PDA

View Full Version : BREAKING NEWS---Brett Favre

djohn14
07-11-2008, 02:36 PM
Brett Favre has asked the Packers for his release! Chris Mortenson reported it on NFL Live. I guess hes coming back. What contenders could use him? Baltimore? Could we see him go back to Atlanta? I doubt it, but the possibilities are fun!

djohn14
07-11-2008, 02:40 PM
And just so you know I wasnt calling Atlanta a contender, I was just saying it brings him closer to home and back to the team that drafted him. It would also give them a capable starter while Matt Ryan got ready. A young fella could learn a lot from him.

I feel Baltimore would be a good match for him though. A great D, good coaching, and an offensive that has Todd Heap, Derrick Mason, and Willis McGahee to hand the ball off too. That would also allow Joe Flacco to learn, and they wont have to put up with a terrible dose of Kyle Boller. That would be a pretty dangerous team IMO.

Hank the Tank
07-11-2008, 02:46 PM
wow thats fuckin nuts! i never imagined ever brett favre in another teams uniform besides the packers. i wonder how gb fans feel about all this...

Johnny_Blaze_47
07-11-2008, 02:49 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3483521

djohn14
07-11-2008, 02:52 PM
Thanks JB

Vinnie_Johnson
07-11-2008, 02:59 PM
The Bears would be a good fit he should be able to start.

tp2021
07-11-2008, 03:00 PM
I would rather he stayed retired as a Packer, but he still has a lot left, and he showed it last season. So, do whatever you want dude. I wonder what the fans will think...

Evan
07-11-2008, 04:04 PM
anyone listen to SIRIUS NFL radio? Brett Favre is all they have talked about since the off season started except for the draft.

NBA Junkie
07-11-2008, 06:20 PM
The drama queen is at it again.

misterx91578
07-11-2008, 06:26 PM
go away Favre go away

Whisky Dog
07-11-2008, 11:42 PM
The Packers are insane if they release him. Either search for a good trade or tell him that he will not be getting his wish. Releasing him to go to the Bears or Vikings would be an absolutely stupid move.

Fillmoe
07-12-2008, 01:08 AM
this dude should just go back to the vicodin and beer

Spurtacus
07-12-2008, 03:23 AM
I clicked on this thinking Favre was released this morning. The Breaking News got me. lol

JustSpurs
07-12-2008, 05:52 AM
But wait...there's more!

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8335678?MSNHPHMA

Brutalis
07-12-2008, 09:05 AM
What a loser.

samikeyp
07-12-2008, 09:24 AM
Favre playing football in the Bay this season.

Tampa Bay. :)

Spuradicator
07-12-2008, 09:43 AM
Alot of teams should be lining up for Favre.

Texans should try to go after him.

djohn14
07-12-2008, 09:45 AM
Brutalis....man I respect you...why did you call Brett Favre a loser?

Whisky Dog
07-12-2008, 10:19 AM
Brutalis....man I respect you...why did you call Brett Favre a loser?

He was a winner on the field, but the way he has held that organization hostage with his indecision and pure bullshit the last couple of years would point to him being an asshole off the field, or at least a weak minded prick.

BRHornet45
07-12-2008, 10:45 AM
Brett Favre AKA the Roger Clemens of the NFL

both are superior Drama Queens

Thunder Dan
07-12-2008, 11:25 AM
I hate people that think Brett Favre is anything more than a decent QB. There is no reason to constantly stroke his dick like they do in the media.

Brutalis
07-12-2008, 11:43 AM
He was a winner on the field, but the way he has held that organization hostage with his indecision and pure bullshit the last couple of years would point to him being an asshole off the field, or at least a weak minded prick.

SpursFanFirst
07-12-2008, 11:50 AM
:lmao The Packers won't release him! Awesome!
And now...even if he plays for the Pack, he'll serve as the backup QB. :lmao

He totally deserves this treatment after his behavior - the flip-flopping and putting that team in jeopardy. Good for them! I hope they stick with this.

bostonguy
07-12-2008, 11:57 AM
Favre needs to give it up. You retired and you arent going to another team. Packers have moved on and so should you. Dont pull a Jerry Rice and overstay your welcome.

Kriz-Maxima
07-12-2008, 12:44 PM
:lmao The Packers won't release him! Awesome!
And now...even if he plays for the Pack, he'll serve as the backup QB. :lmao

He totally deserves this treatment after his behavior - the flip-flopping and putting that team in jeopardy. Good for them! I hope they stick with this.

