PDA

View Full Version : This is the kind of stuff that makes me W T F!?

Brutalis
07-11-2008, 11:47 AM
http://littlerock.craigslist.org/car/750818514.html

Dude is selling it for 3400 when it's worth 24K at just fair value. Not good or excellent, but fair.

:wakeup

Vinnie_Johnson
07-11-2008, 11:59 AM
It's a scam that's why. They tell you to meet them and have cash then they send another guy to jump you and they split your money.

Johnny_Blaze_47
07-11-2008, 12:02 PM
It's a scam that's why. They tell you to meet them and have cash then they send another guy to jump you and they spit your money.

I think Brutalis should definitely buy that car.

Brutalis
07-11-2008, 12:22 PM
I think Brutalis should definitely buy that car.

?

Brutalis
07-11-2008, 12:23 PM
It's a scam that's why. They tell you to meet them and have cash then they send another guy to jump you and they split your money.

What if you show up along with three dudes? I doubt that would happen.

Vinnie_Johnson
07-11-2008, 12:33 PM
What if you show up along with three dudes? I doubt that would happen.

Then three guys get shot or nothing happens and the car and the guy never show. It's funny cause I just saw this last week on The first 24 hours. This kid and his girlfriend showed up to buy this used car cheap with cash and a they were robbed and the guy was shot and killed.

Vinnie_Johnson
07-11-2008, 12:35 PM
E-mail him or her tell them you have cash in hand and post the e-mail back you get. Tell them you can meet tonight.

Brutalis
07-11-2008, 12:42 PM
E-mail him or her tell them you have cash in hand and post the e-mail back you get. Tell them you can meet tonight.

k deal.

Brutalis
07-11-2008, 12:46 PM
http://littlerock.craigslist.org/car/750918149.html

That other post was flagged for removal! So I'm gunna try this dude.

Brutalis
07-11-2008, 12:46 PM
Honestly I might just meet them and bring some guys. Rob their fucking ass instead.

Vinnie_Johnson
07-11-2008, 12:57 PM
http://littlerock.craigslist.org/car/750918149.html

That other post was flagged for removal! So I'm gunna try this dude.

Looks like that has flagged too.

Vinnie_Johnson
07-11-2008, 12:58 PM
Here is the first one [email protected]

macdude06
07-11-2008, 03:08 PM
is it one of those that says the car is in another state and to put a deposit to help ship it and then your money is gone and no car?

Brutalis
07-11-2008, 04:05 PM
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2008 22:00:31 +0100
To: xxxxxx
Subject: Re: 2003 Honda Insight Hybrid

Hi there ,

Thank you for your interest in my car.This is a 2003 Honda Insight Hybrid ,Exterior Color Silver,Interior Color Gray,Automatic Transmission,non-smoker, clean title,only 113,760 miles on it,VIN# : JHMZE14783T000190.

Here you can find more pictures of the car: http://s280.photobucket.com/albums/kk178/2003HondaInsight/
(if the above link does not work copy and paste it into a new web browser window).

The car has been well taken care of, always kept in the garage.Flawless exterior/interior condition,no scratches and no dents.It has never been involved in an accident.The engine starts and drives like new and the paint looks great.It comes with US clear title which will be signed and notorized in the buyer's name.Have original manuals and all keys.

I'm an US Air Force Lieutenant currently stationed in United Kingdom.The car is here with me. It was bought in the US and shipped to Europe, but it was never permanently registered here, the car is still registered in the US.The car is for sale locally as well, but there are slim chances of this to happen. In order to be able to register this car here in UK the buyer would have to pay very high import/custom taxes that will double the price. So I decided to sell the car back in the US.

The price is $4,800.00 including shipping from UK to the US and delivery to your home address.

So if you decide to buy this car or need further information please get back to me as soon as possible.

Thank you
Lt. Michael Wagner

Sense
07-11-2008, 04:13 PM
looks fair to me... since the car is hideous.. lol

Vinnie_Johnson
07-11-2008, 04:37 PM
To: xxxxxx

Hi there ,

Thank you for your interest in my car.This is a 2003 Honda Insight Hybrid ,Exterior Color Silver,Interior Color Gray,Automatic Transmission,non-smoker, clean title,only 113,760 miles on it,VIN# : JHMZE14783T000190.

Here you can find more pictures of the car: http://s280.photobucket.com/albums/kk178/2003HondaInsight/
(if the above link does not work copy and paste it into a new web browser window).

