PDA

View Full Version : Where can i buy some pepper spray?

ashbeeigh
07-12-2008, 10:32 AM
Serious question....

We recieved a grant at my job and to get all programs implemented (GED classes, literacy, money management, voter registration, etc.) we have to get surveys answered by the community. The community isn't that safe. (Zarzamora/Guadalupe/Laredo/kinda shady area). The first step in getting the programs all started is surveying the community (i.e. knocking on their doors and asking what they want) So that's what I'm doing.... I usually choose to think I'm generally safe as I'm driving so I don't worry driving but those of you that have met me/seen a picture know that someone from a neighborhood in that area would know I usually don't belong there...but I'm just trying to help them! So, as I'm starting this I'm planning on getting some pepper spray just in case some shit goes down...but where in the world do I get some pepper spray? i have no idea.

exstatic
07-12-2008, 10:41 AM
Pepper spray will only make them mad. Strap up.

mrsmaalox
07-12-2008, 10:44 AM
Pepper spray will only make them mad. Strap up.

I've bought some at Academy.

ToughActinTinactin
07-12-2008, 10:46 AM
Academy may have it but I'm not sure if it is the strength you need. There are plenty of cheap imitations out there. Ever thought of a stun gun?

ashbeeigh
07-12-2008, 11:13 AM
I've bought some at Academy.

Why thank you ma'am!

Ever thought of a stun gun?

I don't know if I feel good carrying one of those. If I can't use it on myself, safely, I'm not going to use it on someone else.

remingtonbo2001
07-12-2008, 11:24 AM
Buy a can of snuff, preferably Copenhagen.

If anyone gives you trouble, go ahead and throw a bit in their eyes.

That should give a pretty good burn.

Johnny_Blaze_47
07-12-2008, 11:48 AM
I don't know if I feel good carrying one of those. If I can't use it on myself, safely, I'm not going to use it on someone else.

Wait, what?

http://www.hulu.com/watch/21825/the-simpsons-pepper-spray-pancakes

sabar
07-12-2008, 11:57 AM
http://www.pepper-spray-store.com/

Look at all the motivational pictures and quotes!

CuckingFunt
07-12-2008, 12:06 PM
Wait, what?

One spray and you're south of the border! Mmmmmmmmmmm... incapacitating.

ashbeeigh
07-12-2008, 12:08 PM
Wait, what?

:lol I don't watch the Simpsons that often but that was funny.

David Wooderson
07-12-2008, 12:41 PM
You're better off with the desert eagle.

http://img344.imageshack.us/img344/4721/uhcdesertsii3.jpg

Condemned 2 HelLA
07-12-2008, 01:08 PM
Wait, what?

I was thinking the same thing.

Condemned 2 HelLA
07-12-2008, 01:10 PM
http://www.pepper-spray-store.com/

Look at all the motivational pictures and quotes!

I'm just waiting for the impending "Man attacks pit bull with pepper spray" thread.

marini martini
07-12-2008, 01:52 PM
Buy a can of snuff, preferably Copenhagen.

If anyone gives you trouble, go ahead and throw a bit in their eyes.

That should give a pretty good burn.

:lmao:lmao:lmao

I thought you were gonna say, spit it in their eye.

DannyT
07-12-2008, 03:24 PM
ask heath...he has some that comes in a lipstick container that I was planning on getting the wifey...if not I would recommend getting one of those blades he has for sell in the other thread...small and sharp...good luck...and remember the first part of being safe is not showing that you are scared...dont let them smell your fear

mrsmaalox
07-13-2008, 02:28 AM
Academy may have it but I'm not sure if it is the strength you need. There are plenty of cheap imitations out there. Ever thought of a stun gun?

But if you use a stun gun, don't you have to be close enough to actually touch the person? That's too scary.

GEICO Caveman
07-13-2008, 02:50 AM

I agree with this dude. Tazer and pepper spray won't do much, but this big gun will make 'em think twice!

Kori Ellis
07-13-2008, 03:14 AM
But if you use a stun gun, don't you have to be close enough to actually touch the person? That's too scary.

If she's knocking on doors and surveying people, I'd imagine she'd be pretty close to them. :lol

I usually choose to think I'm generally safe as I'm driving so I don't worry driving but those of you that have met me/seen a picture know that someone from a neighborhood in that area would know I usually don't belong there...but I'm just trying to help them!

I found this part of the original post very funny. Ashbeeigh tried hard to dance around saying, "Since I'm white, I don't really belong there..."

If pepper spray (or a stun gun or whatever) makes you feel safer, then by all means carry it. I just found it kind of odd that you want to help people but are scared to go into their neighborhood.

I used to coach inner city basketball in South Central L.A. back in the day where the players had to leave their guns in bins at the door :lol but I wasn't scared to go there because I was white.

Nbadan
07-13-2008, 03:31 AM
If pepper spray (or a stun gun or whatever) makes you feel safer, then by all means carry it. I just found it kind of odd that you want to help people but are scared to go into their neighborhood.

:lol If someone is that out of touch maybe she should just stay out of the barrio...

sabar
07-13-2008, 04:30 AM

Well if you're gonna fire off a 50 calibre round, might as well have a marine sniper just cover you.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/8/88/USMC_Barrett_M82A3.jpg/800px-USMC_Barrett_M82A3.jpg

sabar
07-13-2008, 04:49 AM
I'm just waiting for the impending "Man attacks pit bull with pepper spray" thread.

Maybe that will be alongside the "Couple brutally mauled by pepper sprayed black bear".

I didn't know they marketed this stuff for bear defense.

Insomniac
07-13-2008, 04:54 AM
I agree with this dude. Tazer and pepper spray won't do much, but this big gun will make 'em think twice!

Have you ever been tazered? I have and it'll take you down.

Melmart1
07-13-2008, 10:58 AM
This thread cracks me up. Ashbeeigh typing the words "Just in case some shit goes down" just makes me laugh. Sure, there is some bad element there, but If you go in prepared to battle, you are surely going to find yourself one.

Trust me, in the neighborhood you are going to, you are more likely going to be using that pepper spray on a crazy rooster or stray dogs than a human.

Also laughable is the assertion ... "but I am just trying to help them!" after basically saying that she is afraid that she will be singled out for being white. I don't even know where to start on that one.

CuckingFunt
07-13-2008, 11:20 AM
I found this part of the original post very funny. Ashbeeigh tried hard to dance around saying, "Since I'm white, I don't really belong there..."

This thread cracks me up. Ashbeeigh typing the words "Just in case some shit goes down" just makes me laugh. Sure, there is some bad element there, but If you go in prepared to battle, you are surely going to find yourself one.

Trust me, in the neighborhood you are going to, you are more likely going to be using that pepper spray on a crazy rooster or stray dogs than a human.

Also laughable is the assertion ... "but I am just trying to help them!" after basically saying that she is afraid that she will be singled out for being white. I don't even know where to start on that one.

Ditto.

ashbeeigh
07-13-2008, 12:07 PM

I've spoken to many people that do the same thing as I do and they've carried pepper spray too. Probably not a stun gun, but pepper spray. I'm not the only one that does it.

I'd rather me safe then sorry. I'm sure you're right and I did say at the start I choose to think I'm safe.

Whatever, Mel. I was pretty sure someone would come in here and point out my flaws and insecurities and I was right. You always seem to be stronger an and more more valid in your arguments towards me. So there's no point. I'm sorry, for I have sinned. Forgive me. :rolleyes

Melmart1
07-13-2008, 12:27 PM
Whatever, Mel. I was pretty sure someone would come in here and point out my flaws and insecurities and I was right. You always seem to be stronger an and more more valid in your arguments towards me. So there's no point. I'm sorry, for I have sinned. Forgive me. :rolleyes

I have absolutely no idea what this means.

mrsmaalox
07-13-2008, 12:37 PM
Ash, if you feel better with pepper spray, get it. Fuck everyone else and their moral judgements. I carry one of the "dog strength" ones for when I run, I used to run at night when our subdivision was under construction and random dogs hung around. I wonder if PETA would object because I'm a dog lover but carry one "just in case"?

