PDA

View Full Version : So wait a minute , we got NOTHING ?!

Chief
07-11-2008, 02:25 PM
Corey goes to the Warriors for far more then what we were all expecting, he's getting what like 10 mill a year ?

Barry is gone ?
Pietrus goes to Orlando ?
Duhon goes to the Knicks ?

Fuck, where did the Spurs go wrong ?

baseline bum
07-11-2008, 02:26 PM
Corey goes to the Warriors for far more then what we were all expecting, he's getting what like 10 mill a year ?

Barry is gone ?

They let Presti walk and kept Buford.

ChumpDumper
07-11-2008, 02:27 PM
Original thread idea.

NuGGeTs-FaN
07-11-2008, 02:31 PM
holy frick! you guys landed Roger Mason and are still complaining? The guy is a stud who is just waiting for the minutes.

tp2021
07-11-2008, 02:39 PM

Barry is gone ?

No, we expected the teams with more than the MLE to offer would get Maggette.
Pietrus is mini-Elson.
Who wants Duhon? We have 3 point guards on the roster already. Mason can play some, and so can Manu.

holy frick! you guys landed Roger Mason and are still complaining? The guy is a stud who is just waiting for the minutes.

Don't generalize.:p:

nil.ball
07-11-2008, 02:41 PM
George Hill, the next gilbert arenas?

Dex
07-11-2008, 02:46 PM
How many championships have you picked up so far?

I mean, missing out on Maggette sucked, but it was a long shot in the first place. I knew we were doomed as soon as we were pegged as the 'favorites'. Nobody wants to let the best get better.

Mason is a solid addition and is a guy who is chomping at the bit to prove himself in this league. If he does that on our team, it will be a great signing. We are finally injecting some youth with Hill and Mahinmi, and possibly Hairston and Gist.

And yet now people are bitching about not bringing back the same team.

I wish Barry would've gotten the offer to come back, too, but you gotta let change be what it is. People should be happy that the Spurs are actually being active in this offseason.

DespЏrado
07-11-2008, 02:47 PM
I think this might be a situation where the spurs look like they could do no right on paper, the team they assembled looks like absolute crap, but actually manages to be a really hard nosed defensive team with right combination of youth and athleticism that revitalizes the Spurs to a strong title push.

Manny makes the point in another thread that every player we are bringing in is known as a someone who can get it done on the defensive end first, and still manages to contribute on the offensive end in their spots. That might just be what the Spurs need, Manu, Tony, and Duncan bring enough on offense that if we can plug some of the defensive gaps the Spurs might be vastly improved from last year.

And Mason is going to be better than expected. What the Spurs need is someone with a quick release that doesn't hesitate to put the shot up. Mason seems to fit that bill with fairly good percentages. He can come off screens, pick up a dish out pass from a driving Tony or Manu, and release it in a fluid lightning quick movement. That is something the Spurs have really lacked.

LakerHater
07-11-2008, 03:01 PM
http://db.funformobile.com/images/smiles/thumbup.gif (javascript:emoticon('form_text',':2up:'))

SPURSGOAT
07-11-2008, 03:02 PM
How many championships have you picked up so far?

I mean, missing out on Maggette sucked, but it was a long shot in the first place. I knew we were doomed as soon as we were pegged as the 'favorites'. Nobody wants to let the best get better.

Mason is a solid addition and is a guy who is chomping at the bit to prove himself in this league. If he does that on our team, it will be a great signing. We are finally injecting some youth with Hill and Mahinmi, and possibly Hairston and Gist.

And yet now people are bitching about not bringing back the same team.

I wish Barry would've gotten the offer to come back, too, but you gotta let change be what it is. People should be happy that the Spurs are actually being active in this offseason.

:tu

SPURSGOAT
07-11-2008, 03:03 PM
I think this might be a situation where the spurs look like they could do no right on paper, the team they assembled looks like absolute crap, but actually manages to be a really hard nosed defensive team with right combination of youth and athleticism that revitalizes the Spurs to a strong title push.

