
DAMN Boston would lose on that one. :downspin:

I see where you are confused (because initially I thought the same thing) - but the "to" is not implying that Pierce is "going to" the Knicks, Paul is simply offering a recommendation "to" the Knicks.

Of course, my sarcasm meter could be broken.:toast

1Parker1
07-11-2008, 10:22 AM
:lol Pierce thinks he's an expert on building NBA teams after winning a championship.....

z0sa
07-11-2008, 10:31 AM
I see where you are confused (because initially I thought the same thing) - but the "to" is not implying that Pierce is "going to" the Knicks, Paul is simply offering a recommendation "to" the Knicks.

Of course, my sarcasm meter could be broken.:toast

While I was being serious about Boston losing BIG TIME on a trade like that (if it were even possible ... I don't know either one's salary/contract info), I understand he was simply suggesting to the Knicks and/or Marbury that the two should part ways.

No to your sarcasm meter being broken, I guess :toast

That said, Paul Pierce in NY would probably still get them nowhere.

NBA Junkie
07-11-2008, 04:42 PM
Read between the lines as Pierce is trying to recruit Marbury to be a Celtic.

dbreiden83080
07-11-2008, 04:48 PM
Marbury please go to Boston, it will seal their fate not to repeat.