I have a new found respect for the Packers

SpursFanFirst
07-12-2008, 01:30 PM

:tu I just hope they don't change their minds.

Brutalis
07-12-2008, 02:09 PM

Me too.

David Wooderson
07-12-2008, 02:14 PM
I hate people that think Brett Favre is anything more than a decent QB. There is no reason to constantly stroke his dick like they do in the media.

Well it's not like he's the only NFL player to ever win three MVPs in a row, win the SB and break every QB record except Tom Brady's ridiculous 50 TD single season record. I bet Brady Quinn doesn't come close to sniffing anything in Favre's trophy case. He's already got no chance at the consecutive games started record after going into his second season as Derek Anderson's personal waterboy.

The Packers are doin' the right thing by stickin' with Rodgers.

DDS4
07-12-2008, 02:15 PM
It'll be interesting if Favre accepts the backup role, knowing that any fuckup by Aaron Rodgers will entice the fans/media to pressure the Pack to starting him.

The Packers are in a tough position either way.

exstatic
07-12-2008, 02:22 PM

+1 This was the ABSOLUTE PERFECT response.

GB: You won't hold us hostage, and we won't release you.

Favre hated being a backup, even when he was a fat nobody in ATL. He may try to call their bluff by coming into camp, but he'll never spend the whole season holding a clipboard.

cant w8 4 2012
07-12-2008, 02:37 PM
He's gonna end up getting released. Too many major media markets with money to throw at the league. He will be back. jets,bears,vikes,bucs,lions just off the top of my head. Can't say I don't support him.Don't agree with how he went bout it, but I see the league coming up with a solution that benefits all partys involved :toast

jack sommerset
07-12-2008, 03:23 PM
For 12 million dollars Farve should relish the role as back up. God I hope he calls the Packers bluff.Pack should just make a deal to have him play in AFL.Thats the end of that. Instead both parties are going to act like ass's. Not good TV either.

David Wooderson
07-12-2008, 04:11 PM
He retired fair and square after jerking off the Packers for years about whether he would retire or not. If he wants to come back, he needs to go back to Green Bay and ride the bench for most of the season. The Packers FO needs to sit down with him and Rodgers and say that they are committed to Aaron, but if the Pack is doing worse than 4-1 going into week 6 and they are losing in the 2nd quarter of that game, bring Brett of the bench and see if they do any better with him.

djohn14
07-12-2008, 05:08 PM
Nah, I figure they wont release him, but they'll trade him to a sucky team.

ducks
07-12-2008, 06:59 PM
I would trade brent but not release him

ducks
07-12-2008, 07:00 PM
He's gonna end up getting released. Too many major media markets with money to throw at the league. He will be back. jets,bears,vikes,bucs,lions just off the top of my head. Can't say I don't support him.Don't agree with how he went bout it, but I see the league coming up with a solution that benefits all partys involved :toast

they better be willing to get up picks and whatever green bay wants for him

Spurtacus
07-12-2008, 07:01 PM
Trade him to the Dolphins. I've lost a lot of respect for Favre the flip flopper.

O-Factor
07-12-2008, 07:27 PM
Call their bluff Brett.

Bringing Favre back as a back up is the absolute worst idea the Green Bay brass could do. They'll have to pay him what 9 million or 12 million dollars(can't remember what he is due this year) AND make him ride the bench? Are you kidding.

And if Favre says "okay, you can pay me to be a back up" he can enjoy all the Packer fans roaring his name at every home game, booing Rodgers and the coaching staff everytime Rodgers makes a mistake, any mistake, inevitable mistakes. There will be fans chanting for him to play in beginning of games aswell. That would kill Rodgers confidence, make McCarthy highly uncomfortable, and Thompson cringe.

Thats what Green Bay gets for forcing to decision on Brett way back in March. Just release him already.

Obstructed_View
07-12-2008, 08:09 PM
Call their bluff Brett.

Bringing Favre back as a back up is the absolute worst idea the Green Bay brass could do. They'll have to pay him what 9 million or 12 million dollars(can't remember what he is due this year) AND make him ride the bench? Are you kidding.

And if Favre says "okay, you can pay me to be a back up" he can enjoy all the Packer fans roaring his name at every home game, booing Rodgers and the coaching staff everytime Rodgers makes a mistake, any mistake, inevitable mistakes. There will be fans chanting for him to play in beginning of games aswell. That would kill Rodgers confidence, make McCarthy highly uncomfortable, and Thompson cringe.

Thats what Green Bay gets for forcing to decision on Brett way back in March. Just release him already.

