PDA

View Full Version : detroit/indy melee ain’t shit

dcole50
02-03-2005, 06:33 PM
not sure if this has been posted ...

Stun Guns Used to Break Up Girls Basketball Fight

A fight broke out in the stands of a girls high school basketball game, forcing police to fire Taser stun guns to stop it and clear the gym.

Three adults and six juveniles were arrested in Prattville, Alabama, and are to be charged with assault, disorderly conduct and refusing to obey an officer, said District Attorney Randall Houston.

Witnesses said the melee, involving dozens of fans, began in an upper deck and spilled onto the floor. It was apparently sparked by an earlier fight between students of the two rival schools, Prattville and Stanhope Elmore, in a fast food restaurant last week.

Police hit some participants with Tasers, which can incapacitate a person with an electrical jolt, Police Chief Alfred Wadsworth said.

“Apparently the same two groups met up at the basketball game tonight, and the altercation continued,” Wadsworth said.

Spectator Kim Nelson said: “I saw two police officers get knocked to the ground before more officers arrived. It was just mayhem; they were acting like animals”

Joanne Heningburg, who has two children on Prattville team, said: “Initially, there were 30, then it started spreading like cockroaches.”

She said more than 100 were involved eventually. “There was no control, no control at all.”

Prattville cheerleader Cherish Cartee said: “People were screaming and running. Girls lost their cell phones. Keys got lost. It’s something I will never forget.”

video (http://www.foxnews.com/video2/set_cookie.html?020305/usw_basketbrawl_020305&FNL&Melee%20in%20Alabama&acc&U.S.%20%26%20World&0)

ShoogarBear
02-03-2005, 09:15 PM
Girls lost their cell phones. Keys got lost. It’s something I will never forget.

Oh, the humanity!

Seriously, it did looked pretty bad. I would think someone could come up with a description that better conveyed what was going on than that airhead.

exstatic
02-03-2005, 10:42 PM
:lol I had three sisters that went to that HS for a year. Bad doesn't even begin to describe the public school systems in Alabama.

dcole50
02-05-2005, 01:19 PM
:lol I had three sisters that went to that HS for a year. Bad doesn't even begin to describe the public school systems in Alabama.prattville in particular. i would argue that these are the two worst schools in the nation.

loved the cell phone comment. it reminds me of a story i read about years ago where a woman commented on how stained the floors were and "what a mess they made of a nice house" while describing a murder scene.

NameDropper
02-05-2005, 01:33 PM
I've heard that the loss of cell phone can leave mental scars for years to come.