FromWayDowntown
07-13-2008, 12:37 PM

I think it means that you were right.

ashbeeigh
07-13-2008, 12:53 PM

A few minutes later I felt like I needed to edit it and put "articulate," sorry. No matter what I say you'll always have something to come back with and I won't win, and I don't really care what you all think. This wasn't a thread to promote my job, it was a thread about where to buy god damn pepper spray so I felt safe when I do work. I got my answer, I can get it Academy. You call can go about your business now. Thanks.

2Blonde
07-13-2008, 02:58 PM
I didn't read all the replies, so someone may have already said this but... I bought some at a gun store. I think it was on San Pedro/ just south of Northstar Mall. I don't remember the name. I bought 2 of them for my daughter and myself to keep in our glove-boxes in case we ever need it.

completely deck
07-13-2008, 04:33 PM
Didn't read a page of this but I saw some on sale at Walgreens.

atlfan25
07-13-2008, 04:37 PM
Just yell "La Migra!", it's faster and more effective.

MannyIsGod
07-13-2008, 04:41 PM
How many of your co workers have been assaulted in the middle of the day by these people you are trying to help? Whatever, there is probably higher crime in that area but I doubt you're going to be targeted because you area white woman in the daytime.

I guess you don't understand why people are upset with your post and thats part of the problem. I'm not going to berate you because I don't really think you understand but your frame of mind is particularly annoying. Maybe if you continue to work in the area and you read what you type a few years from now you'll understand.

Viva Las Espuelas
07-13-2008, 10:14 PM
i'd like to teach the world to sing. in perfect hypocrisy.

Melmart1
07-14-2008, 08:36 AM
Ash, if you feel better with pepper spray, get it. Fuck everyone else and their moral judgements.

Who is morally judging anyone here? :dramaquee

All I am trying to say is that her assertion of shit possibly going down because she is white is retarded. I don't know if she has been sheltered most of her life or has never been outside of her comfort zone but like I said, stray dogs are what you will likely be using it for in that neighborhood, not 'shit going down.'

I never said don't carry it. :rolleyes

JoeChalupa
07-14-2008, 08:47 AM
I would dare say there are others who share Ash's view but don't want to admit it.

CosmicCowboy
07-14-2008, 08:59 AM
Back to the original question, Nagels on San Pedro has a good selection of the good stuff.

CosmicCowboy
07-14-2008, 09:07 AM
Remember, "those people" are conditioned to pepper tolerance from an early age. Hit em with some of that cheap shit from Walgreens and they may just lick their lips and want to eat you.

BacktoBasics
07-14-2008, 09:17 AM
I totally understand this thread. White people know whats up don't feel like you have to defend your ideas Ash. You guys act as if its no big deal for a big titted white chic to walk down cholo ave. Dudes are gonna be all over those sweet sweet supple melons like its a budweiser at quiting time. Its not so much the crime so to speak its the fact that she white and likely alone that would prompt any dirty to harass her. Hell if I saw those sweet jugs at a North side Walmart I'd harass her.

So take your high and mighty "messicans are normal people too" talk somewhere else. We all know she's going to be harassed.

tlongII
07-14-2008, 09:22 AM
So when somebody answers the door are you going to point the pepper spray at him and say "Answer the survey or else!"?

ATRAIN
07-14-2008, 09:27 AM
Ash just take Manny with you for protection. If they mess with you he will go ape shit on their asses.

Viva Las Espuelas
07-14-2008, 09:28 AM
Ash just take Manny with you for protection. If they mess with you he will go ape shit on their asses.
:lmao :lmao

CosmicCowboy
07-14-2008, 09:31 AM
Hell, just fill the questionaires out at your office. Nobody really gives a shit what they want LOL.

mrsmaalox
07-14-2008, 10:18 AM
Who is morally judging anyone here? :dramaquee

All I am trying to say is that her assertion of shit possibly going down because she is white is retarded. I don't know if she has been sheltered most of her life or has never been outside of her comfort zone but like I said, stray dogs are what you will likely be using it for in that neighborhood, not 'shit going down.'

I never said don't carry it. :rolleyes

Dayum, who said anything about you? Get defensive much?

BacktoBasics
07-14-2008, 10:25 AM

CAT FIGHT

ATRAIN
07-14-2008, 10:26 AM
CAT FIGHT

I got 20 on melmart

mrsmaalox
07-14-2008, 10:28 AM
I got 20 on melmart

Me too! :p:

Melmart1
07-14-2008, 10:33 AM

I wasn't getting defensive. But I did start the post by saying "who is morally judging anyone here" because I fail to see where anyone was morally judging her, me or anyone else.

But instead of answering my question, you changed the subject.

Viva Las Espuelas
07-14-2008, 10:37 AM
damn. neither one of y'all answered the other one's question. you're the idiot that replied to her question in the first place, so get over yourself

ATRAIN
07-14-2008, 10:38 AM
Me too! :p:

Let that be the last time you agree with me!!

curtismedellin
07-14-2008, 10:41 AM
pepper spray?

Us cholos put that on our huevos rancheros for breakfast.
Now if they have chili picin spray...

ATRAIN
07-14-2008, 10:50 AM
Ash put this on and no one will bother you

http://guanabee.com/Border_Patrol_MakeOver_8_23_07.jpg

BacktoBasics
07-14-2008, 11:12 AM
Everyone fucking knows that lower income areas = dudes harassing women.

This is pretty fucking cut and dry. I don't see how anyone can sit here and tell me that she's just as unsafe cruising the streets of the Northside. Obviously any random act of violence could potentially happen anywhere but the truth is that dudes harp on women all the fucking time and its usually by some dirty ass mexican cruising by trying to pick up some white out of place ass. You guys can keep fooling yourselves if you want but mexican and black dudes in their respective areas of town are known for their harassing ways.

CuckingFunt
07-14-2008, 11:18 AM
I totally understand this thread. White people know whats up don't feel like you have to defend your ideas Ash. You guys act as if its no big deal for a big titted white chic to walk down cholo ave. Dudes are gonna be all over those sweet sweet supple melons like its a budweiser at quiting time. Its not so much the crime so to speak its the fact that she white and likely alone that would prompt any dirty to harass her. Hell if I saw those sweet jugs at a North side Walmart I'd harass her.

So take your high and mighty "messicans are normal people too" talk somewhere else. We all know she's going to be harassed.

This is pretty fucking cut and dry. I don't see how anyone can sit here and tell me that she's just as unsafe cruising the streets of the Northside. Obviously any random act of violence could potentially happen anywhere but the truth is that dudes harp on women all the fucking time and its usually by some dirty ass mexican cruising by trying to pick up some white out of place ass. You guys can keep fooling yourselves if you want but mexican and black dudes in their respective areas of town are known for their harassing ways.

So... what is your ethnicity? And were you in your respective area of town when you made the previous post?

MannyIsGod
07-14-2008, 11:23 AM

All black people eat watermelon too, etc etc.

K, first dude that whistles at Ashbeigh gets pepper spray in the face. The Ashbeigh gets shank in the throat. Win win I guess.

BacktoBasics
07-14-2008, 11:30 AM

K, first dude that whistles at Ashbeigh gets pepper spray in the face. The Ashbeigh gets shank in the throat. Win win I guess.
Thanks for letting the cat out of the bag.

BacktoBasics
07-14-2008, 11:36 AM
So... what is your ethnicity? And were you in your respective area of town when you made the previous post?I'm half white and half mexican. I look white. I'm not sure why it matters. I've spent time on all sides of SA. I've worked in every zip code in all of San Antonio and all surrounding areas for more than 10 years before I moved to Dallas and then Corpus. I see first hand the activity that follows from area to area. I've seen...on a regular basis how someone can be harassed while walking down the street and I from first hand experience know how much more frequent it is in lower income zip codes.