I wouldn't put it past Favre to completely fuck the team in order to get what he's wanted for three years, which is to play for one of Green Bay's division rivals. How dare the team ask him not to leave them hanging for the entire summer a third year in a row! The nerve of some people.

Seriously, it'd serve the Packers fans screaming about loyalty right if the team just released him. They'd quickly realize what a rotten little punk he is when he runs to either Minnesota or Chicago.

O-Factor
07-12-2008, 09:56 PM
I wouldn't put it past Favre to completely fuck the team in order to get what he's wanted for three years, which is to play for one of Green Bay's division rivals. How dare the team ask him not to leave them hanging for the entire summer a third year in a row! The nerve of some people.

Seriously, it'd serve the Packers fans screaming about loyalty right if the team just released him. They'd quickly realize what a rotten little punk he is when he runs to either Minnesota or Chicago.

Over the last 3 years of spending hundreds of hours watching ESPN, reading sports news, I must of missed that interview where Favre said he wantedto play for a division rival. Guess I missed that one.

If Im a Packer fan, how dare the team NOT want to bring Favre back for a legitamate run at Super Bowl. You are going to win more games with Favre than Rodgers, that's just a simple fact.

Plus it would make for incredible NFL drama if Favre ends up with Minny or Chicago and plays Green Bay and Rodgers. I wouldn't miss those games, thats for sure.

ducks
07-12-2008, 11:14 PM
I know alot packer fans
they want brent gone
they know they are not about to win a title
and want to reload with a new quarterback and get that chemistry started between the quarterback and receiver

ducks
07-12-2008, 11:41 PM
GREEN BAY, Wis. (AP)—The Packers aren’t about to let Brett Favre become a free agent. And while he’s now free to return to Green Bay for another season, there’s no guarantee he’ll be the Packers’ starting quarterback if he does.

In an interview with The Associated Press Saturday, Packers general manager Ted Thompson and coach Mike McCarthy said they don’t plan to grant Favre the release he is seeking from his contract and are committed to Aaron Rodgers as their starter.

“We’ve communicated that to Brett, that we have since moved forward,” Thompson said Saturday, in his first public comments since Favre requested to be released this week. “At the same time, we’ve never said that there couldn’t be some role that he might play here. But I would understand his point that he would want to play.”

And if Favre wanted to play for the Packers, he had the chance when he told them a few weeks after his tearful goodbye news conference that he was having second thoughts. With Thompson and McCarthy preparing to board a private plane to fly to Mississippi and seal the deal on a comeback, all Favre had to do was say yes.

He didn’t.

“Ted always wanted Brett back,” McCarthy said. “We always wanted Brett back.”

A message left by the AP with Favre’s agent, Bus Cook, was not immediately returned.

Favre, who led the Packers to a Super Bowl title after the 1996 season, held a tearful news conference to announce his retirement March 6. Favre has made high drama out of his waffling over retirement in the past several offseasons, but it seemed to be for real this time.

Until Favre told Packers offensive line coach James Campen a few weeks later that he was having second thoughts. Campen is a friend of Favre’s who McCarthy said has been miscast as an official intermediary between Favre and the team in some media reports.

After several telephone discussions with Favre led them to believe he wanted to return, Thompson and McCarthy were preparing to go to Mississippi when Favre suddenly called McCarthy.

“He said he appreciated all the planning we were going to do,” McCarthy said. “But he felt that at this point, he had reached a point of closure, to use his words, and he was going to stick with his initial decision.”

Even after Favre’s near-comeback in March, McCarthy and Thompson said they regularly communicated with Favre. Thompson even went to Mississippi to visit Favre in May, and didn’t get the sense Favre was having serious thoughts about playing again as the two had lunch on his back porch.

“He mentioned several things where you could tell there’s always indecisiveness,” Thompson said. “He’s wondering if he made the right decision. I think that’s normal.”

But the tone changed dramatically in June, when Campen said he was getting worried about Favre. McCarthy said he had a phone conversation with Favre on June 20, and the quarterback sent a clear message: “Give me my helmet or give me my release.”

Even then, McCarthy said when he asked Favre if he was ready to make a 100 percent commitment to football—an issue Favre had brought up in his retirement news conference—the answer still was no.

“That always seemed to be the one thing that he had to come to grips with,” McCarthy said.
In this Dec. 21, 2006 file photo, Green Bay Packers quarterback Brett Favre waves to spectators as he leaves the field following the Packers' 9-7 victory over the Minnesota Vikings during an NFL football game in Green Bay, Wis. The Green Bay Packers' general manager and coach don't plan to grant Brett Favre's request for his release. If he does rejoin the team, they told The Associated Press, it won't be as the starting quarterback.
In this Dec. 21, 2006 file pho…
AP - Jul 12, 2:45 pm EDT

Next came a text message exchange between Thompson and Favre on July 4. At the time, Thompson didn’t think it was a big deal that he wrote Favre back saying he was traveling and asked if they could talk Monday.