Manny makes the point in another thread that every player we are bringing in is known as a someone who can get it done on the defensive end first, and still manages to contribute on the offensive end in their spots. That might just be what the Spurs need, Manu, Tony, and Duncan bring enough on offense that if we can plug some of the defensive gaps the Spurs might be vastly improved from last year.

And Mason is going to be better than expected. What the Spurs need is someone with a quick release that doesn't hesitate to put the shot up. Mason seems to fit that bill with fairly good percentages. He can come off screens, pick up a dish out pass from a driving Tony or Manu, and release it in a fluid lightning quick movement. That is something the Spurs have really lacked.

:tu

T Park
07-11-2008, 03:03 PM

Barry is gone ?

Pietrus and Duhon suck, are you drunk?

How were the Spurs supposed to counter the Warriors 10 million?

spurman20
07-11-2008, 03:26 PM
FA signing period is far from over, I think we have a move or two left maybe even a trade....I think the spurs will try to get help upfront and will sign another cheap wing.....Tony Allen is a great defender and can get to the rim.....Players like D Harrison and P Obrien can be had cheap....not sure how to spell his name.......I like Ricky Davis for a year or two for the LLE.......The spurs kept the 1.9 of the MLE for a reason...so they could get to quality bench player who will wait to long to sign and will be scrambling to take what they can get.......and why not go to a vet club who may reward you if you play well and you can win a ring...smart move in my opinion..

rj215
07-11-2008, 03:38 PM
FA signing period is far from over, I think we have a move or two left maybe even a trade....I think the spurs will try to get help upfront and will sign another cheap wing.....Tony Allen is a great defender and can get to the rim.....Players like D Harrison and P Obrien can be had cheap....not sure how to spell his name.......I like Ricky Davis for a year or two for the LLE.......The spurs kept the 1.9 of the MLE for a reason...so they could get to quality bench player who will wait to long to sign and will be scrambling to take what they can get.......and why not go to a vet club who may reward you if you play well and you can win a ring...smart move in my opinion..

I hope you're right but my money says nothing much else happens unless it's Fin-Dog coming back to help ruin our FG%....

King
07-11-2008, 03:40 PM

Presti would've created more cap space to work with?

Slinkyman
07-11-2008, 03:45 PM
Pietrus and Duhon suck, are you drunk?

How were the Spurs supposed to counter the Warriors 10 million?

Shit, Duhon sucks and he's drunk too. :toast

Mason>Pietrus anyday

spurman20
07-11-2008, 03:48 PM
I think they Know they still need to improve.....I could also see a player like David Lee being send to us for next to nothing....NY is clearing cap space and have already said lee is not the player for the new system.......The spurs wanted to draft him a couple years ago but never got the chance...He would be nice off the bench.....Great defender who can defend the post and out on the wing....gets alot of easy buckets and is a good rebounder.......changes shots

SpursChampsIII
07-11-2008, 03:49 PM

Barry is gone ?

:dramaquee

TheProfessor
07-11-2008, 04:06 PM
Original thread idea.
Not only that, but it was so urgent he had to post it on SR as well.

manufor3
07-11-2008, 05:22 PM

ya that's about right

Brutalis
07-11-2008, 05:24 PM
Not only that, but it was so urgent he had to post it on SR as well.

Well checking out SR makes you just as bad as him sweetheart.

Spork KIller
07-11-2008, 05:57 PM
a stud???

9 fricking points a game and he's a stud....

lol

Loser sporks

Spork KIller
07-11-2008, 05:58 PM

Barry is gone ?

that summs it up!

Losers of the offseason lol :lol

ChumpDumper
07-11-2008, 05:59 PM
a stud???

9 fricking points a game and he's a stud....Well, that's what Diaw and Giricek averaged.

Seems comparable.

Chief
07-11-2008, 07:23 PM
that summs it up!

Losers of the offseason lol :lol

i haven't been able to keep up with the free agency market this offseason, so when i checked espn and it said corey was gone and all the others, I came on here and asked ya'll where did the spurs go wrong ?

lefty
07-11-2008, 09:02 PM
It's not that bad actually.

Sure, we didn't get any "big name", but we did improve our bench backourt; I like the idea of having George Hill and Roger Mason coming off the bench.

If TP, Manu or Findog are off, Hill and Maze can help.