The car has been well taken care of, always kept in the garage.Flawless exterior/interior condition,no scratches and no dents.It has never been involved in an accident.The engine starts and drives like new and the paint looks great.It comes with US clear title which will be signed and notorized in the buyer's name.Have original manuals and all keys.

I'm an US Air Force Lieutenant currently stationed in United Kingdom.The car is here with me. It was bought in the US and shipped to Europe, but it was never permanently registered here, the car is still registered in the US.The car is for sale locally as well, but there are slim chances of this to happen. In order to be able to register this car here in UK the buyer would have to pay very high import/custom taxes that will double the price. So I decided to sell the car back in the US.

The price is $4,800.00 including shipping from UK to the US and delivery to your home address.

So if you decide to buy this car or need further information please get back to me as soon as possible.

Thank you
Lt. Michael Wagner

Great so I just wire the money and they send me the car. :lmao

Dex
07-11-2008, 04:46 PM
:lmao :lmao :lmao

SCAMMMMMM.

Sounds suspiciously like the TNT scam being pulled with Macbooks and iMacs. Looks like this guy is going for the big score.

http://www.better-internet-bureau.org/discus/messages/2/301.html

http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/0/312/RipOff0312119.htm

Check out those discussions for more information. I bet if you respond and act like you're interested, you'll get a vaguely similar email in reply telling you how to submit your money to TNT for courier service.

Needless to say, you're a bozo if you spend a dime on this fool.

Brutalis
07-11-2008, 04:54 PM
RE: 2003 Honda Insight Hybrid‏
Sent: Fri 7/11/08 5:53 PM
To: Michael Wagner ([email protected])

Well I would be a complete fool to pass this deal up! So tell me what I need to do and hurry!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To: xxxxx

Dex
07-11-2008, 05:00 PM
Muahaha.

You should go CSI on his ass.

Brutalis
07-11-2008, 05:03 PM
I'm trying to figure out how though. I don't wanna suddenly go "I'm FBI" he wouldn't buy it. Maybe something about the local authorities have been contacted, deleting this email won't save anything much less clearing your cache and email. I suggest you cooperate or some shit.

Vinnie_Johnson
07-11-2008, 05:24 PM
RE: 2003 Honda Insight Hybrid‏
Sent: Fri 7/11/08 5:53 PM
To: Michael Wagner ([email protected])

Well I would be a complete fool to pass this deal up! So tell me what I need to do and hurry!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:lmao

Vinnie_Johnson
07-11-2008, 05:25 PM
I'm trying to figure out how though. I don't wanna suddenly go "I'm FBI" he wouldn't buy it. Maybe something about the local authorities have been contacted, deleting this email won't save anything much less clearing your cache and email. I suggest you cooperate or some shit.

Try to get bank info so you can just wire the cash to him. See if you can grab a phone number too.

Brutalis
07-11-2008, 05:51 PM
Yep yep. He being slow.

PakiDan
07-11-2008, 08:02 PM
ask for his military email address... I bet the money for the car he can't provide one.

Vinnie_Johnson
07-11-2008, 09:33 PM
Yep yep. He being slow.

He must be on to us. Lets spam his in box. :lmao

Slydragon
07-11-2008, 10:11 PM
Damn it Brutalis stop waiting I'm not going to respond to the email. Stop looking at my craigslist postings too.

Brutalis
07-12-2008, 07:42 PM
Re: 2003 Honda Insight Hybrid‏
Sent: Sat 7/12/08 8:14 PM

I will have the car shipped from UK by an US Air Force cargo plane so there won't be any additional shipping costs. Also I will arrange for a truck to transport the car to your home address or, if you like, you can pick it up from the nearest airport in your area. The shipping will take 6-8 days, depending on your location.Shipping will be door to door,to your home address,somebody must be home when the car arrives to sign for the reception.The car will arrive with all the papers and documents required for registration and the keys. The clear title and the bill of sale will be already signed by me.

The payment will be done through eBay.You will send the money to eBay and as soon as the payment is confirmed they will notify me to proceed with the shipping. I will ship the car, you will receive it and you will have 5 days for inspection, both the car and the paperwork and the option to accept or reject the car.The inspection time period will begin as soon as you sign for receiving the car at your requested address.During all this time eBay will hold the money into a trust account.So, this is not a blind transaction,you can see the car before decided to buy it.If you are satisfied with the car and decide to keep it you inform eBay about this and they will release the money to me. If the car is not as advertised and decide not to keep it eBay will refund you the money, no questions asked, and shipping back the car will be my concern. I think this is more than fair for the both of us.Please take in to consideration that I will get paid only after you receive the car and make sure everything is as agreed.

