PDA

View Full Version : Hidden Star? George Hill before the Draft

Tully365
07-12-2008, 02:46 AM
I've been searching around different sites for info on George Hill, and found a few that were very interesting. The first is from a website by Ken Pomeroy, a statistician, and an author of Basketball Prospectus. Before the draft, Pomeroy's statistical method declared Hill the best offensive player in all of college basketball, using a formula that is slightly less comprehensible to me than the defensive scheme of the Denver Nuggets and the popularity of David Hasselhoff, which supposedly takes into account team pace, strength of opponent, and a million or so other factors. I'm just putting it out there. I'll let you do your own research if you are so inclined. The second site is an article from Basketball Prospectus, and the third is from SI.com. All were from before the draft.

http://www.kenpom.com/leaders.php?c=ORtg

2008 National Leaders: Offensive Rating

At least 28% of possessions used
1 George Hill, IUPUI 125.4 (28.8) 6-2 180 Jr
2 Stephen Curry, Davidson 121.2 (31.8) 6-2 185 So
3 Ryan Anderson, California 121.1 (28.4) 6-10 235 So
4 Kyle Landry, Northern Arizona 120.4 (30.3) 6-9 205 Sr
5 Michael Beasley, Kansas St. 119.8 (33.5) 6-9 235 Fr
6 Arizona Reid, High Point 118.3 (31.8) 6-5 205 Sr
7 Reggie Williams, Virginia Military Inst 117.4 (30.9) 6-6 195 Sr
8 Bo McCalebb, New Orleans 117.0 (32.5) 6-0 180 Sr
9 Courtney Lee, Western Kentucky 116.9 (30.5) 6-5 200 Sr
10 Lester Hudson, Tennessee Martin 116.2 (32.4) 6-3 190 Jr

http://basketballprospectus.com/article.php?articleid=209

I've been remiss in saluting IUPUI guard George Hill's performance this season. Hill was awesome in 2006, then effectively missed all of last season after breaking his foot, then was awesome again this season as a redshirt junior. IUPUI leads the land in eFG%, and Hill himself is making 59% of his twos and 46% of his threes. He's also made 83% of his 215 free throw attempts. Most impressively, he's 6'2" and his team's best defensive rebounder. It will be worth your while to check out the Summit finale to see what Hill can do.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/basketball/ncaa/06/10/bp.prospects/index.html

George Hill (6-2 Jr., PG, IUPUI): Undersized combo guards can be giant killers in the NCAA tournament but on draft day they're a dime a dozen. Hill's standout trait is his ability to create. He used 28.8 of his team's possessions and shot 58 percent on two-pointers and 45 percent from beyond the arc. In other words, Hill can flat stroke it. Beyond that, however, Hill had one of the 100 best-foul drawing rates in the country last season. Add it all up and Hill had the highest offensive rating in the nation among high-usage players. His playmaking abilities are in question, as is the caliber of competition he faced at IUPUI, but Hill turned heads in Orlando last week and will likely be a second-round pick.

Sense
07-12-2008, 03:06 AM
He was the go to guy at his school and he had some of the highest percentages in the country.... I think that had to be a factor on this

Spurtacus
07-12-2008, 03:10 AM
He will be playing the point and going up against NBA competition. I'm optimistic, but not thinking "star" anytime soon.

Mr. Body
07-12-2008, 04:10 AM
His playmaking abilities are in question, as is the caliber of competition he faced at IUPUI, but Hill turned heads in Orlando last week and will likely be a second-round pick.

John_C
07-12-2008, 04:14 AM
I think the offensive mentality of George Hill may serve him well in the NBA. He wants to beat guys through his offense yet without having to be careless and in the shot selections he takes.

There are other scorers out there who just seems to take so many shots to the detriment of all around team game.

SenorSpur
07-12-2008, 07:25 AM
Lot of heart and desire. Fearless on both ends. The anti-Beno.