But then Thompson began getting texts from Cook. Sensing rising tension, Thompson and McCarthy agreed to a conference call with Favre and Cook on Tuesday.

Only then, McCarthy said, did Favre say he was 100 percent committed to playing. McCarthy said he doesn’t question Favre’s commitment to football, but said Favre often brought up the issue himself.

“The way he plays the game illustrates the guy is committed,” McCarthy said. “(But) those are his words. That was always his final hurdle that he said he had to get over.”

The hurdle was apparently cleared weeks before the start of training camp.

“Was it convincing? I’d say yes,” McCarthy said. “But that was the first time, July 8, that I’d ever heard him say (he was committed). And he continually, from (June) 21 to July 8, told James Campen that he was not going to play. So that’s a pretty important piece of the puzzle.”
In this Nov. 11, 2007 file photo, Green Bay Packers head coach Mike McCarthy, right, smiles with Brett Favre (4) during the second half of an NFL football game Sunday, Nov. 11, 2007, in Green Bay, Wis. Packers coach Mike McCarthy was grilled about rumors of a Brett Favre comeback Wednesday, july 9, 2008, and not by the media, but by kids at the Boys & Girls Club of Green Bay.
In this Nov. 11, 2007 file pho…
AP - Jul 9, 4:07 pm EDT

Cook then sent the Packers a letter officially asking for Favre to be released, which would allow him to sign with any NFL team.

With Favre not being offered a defined role with the Packers if he returns at this point, and the team not inclined to release Favre so he could sign with a division rival, a trade may be the best resolution.

Thompson and McCarthy declined to discuss that possibility, and Thompson said he had not received any inquiries from other teams as of Saturday morning.

Where does that leave the Packers and their beloved three-time MVP?

In a pretty big mess.

“Quite frankly, it’s a little gut-wrenching as an organization to go through it, and certainly for Mike and myself,” Thompson said. “This stuff hurts a lot of people. I mean, it hurts. I’m not talking about physically hurting, but the sensitivity. We understand where the fans are coming from. This is a hot-button issue that surpasses anything I’ve ever gone through.
what a losser
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=Ao8UP52zwjBa8ukDHOi0ij8dsLYF?slug=ap-packers-favre&prov=ap&type=lgns&print=1

GaryJohnston
07-12-2008, 11:57 PM
Big Ben, Carson Palmer and Tony Romo comment on Farve...would like to see him play.

http://sports.espn.go.com/broadband/video/videopage?videoId=3484791&categoryId=2459789&n8pe6c=1

Whisky Dog
07-13-2008, 12:06 AM
Fuck Favre. What an indecisive pussy.

Obstructed_View
07-13-2008, 02:57 AM
Over the last 3 years of spending hundreds of hours watching ESPN, reading sports news, I must of missed that interview where Favre said he wantedto play for a division rival. Guess I missed that one.
Yeah, you've made it rather clear that the only way you were going to catch it is if he flat out told the world, something the Packers would have appreciated as well.

If you've watched that much ESPN, then you are well aware of the "What are they going to do? Release me?" offseason. If you aren't smart enough to recognize that whole charade for what it was, then I'm afraid all the ESPN in the world isn't going to help you.

If Im a Packer fan, how dare the team NOT want to bring Favre back for a legitamate run at Super Bowl. You are going to win more games with Favre than Rodgers, that's just a simple fact.
You can't be as sports-educated as you claim and say something like that, because they wanted to bring him back. There's hundreds of accounts of it. They asked him. They've done every single thing they can, but once he told them repeatedly that he was done, they had to move on. I suppose you think it's okay to just scrap all the mini camps they've done, tear up all the game planning they've spent the last five months going over and just let Brett come back. They are a legitimate Super Bowl contender as it stands, and that puts them way behind all the other teams. Surely you understand that football teams work 12 months a year, and they simply can't afford to put themselves at such a huge disadvantage of creating a strategy if they don't know who the quarterback is going to be.

Presuming for the moment that the Packers weren't well aware that Favre doesn't actually want to play for them, they could bring him back, which would probably end up alienating Rodgers and a good part of the locker room, have to try to rely on his arm and decision making to win big games and then face the inevitable tearful retirement ceremony once again next winter. Not really worth the headache.