I see how women get harassed at gas stations and corner stores in a lot of areas where it would never happen in a more affluent side of town. I'm not saying she's more likely to be attacked but she's way more likely to be harassed in those lower income areas. Guys constantly harp on women while they pump gas or wait in line at a grocer or corner store.

Harassment could easily evolve into attack. Nothing wrong with being prepared for the worse. She didn't say she was going to pepper someone if they talk to her.

BacktoBasics
07-14-2008, 11:38 AM

K, first dude that whistles at Ashbeigh gets pepper spray in the face. The Ashbeigh gets shank in the throat. Win win I guess.You have to admit they eat a shit load of fried chicken too. You can't deny it if the stereotype fits. I've only met one black guy who didn't like fried chicken and it also came as no shock that he liked mayo. Dude was probably not really black come to think of it.

Ed Helicopter Jones
07-14-2008, 11:43 AM
You have to admit they eat a shit load of fried chicken too. You can't deny it if the stereotype fits. I've only met one black guy who didn't like fried chicken and it also came as no shock that he liked mayo. Dude was probably not really black come to think of it.

I LOVE fried chicken and watermelon. LOVE it!

When's lunch?

CuckingFunt
07-14-2008, 11:43 AM
I'm half white and half mexican. I look white. I'm not sure why it matters. I've spent time on all sides of SA. I've worked in every zip code in all of San Antonio and all surrounding areas for more than 10 years before I moved to Dallas and then Corpus. I see first hand the activity that follows from area to area. I've seen...on a regular basis how someone can be harassed while walking down the street and I from first hand experience know how much more frequent it is in lower income zip codes.

I see how women get harassed at gas stations and corner stores in a lot of areas where it would never happen in a more affluent side of town. I'm not saying she's more likely to be attacked but she's way more likely to be harassed in those lower income areas. Guys constantly harp on women while they pump gas or wait in line at a grocer or corner store.

Harassment could easily evolve into attack. Nothing wrong with being prepared for the worse. She didn't say she was going to pepper someone if they talk to her.

All of which would sound like genuine, though racist and classist, concern if not for your earlier talk of ash's "sweet sweet supple melons."

Ed Helicopter Jones
07-14-2008, 11:45 AM
All of which would sound like genuine, though racist and classist, concern if not for your earlier talk of ash's "sweet sweet supple melons."

Did someone say melon? Fvck I'm hungry.

MannyIsGod
07-14-2008, 11:45 AM
I'm half white and half mexican. I look white. I'm not sure why it matters. I've spent time on all sides of SA. I've worked in every zip code in all of San Antonio and all surrounding areas for more than 10 years before I moved to Dallas and then Corpus. I see first hand the activity that follows from area to area. I've seen...on a regular basis how someone can be harassed while walking down the street and I from first hand experience know how much more frequent it is in lower income zip codes.

Alright, she may get a few cat calls while walking down the street. I really doubt it though, because most of the people in the daytime in those neighborhoods are going to be old people. I've done door to door work when I was trying to get a job with a nonprofit in that exact side of town and the majority of the people were just old.

Also, I think she's FAR more likely to be attacked while pumping gas at some random gas station in ANY part of town at NIGHT or while doing things AT night that don't involve these neighborhoods whether she "belongs" or she doesn't. Also, its not like there's not poor people who happen to be white in those parts of town either. They're not the majority by far, but no one is going to go "OMG A WHITE WOMAN" when they see Ashbeigh walking down the street. More importantly most aren't going 'OMG A WHITE WOMAN WHO PROBABLY ISN'T CARRYING PEPPER SPRAY LES GET HER".

I think the fact that Ashbeigh is cared to go into these neighborhoods to conduct surveys and that has prompted her to get pepper spray is ridiculous because I promise you she puts her self in situations where she's more likely to be attacked everyday outside of those neighborhoods. Whether it be at a stop light coming home from a club, or at an ATM after dark, or pumping gas at some gas station at night. I think its funny that what promps her to get pepper spray is going into a primarly hispanic neighborhood while declaring "I'm just trying to help them!".

I'm all for women having pepper spray and being able to defend themselves. Thats the the hangup here though. The hang up is what prompted her to go think about buying it. Mexicans.

BacktoBasics
07-14-2008, 11:50 AM
Telling me that she is no more likely to encounter crime in a lower income side of town if the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard.

You people love to call it racist but its not racist if its true. Lower income areas equate to more crime. How the fuck you can argue against that is beyond me.

I can't even begin to tell you how often I've had our work van approached in questionable sides of town vs. Pretty whiteville. I fucking love how PC you guys try to come off. Lets just forget the reality of poverty stricken areas in relation to crime because it might come off as being racist.

BacktoBasics
07-14-2008, 11:52 AM
Guadalupe St. Come the fuck on. There's a reason there's bars on the windows and its not because the rod iron look is in.

leemajors
07-14-2008, 11:56 AM
Where The White Women At?@@?

Viva Las Espuelas
07-14-2008, 12:02 PM
wow. i think someone needs to go play some more of the "100,000 hands a month"

The Franchise
07-14-2008, 12:03 PM

You are a piece of shit.

MannyIsGod
07-14-2008, 12:04 PM
Telling me that she is no more likely to encounter crime in a lower income side of town if the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard.

You people love to call it racist but its not racist if its true. Lower income areas equate to more crime. How the fuck you can argue against that is beyond me.

I can't even begin to tell you how often I've had our work van approached in questionable sides of town vs. Pretty whiteville. I fucking love how PC you guys try to come off. Lets just forget the reality of poverty stricken areas in relation to crime because it might come off as being racist.

Its not about being PC. I'm not acting like poor areas of the city aren't more dangerous than other areas, but if you look at the stats you're more likely to be attacked at some random gas station on the north side at NIGHT than you are on Guadalupe street in the middle of the DAY. Ashbeigh's not going to be conducting these surveys in the middle of the night on Guadalupe street (unless she's really stupid I guess). I never once said lower income areas didn't have more crime.

What I said was that I promise you she puts her self in more dangerous situations than Guadalupe street during the day. Shit, any random parking lot at a Wal-Mart at night is far more dangerous than Zarzamora during the DAY.

MannyIsGod
07-14-2008, 12:06 PM
wow. i think someone needs to go play some more of the "100,000 hands a month"

If I ever become as bitter as you to the point where I stalk every post someone else makes I"d simply put a gun barrel in my mouth and pull the trigger. I don't expect you to do that because I don't expect you to have those kind of balls, but perhaps a step back off of mine for a while might do you some good.

Fuck dude, when was the last time you got laid? And no, the bottle of lotion, your hands, and Ashbeigh's picture don't count.

BacktoBasics
07-14-2008, 12:07 PM
You are a piece of shit.The truth is painful.

The Franchise
07-14-2008, 12:08 PM
You have to admit they eat a shit load of fried chicken too. You can't deny it if the stereotype fits. I've only met one black guy who didn't like fried chicken and it also came as no shock that he liked mayo. Dude was probably not really black come to think of it.

How many people in here don't like fried chicken you stupid piece of shit.:lol

MannyIsGod
07-14-2008, 12:09 PM
Guadalupe St. Come the fuck on. There's a reason there's bars on the windows and its not because the rod iron look is in.

On a positive note, the study shows that crime activity in the area was slightly lower than that for all of San Antonio per 1,000 residents.

http://www.bizjournals.com/sanantonio/stories/2008/06/23/daily25.html

BacktoBasics
07-14-2008, 12:10 PM
I'm sure a lot of people here like fried chicken. I know I do. You're not making much sense.

The Franchise
07-14-2008, 12:10 PM
The truth is painful.