Very capable scorer. The anti-Vaughn.

He could be just the remedy we've been looking for at the PG position.

wildbill2u
07-12-2008, 07:35 AM
God, let the Spurs FO find another hidden gem in the draft before the Big 3 leave and I swear I'll give up all my vices....well, not that one...and certainly not THAT one, but I will make you a list as soon as I can think of them.

SenorSpur
07-12-2008, 08:26 AM
God, let the Spurs FO find another hidden gem in the draft before the Big 3 leave and I swear I'll give up all my vices....well, not that one...and certainly not THAT one, but I will make you a list as soon as I can think of them.

:lol

Gotta save yourself a few.

Sissiborgo
07-12-2008, 08:37 AM
I think he will be good

BacktoBasics
07-12-2008, 09:15 AM
In any event I doubt we'll know if this guy can actually develop into a reliable player until his third season. At least thats when I started to feel comfortable with Tony and Manu and no I'm not saying he'll end up being that good.

I'm happy if the team can put him on the court without him being a liability like Vaughn, Horry or Finley.

exstatic
07-12-2008, 09:47 AM
In any event I doubt we'll know if this guy can actually develop into a reliable player until his third season. At least thats when I started to feel comfortable with Tony and Manu and no I'm not saying he'll end up being that good.

I'm happy if the team can put him on the court without him being a liability like Vaughn, Horry or Finley.

It took you three years (and two championships) to be comfortable with Manu? Your standards might be a bit high. I was sold his rookie playoffs against LA.

BacktoBasics
07-12-2008, 10:04 AM
Well a guy having talent is one thing. I felt good about Manu thats for sure but guys come and go in this league and you really don't know if you have a solid reliable everyday contributor until they can do it for at least two years....sometimes more. The average life expectancy in the NBA is what 2.5 maybe 3 years?

SAGambler
07-12-2008, 11:24 AM

I've always felt with Vaughn on the court, we are playing 4 on 5 on offense. Any leads seem to slip away, or we dig a bigger hole, when Vaughn is giving TP a rest.

Now if Hill can in fact be a scoring threat, and can relegate Vaughn to 3rd PG off the bench for clean up time, I think that alone will be a tremendous help to our offense.

I know Vaughn gives it his all when he is in, but his all just isn't good enough. When teams leave him wide open and dare him to shoot, they must believe he isn't going to hit one very often.

King K
07-12-2008, 11:29 AM
Hill is next TP!!

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-12-2008, 11:48 AM

Mason Jr.
Hill
Hairston
Gist
Mahinmi

Pop's going to be experimenting to see what he's got probably until calendar year 2009. I think we'll know somewhere around December or January what we've got out of our new guys.

ShoogarBear
07-12-2008, 12:18 PM
My biggest worry is that the guy might not ever be an NBA PG. THe only reason we're calling him a PG is because he's "too small" to be a SG. Point guards are born, not made.

Mr. Body
07-12-2008, 12:19 PM
My biggest worry is that the guy might not ever be a NBA PG. THe only reason we're calling him a PG is because he's "too small" to be a SG. Point guards are born, not made.

Yes. Calling him a PG is sheer optimism at this point. He got a lot of assists at his tiny school because he was considerably better than everyone else.

picnroll
07-12-2008, 12:22 PM
Spurs have picked up to guys (if Hairston makes it) who have pretty good ballhandling skills. Hairston took over PG duties when Ty Lawson went out for the pre-draft camp and did a creditable job. Spurs may not have a pure PG but then again they haven't had one for years. Hopefully these guys can get the ball up the floor unlike Beno.

spurman20
07-12-2008, 12:47 PM
He wasnt drafted to be a point ....he was drafted to give mins at both spots if needed and allow us to match up with C Paul......and Some of the pgs out west. He will also allow Manu to not have to play point with second team. Lots of good NBA a player we not considered pure pgs........Look at Terry Potter he played C in college. Look at Jordan Farmar who is similar to George Hill.....he has been great off the bench for LA.......