Now, back to reality: since the Packers are well aware they're being played, they are better off calling his bluff and playing dumb and innocent to the press.

Good thing the 49ers didn't listen to the people that said "You're stupid to get rid of Montana; Steve Young isn't going to be any good."

Plus it would make for incredible NFL drama if Favre ends up with Minny or Chicago and plays Green Bay and Rodgers. I wouldn't miss those games, thats for sure.
Well then the Packers should just tell their team, their coaches, their current quarterback, and their season ticket holders to suck it because non-Packers fans out in ESPN land want to see more manufactured drama revolving around Brett Favre.

ducks
07-13-2008, 09:56 AM
it would be funny if he went to the bears
and a green bay player creamed him and caused him to miss his first game

Spurtacus
07-13-2008, 05:31 PM
I hope the Madden curse hits him if he returns.

Obstructed_View
07-14-2008, 06:22 AM
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/wire/chi-ap-fbn-timdahlberg-0712,0,2446933.story

Since the AP are a bunch of dicks, I can't even post the headline, but it's a good read.

florige
07-14-2008, 08:42 AM
I really wouldn'y be the least bit surprised to see that guy here in Baltimore. We have a habit of signing QB's on their last leg when really we have prospects on the roster already who should be starting. Plus I'm not sure how effective Favre would be with those bunch of misfit recievers we have.

O-Factor
07-14-2008, 09:09 AM
Yeah, you've made it rather clear that the only way you were going to catch it is if he flat out told the world, something the Packers would have appreciated as well.

If you've watched that much ESPN, then you are well aware of the "What are they going to do? Release me?" offseason. If you aren't smart enough to recognize that whole charade for what it was, then I'm afraid all the ESPN in the world isn't going to help you.

You can't be as sports-educated as you claim and say something like that, because they wanted to bring him back. There's hundreds of accounts of it. They asked him. They've done every single thing they can, but once he told them repeatedly that he was done, they had to move on. I suppose you think it's okay to just scrap all the mini camps they've done, tear up all the game planning they've spent the last five months going over and just let Brett come back. They are a legitimate Super Bowl contender as it stands, and that puts them way behind all the other teams. Surely you understand that football teams work 12 months a year, and they simply can't afford to put themselves at such a huge disadvantage of creating a strategy if they don't know who the quarterback is going to be.

Presuming for the moment that the Packers weren't well aware that Favre doesn't actually want to play for them, they could bring him back, which would probably end up alienating Rodgers and a good part of the locker room, have to try to rely on his arm and decision making to win big games and then face the inevitable tearful retirement ceremony once again next winter. Not really worth the headache.

Now, back to reality: since the Packers are well aware they're being played, they are better off calling his bluff and playing dumb and innocent to the press.

Good thing the 49ers didn't listen to the people that said "You're stupid to get rid of Montana; Steve Young isn't going to be any good."

Well then the Packers should just tell their team, their coaches, their current quarterback, and their season ticket holders to suck it because non-Packers fans out in ESPN land want to see more manufactured drama revolving around Brett Favre.

So is this the point in our dialog where you throw personal insults at me for having a different opinion huh? Okay.

But I got to call some bullshit on you. You said Favre wanted to play for division rivals the last three years. I used an obvious exaggeration that I spent hours watching ESPN over the last three years to point out that Favre never said that. If you can provide a link to prove that, I'll accept that I missed that. And yes I am well aware of the last three Packer off seasons and what was said and blah blah blah, but I never heard Favre say he wanted to play for division rivals like you said. I won't take what you think as truth. So that's a lie in my book as long until you can provide information that its not. Lets try to keep this conversation in the realm of reality shall we.

But I wont personally insult you to prove my point as you like to do. I'll thank you for proving my point, which is the Packers should release him.You claim bringing Favre back will throw the team off track, kill strategy, etc. You are making it seem as if bringing Favre back to the offense is going to destroy chemistry, set the team back and be an absolute horrible transition. Surely you'd know it could be a seamless transition to assimilate a 17 year veteran hall of famer to the team he's been with for years, to an offense he already knows. McCarthy hasn't changed his whole offense just for Rodgers, they've been tweaking it a bit to tailor it towards Rodgers strengths. But again you say they will have to "tear up all the game planning they've done during OTAs, not training camp, but OTAs.

Okay then, if you believe that, then all the more reason for the Packers to release Favre don't you think! Since, like you say, it would be disastrous to bring him back.