Ignorant piece of shit.:toast

marini martini
07-14-2008, 12:11 PM

Fried Chicken thread:blah

The Franchise
07-14-2008, 12:11 PM
I'm sure a lot of people here like fried chicken. I know I do. You're not making much sense.

Read your own reply to mannys quote ingnorant piece of shit.

MannyIsGod
07-14-2008, 12:12 PM
You gotta learn which of B2B's posts to take seriously.

Crime rates are notoriously high in the West Side. But I'm deliberate in choosing the word “notoriously.” I have to wonder whether the West Side's crime notoriety has more to do with sensational, crime blotter news coverage than actual crime itself. If it weren't for the crime du jour coverage, most local television newscasts would have to fill their airtime, fire up their live trucks and launch their helicopters with information that actually benefited the community. The WDC reports finds that crime activity in the West Side is actually lower than for the city at large for every 1,000 residents.http://www.mysanantonio.com/opinion/stories/MYSA.062908.OPEDLanda.2c2cd23.html

They keep using the caveat "per 1k residents" so I'd assume that there is more crime in that area but its proportional to the increase in population. Someone should do a study on the crime rate per bottle of pepper spray though.

The Franchise
07-14-2008, 12:12 PM
Fried Chicken thread:blah

:lol

BacktoBasics
07-14-2008, 12:13 PM
Read your own reply to mannys quote ingnorant piece of shit.How am I ignorant? Blacks in general love Fried Chicken. There's nothing wrong with pointing out the facts.

I guess if I said more mexicans like mexican food than black people do I'd be wrong too? I never said that only black people each chicken.

More mexicans like mexican food
more blacks like chicken
rednecks are usually meat eaters

WTF dude its all pretty common knowledge.

BacktoBasics
07-14-2008, 12:15 PM
You gotta learn which of B2B's posts to take seriously.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/opinion/stories/MYSA.062908.OPEDLanda.2c2cd23.html

They keep using the caveat "per 1k residents" so I'd assume that there is more crime in that area but its proportional to the increase in population. Someone should do a study on the crime rate per bottle of pepper spray though.The term "west side" is a bit decieving. Central to North West really isn't all that bad but the further south you get the more sticky it gets.

Anyone wanna take a stroll down the South East side?

Viva Las Espuelas
07-14-2008, 12:17 PM
If I ever become as bitter as you to the point where I stalk every post someone else makes I"d simply put a gun barrel in my mouth and pull the trigger. I don't expect you to do that because I don't expect you to have those kind of balls, but perhaps a step back off of mine for a while might do you some good.

Fuck dude, when was the last time you got laid? And no, the bottle of lotion, your hands, and Ashbeigh's picture don't count.believe me. i watch animal planet enough. i don't need to stalk anyone expecially you, dr phil. it's just funny how you have all the answers to everything in life. that is except for relationships. which by the way, shouldn't that snowflake be taken down? stop me if i'm "stepping" too much. and what does coitus have to do with me being amused with you? bigalee bigalee. if you want we can compare balls the next time i go down there.

MannyIsGod
07-14-2008, 12:20 PM
believe me. i watch animal planet enough. i don't need to stalk anyone expecially you, dr phil. it's just funny how you have all the answers to everything in life. that is except for relationships. which by the way, shouldn't that snowflake be taken down? stop me if i'm "stepping" too much. and what does coitus have to do with me being amused with you? bigalee bigalee. if you want we can compare balls the next time i go down there.

Then why do you reply to everything about me? PM Slomo to take my snowflake down if you want. You're not stepping too much, since you're speaking totally out of ignorance on a subject that you think you have information on.

I'm sorry that I'm knowledgeable and know how to learn things. Its obviously of great offense to you. Feel free to try to prove me wrong on any subject I post on in a factual way. I'm more than open to learning new things. All I ask is that you back up what you say with some sort of facts.

If thats too tough for you, continue stalking me if you find it amusing. I don't want stop the joys in your life. Stalk way my friend, stalk way.

BacktoBasics
07-14-2008, 12:20 PM
that is except for relationships. which by the way, shouldn't that snowflake be taken down? stop me if i'm "stepping" too much. Did I miss some juicy info?

Melmart1
07-14-2008, 12:21 PM
The term "west side" is a bit decieving. Central to North West really isn't all that bad but the further south you get the more sticky it gets.

So is the term 'North Side" deceiving as well? The one where you said ashbeeigh wouldn't get harrassed? Because Northeast and North Central are OK, but the further West you go, the more sticky it gets.

Viva Las Espuelas
07-14-2008, 12:21 PM
How am I ignorant? Blacks in general love Fried Chicken. There's nothing wrong with pointing out the facts.

I guess if I said more mexicans like mexican food than black people do I'd be wrong too? I never said that only black people each chicken.

more blacks like chicken

i find it funny how all the mexicans work at kfc, popeyes, etc.
and all the african-americans work at taco bell. just an observation and i'm a hispanic with two hispanic parents that had parents from mexico. monterey to be exact. i lived on the northwest side of san antonio and now i reside in dallas. just so my info is out there before i'm attacked.

marini martini
07-14-2008, 12:22 PM
About a year ago, I popped in for dinner, by my self, at Taco Cabana on Roosevelt.
I kind of felt threatened. Folks were glaring at me like they wanted to kill me. And I'm a middle aged white woman. But I think it might be because I look like a CPS or DHS worker.:lmao

Viva Las Espuelas
07-14-2008, 12:22 PM
About a year ago, I popped in for dinner, by my self, at Taco Cabana on Roosevelt.
I kind of felt threatened. Folks were glaring at me like they wanted to kill me. And I'm a middle aged white woman. But I think it might be because I look like a CPS or DHS worker.:lmaothey probably thought you were a health inspector.

MannyIsGod
07-14-2008, 12:23 PM
The term "west side" is a bit decieving. Central to North West really isn't all that bad but the further south you get the more sticky it gets.

The target area of the WDC is bordered by Interstate Highway 35 on the east, Interstate Highway 10/Highway 90 West on the south, Acme Road/ 36th Street on the west and Cincinnati Avenue on the north.

Thats the EXACT area Ashbeigh's talking about.

BacktoBasics
07-14-2008, 12:24 PM
I kind of felt threatened. Folks were glaring at me like they wanted to kill me. And I'm a middle aged white woman. But I think it might be because I look like a CPS or DHS worker.:lmao
Probably checking out your rack.

Viva Las Espuelas
07-14-2008, 12:24 PM
Did I miss some juicy info?i'll be nice and "step off" this one. wow, i thought new jack city was forgotten by now.

BacktoBasics
07-14-2008, 12:31 PM
So is the term 'North Side" deceiving as well? The one where you said ashbeeigh wouldn't get harrassed? Because Northeast and North Central are OK, but the further West you go, the more sticky it gets.
No its not at all. North west and north east are relatively good. However the more east you get the more white trash you encounter. Venture south and well it all goes south.

Look I serviced 10 homes a day 5-6 days a week for a good 10 years in San Antonio. I was all over the city. Being in all these neighborhoods and different homes you start to get a sense of how certain sides of town are. We're talking about being in over 25k homes across all zip codes covering a decade worth of development. I know probably more than anyone what to expect from the people per zip code.

Not that there aren't any suprises. Well off white people are typically the messiest most dirty folk there are. Middle to slightly below middle income hispanic family's are typically the cleanest. Just a few examples.

BacktoBasics
07-14-2008, 12:33 PM
Thats the EXACT area Ashbeigh's talking about.
My mental drawing of what defines moving more northward is different than yours. I do however agree that she's gonna be in the worst of the worst that SA has to offer.

Edit: I meant to put not gonna be

MannyIsGod
07-14-2008, 12:35 PM
Did I miss some juicy info?

Jess left me for a man who looks less like a Gorilla.

MannyIsGod
07-14-2008, 12:37 PM
My mental drawing of what defines moving more northward is different than yours. I do however agree that she's gonna be in the worst of the worst that SA has to offer.

