PDA

View Full Version : Bostjan Nachbar available real cheap!

ceperez
07-12-2008, 11:05 AM
"Once Hayes and Najera sign, the Nets will have the maximum 15 players on their roster, meaning free agent Bostjan Nachbar's days with the team are likely over. Both sides had said they wanted to reach an agreement but had made little progress since free agency began on July 1."

Appears that there may be a lot of affordable players that we can grab from the nets.

Nachbar being one of my top picks that we should land. He's 6-9, however his best season was 06-07 where he made .423 on 3pfg%. I think that'll work out well for the Spurs that need some length at the 3 spot against the likes of Diaw, Harpring, Odom etc. Krstic appears to be also available for $2.7m... should be a nice trade for Bonner.

Sissiborgo
07-12-2008, 11:18 AM
Hell NO!

exstatic
07-12-2008, 11:27 AM
That Slovenian thing hasn't really worked out for the Spurs. Their players seem to have talent, but an extremely passive nature, and that's not a trait that the Spurs are looking for.

ss1986v2
07-12-2008, 11:35 AM
i would want kristic over nachbar. he was hampered by the acl thing all season (he tried to get back too soon), and looked horrible most of last year. but the last two months he started to pick things up again (averaged something close to 9 & 6). dont see how we could get him, but id love it if we could.

but boki wouldnt be a bad option either. and he may actually be obtainable.

King K
07-12-2008, 11:36 AM
his last year stats with Nets is good

Min 22.1
FG% 0.402
3PT% 0.359
FT% 0.786
RBG 3.5
APG 1.2
PPG 9.8

but he can't replace KT!

Marcus Bryant
07-12-2008, 11:37 AM
"Once Hayes and Najera sign, the Nets will have the maximum 15 players on their roster, meaning free agent Bostjan Nachbar's days with the team are likely over. Both sides had said they wanted to reach an agreement but had made little progress since free agency began on July 1."

Appears that there may be a lot of affordable players that we can grab from the nets.

Nachbar being one of my top picks that we should land. He's 6-9, however his best season was 06-07 where he made .423 on 3pfg%. I think that'll work out well for the Spurs that need some length at the 3 spot against the likes of Diaw, Harpring, Odom etc. Krstic appears to be also available for $2.7m... should be a nice trade for Bonner.

That's just the qualifying offer.

Brutalis
07-12-2008, 11:45 AM
Ah shit you saw his Craigslist post too?

angel_luv

I would love it if we signed Nachbar! He has skills and was my favorite player when I lived in Houston.

Get it done, Pop. :)

Aggie Hoopsfan
Nachbar is a pansy. Krstic would be nice.

Mr. Body
07-12-2008, 11:50 AM
Yes to Nachbar. Considering what they have left he'd be a good pick up.

exstatic
07-12-2008, 12:06 PM
I would love it if we signed Nachbar! He has skills and was my favorite player when I lived in Houston.

Get it done, Pop. :)

Didn't see this one coming at all...:p:

ceperez
07-12-2008, 12:07 PM
Well if not Nachbar or Krstic, then how about Sean Williams? We missed out on Diop so he's just as good as shot blocker.

The Nets right now have too many players under contract and need to unload.

itzsoweezee
07-12-2008, 12:07 PM
this is the first time i've ever seen anyone get excited about bostjan nachbar. hopefully, the spurs front office doesn't share your feelings.

Marcus Bryant
07-12-2008, 12:09 PM
I'd rather see Barnes. Snachbar might be ok as the 5th or 6th swingman.

T Park
07-12-2008, 12:10 PM
A wussy euro who has no business being on the team.

Would rather develop Hairston. Pass.

ChumpDumper
07-12-2008, 12:10 PM
With $2 million, we're begging, not choosing.

T Park
07-12-2008, 12:11 PM
Nachbar is a pansy. Krstic would be nice.

Agreed.