And I said if I were a Packer fan I would want Favre back. He can still play at a high level and YES the team IS better with him. But I'm not a Packer fan. I'm all for them releasing him even though I think they are better with him as their starting QB. I said in my previous post that bringing Brett back as a back up is a stupid idea.

Oh, And don't make a comparison of Steve Young and Arron Rodgers okay, just don't do that. You have your facts completely mixed up. Those are 2 completely different situations and surely you knew that. You said:

But everyone knew Young was already good. Young had received quite a bit of playing time before he took over for Montana. He started and played well for 10 games in '91, and started all 16 games in '92, becoming a Pro-bowler. It wasn't until before the '93 season that Montana was traded. Two different situations and a bad comparison on your part.

Its obvious you dislike Favre and probably always have, but you just want him to retire because the Packers don't want him back. I say let the man play if he wants to.

N.Y. Johnny
07-14-2008, 10:27 AM

Madden just lately has been walkin around with a massive hard on because Favre is coming back. Goodness, I will absolutley vomit the first "flexible" Sunday Night Game NBC rushes to get Favre back on. He will go on and on and on....:bang

Spuradicator
07-14-2008, 10:45 AM

:lol

It probably will

lefty
07-14-2008, 10:47 AM
Brette is the ultimate attention whore

monosylab1k
07-14-2008, 12:54 PM
If they didn't have Favre last year they would never have gotten to the NFC Championship Game.

But if they didn't have Favre in the NFC Championship Game, they probably would have been in the Super Bowl.

Funny how he can save & kill your team at the same time.

N.Y. Johnny
07-14-2008, 01:52 PM
Favre's career should be left at how it ended quite fittingly, ending on a INT against the Giants.

the way ESPN/NFL Network hug his nuts is disgusting. They got that Ahmad Rashad and Michael Jordan man love thing going. Ughhhh..Favre go away.

Obstructed_View
07-14-2008, 03:30 PM
I didn't start disliking Brett until he started putting himself above the team and trying to manipulate the situation into getting released so he could play somewhere else, which has been his intention all along. He dared them to cut him a few years ago. If that's not indication of his intentions to some people then nothing's ever going to convince them.

peewee's lovechild
07-14-2008, 04:18 PM
packers are dumb to not let him come back and start for them

So he can have a great season just so he can choke it up in the playoffs?

Aaron Rodgers could do that.

N.Y. Johnny
07-14-2008, 04:48 PM
This weekend Steve Mariucci's phone call with Favre said it all. He was hurt that Green Bay didn't "want" him back. He wanted to come back but the Packers had to be begging him to "want" him back. So he retires because he feels "unwanted". Its all about fucking drama with this man.

ducks
07-14-2008, 07:23 PM
Van Susteren—who is from Appleton, Wis., is a Packers shareholder and previously had interviewed Favre and his wife, Deanna—said Favre made it clear he would not return to the Packers if he wasn’t the starter. And while Favre said the Packers asked him for a list of teams to which he would accept a trade, he wants to be released to make sure he ends up on a competitive club.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AmD2MrTboiqiv4i711.WBmhDubYF?slug=ap-packers-favre&prov=ap&type=lgns

so giving the list of teams he would accept would be to hard for him
Brent quit being SELFISH They are asking for a list of teams you would play for
you can make sure they are competive
I know it is hard for you not to be in control
but quite acting like a two year old

NBA Junkie
07-14-2008, 08:00 PM
Two months from now, Favre will be the Packers starting QB on opening day.

The front office is gonna cave in the next three weeks.

Whisky Dog
07-14-2008, 10:52 PM
The FO should NOT release him and NOT trade him (unless a really good offer comes along from a non-division opponent), and make sure to inform Favre that if he reports to camp and plays he will be placed on the inactive list all season long and will never suit up for a game. That should hopefully keep his ass retired, and if he wants to push it then make that information pubic before the season so no one expects Favre to come in when Rodgers hits rough patches. IR his ass.

Favre should have waited to retire until right before training camp if he really didn't want to play. He dug his own grave.

monosylab1k
07-15-2008, 08:43 AM
The FO should NOT release him and NOT trade him (unless a really good offer comes along from a non-division opponent), and make sure to inform Favre that if he reports to camp and plays he will be placed on the inactive list all season long and will never suit up for a game. That should hopefully keep his ass retired, and if he wants to push it then make that information pubic before the season so no one expects Favre to come in when Rodgers hits rough patches. IR his ass.

Favre should have waited to retire until right before training camp if he really didn't want to play. He dug his own grave.

I really wish this would happen. Unfortunately, this is what will happen -

Two months from now, Favre will be the Packers starting QB on opening day.