ChumpDumper
07-12-2008, 12:49 PM
He was completely drafted to be a point guard. He might play a little with Tony, but no more than Beno or Jacque did.

spurman20
07-12-2008, 12:55 PM
He was completely drafted to be a point guard. He might play a little with Tony, but no more than Beno or Jacque did.

I think he will play with Tony when we play teams that go small alot.The guy is a scorer and he is long. Doesnt really matter he is 6-2 he has a 6-9 wingspan which makes up for his lack of ht. We dont run a true point anyway we have a motion set and a high low set so all we need is someone to get the ball past half court without having it stolen.

CaptainLate
07-12-2008, 12:57 PM
Yes. Calling him a PG is sheer optimism at this point. He got a lot of assists at his tiny school because he was considerably better than everyone else.

He was good enough to be recruited by Florida...but he chose family over status. Sounds like a guy with a head on his shoulders (and a chip, too, so much so that he wants to prove his doubters wrong.

Tully365
07-12-2008, 02:51 PM
Does anyone know of a team that looked at Chalmers and Hill together? I remember reading somewhere last week that Hill had outplayed him when they were matched up in a pre draft workout...can't remember where...

angelbelow
07-12-2008, 03:06 PM
im not a fan of espn, but this is interesting to see http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/rookies/rankings?season=2009&playerRankingType=1&period=1&set=2

timvp
07-12-2008, 03:27 PM
Does anyone know of a team that looked at Chalmers and Hill together?That one team in South Texas. The Sparrows or something like that.

:smokin

Tully365
07-12-2008, 04:32 PM
That one team in South Texas. The Sparrows or something like that.

:smokin

They were literally on the floor at the same time and actually going one-on-one? Or 3 on 3, or 5 on 5? Is there a story or link?

Is smokin' smilie a close relative of smug smilie?

oligarchy
07-12-2008, 04:44 PM
They were literally on the floor at the same time and actually going one-on-one? Or 3 on 3, or 5 on 5? Is there a story or link?

It's in Hill's interview on Spurs.com. He went against Chalmers and Taylor as far as PGs, and there were others such as Jawai and Greene.

mrspurs
07-12-2008, 04:52 PM
lets just see if he can find his way around SA (dognut locations), before we give this rook any kind of ups or downs.....

ShoogarBear
07-12-2008, 04:59 PM
Dognuts? Ewww.

Tully365
07-12-2008, 05:15 PM
It's in Hill's interview on Spurs.com. He went against Chalmers and Taylor as far as PGs, and there were others such as Jawai and Greene.

Thanks for the info.

Tully365
07-12-2008, 08:08 PM

I checked out the site, but it didn't give much info. I guess I'm just wondering if anyone had any specific info as to what the Spurs saw in Hill to make them pass over Chalmers.

spurman20
07-12-2008, 08:20 PM
I checked out the site, but it didn't give much info. I guess I'm just wondering if anyone had any specific info as to what the Spurs saw in Hill to make them pass over Chalmers.

Most of the time when player work out for a team they will bring in Bigs and Wing players they think can test the others weakness. The Spurs worked out Hill, Taylor and Chalmers together most of the time to keep other teams from keying on the player they want so its alot of smoke screens given. From what I have heard they think Hill is a better scorer then Chalmers and believe he is a better leader. He interviewed better and the spurs like his maturity. I also believe the fact that hill was keyed on as the only good player on his team and the fact Chalmers had several other nba players on his team was also taken into account. Watching tape I dont see much separation but I did like Chalmers as well.