East side is worse. The first time I went to the SBC center I had a strange urge to buy pepper spray......in case shit went down.

BacktoBasics
07-14-2008, 12:38 PM
Jess left me for a man who looks less like a Gorilla.I had no idea. I'm here for you pal. PM me the details and we can talk about it. We've all been there.

BacktoBasics
07-14-2008, 12:38 PM
East side is worse. The first time I went to the SBC center I had a strange urge to buy pepper spray......in case shit went down.
Yeah I'm still a bit shocked that they decided to put it there. Not the friendliest area.

MannyIsGod
07-14-2008, 12:43 PM
I had no idea. I'm here for you pal. PM me the details and we can talk about it. We've all been there.

Send Jekka a few nasty PMs and that'll make my day.

ATRAIN
07-14-2008, 12:50 PM
How am I ignorant? Blacks in general love Fried Chicken. There's nothing wrong with pointing out the facts.

more blacks like chicken

Have you guys ever seen these in New Orleans? Its the home of the 100 piece and they cater. Oh yeah and they were in black neighborhoods. Im just sayin.

http://zachery.path.med.umich.edu/stuff/pix/chicken_box.jpg

CosmicCowboy
07-14-2008, 12:52 PM
Send Jekka a few nasty PMs and that'll make my day.

Damn Manny...she moved you all the way to Ann Arbor Michigan and then dumped your ass? Thats cold.

Johnny_Blaze_47
07-14-2008, 12:54 PM
Have you guys ever seen these in New Orleans? Its the home of the 100 piece and they cater. Oh yeah and they were in black neighborhoods. Im just sayin.

Your mama's box tastes like chicken?

That's both scary and enticing at the same time.

marini martini
07-14-2008, 12:54 PM
Damn Manny...she moved you all the way to Ann Arbor Michigan and then dumped your ass? Thats cold.

Shit, at least he got a snowflake!

ATRAIN
07-14-2008, 12:56 PM

Did you move over there Manny? Just look at my sig for a few mins and you will be fine.

ATRAIN
07-14-2008, 12:57 PM
Shit, at least he got a snowflake!

LOL MIL, you need to accept what I told you. You have to be in the "in" crowd for get a spur or flag or anything like that around here.

JoeChalupa
07-14-2008, 12:58 PM
Heck, me and the wife get nasty looks when we are in "mostly white" neighborhoods ALL the time. Like we are not supposed to be there. I'm not surprised at all by B2B's posts at all. He's come across that way from the start. Stereotypes exist and will aways exist as long as there are those who think that way. Are there some truths to it? Sure there are but I don't think that way at all. And no offense but the vatos that I know won't be doing any cat calling at Ash at all.
But as a coincidence my wife asked me to buy her some pepper spray for when she gets off of work and she works on the North side and you'd be surprised what she sees. Bounced checks happen there ALL the time. What does that mean? Just pointing out that deadbeats exist in all areas of town.

Oh, and my wife hates watermelon and doesn't eat fried chicken. She prefers the Chalupa!!!

MannyIsGod
07-14-2008, 01:03 PM
I actually blew slomo to get the snowflake. It doesn't mean what most of you think.

ATRAIN
07-14-2008, 01:06 PM
I actually blew slomo to get the snowflake. It doesn't mean what most of you think.

You dirty whore

BacktoBasics
07-14-2008, 01:25 PM
Send Jekka a few nasty PMs and that'll make my day.Did this bitch actually move you and then dump you?

I never liked that bitch in the first place. Better off without that shit.

MannyIsGod
07-14-2008, 01:33 PM
Lmao Lmao Lmao

MannyIsGod
07-14-2008, 01:35 PM
Nah we're working things out. We go see one of those hypnotherapists like in office space. He puts me under hypnosis and trains me to act the way she wants. That doesn't mean I let her boss me around.

Right?

ATRAIN
07-14-2008, 01:36 PM
Nah we're working things out. We go see one of those hypnotherapists like in office space. He puts me under hypnosis and trains me to act the way she wants. That doesn't mean I let her boss me around.

Right?

IS he going to hypnotize her and tell her you look like Brad Pitt?

BacktoBasics
07-14-2008, 01:37 PM

Right?Dude you are now her official little monkey boy. Come stay with me for a week and I'll straighten you out.

Viva Las Espuelas
07-14-2008, 01:40 PM
Dude you are now her official little monkey boy. Come stay with me for a week and I'll straighten you out.

http://www.gonemovies.com/WWW/WanadooFilms/Misdaad/PulpMarselluButch.jpg

remingtonbo2001
07-14-2008, 01:41 PM
So, is it safe to say this thread has officially been hijacked?

ATRAIN
07-14-2008, 01:43 PM

Its a miracle if a thread goes 3 pages on the original topic these days. I actually prefer when my threads get hijacked. Makes work go by so much faster. Unless of course Matlock hijacks it because she is a thread killer.

ashbeeigh
07-14-2008, 01:45 PM

I got my answer early on in the thread, so no other responses were necessary.

remingtonbo2001
07-14-2008, 01:45 PM
Huh.

I wonder if Ashbeeigh's been hijacked yet.

remingtonbo2001
07-14-2008, 01:46 PM
Guess not.

to21
07-14-2008, 01:46 PM
Sooooooooooooo......

Were can someone buy some pepper spray in this bitch?

:lmao

marini martini
07-14-2008, 01:47 PM
Its a miracle if a thread goes 3 pages on the original topic these days. I actually prefer when my threads get hijacked. Makes work go by so much faster. Unless of course Matlock hijacks it because she is a thread killer.

Or Steven Smith:lmao

or whatever the fvk his name is.

MannyIsGod
07-14-2008, 01:48 PM
Wait, so you guys don't think I should be doing the hypnosis?

remingtonbo2001
07-14-2008, 01:50 PM

Not my type of psychology.

Hypnosis works if you believe it works.

mrsmaalox
07-14-2008, 01:52 PM
Electro convulsive therapy works wonders.

ashbeeigh
07-14-2008, 01:57 PM
Electro convulsive therapy works wonders.

You will lose your memory, guaranteed. But you'll feel better!

JoeChalupa
07-14-2008, 02:00 PM
I've been pretty much hypnotized since I met my wife.

Viva Las Espuelas
07-14-2008, 02:06 PM
Its a miracle if a thread goes 3 pages on the original topic these days. I actually prefer when my threads get hijacked. Makes work go by so much faster. Unless of course Matlock hijacks it because she is a thread killer.so where is that other thread you said you were going to start that was going to piss people off?

johnsmith
07-14-2008, 02:13 PM

It's johnsmith, if you're gong to bring me up at least get it right.

By the way, for someone that doesn't like me, you sure bring me up often. I haven't posted over the last few days but I've lurked, and I bet you've now brought me up three times in as many days. Seems like an unhealthy obsession.

BacktoBasics
07-14-2008, 02:14 PM
Manny...let me know if you need a few sessions. I'll help you for free cause I respect you.

johnsmith
07-14-2008, 02:14 PM
Hell, just fill the questionaires out at your office. Nobody really gives a shit what they want LOL.

:lol:lol

johnsmith
07-14-2008, 02:15 PM

Right?

Are you serious? She left you? And after you moved to Michigan? Having lived right next door in Minnesota, let me be the first to say, you got fucked.

BacktoBasics
07-14-2008, 02:15 PM

By the way, for someone that doesn't like me, you sure bring me up often. I haven't posted over the last few days but I've lurked, and I bet you've now brought me up three times in as many days. Seems like an unhealthy obsession.
Let me know if you want her to obsess over me instead. I'll gladly take your left overs if its marini doing the stalking.

johnsmith
07-14-2008, 02:16 PM
Let me know if you want her to obsess over me instead. I'll gladly take your left overs if its marini doing the stalking.