Although Krstic was just horrible last year.

angel_luv
07-12-2008, 12:14 PM
Didn't see this one coming at all...:p:

:lol

exstatic
07-12-2008, 12:15 PM
Nachbar is a pansy.

Of course he is. angel_luv is reserving a spot for him in her home for wayward Slovenian Hoops Wuss Boys.

mrspurs
07-12-2008, 12:25 PM
enough with the small ppl.........think big...think bigger then big....how bout some help for timmy.....we got enough short ppl. on the roster to render a meaning no disrepect (a midget convention) ...timmy isnt gonna carry us by himself in the paint this coming season....timmy is gonna get doubled over and over again...and standing next to him you want.....nachbar...?

ChumpDumper
07-12-2008, 12:26 PM
Ok then, who?

ceperez
07-12-2008, 12:33 PM
Let's get real guys! There isn't a lot of money left to go around! The Nets are also maxed out... so if we can get either Nachbar, Krstic or even Sean Williams on a bargain... then we should take it!

While we are at it... we probably should get Elson back for the veteran minimum.

I for one wouldn't like to get Kurt Thomas back if he asks too much for his services. We had trouble against the Hornets and the Lakers simply because our bigs couldn't jump!

Darkwaters
07-12-2008, 12:39 PM
So wait, the Nets have no intention of resigning Krstic? I think we absolutely have to take a shot at him then. We need another post...even if Thomas resigns. Krstic was looking pretty good before the ACL tear, and I think hes worth a shot.

Before we took a shot at Nachbar I'd have to go after Barnes first. But Boki would be OK if the other potential FA's went elsewhere. I liked his game when he was with the Hornets.

Darkwaters
07-12-2008, 12:39 PM
What do we think Krstic's going rate could be now?

ChumpDumper
07-12-2008, 12:41 PM
I think the Nets intend to keep their 'nad.

Big P
07-12-2008, 12:43 PM
What do we think Krstic's going rate could be now?

More than we can afford.

Darkwaters
07-12-2008, 12:44 PM
More than we can afford.

Thats pretty much what I figured. But I thought some people were hinting at it being a realistic goal. I would have thought otherwise.

Big P
07-12-2008, 12:48 PM
Thats pretty much what I figured. But I thought some people were hinting at it being a realistic goal. I would have thought otherwise.

Unless the Nets want Bonner & JV, I don't see how we can get him in a S&T...the Nets extended him a qualifying offer of $2.7 mil. so that is out of our reach using the TE or the LLE...If they dont get anything interesting for Kristic, I'm pretty sure they will have him on their bench.

ChumpDumper
07-12-2008, 12:51 PM
And the Nets aren't too near the tax threshold as far as I can see. If he's in their long term plans, they can afford him.

ss1986v2
07-12-2008, 01:01 PM
And the Nets aren't too near the tax threshold as far as I can see. If he's in their long term plans, they can afford him.
yup. they have a glut of young big men right now (sean williams, josh boone, yi jillian, nenad kristic, brook lopez), but if kristic continues to get back from his injury, he may be the best of that bunch.

unless he plays out the QO, i still think they try and move kristic though. i dont think we have any chance of landing him, but with him due a new contract, and the nets desperate to cut payroll for 2010, i dont see them giving him the contract he would want. but they still value him, and arent going to give him away for peanuts.

Gino2882
07-12-2008, 01:05 PM
Sean Williams defense next to Duncan would be something to watch, but I just don't see anyway it happens. Williams is 21 and cheap, and the Spurs have nothing of significance to offer outside of Mahinmi.

angelbelow
07-12-2008, 01:09 PM
nad or nacbar would be fine additions.

roycrikside
07-12-2008, 02:36 PM
I like Nachbar, he's got a lot of tools, he can run, jump, shoot and I think he's pretty coachable and an exciting player. He was a lot better two seasons ago, but I wouldn't mind the Spurs giving him a shot at all.