Tully365
07-12-2008, 08:58 PM
Most of the time when player work out for a team they will bring in Bigs and Wing players they think can test the others weakness. The Spurs worked out Hill, Taylor and Chalmers together most of the time to keep other teams from keying on the player they want so its alot of smoke screens given. From what I have heard they think Hill is a better scorer then Chalmers and believe he is a better leader. He interviewed better and the spurs like his maturity. I also believe the fact that hill was keyed on as the only good player on his team and the fact Chalmers had several other nba players on his team was also taken into account. Watching tape I dont see much separation but I did like Chalmers as well.

On youtube there are lots of videos of pre draft workouts done by the Trailblazers, where guys were generally worked out alone, 1-on-1, and 3-on-3, but never 5-on-5. I was just wondering how the Spurs conducted their workouts. The idea that the PG of the national champs helped to serve at least partially as a smokescreen for the PG of IUPUI is a great story, don't you think? It would have been fascinating to be in the head of Mario Chalmers if after 45 minutes he realized that he was actually being outplayed by Hill, and again on draft night when Hill was picked ahead of him. Hopefully, at some time in the future, Chalmers, Hill, or the Spurs will talk about it in greater detail.

SRJ
07-12-2008, 09:04 PM
THe only reason we're calling him a PG is because he's "too small" to be a SG. Point guards are born, not made.

True enough if you're thinking "pure" point guard, a la John Stockton, Maurice Cheeks, Mark Jackson, etc. But he could be a score-first PG a la Chauncey Billups or Terry Porter. You can develop guys into score-first PGs IMO. In any event he'll be playing plenty of two in small lineups.

spurman20
07-12-2008, 09:11 PM
On youtube there are lots of videos of pre draft workouts done by the Trailblazers, where guys were generally worked out alone, 1-on-1, and 3-on-3, but never 5-on-5. I was just wondering how the Spurs conducted their workouts. The idea that the PG of the national champs helped to serve at least partially as a smokescreen for the PG of IUPUI is a great story, don't you think? It would have been fascinating to be in the head of Mario Chalmers if after 45 minutes he realized that he was actually being outplayed by Hill, and again on draft night when Hill was picked ahead of him. Hopefully, at some time in the future, Chalmers, Hill, or the Spurs will talk about it in greater detail.

True work outs are almost never 5 on 5 and the spurs are very secretive about who the workout and when. Most of the time they just wanna get a look at how a big and a pg will react to each other. From my understanding Hill worked Chalmers over in a workout so much so that other teams that wanted to have the two work out against each other we refuse by Chalmers reps. And Taylor was run off the floor. From what I have heard the Spurs only worked out about 10 players this year and only 5 of those were drafted. So guys I had never heard of and dont look like NBA guys at all. I know they were concerned with LA Lakers trading up a pick or two above us to get Hill who La really wanted, thats why the story came out about Pops and Buford screaming after houston picked Batum. They were worried LA and Houston had a deal to draft Hill.

Samr
07-12-2008, 09:33 PM
Hopefully these guys can get the ball up the floor unlike Beno.

There's a time to work and a time to party, but when one affects the other it is time to pick one or the other. You can't be a great professional if your partying interferes with your job, and you can't go balls-to-the-wall every night if your job makes you wake up at 6:30 in the morning.

Everyone has given Beno a lot of crap for his party mentality and I think at least some of that is an exaggeration of what he does in his free time, but the fact that he is still known as a party guy hints at a deeper issue: Beno lacked the perspective that comes with experience, so he considered one to lifestyle to be an affect of the other.

While there may be some physical progression toward getting younger, the Spurs will ALWAYS be an old team in the mental sense. Parker is still young, but he carries himself, at least on the court, like a mature and seasoned professional. Udoka, same thing. Same with Mahinmi (at least from what I can tell) as well.

The Spurs are an old team, and judging by the comments these draft picks have made, they will still be in the future. The fact that Hill already speaks about the team like co-workers shows he at least has the adult perspective Popovich looks for. Hill was a good hire, and from what it sounds like, Gist and Hairiston will be as well.