If you agree with these terms and you have the money, send me your full name and the address where you want the car to be delivered to and I will initiate the transaction with eBay. You will receive all the transaction details from them.

I will appreciate an answer as soon as possible.

Thank you
Mike

Brutalis
07-12-2008, 07:44 PM
Now I got to figure out a reply.

Chief
07-12-2008, 08:01 PM

wow, nicee, u got him on the bait, hook him

fuck he said transport by us cargo plane, why does the movie american gangster come to mind ?

Vinnie_Johnson
07-12-2008, 08:43 PM

Keep going give him that fake name and place to ship to. You should ask him to send you a copy of the pink and Vin number cause you heard that there are scamers out there.

Vinnie_Johnson
07-12-2008, 08:45 PM
Another Craigslist Scam

Postby Patrickmilburn on Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:56 am
Earlier today another Insight scam made the rounds on Cragslist in most metropolitan areas of the United States. The ad purported to be offering a 2003 silver Insight with CVT boasting of 70 MPG for only $4,800. Its is another variety of the "send your money overseas and get a bargain too good to be true in return" scam. In this case some scammer is posing as a member of the US armed forces looking to sell an Insight in England to a buyer back home in the US. I don't know whether it angers me more that the scammer is using an Insight as part of the con, or that he is posing as a member of the US military (a common ruse). Probably some terrorist seeking to fund his efforts off gullible Americans. The email that follows the listing pretty well lays out the con:

"Hi there ,

Thank you for your interest in my car.This is a 2003 Honda Insight Hybrid ,Exterior Color Silver,Interior Color Gray,Automatic Transmission,non-smoker, clean title,only 59,600 miles on it,VIN# : JHMZE14783T000190.

Here you can find more pictures of the car: http://s280.photobucket.com/albums/kk17 ... daInsight/

Thank you
Lt. Michael Wagner "

Vinnie_Johnson
07-12-2008, 08:50 PM
Oh tell him as luck would have it you have a friend in London who wants to drive over and view the car before you send the money.

Sense
07-12-2008, 10:42 PM
lol damn this is fun... u should mess with him...

Brutalis
07-13-2008, 09:26 AM
I replied this morning saying I got some buddies stationed in London, and they have been wired the cash and need to know where to pay you and pick up the car.

marini martini
07-13-2008, 10:13 AM
:wakeup

Dang, I'm glued to my screen. Can't wait to see how this all ends.

My daughter almost bought a car off craigslist about a month ago. They were going to ship it down from Canada, after she sent them the money. Thank god, I got through to her, it was a scam.:bang

theroc5156
07-14-2008, 09:10 AM
Hi guys, newbie here. I am in the beginning stages of something like this scam myself. I replied to the $3400 Acura RL from Robin Lehrman. Here is an e-mail I got today after I e-mailed him Friday asking him if the car indeed was $3400.

Hello ,

I apologize for the delay, I'm in the military and now I am in United Kingdom and that's why I couldn't reply in time. Anyway, thank you for your interest in buying the car. Why is the price so low? I am selling the car because I am here in UK with my work, and my regiment will be deployed in three weeks in Iraq and I think I'll stay there for a while that's why I'm selling it so cheap. I intend to buy a new car when I'll get back home. So all that I want to do now is to sell the car at this price,because I need to sell it fast. Now I will tell you a few words about the car. 2005 ACURA RL 3.5 SH-AWD, with no need for additional repairs, no scratches, dings, special marks whatsoever.The interior looks great (NO SMOKING). It has 21,343 miles(check pics) and the VIN # is: JH4KB16565C002996 (check pics) . It has a clear title ready to be signed and notarized on your name. Here are all the photos of my car. The pictures are recent, and they were taken right before preparing the car for sale.

The car is exactly as shown in the pictures: http://picasaweb.google.com/robin.lehrman/My2005ACURARL35ForSale

The price is $3,400 THIS IS MY LAST PRICE. I will not negotiate the price. I will take in consideration only those buyers who are really interested in buying the car, to be sure that I don't waste my time with endless discussions.This way, I shall be assured of the serious intentions. So if you are interested please email me back for next step.
Warm regards,

Robin,
-------------------------------------------------------------
U.S. Navy. Robin Lehrman - HQMC. - Headquarters Marine Corps U.S. Navy.
God Bless America !!

Vinnie_Johnson
07-17-2008, 04:33 PM
So what ever happened?

Brutalis
07-17-2008, 04:43 PM
He never replied back.