Kobayagi
07-12-2008, 05:32 PM
lol@everybody calling him a wuss ... you guys have obviously never seen him play.

Love him but would hate him on the Spurs. Pop seems to find the way to destroy every slovenian's game.

Texas_Ranger
07-12-2008, 05:41 PM
I saw Boki like 3 weeks ago on Slovenian sea. And the guy really needs to go back to the gym... He was looking fat. But if we can get him lets sign him. I gues we need some SF in our team. He also played PF for the Nets, but that sucked. Now it looks like he's got no chance to play 22 minutes for the Nets next year, cause of the new guys there, so if we don't get someone better, get him.

exstatic
07-12-2008, 06:14 PM
lol@everybody calling him a wuss ... you guys have obviously never seen him play.

Love him but would hate him on the Spurs. Pop seems to find the way to destroy every slovenian's game.

I can't really speak about Nachbar, because he hasn't been a Spur, but the two Slovenian players we've had so far have been absolute wusses. If you can't take a coach getting in your face because your effort and intesity are for shit, then you don't belong on a championship contender like the Spurs, and you should possibly go ply your trade in an NBA backwater like Sacto or Toronto where the expectations are somewhat lower.

timvp
07-12-2008, 06:19 PM
Nachbar has my support forever for when he stood up to Karl Malone. He's the only NBA player who I know who retaliated against Malone for one of his cheap shots.

He has a tendency to get fat over the summer and he doesn't enjoy playing defense so he's not a perfect fit. But he's far from a pushover.

tav1
07-12-2008, 06:54 PM
Nachbar has my support forever for when he stood up to Karl Malone. He's the only NBA player who I know who retaliated against Malone for one of his cheap shots.

He has a tendency to get fat over the summer and he doesn't enjoy playing defense so he's not a perfect fit. But he's far from a pushover.

I'm still for waiting a few more weeks until we can see what side is up with the rookies and other free agents. But Nachbar on a 2 year, 3.8 million dollar deal sounds about right. He's long, could play better defense is pushed, and would shoot close to 40% from 3 off of Tim Duncan. In the end, I might prefer a Wilson Chandler to develop in Austin, but as a 3rd 3, Nachbar would do.

manufor3
07-12-2008, 09:28 PM
Sean Williams!

ceperez
07-12-2008, 09:54 PM
Check this video out... dunking on Tim Duncan:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFNc1LcUEec&feature=related

So, can hit the 3 with accuracy and can slam when open. That's a pretty decent player for the 3 spot.

I'm sick and tired of guys like Diaw and Harpring posting up our smaller small forwards!

ceperez
07-12-2008, 10:08 PM
Tell me this guy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-3wXfXSOyU&feature=related

is soft when it comes to playoff basketball??!

Sense
07-12-2008, 10:26 PM
I'd rather not take anything than shit.... cuz that's what Nachbar is...

Sense
07-12-2008, 10:32 PM
Btw those videos just show the skill or Brent Barry at what? Forward? no thanks...
besides he can't pass and he's hella weak.. you're going to need more videos from different dates so you can tell us this guy is legit... seriously I'd choose Gist over him.

ceperez
07-12-2008, 10:49 PM
Let's check the current depth charts:

STARTERS KEY BENCH MORE BENCH
PG Tony Parker George Hill Jacque Vaughn
SG Manu Ginobili Roger Mason Jr. Malik Hairston
SF Bruce Bowen Ime Udoka James Gist
PF Tim Duncan Matt Bonner
C Fabricio Oberto Ian Mahinmi

The problem with this lineup is the SF is too short. Bruce at 6-6, Udoka a 6-5 and Gist at 6-7.

Further, if we get Kurt Thomas, we'll have no money left for the SF position.

My preference then would be:

PG Tony Parker George Hill Jacque Vaughn (waive, or sign as assistant coach)
SG Manu Ginobili Roger Mason Jr. Malik Hairston (league minimum)
SF Bruce Bowen Ime Udoka Boki Nachbar James Gist (league minimum)
PF Tim Duncan Robert Horry (sign, vet minimum) Matt Bonner (?!)