Tully365
07-12-2008, 10:09 PM
True enough if you're thinking "pure" point guard, a la John Stockton, Maurice Cheeks, Mark Jackson, etc. But he could be a score-first PG a la Chauncey Billups or Terry Porter. You can develop guys into score-first PGs IMO. In any event he'll be playing plenty of two in small lineups.

Interesting. With the emergence of Chris Paul it seems that many people are again talking about the "necessity" of having a pure PG. The problem with this philosophy is that the best pure point guards haven't won any championships in a long time. Billups is about the closest in recent times, but Kidd, Nash, TJ Ford, Stockton, etc., have not-- and it's not like they haven't had talent around them. Big men, small forwards, and shooting or combo guards have been the pieces in the past twenty years most responsible for titles, while pass first PGs have become more rare.

The Spurs don't have an 8-10 assist per game kind of player, but Duncan, Ginobili, and Oberto are all good passers while Parker's strength is penetrating and scoring in the lane-- his assist numbers aren't terrible-- but he is not a traditional pass first PG at all.

We'll see if this trend changes in the next few years with Calderon, Deron Williams, and Paul... especially since Mayo and Rose will be challenging them now too.

jimo2305
07-12-2008, 10:15 PM
i dunno man.. my whole take is.. if G. Hill is as good as we're makin' him out to be.. why wasn't he selected before we got a chance at him.. it's not as if he was overseas or anything and ppl just overlooked him.. G. Hill may be good.."MAY BE" but chalmers is proven.. and so far so good from the summerleague games.. i swear i broke something when i saw us draft Hill.. "who da hell is dat??" reminds me of last year when we picked marcus williams.. "wtf?"

Marcus Bryant
07-12-2008, 10:49 PM
i dunno man.. my whole take is.. if G. Hill is as good as we're makin' him out to be.. why wasn't he selected before we got a chance at him.. it's not as if he was overseas or anything and ppl just overlooked him.. G. Hill may be good.."MAY BE" but chalmers is proven.. and so far so good from the summerleague games.. i swear i broke something when i saw us draft Hill.. "who da hell is dat??" reminds me of last year when we picked marcus williams.. "wtf?"

http://images.askmen.com/specials/2007_top_49/men/tony_parker.jpg

tlongII
07-12-2008, 10:55 PM
http://images.askmen.com/specials/2007_top_49/men/tony_parker.jpg

You did read his post didn't you?

Tully365
07-12-2008, 10:57 PM
Hard to say. If the Spurs took Chalmers and he didn't work out, the critics would say he was another Kansas guard who got hype by being on a good college team, like Jacques Vaughn...
The draft is like poker-- no one can expect to win every time: but you look at the odds, you guess what others will do, etc. If the Spurs actually saw Chalmers and Hill go against one another in a private workout and clearly saw Hill outplay him, it's hard to criticize their choice.... what are you going to believe, an event you actually see unfolding before your eyes, or the trendiest media hype?

Chalmers has played well in the summer league, and soon it will be Hill's turn.

picnroll
07-12-2008, 10:58 PM
Buford made it pretty cloear they had targeted Hill, were concerned when he showed so well in Orlando in the pre-draft camp that other teams would get interested. Buford said they hadn't had a player since Parker they'd targeted like Hill and it had worked out so well that he dropped to them. Obviously they'd had him in their sights for some time. Last time they were as excited about getting a player that player won a finals MVP eventually. But then what does the Spurs brass, Pop, RC, know. Afterall Mr Body thinks he was a reach, would have been there in round two and that much better talent was available.

Marcus Bryant
07-12-2008, 11:00 PM
You did read his post didn't you?

Yes I did. Obviously you did not. Go find a fan forum for your shitty team already.

FromWayDowntown
07-12-2008, 11:04 PM
Dognuts? Ewww.

My dog Barkley seems to dig them.

Holt's Cat
07-12-2008, 11:11 PM
My dog Barkley seems to dig them.