The front office is gonna cave in the next three weeks.

Anti.Hero
07-15-2008, 11:34 AM
Favre is an idiot.

brettn
07-15-2008, 04:38 PM
Favre is my hero.

I don't care what any of you say!

jack sommerset
07-15-2008, 05:42 PM
Its leaning in Favres favor. GB is looking like the idiots now. As a fan I want Farve to decide where he goes. Personally I think every athlete in every sport should work where they want to.

FromWayDowntown
07-16-2008, 02:28 PM
Wake me when Favre actually bothers to apply for reinstatement. I'll be more inclined to believe that he's sincere when he's actually taken the necessary steps to play football again.

jack sommerset
07-16-2008, 03:26 PM
Wake me when Favre actually bothers to apply for reinstatement. I'll be more inclined to believe that he's sincere when he's actually taken the necessary steps to play football again.

I thought he never filled out the paper work to retire. I could be wrong but I think thats the first sign that no one believed him when he retired.

FromWayDowntown
07-16-2008, 03:42 PM
I thought he never filled out the paper work to retire. I could be wrong but I think thats the first sign that no one believed him when he retired.

This story says otherwise:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3491920

Favre has no definite plans to apply for reinstatement

If Brett Favre is really going to force a showdown with the Green Bay Packers, it won't happen right away, his agent told ESPN's Chris Mortensen.

"We have no definite plans to ask for reinstatement," Favre's agent, James "Bus" Cook, said of the former Packers quarterback, who has asked the team for his release. "Right now we have until the sixth week [of the regular season] and Brett has made it pretty clear that he is not willing to come in as a backup.

"If he asks for reinstatement and they start fining him $15,000 a day [for not reporting to training camp], well that just doesn't make sense," Cook said.

"We're going to let Green Bay decide what they want to do. It's their move."

Packers GM Ted Thompson has said the Packers do not plan to grant Favre, who announced his retirement in March, his release. And while Thompson said Favre could return to the Packers if he applies to the league for reinstatement, it would be "in a different role than he was" because the team has committed to backup Aaron Rodgers as its quarterback of the future.

jack sommerset
07-16-2008, 05:09 PM
Thanks. More drama I suppose.

peewee's lovechild
07-16-2008, 05:16 PM
Favre needs to stop this bullshit.

He's looking like a real douche right now.

Obstructed_View
07-16-2008, 06:12 PM
Personally I think every athlete in every sport should work where they want to.

As a Cowboys fan I'd like that too, because 60 percent of the players in the NFL would be in Dallas, and they'd never lose another meaningful game.'

As a Spurs fan, however...

Spurtacus
07-16-2008, 09:26 PM
Is Favre trying to compete with Ron Artest?

ducks
07-17-2008, 12:00 AM
A movement to rally fan support for Favre has fizzled so far. A rally in Green Bay drew fewer than 200 fans Sunday, and Monday’s rally in the Milwaukee suburbs drew only 30 despite widespread local media attention. http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=Au71IwG5FBK8p3_OdbfMXnwdsLYF?slug=ap-packers-favre&prov=ap&type=lgns

Spuradicator
07-17-2008, 04:43 PM
Just release Favre already so we can watch some real football news as training camps are approaching.

N.Y. Johnny
07-17-2008, 07:34 PM
Im in real awe how much the national media hangs on this guys balls.
I'm sitting in the car listening to the satellite radio and Fox Sports, the guys are pretty much saying how much Aaron Rodgers is fucked and has to give the "whatever gives the team the best chance to win" line and take a backseat. "learn from the great Favre" "best chance" "mentored by a hall of famer" "best chance to win, best QB"

WOW. ESPN is the worst as they're wiping Favre jizz off their faces when they talk about this guy. I really never thought I'd say it, but if he does come back I hope someone snaps his leg like Joe Theismann, enough already!!!
This guy is absolutely the worst attention whore in sports history and the sports media encourages it and rides him. T.O. does something minor and they'll crucify him :wtf

Obstructed_View
07-18-2008, 12:27 AM
if aaron rodgers was any good he'd have taken some PT away from favre or else would be starting for another team

Yeah, it has nothing to do with the fact that Brett started every game for the last sixteen years. :lol

ducks
07-18-2008, 01:41 PM
if aaron rodgers was any good he'd have taken some PT away from favre or else would be starting for another team

do you thnk favre would let arron play
no he hates being the backup
he has to act like a iron man and never miss a game

Flo-Rida
07-18-2008, 03:50 PM
They should just let farve go. He is not going to stick around in his last remaning years to be a fucking Second String QB.