Yeah, you can have a shot at the title if you'd like. I've grown tired of her.

MannyIsGod
07-14-2008, 02:16 PM
Oh - I'm paying for the hypnosis too. Dude is the best in his field.....in San Antonio...so he's kind of expensive. I was going to get a new TV but I figured if this was what Jess wanted, this was what I should get.

johnsmith
07-14-2008, 02:18 PM
Oh - I'm paying for the hypnosis too. Dude is the best in his field.....in San Antonio...so he's kind of expensive. I was going to get a new TV but I figured if this was what Jess wanted, this was what I should get.

All joking aside though, did you guys really break up after the move?

BacktoBasics
07-14-2008, 02:18 PM
Oh - I'm paying for the hypnosis too. Dude is the best in his field.....in San Antonio...so he's kind of expensive. I was going to get a new TV but I figured if this was what Jess wanted, this was what I should get.Has she put on weight?

Johnny_Blaze_47
07-14-2008, 02:19 PM
This thread delivers.

MannyIsGod
07-14-2008, 02:21 PM
All joking aside though, did you guys really break up after the move?

We're both still in San Antonio. She hasn't even moved yet! :lol

Johnny_Blaze_47
07-14-2008, 02:22 PM

You really should have let that go on longer.

johnsmith
07-14-2008, 02:25 PM
I feel so foolish.

MannyIsGod
07-14-2008, 02:25 PM
I don't believe they were buying it. You're probably right though.

EDIT: you are right.

FUCK.

johnsmith
07-14-2008, 02:27 PM
So what was the point of lying about where you live?

And why wouldn't we buy it? It's an internet message board of which some of us don't belong to the ugliest group of human beings on the planet, "the gtg" group, so how would we know................or care?

BacktoBasics
07-14-2008, 02:28 PM
I don't believe they were buying it. You're probably right though.

EDIT: you are right.

FUCK.
I was trolled. I thought they might have broken up. Definitely should have carried this on much longer.

Johnny_Blaze_47
07-14-2008, 02:30 PM
I might be missing it (I just skimmed the thread again), but I don't see where he said he actually moved. In fact, he said the "hypnotist" was the best in San Antonio.

Don't get mad because you fell for it. You're usually better about rolling with the punches, johnsmith.

johnsmith
I was trolled. I thought they might have broken up. Definitely should have carried this on much longer.

I disagree. I don't think you or anyone else was trolled. I think we were just flat out lied to the way Norcal told us he was black. It was just a worthless lie that tricked their "internet 'friends' into believing they moved somewhere".

Guess what, I'm moving to Connecticut next month............HAHAHAHAHAHA, no I'm not............jokes on you.

johnsmith
I might be missing it (I just skimmed the thread again), but I don't see where he said he actually moved. In fact, he said the "hypnotist" was the best in San Antonio.

Don't get mad because you fell for it.

Didn't he say a long time ago in a thread far away that he was moving to Michigan?

Johnny_Blaze_47
07-14-2008, 02:31 PM
I disagree. I don't think you or anyone else was trolled. I think we were just flat out lied to the way Norcal told us he was black. It was just a worthless lie that tricked their "internet 'friends' into believing they moved somewhere".

Guess what, I'm moving to Connecticut next month............HAHAHAHAHAHA, no I'm not............jokes on you.

Again, I haven't re-read all the posts here, but show me where he said in this thread he moved.

Johnny_Blaze_47
07-14-2008, 02:32 PM
Didn't he say a long time ago in a thread far away that he was moving to Michigan?

Yeah, at the end of the summer.

And why are you getting so worked up over whether he "lied" or not, as you said, it's a message board?

remingtonbo2001
07-14-2008, 02:32 PM
I'm curious Manny, what do you think you will get out of your experience with the hypnosis?

What is Jess' attitude towards the hypnosis?

Also, if you do go through the process, it would be awesome if you give us details of your experience, in some general form.

I don't want details of your relationship, just whether or not you found the hypnosis to be effective and how you came to your conclusion.

If that's cool.

MannyIsGod
07-14-2008, 02:33 PM

When did I say anything about me being anywhere else? I said I was moving to MI but that wasn't until August. Someone else brought up MI. I never even said that.

You think I'd go to a fucking hypnotist so I could do what "she wants"? Seriously?

BacktoBasics
07-14-2008, 02:37 PM
I'm curious Manny, what do you think you will get out of your experience with the hypnosis?

Also, if you do go through the process, it would be awesome if you give us details of your experience, in some general form.

I don't want details of your relationship, just whether or not you found the hypnosis to be effective and how you came to your conclusion.

If that's cool.

MannyIsGod
07-14-2008, 02:38 PM
Oh man, this thread has made my fucking day.

BacktoBasics
07-14-2008, 02:40 PM
I wonder if Ash is happy or mad about how this thread went.

MannyIsGod
07-14-2008, 02:41 PM
Considering the number of hispanics inside the thread she's probably not in it but outside of it with pepper spray in her hand.

johnsmith
07-14-2008, 02:42 PM
Alright fuck, I got tricked and I'm mad about it. Fine, I said it.

But at least I didn't believe the hypnotist thing.

Johnny_Blaze_47
07-14-2008, 02:42 PM
Considering the number of hispanics inside the thread she's probably not in it but outside of it with pepper spray in her hand.

She was just trying to help the thread.

MannyIsGod
07-14-2008, 02:44 PM

But at least I didn't believe the hypnotist thing.

FWIW, I didn't lie about breaking up. We broke up for a short period of time about a month ago and a few people on here knew about it cause I made a stupid post - thats how Viva knew. The rest was just me fucking with people but I didn't think anyone bought any of it much less the hypnotist shit. If I had I would have definetly milked it longer.

CosmicCowboy

No shit. I've had the P12 sitting by the keyboard for the last 3 pages.

MannyIsGod
She was just trying to help the thread.

"help me - help you - STAY THE FUCK AWAY OR YOU GET MACED"

MannyIsGod
07-14-2008, 02:45 PM
No shit. I've had the P12 sitting by the keyboard for the last 3 pages.

Send the shot as an attatchment.

BacktoBasics
07-14-2008, 02:47 PM
Considering the number of hispanics inside the thread she's probably not in it but outside of it with pepper spray in her hand.BWAHAHAHAHA :lmao

BacktoBasics
07-14-2008, 02:48 PM
I'm gonna change the subject.

Has anyone eaten at the Tip Top Cafe. In all my life I've never had their food. I watched Diners, Drive-ins and Dives the other day and they were featured. Seemed like pretty good food especially the chicken fried steak.

Anyone got any first hand experience?

Johnny_Blaze_47
07-14-2008, 02:50 PM

Has anyone eaten at the Tip Top Cafe. In all my life I've never had their food. I watched Diners, Drive-ins and Dives the other day and they were featured. Seemed like pretty good food especially the chicken fried steak.

Great food. Make sure you have cash, though, they don't take cards.

BacktoBasics
07-14-2008, 02:53 PM
Great food. Make sure you have cash, though, they don't take cards.Thats fucking crazy. I'm not taking cash on that side of town.

Anyways I'll check it out. Still haven't found good Chicken Fried Steak in Corpus.

Johnny_Blaze_47
07-14-2008, 02:55 PM
Thats fucking crazy. I'm not taking cash on that side of town.

Anyways I'll check it out. Still haven't found good Chicken Fried Steak in Corpus.

It's not even that bad on that side. I went there with some co-workers during the middle of the day a few weeks back and it was a bunch of young, old, white, black and brown people.

Plus, if you're taking more than $30 in there, you're buying too much food.

CosmicCowboy
07-14-2008, 02:56 PM

Ate there Friday. Been going there for a long time. Getting pretty pricey for what you get...CFS with fries, small salad and tea was about $12. + tip. Be prepared to wait...since that stupid show came out they have a line from open till close...at 8:00 they just walk outside and say "you're the last that gets to eat" and shut the line down.

