PDA

View Full Version : Rejected newborn red panda adopted by cat

angel_luv
07-12-2008, 01:42 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/nphotos/Undated-handout-photo-shows-newborn-red-panda-suckling-domestic-cat/photo//080711/photos_od/2008_07_10t105625_450x434_us_redpanda//s:/nm/redpanda_dc;_ylt=ArddAKPgiUeb9B4f5t7FJiMZ.3QA

AMSTERDAM (Reuters) - A newborn red panda rejected by its mother in Amsterdam's Artis zoo has been adopted by a domestic cat, the zoo said Friday.

The cat is nursing the red panda, currently about the size of a kitten, along with her own four kittens, the zoo said.

The red panda was born on June 30 and rejected by its mother soon afterwards. Red pandas look like raccoons and when fully grown are slightly larger than a domestic cat -- substantially smaller than the black and white giant panda.

"They are skilful climbers that, when not foraging on the ground, spend most of their time in the trees curled up with their long, bushy tails wrapped around their heads," the World Wildlife Fund conservation charity said on its website.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/redpanda_dc

aww :)

Brutalis
07-12-2008, 02:14 PM
/female thread

FromWayDowntown
07-12-2008, 02:20 PM
When i hear "red panda" now, I wonder how many bowls are going to be flipped onto its head while balancing on a unicycle in an NBA arena.

angel_luv
07-12-2008, 02:31 PM
When i hear "red panda" now, I wonder how many bowls are going to be flipped onto its head while balancing on a unicycle in an NBA arena.

No joke. She performs for half time at least three times per season.

snoopy
07-12-2008, 04:47 PM
Cats are good people.

Kori Ellis
07-12-2008, 05:23 PM
I'm not a fan of cats. But the other night when we came home, this cat followed us up the driveaway and just came waltzing in the house after us. (Umm... we have two dogs, Mr. Cat.)

So anyway, the dogs weren't in the house, so the cat just goes in the kitchen and starts eating dog food. He finishes off the bowl and looks around for something new. I give him a bowl of hummus to eat. So he munches on that for a while. (Mind you, this cat has one ear - so I kind of feel sorry for him.)

Then, I tell him it's time to leave - he has a collar, so I think he's probably just a neighbor's cat. I put him out front yard. But before I walk in the house, he just comes running back in and back to the kitchen again. We feed him some more, give him some water then I try to make him leave again. He refuses.

So finally, LJ just put him in the backyard. Hopefully, he found his way back home.

[/hijack]

tlongII
07-12-2008, 10:39 PM
I'm not a fan of cats. But the other night when we came home, this cat followed us up the driveaway and just came waltzing in the house after us. (Umm... we have two dogs, Mr. Cat.)

So anyway, the dogs weren't in the house, so the cat just goes in the kitchen and starts eating dog food. He finishes off the bowl and looks around for something new. I give him a bowl of hummus to eat. So he munches on that for a while. (Mind you, this cat has one ear - so I kind of feel sorry for him.)

Then, I tell him it's time to leave - he has a collar, so I think he's probably just a neighbor's cat. I put him out front yard. But before I walk in the house, he just comes running back in and back to the kitchen again. We feed him some more, give him some water then I try to make him leave again. He refuses.

So finally, LJ just put him in the backyard. Hopefully, he found his way back home.

[/hijack]

Please don't tell me the dogs were in the backyard!

ShoogarBear
07-12-2008, 10:50 PM
That cat sounds a lot like a mouse.

lefty
07-12-2008, 11:45 PM
Why was he rejected by his mom anyway?

timvp
07-13-2008, 01:16 AM
Why was he rejected by his mom anyway?

Because it was the red headed stepchild.

lefty
07-13-2008, 01:17 AM
My laziness doesn't push me to read entire posts :bang