I like to cut them out.

http://image.blingee.com/images14/content/output/2007/10/21/247028376_afaedecb.gif

Booharv
07-13-2008, 12:05 AM
Yes I did. Obviously you did not. Go find a fan forum for your shitty team already.

Actually that picture post response you gave was awful because his post was about how so many teams could miss an American player. He actually said "it's not like he was overseas or something."

picnroll
07-13-2008, 12:08 AM
Actually that picture post response you gave was awful because his post was about how so many teams could miss an American player. He actually said "it's not like he was overseas or something."

He was in a division 2 school which is why Buford pointed out he likely didn't draw attention. Just like some fool on thiws board and some NBA scouts apparently can't recognize talent even when they play at a lower level of competiton whether it's a division school tema or Paris Racing.

Booharv
07-13-2008, 12:16 AM
He was in a division 2 school which is why Buford pointed out he likely didn't draw attention. Just like some fool on thiws board and some NBA scouts apparently can't recognize talent even when they play at a lower level of competiton whether it's a division school tema or Paris Racing.

I don't really have an opinion, just thought Bryant's picture response was bizarre.

Marcus Bryant
07-13-2008, 11:18 AM
A large number of teams passed on Tony Parker in the 1st round of the '01 draft. I guess the obvious is "bizarre" these days.

The Truth #6
07-13-2008, 11:30 AM
When does the Spurs Summer League games begin?

MaNu4Tres
07-13-2008, 12:51 PM
Tomorrow

duncan228
07-13-2008, 12:55 PM
When does the Spurs Summer League games begin?

BTW, the whole schedule of Spurs SL is the following (San Antonio time ):

July 14th, 9:30pm : Grizzlies (VSL)
July 15th, 7:30pm : Hornets (VSL)
July 16th, 3:00pm : Knicks (VSL)
July 17th, 7:30pm : Suns (VSL)
July 18th, 8:00pm : Jazz (RMR)
July 19th, 5:30pm : D-League all stars (RMR)
July 21st, 1:00pm : Mavs (RMR)
July 22th, 3:15pm : Hawks (RMR)

ShoogarBear
07-13-2008, 01:02 PM
Looks similar to the WCF schedule.

coopdogg3
07-13-2008, 01:07 PM

If Chalmers was so good, why wasn't he selected before? You can't ask that question about George Hill and then bring up Chalmers.

Marco
07-13-2008, 02:34 PM
Exactly.

timvp
07-13-2008, 02:38 PM
Looks similar to the WCF schedule.I wonder what the Vegas odds are for the plane being delayed on the trip to Salt Lake City.

jayc23
07-13-2008, 04:38 PM

Hill has always played above his size, his wingspan, his leaping ability, his overall body control, he has the ability to score in the paint against trees and not just pull up short and float, but take it to them and score in there face.. he obviously hasn't faced the concentration of NBA bigs and athletes hes about to face but hes played plenty of all americans, lottery picks... my biggest question is the transition of catch and shooting over some of the 6'8-6'10 shooting guards in the NBA, I am highly confident in his slashing and creation ability... hes a lights out accuracy marksman, but his greatest challenge if he goes into a small SG role he will have to adjust getting his shots.

jayc23
07-13-2008, 04:43 PM

ummm.... IUPUI is not a division 2 school, they blew out UCONN and Hill scored like 24 points in the second half... UCONN was top seed in NIT and IUPUI didn't even get selected with a better record than every team.. They also lost in a close game with marquette, and has had BIG 10 teams etc on their schedule the year before... they are NOT a D2 team.