BacktoBasics
07-14-2008, 03:00 PM
Ate there Friday. Been going there for a long time. Getting pretty pricey for what you get...CFS with fries, small salad and tea was about $12. + tip. Be prepared to wait...since that stupid show came out they have a line from open till close...at 8:00 they just walk outside and say "you're the last that gets to eat" and shut the line down.
Well if thats the case I won't eat there. I'm not going to wait around for an hour to sit down. Everything is pricey these days. Unless you're willing to take down some disgusting fast food I expect to pay 25-30 dollars for a dinner for two.

CuckingFunt
07-14-2008, 03:01 PM
Thats fucking crazy. I'm not taking cash on that side of town.

Just bring some pepper spray with you.

BacktoBasics
07-14-2008, 03:02 PM
Ate there Friday. Been going there for a long time. Getting pretty pricey for what you get...CFS with fries, small salad and tea was about $12. + tip.I often wondered if I was one of the only people that ordered tea with dinner. Its pretty much all I drink when I eat out unless I'm having a beer. I always worried if I was getting 4 or 5 day old tea because I'm the rare asshat that drinks the stuff while everyone else is pounding cokes and sprites.

johnsmith
07-14-2008, 03:02 PM
Mac's bbq in Portland is my favorite bbq place of all time. You guys ever go there?

marini martini
07-14-2008, 03:03 PM

Heh heh, SNAP!

Who said I didn't like you. Just because you had a bi-polar e-episode, and caused Kori to close a thread. Sheeit, that was funny. I mentioned you once after that, and it was about your awesome sense of humor. Put drops, in you eyes man, you can't see or what?

Thanks, coach:toast

Yeah, you can have a shot at the title if you'd like. I've grown tired of her.

:dizzy

Please John, it's time for the blue pill. TAKE IT NOW!!

ashbeeigh
07-14-2008, 03:04 PM
What hell did I create?

CosmicCowboy
07-14-2008, 03:08 PM
What hell did I create?

It's the inevitable societal progression...the beaners moved in and the neighborhood went to shit.

just kidding guys.:lol

johnsmith
07-14-2008, 03:11 PM
I mentioned you once after that, and it was about your awesome sense of humor. Put drops, in you eyes man, you can't see or what?

Really? Just once?

I know, I was suckerpunched. What a buzzkill, sheesh. The sad part, I was realy respecting him the night before when he was telling this Ronaldo...

Guadalupe river. RC neighboorhood park. 4 P.M.:toast Ya'll are all invited.LOL

Oh and ask John Smith if he'd like to join us:lmao

I agree with you, I was having fun, and then BAM:ihit right in the kisser:lol

Thanks for my sig though:toast

WTF? This retard is on serious meds. He goes in and out of reality like you change your underwear. He's like he took a serious bad acid trip and never came back:toast

Do you want me to keep going or were all of these posts made in a drunken stupor?

Please John, it's time for the blue pill. TAKE IT NOW!!

You have failed. Don't bother responding.

marini martini
07-14-2008, 03:14 PM
Really? Just once?

Do you want me to keep going or were all of these posts made in a drunken stupor?

You have failed. Don't bother responding.

dayum, who's the obsessive one??????????:wow

johnsmith
07-14-2008, 03:15 PM
dayum, who's the obsessive one??????????:wow

I don't think you are getting this. It took me a minute, maybe two in order to create that post. However, you kept talking about me, hours, even days after the thread in which we argued.

So you, you are the obsessive one. Again, you have failed, please don't bother replying.

johnsmith
07-14-2008, 03:16 PM
It's the inevitable societal progression...the beaners moved in and the neighborhood went to shit.

The old man is cracking me the fuck up today.:toast

BacktoBasics
07-14-2008, 03:19 PM
Mac's bbq in Portland is my favorite bbq place of all time. You guys ever go there?I didn't know he had a place in Portland.

He had a small place off of Alameda here in town and then moved to a large building down the road about six months ago. Great BBQ but now there is a Rudy's here and I'm afraid its cutting into his business.

BacktoBasics
07-14-2008, 03:20 PM
Thanks, coach:toast

Anytime hun. PM me! We should be a lot closer than we are.

johnsmith
07-14-2008, 03:21 PM
I didn't know he had a place in Portland.

He had a small place off of Alameda here in town and then moved to a large building down the road about six months ago. Great BBQ but now there is a Rudy's here and I'm afraid its cutting into his business.

It's right across the highway from the Sherwin plant in Portland. It's at the corner of whatever the hell those two freeways are.

I was on a job right next door to the Sherwin plant and we'd eat there damn near everyday. It ruined bbq everywhere else for me because it was so damn good.

There is another one right across the highway from the wal-mart, Chili's and all that other stuff in Portland too. The food isn't as good as Mac's but the bbq sauce kicks ass over there.

marini martini
07-14-2008, 03:22 PM
I don't think you are getting this. It took me a minute, maybe two in order to create that post. However, you kept talking about me, hours, even days after the thread in which we argued.

So you, you are the obsessive one. Again, you have failed, please don't bother replying.

:lmao:lmao:lmao That's funny!

I was gone most of last week, & didn't post. But you got me there, with all those quotes:toast

Lighten up wise guy, and quit being such a kill joy!

johnsmith
07-14-2008, 03:23 PM
:
Lighten up wise guy, and quit being such a kill joy!

I'm having a good time. You aren't?

BacktoBasics
07-14-2008, 03:24 PM
It's right across the highway from the Sherwin plant in Portland. It's at the corner of whatever the hell those two freeways are.

I was on a job right next door to the Sherwin plant and we'd eat there damn near everyday. It ruined bbq everywhere else for me because it was so damn good.

There is another one right across the highway from the wal-mart, Chili's and all that other stuff in Portland too. The food isn't as good as Mac's but the bbq sauce kicks ass over there.
I'll definitely check it out. I know where you are talking about.

marini martini
07-14-2008, 03:25 PM
I'm having a good time. You aren't?

Always, thanks for asking!

Cupid
07-14-2008, 03:25 PM

I've got it covered.

Viva Las Espuelas
07-14-2008, 03:30 PM

Anyone got any first hand experience?if you want good chicken fried steak then go to Lulu's.

BacktoBasics
07-14-2008, 03:33 PM
if you want good chicken fried steak then go to Lulu's.
Where is it?

Viva Las Espuelas
07-14-2008, 03:37 PM
Where is it?

918 N Main Ave
i'm surprised no one else brought it up and i don't live in san antonio.

BacktoBasics
07-14-2008, 03:41 PM
918 N Main Ave

I might just check it out.

2centsworth
07-14-2008, 03:41 PM

That chick rubbed me wrong. She ate two or three glazed donuts at my house and when I offered a glass of milk she gave me a dirty stare. It was like she was telling dude don't you know coke and donuts are in and milk is out.

As far as Ash, spray first ask questions later.

BacktoBasics
07-14-2008, 03:45 PM
918 N Main Ave
:lmao I just read one of their reviews

I was appalled on what I heard and saw on Sunday morning after a night on the town. I entered the restaurant and ordered my food when a "Gay" couple entered the establishment holding hands. Nothing big to me I am from San Francisco......then out of no where a cook yelled across the restaurant " Hey you can not hold hands....you can not do that....this is not the club!” First of all the tone in her voice was very disturbing.....she made it sound like the couple was doing something evil. Her whole attitude was horrible.....the couple still holding hands continue to walk to a table - they were then yelled at again by the cook. The manager did nothing to silence her employee she looked confused and stated there was nothing she could do. Needless to say half the cliental walked out of the place. FYI- another cook started using profanity towards a customer telling him to be quite. The only reason I went to this place is because of word of mouth - I will never visit this place again. I know a company has the right to refuse service to any one.....but there is a right way to go about things. This whole issue was handled poorly they should have been more tactful in handling the issue……which definitely would not have included yelling at a customer from the kitchen. From what I was told by a client the restaurant is located in SA gay area. This establishment has loss my business and I will make sure that I inform my friends of this horrible visit.........I thought the days of segregation were long gone.

