PDA

View Full Version : Big Time Players

dbestpro
07-12-2008, 03:58 PM
Maybe most of the Spurs fans cannot see the forest for the trees. Yes, the new additions are not big names, but they are big time players.

Ian will be the new starting center and provide athletic energy that has been missing at the start of the games. Yes, he will get in foul trouble but he will learn and his foul shooting skills are going to make hime very valuable.
His numbers will be 6 ppg and 6 rpg which will be more than enough with Oberto and a resigned Thomas in reserves. Expect his numbers to increase each year until he is a 17ppg and 10prg player.

George Hill will get big time play because Pop wants to prove he is right about the guy. His job will be to score. Look for 6ppg.

Roger Mason Jr is the true enigma. At the minimum he will provide Finley type numbers. Look for Pop to rest Manu a ton in the first half of the season. I would not be surprised is Pop just shut him down until January. If this happens look for Roger to put up Michael Redd numbers. In the end he will average 15ppg or more.

Projected combined input of 25-30 ppg for the new three. Add that to the big three and the current bench and the Spurs will be right back in the mix come playoff time next year.

I can dream can't I.:rolleyes

ggoose25
07-12-2008, 04:00 PM
Some dreams stay dreams, some dreams come true...:flag:

peskypesky
07-12-2008, 04:23 PM
Maybe most of the Spurs fans cannot see the forest for the trees. Yes, the new additions are not big names, but they are big time players.

Ian will be the new starting center and provide athletic energy that has been missing at the start of the games. Yes, he will get in foul trouble but he will learn and his foul shooting skills are going to make hime very valuable.
His numbers will be 6 ppg and 6 rpg which will be more than enough with Oberto and a resigned Thomas in reserves. Expect his numbers to increase each year until he is a 17ppg and 10prg player.

George Hill will get big time play because Pop wants to prove he is right about the guy. His job will be to score. Look for 6ppg.

Roger Mason Jr is the true enigma. At the minimum he will provide Finley type numbers. Look for Pop to rest Manu a ton in the first half of the season. I would not be surprised is Pop just shut him down until January. If this happens look for Roger to put up Michael Redd numbers. In the end he will average 15ppg or more.

Projected combined input of 25-30 ppg for the new three. Add that to the big three and the current bench and the Spurs will be right back in the mix come playoff time next year.

I can dream can't I.:rolleyes

I think Oberto is going to raise his game this year and knock Yao out of the starting center spot on the All-Star team. I'm thinking he'll average 25 and 18.

mrspurs
07-12-2008, 04:59 PM
one thing is for sure.....holt isnt gonna pay big cash to noone but himself....we got another great backhoe operator is all...nothing more, nothing less

honestfool84
07-12-2008, 05:45 PM
i think that can be feasible, if pop rides them hard enough.

no pun intended.

GrandeDavid
07-12-2008, 05:59 PM

I see where you are going with this thread and I can appreciate it and agree with you on most points, but I think you need reconsider your averages. Foremost, if George Hill's job will be to score, then he will fail if he averages a mere 6 ppg in getting "big time play".

But I am optimistic about Mahinmi, Hill, and Mason.

GrandeDavid
07-12-2008, 06:01 PM
I think Oberto is going to raise his game this year and knock Yao out of the starting center spot on the All-Star team. I'm thinking he'll average 25 and 18.

Then he'll become the first volleyball player to make and NBA All Star roster.