GrandeDavid
07-13-2008, 05:30 PM

No, smokin' smilie is a close relative of choad smilie. In fact, they belong together and choad comes first.

jimo2305
07-13-2008, 07:54 PM
thx for the responses to my previous comment about hill guys.. well those responses that made sense rather..

don't get me wrong i hope hill definitely pans out.. but as stupid as it sounds.. id rather us take a chance on chalmers or CDR than hope for the success of somebody nobody has heard of.. (not literally of course.. i know hill isn't a NOBODY)

i like the argument about how parker was available to us as pick #28.. heck.. one can make the same case about manu at #56 and even kobe at #13.. u never know how these players are gonna pan out.. and i bet you.. whoever picked parker didnt think he was gonna be THIS good.. the scouts just do their jobs.. they scout talent and recommend them.. they're not always right.. sometimes they're usually more wrongs than rights.. that bein' said.. we lucked out with parker's success and pop's patience with him..

i also like the argument about if chalmers was so good.. how come he wasnt picked early.. i asked myself that question too.. what i think about that really is.. this year's draft was pretty deep when it came to talent and potential.. there were a bunch of winners even in the 2nd round.. these players do have the hype that's coming with 'em into the draft, yet they're yet to perform against nba talent on an almost daily basis.. there's almost no telling how they'd pan out.. alot of ppl thought lebron was gonna be good.. but at this rate and not this fast.. everyone also thought olowokandi was gonna be the worthwhile as the #1 pick to acompany KG and gave 2 shts about some guy named vince carter.. you just never know..
so why teams skipped on chalmers.. i dunno.. maybe they were jus trying to fill a void or that there were just too many prominent guards in this draft and chalmers just got a short end of the stick.. but ive seen his game.. i think he's got what it takes.. but theres a reason why they're scouts and im just another spurs fan ;)

i guess that may answer my question alittle bit about why hill slipped to us also.. but i hope we're not all putting our eggs in one basket and basing our opinion about hill vs chalmers on some predraft workout.. these guys have had their basketball careers to prove themselves.. and hill's competition vs. chalmer's.. arent' exactly of the same caliber

spurman20
07-13-2008, 07:58 PM
Hill has always played above his size, his wingspan, his leaping ability, his overall body control, he has the ability to score in the paint against trees and not just pull up short and float, but take it to them and score in there face.. he obviously hasn't faced the concentration of NBA bigs and athletes hes about to face but hes played plenty of all americans, lottery picks... my biggest question is the transition of catch and shooting over some of the 6'8-6'10 shooting guards in the NBA, I am highly confident in his slashing and creation ability... hes a lights out accuracy marksman, but his greatest challenge if he goes into a small SG role he will have to adjust getting his shots.

Not many 6-8--6-10 sg in the NBA and the ones that are are normally very poor defenders. He has a quick release and shoots with a high arch so it wont be much of a problem.

Booharv
07-17-2008, 10:29 PM
A large number of teams passed on Tony Parker in the 1st round of the '01 draft. I guess the obvious is "bizarre" these days.

Dude, seriously read some posts--It'll help you out. Thanks.

Tully365
11-12-2008, 02:34 AM
How long before the naysayers admit they were wrong?

Obstructed_View
11-12-2008, 02:42 AM
How long before the naysayers admit they were wrong?

It'll take more than two games. Most of the naysayers dug into the position long before there were enough facts to form a conclusion. I suspect that they'll gleefully point out when Hill makes a mistake or will post up when Chris Douglas Roberts or Mario Chalmers has a good statistical performance. Expect to see all of those for a while.

HarlemHeat37
11-12-2008, 02:47 AM
that's the thing I hate the most..

Hill could have 2 weeks of good games in a row, but when he has 1 bad one, they'll all come out..

Danny.Zhu
06-23-2011, 08:30 PM
thank you hill will always remember how you got in kobes face

That one was really good.

NRHector
06-23-2011, 08:42 PM
I hope he comes back with the Spurs in the future and retire as a Spurs

Cant_Be_Faded
06-23-2011, 08:51 PM
Gonna miss him. He could have been the chosen one.

But it's all in the game.

Landon Donofag
06-23-2011, 08:51 PM
When is the "Kawhi Leonard Hidden Star" thread going up? :lmao