Viva Las Espuelas
07-14-2008, 04:02 PM
:lmao I just read one of their reviewseveryone isn't going to like it. if you go, take a defibrillator.

manufor3
07-14-2008, 04:03 PM
well i could show you a video that has the best way of eliminating a stalker, here it is it is the 4th or 5th fact-

TOgooJ0ZL_4

BacktoBasics
07-14-2008, 04:09 PM
everyone isn't going to like it. if you go, take a defibrillator.
You obviously didn't read the review as it had nothing to do with food :rolleyes

CosmicCowboy
07-14-2008, 04:12 PM
if you want good chicken fried steak then go to Lulu's.

they did a pretty good job back when they were the jailhouse cafe under the bridge, but after the divorce/splitup/division of the business the food went to shit. I personally think Lulu's chicken fried steak is disgustingly gristley...I even went back a second time just in case I got a bad one the first time and it was even worse...that and the vegetables right out of the can sucked. No love for Lulu's with this cowboy.

peewee's lovechild
07-14-2008, 04:22 PM
Pepper spray does nothing for me . . . I'm Mexican.

We're immune to that shit.

johnsmith
07-14-2008, 04:23 PM
Pepper spray does nothing for me . . . I'm Mexican.

We're immune to that shit.

Pepper spray? What the fuck are you talking about? No one was talking about pepper spray........what does it even have to do with this thread?

peewee's lovechild
07-14-2008, 04:27 PM
Pepper spray? What the fuck are you talking about? No one was talking about pepper spray........what does it even have to do with this thread?

Sorry.

So, yea, chicken fried steak is the shit!!!

peewee's lovechild
07-14-2008, 04:27 PM
And gays suck, of course.

BacktoBasics
07-14-2008, 04:28 PM
I used to like Maggies CFS but last time I drove by there it was no longer Maggies.

peewee's lovechild
07-14-2008, 04:31 PM

This is just beautiful!!!!!!!!!!

Johnny_Blaze_47
07-14-2008, 04:34 PM
I've been getting the chicken fried chicken at Lulu's lately, and that's still great.

peewee's lovechild
07-14-2008, 04:40 PM
I've been getting the chicken fried chicken at Lulu's lately, and that's still great.

Are you okay with them chasing out the gays?

RichardSimmons
07-14-2008, 04:51 PM
And gays suck, of course.

And you are tops baby!!! :elephant :elephant

RichardSimmons
07-14-2008, 04:52 PM
Are you okay with them chasing out the gays?

You can catch me anytime!!! :elephant

mrsmaalox
07-14-2008, 05:15 PM
So Lulu's and the Jailhouse are/were the same? I went to the Jailhouse like 15 yrs ago I think, but I haven't been to Lulu's. Same location. If I have to do a chicken fried steak and don't want to make it myself, I usually go to the Alamo Cafe. I'm just not a real fan of gravy.

Sense
07-14-2008, 07:10 PM

RACIST!

Jekka
07-14-2008, 07:21 PM

Fuck them! Don't let them influence you!

Has she put on weight?

Fuck you!

Jekka
07-14-2008, 07:24 PM

If that's cool.

Hehe, oh man, that made my day. Thank you, I needed that.

ShoogarBear
07-14-2008, 08:41 PM

Right?

I have to interrupt at this point WTF? You serious?

Okay, now continuing to read the rest of the thread . . .

ShoogarBear
07-14-2008, 08:42 PM

http://images.tvnz.co.nz/tvnz_images/news2007/health/viagara_232_220507.jpg

ShoogarBear
07-14-2008, 08:44 PM
This thread delivers.

Aren't you supposed to be going to Minneapolis?

ShoogarBear
07-14-2008, 08:46 PM
FWIW, I didn't lie about breaking up. We broke up for a short period of time about a month ago and a few people on here knew about it cause I made a stupid post - thats how Viva knew. The rest was just me fucking with people but I didn't think anyone bought any of it much less the hypnotist shit. If I had I would have definetly milked it longer.

Wait, you guys are back together?

Fuck, I should have been here while this was live.

Cupid
07-14-2008, 08:52 PM
Wait, you guys are back together?

Fuck, I should have been here while this was live.

Long distance relationships are my toughest job and throw Manny in the picture and I'll need a damn hypnotist.

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
07-14-2008, 10:34 PM

I look more like a Monchichi.

She likes the toned down look.

ATRAIN
07-15-2008, 07:38 AM
so where is that other thread you said you were going to start that was going to piss people off?

LOL depending on how bored I get at work this week, it might happen this week.

BacktoBasics
07-15-2008, 08:34 AM
Fuck you!Sorry porker

Richard Cranium
07-15-2008, 08:51 AM
I think somebody better start working on their e-harmony profile.

ashbeeigh
07-17-2008, 06:16 PM
so I was almost killed by a westside rooster today..he followed me for a good three houses. It was comical. But, in other news, i haven't bought any pepper spray yet.

Ed Helicopter Jones
07-17-2008, 06:25 PM
So Jekka and Manny broke up?

That's too bad.

CosmicCowboy
07-17-2008, 06:28 PM
so I was almost killed by a westside rooster today..he followed me for a good three houses. It was comical. But, in other news, i haven't bought any pepper spray yet.

Thats too bad. Pepper spraying the horny mexican rooster would have made a great utube.

ashbeeigh
07-17-2008, 06:31 PM
Thats too bad. Pepper spraying the horny mexican rooster would have made a great utube.

My phone doesn't have a camera, or else I would have taped it.

JoeChalupa
07-17-2008, 06:39 PM

He was just being cocky.

jcrod
07-17-2008, 07:15 PM

That sucks, its been awhile since i've been there. Do they still have the Tuesday special, CFS meal + tea for 4.95 or 5.95? Its always been packed that day and night. Worth the wait if you like CFS, best around.

ashbeeigh
05-17-2011, 10:30 AM
I still don't own any pepper spray.

mouse
05-17-2011, 10:42 AM
so I was almost killed by a westside rooster today..

Why a "westside" roster, must you stereotype 24/7?

he followed me for a good three houses.

one more house and he would have been the cock of the block.

It was comical.

I can see the humor of a cock following you.

But, in other news,

Nooooo!...... don't cock block us!

i haven't bought any pepper spray yet.

That's poppycock.

MannyIsGod
05-17-2011, 07:44 PM
So now that a few years have passed what do you think about your urge to buy Pepper Spray?

BlackSwordsMan
05-17-2011, 07:46 PM
They hired a mexican custodian she had to be safe.

ashbeeigh
05-17-2011, 08:22 PM
So now that a few years have passed what do you think about your urge to buy Pepper Spray?

If I had to do it everyday for work I'd still want to carry it. But for a once in a while thing, no.

sonnytris
05-17-2011, 10:09 PM
Sterlings Police Supplies, 2111 west/I-10, has a good selection of pepper spray

baseline bum
05-17-2011, 10:27 PM
I can sell you some bear spray, lol.

CWnACum4SJs

mojorizen7
05-18-2011, 08:25 AM
I can sell you some bear spray, lol.

CWnACum4SJs

Kyle Orton
05-18-2011, 08:41 AM
Don't worry Ashbeeigh, I doubt anyone wants to rape you

TimDunkem
05-18-2011, 08:51 AM
Don't worry Ashbeeigh, I doubt anyone wants to rape you

xellos88330
05-18-2011, 03:13 PM
Pepper spray only works if your assailant is unaware that you know of his presence and intention. That being said, self defense is only as good as your knowledge of the situation. If you can't sense through sight, sound or some other stimuli that the attack is coming, that pepper spray will be useless.