monosylab1k
07-18-2008, 03:51 PM
do you thnk favre would let arron play
no he hates being the backup
he has to act like a iron man and never miss a game

i don't think you understand proper haiku format. 5-7-5

johnsmith
07-18-2008, 04:42 PM
i don't think you understand proper haiku format. 5-7-5

:lmao:lmao:lmao

ducks
07-18-2008, 04:51 PM
:lmao:lmao:lmao

:sleep:sleep

ducks
07-18-2008, 06:07 PM
maybe he is good and they want to keep him because favre keeps telling them he was going to quite

~~Ice Man 2000~~
07-19-2008, 07:14 PM
You have to respect the Packers for this.

Obstructed_View
07-19-2008, 10:19 PM
If Rodgers was good

He'd be playing already

Green Bay or elsewhere

He's under contract with the Packers. I don't think they'd allow him to play for anyone else. For evidence of that, do a Google search for "Brett Favre seeks release from Packers". :rolleyes

ducks
07-23-2008, 09:56 AM
Report: Favre called Minnesota coaches
11 hours, 28 minutes ago

Buzz Up PrintMILWAUKEE (Ticker) - Brett Favre knows how to call an audible. A phone call could be another matter.

Favre made “repeated” calls to a pair of Minnesota Vikings coaches using a cell phone issued by the Green Bay Packers, according to a story in Tuesday’s Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.

Citing sources, the newspaper reported that the nine-time Pro Bowl quarterback made numerous calls to both Vikings coach Brad Childress and offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell.

Green Bay officials learned of the phone calls by checking the phone records, according to the Journal Sentinel.

The revelation comes a week after the Packers filed tampering charges against the Vikings for inappropriate dialogue with Favre, who announced his retirement in March but asked Green Bay to reinstate him earlier this month.

Minnesota officials declined to comment on the tampering charges last week, releasing a brief statement that such matters are handled by the league.

Bevell, who served as the quarterbacks coach for the Packers from 2003-05, remains close with Favre so the thinking goes that even a heavy volume of phone calls between the two might not constitute tampering.

However, if the three-time Most Valuable Player was making calls to Childress, particularly before Favre asked the Packers to release him so he could play for another team, Green Bay’s case would be considerably strengthened.

The Journal Sentinel also reported that the Baltimore Ravens turned down a trade proposal for Favre, who was told by the Packers he could return in a backup role.

Meanwhile, the NFL Network reported that Green Bay is sending out feelers to assess Favre’s value on the trade market.

The Packers have spoken to teams in both conferences about a potential deal, according to the report.

jack sommerset
07-23-2008, 10:22 AM
GB is looking like fools. They saw the number to Minnesota on the cell phone they paid for meaning they actually pulled the records to see who he is talking to then filed tampering charges with the league. The guy makes 12 mil a year, spent 17 years with the team and they are resorting to spying on his phone records when they said thy don't even want him. Sorry folks thats not proof for tampering and certainly not the sign of a work place anyone would want to work for.

Trainwreck2100
07-24-2008, 01:47 AM
GB is looking like fools. They saw the number to Minnesota on the cell phone they paid for meaning they actually pulled the records to see who he is talking to then filed tampering charges with the league. The guy makes 12 mil a year, spent 17 years with the team and they are resorting to spying on his phone records when they said thy don't even want him. Sorry folks thats not proof for tampering and certainly not the sign of a work place anyone would want to work for.

the guy makes 12 mil a year and doesn't have hi$ own phone.

Spurtacus
07-24-2008, 01:49 AM
I haven't turned Sportscenter on for a week now. I'm in fear of being exposed to more of the Favre soap opera.

samikeyp
08-06-2008, 08:35 AM
Favre playing football in the Bay this season.

Tampa Bay. :)

Bump....because I told ya so :)

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/26326814.html?location_refer=Homepage:highlightMod ules:2

lefty
08-06-2008, 11:09 AM
I respect how the Packers coach has managed the Brett Favre situation.

Thumbs up

bostonguy
08-06-2008, 11:20 AM
Ummm Favre is still a Packer despite what a Minny paper says. Even espn and other sites arent reporting this deal is that close. It is nothing but bullshit until other sources give confirmation. In other words...jack shit has happened yet.

samikeyp
08-07-2008, 04:40 AM
Yes and by Tampa I meant New York!

:depressed

:lmao :lmao

Thunder Dan
08-07-2008, 08:46 AM
Favre won't play tonight because he is worried about Brady Quinn showing him up