Better yet, we do a 3 team trade with say Raptors and Nets, sending Nachbar to Spurs, Vaughn to Nets and Bonner back to Raptors.

Marcus Bryant
07-12-2008, 10:50 PM
Better yet, we do a 3 team trade with say Raptors and Nets, sending Nachbar to Spurs, Vaughn to Nets and Bonner back to Raptors.

What do New Jersey and Toronto get out of that?

Slomo
07-13-2008, 02:27 AM
I can't really speak about Nachbar, because he hasn't been a Spur, but the two Slovenian players we've had so far have been absolute wusses. If you can't take a coach getting in your face because your effort and intesity are for shit, then you don't belong on a championship contender like the Spurs, and you should possibly go ply your trade in an NBA backwater like Sacto or Toronto where the expectations are somewhat lower.

Explain how Rasho was a wuss. If anything he listened to Pop too much (then again if he didn't, you would probably be calling him stupid right now).

Boki is OK and the Malone incident was a thing of beauty - I've never seen Malone so pissed off. Malone went out of his way to spin the whole incident during his interviews, he just couldn't believe somebody would stand up to him.

As for Nachbar in San Antonio? I like his offensive game but hate his defense - so make up your own minds.

angel_luv
07-14-2008, 11:06 AM
As for Nachbar in San Antonio? I like his offensive game but hate his defense - so make up your own minds.

Do you think Boki is stuck in his defense ways or that he could learn and succeed under Pop's system?

Slo spurs fan
07-14-2008, 11:31 AM
Boki was not a good defender and never will be. But he is good shooter and slasher and plays with A LOT of heart.

remingtonbo2001
07-14-2008, 11:35 AM
Do you think Boki is stuck in his defense ways or that he could learn and succeed under Pop's system?

I think your manager is going to be upset you're not providing quality customer care. :blah

RuffnReadyOzStyle
07-14-2008, 11:37 AM
KT MUST be signed. With Mahinmi coming in, we need he and Oberto around to provide some veteran frontcourt presence.

For the fifth and sixth bigs, trade them Bonner for Krstic (signed for 2.7mil) or S+Ted Williams, and give Nachbar the LLE to play the Bonner role.

:spin

angel_luv
07-14-2008, 11:54 AM
I think your manager is going to be upset you're not providing quality customer care. :blah

I have no customers at the moment.
Furthermore, my boss has no experienced employee in my department other than myself.
My job is safe. :)

spurman20
07-14-2008, 11:57 AM
Let's check the current depth charts:

PG Tony Parker George Hill Jacque Vaughn
SG Manu Ginobili Roger Mason Jr. Malik Hairston
SF Bruce Bowen Ime Udoka James Gist
PF Tim Duncan Matt Bonner

The problem with this lineup is the SF is too short. Bruce at 6-6, Udoka a 6-5 and Gist at 6-7.

Further, if we get Kurt Thomas, we'll have no money left for the SF position.

My preference then would be:

PG Tony Parker George Hill Jacque Vaughn (waive, or sign as assistant coach)
SG Manu Ginobili Roger Mason Jr. Malik Hairston (league minimum)
SF Bruce Bowen Ime Udoka Boki Nachbar James Gist (league minimum)
PF Tim Duncan Robert Horry (sign, vet minimum) Matt Bonner (?!)

Thomas will have no effect on signing another SF...we have his full Bird Rights

Pero
07-14-2008, 02:34 PM
I hope the Spurs don't get him because I think he'd completely suck with them.

ata
07-14-2008, 02:38 PM
He'd landed in Pop's doghouse before Thanksgiving.

The Franchise
07-14-2008, 04:28 PM
If nobody wants Boki in SA we would be glad to take him back in Houston. Van Gundy never should have let him go to begin with.