Wright, a three-year veteran, played his first two seasons in New Jersey
before he was acquired by the Mavericks on Feb. 19, 2008 in the same deal
that brought Jason Kidd to Dallas. In 56 games last season, Wright averaged
a career-high 6.3 points, 2.6 rebounds and 1.4 assists in 22.0 minutes per
game.

The former Texas A&M standout was the 15th overall selection in the 2005 NBA
Draft by New Jersey. Wright was the first Aggie in history to be named First
Team All-Big 12 and left Texas A&M after his junior season as the school's
ninth all-time scoring leader (1,338 points).

"We are excited that Antoine will be returning to Dallas next season," said
President of Basketball Operations/General Manager Donnie Nelson. "He is an
emerging young prospect with tremendous promise. With his youth, athleticism
and talent, he has a very bright future in Dallas."

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.

MavDynasty
07-11-2008, 01:54 PM
roster getting full=bye jones and stack

Findog
07-11-2008, 02:37 PM
first goddamned thing they've gotten right in quite a while. Not like he's some superstar or something, but he played well and contributed everytime Avery deigned to take his head out of his ass and play him ahead of Stack or Eddie Jones.

Findog
07-11-2008, 02:47 PM
roster getting full=bye jones and stack

As of right now, they're still on the roster and they're garbage. Good look getting some other team to take that garbage off our hands.

Findog
07-11-2008, 02:52 PM
Also, Cubes and Donnie can't possibly burn their entire MLE on Diop, sign Green and re-ink Wright and call it a summer. At least not while still talking a championship. I'm pretty confident that this team can at least equal what they did last year - make the playoffs as a low seed and bow out in meek fashion in the first round. Beyond that...meh

mavsfan1000
07-11-2008, 03:43 PM
I don't know. Depends on how much Antoine Wright and Diop improve. Both could be starters for us next year. Right away, we get more athletic at those 2 positions. Bass could improve as well. I'm definitely liking what we have now on this team if Rick Carlisle doesn't overplay the veterans.

Findog
07-11-2008, 03:49 PM
If you're aren't getting better, then you're getting worse. There is no standing still in the NBA. Are we better than we were last year, based on the current configuration of the roster and the change in coaches? Yes, I think so, but only marginally. And other teams are improving as well. The Mavs will be lucky to duplicate a 51-31 record and first round exit.

Shank
07-11-2008, 04:11 PM
McLeod and Singleton signed, too. Doesn't that just about fill out the roster?

Findog
07-11-2008, 04:14 PM
McLeod and Singleton signed, too. Doesn't that just about fill out the roster?

<Sighs heavily> Yeah, I guess so

SynicFan
07-11-2008, 04:16 PM
I don't know. Depends on how much Antoine Wright and Diop improve. Both could be starters for us next year. Right away, we get more athletic at those 2 positions. Bass could improve as well. I'm definitely liking what we have now on this team if Rick Carlisle doesn't overplay the veterans.

Yes, I recommend they start Diop and Wright next season. Thats A FABULOUS idea. GO FOR IT!
step awaaaaay from the checkbook QBunz....just close the checkbook and call it a summer.

monosylab1k
07-11-2008, 04:36 PM
Oh hey, they re-signed a guy that was getting zero interest from any other teams! Bad ass! Donnie sure knows what he's doing, getting the highly coveted Antoine Motherfucking Wright! :whine

Findog
07-11-2008, 04:38 PM
Oh hey, they re-signed a guy that was getting zero interest from any other teams! Bad ass! Donnie sure knows what he's doing, getting the highly coveted Antoine Motherfucking Wright! :whine

You can't shit on this. With all the open roster spots they have, Wright deserves to get one of them, especially considering he isn't a complete fucking waste of space like Stackhouse or Jones.

monosylab1k
07-11-2008, 04:41 PM
You can't shit on this. With all the open roster spots they have, Wright deserves to get one of them, especially considering he isn't a complete fucking waste of space like Stackhouse or Jones.

so you're telling me I should be happy that the biggest amount of effort Donnie Nelson could muster up this week was to re-sign a guy that's been a career spare who is, at best, a 10th man on a good team?

This of course coming right after the incredibly obtuse offering of the full MLE to Mr. Incredible a.k.a. 2.5 points & 5 rebounds a night.

Awesome. This thing really looks headed in the right direction.

Findog
07-11-2008, 04:44 PM
so you're telling me I should be happy that the biggest amount of effort Donnie Nelson could muster up this week was to re-sign a guy that's been a career spare who is, at best, a 10th man on a good team?

Yes. I like Antoine Wright, I think he's good enough to be in an 8-man rotation.

manufor3
07-11-2008, 05:15 PM
good resigning

nil.ball
07-11-2008, 05:22 PM
dude,
re-signed not resigned.
damnit

confined
07-11-2008, 05:46 PM

This of course coming right after the incredibly obtuse offering of the full MLE to Mr. Incredible a.k.a. 2.5 points & 5 rebounds a night.

Awesome. This thing really looks headed in the right direction.

this guy averaged a little over 10 a game playing with kidd in NJ, it's a decent signing now that kidd can run the show. Wright is far from a spare

Shank
07-11-2008, 05:54 PM
Wright > CDR

mavsfan1000
07-11-2008, 06:11 PM
The only thing missing now is Harris. :(

monosylab1k
07-11-2008, 06:45 PM
this guy averaged a little over 10 a game playing with kidd in NJ, it's a decent signing now that kidd can run the show. Wright is far from a spare

yeah but I thought Gerald Green was already here to reinvent the shooting guard position with his awesomeness. How is Wright going to get any PT?

confined
07-11-2008, 07:08 PM
yeah but I thought Gerald Green was already here to reinvent the shooting guard position with his awesomeness. How is Wright going to get any PT?

both of them have potential, but neither are "awesome" yet, wright can play back-up small forward if that answers your question

Ghazi
07-12-2008, 12:28 AM
The Mavs are a shooting guard away from a championship!

mavsfan1000
07-12-2008, 04:02 AM
The Mavs are a shooting guard away from a championship!
More like a youthful point guard away from a championship. That's where Cuban screwed up. We are missing our most crucial piece of this trade though we got Diop back helps. Celtics won because they had a point guard that was an offensive threat and was quick on defense.

Ghazi
07-12-2008, 05:36 AM
More like a youthful point guard away from a championship. That's where Cuban screwed up. We are missing our most crucial piece of this trade though we got Diop back helps. Celtics won because they had a point guard that was an offensive threat and was quick on defense.

Kidd isn't a scrub, and Rondo was like the 4th or 5th best player for the Celtics. if Devin Harris was the missing piece to the championship puzzle, why didn't the Mavs win it all last year and are you implying we were the best team in the NBA before the Kidd trade because we were not!

confined
07-12-2008, 11:05 AM

No i'm pretty sure the celtic won because they had pierce, garnett, and allen, on their team :rolleyes