PDA

View Full Version : iPhone AT&T Service Plans

Brutalis
07-13-2008, 12:45 PM
http://www.wireless.att.com/cell-phone-service/specials/en/att_nation_chart.gif

Admit it.... who of you are paying that.

Man o man lord knows I'm going to break and do it myself.

Johnny_Blaze_47
07-13-2008, 01:05 PM
I think what I would hate the most of that unlimited plan is that there's no text messages included, but all-in-all, it doesn't seem like $130 is too bad, because, let's face it, there's going to be a premium to any iPhone plan anyway.

Dex
07-13-2008, 01:07 PM
iPod Touch Plan....399 down payment, $0 a month

PixelPusher
07-13-2008, 01:32 PM
I think what I would hate the most of that unlimited plan is that there's no text messages included, but all-in-all, it doesn't seem like $130 is too bad, because, let's face it, there's going to be a premium to any iPhone plan anyway.

SMS is the biggest scam in telecommunications history. 20 cents for a couple of bytes of data?

T Park
07-13-2008, 01:33 PM
Thats the plans?!!?

Oh my god...

Brutalis
07-13-2008, 01:34 PM
iPod Touch Plan....399 down payment, $0 a month

You mean iPhone? I'm confused. You got a link?

Dex
07-13-2008, 01:37 PM
iPod?

iPod Touch.

http://www.marketingpilgrim.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/ipod-touch.jpg

It's like an iPhone, but without the phone or the camera. Or the bill.

Internet works only WiFi, but there are plenty of Wifi spots popping up.

I've already signed my life over to Sprint and get unlimited texting, so I just use my iTouch to get my constant internet fix.

Brutalis
07-13-2008, 01:40 PM
iPod.

http://www.marketingpilgrim.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/ipod-touch.jpg

It's like an iPhone, without the phone or the camera. Or the bill.

Internet works only WiFi, but there are plenty of Wifi spots popping up.

Then.. what do you use for a phone??

And the WiFi thing is a mess. You have to have an ISP set up and in range of your router from what I hear.

Dex
07-13-2008, 05:43 PM
Then.. what do you use for a phone??

And the WiFi thing is a mess. You have to have an ISP set up and in range of your router from what I hear.

I use my phone for a phone. I've been with Sprint for like 6 years and have never had to actually buy a phone, and I'm okay with that. :lol

As for WiFi, you can find public WiFi networks everywhere these days. Most Starbucks and coffeeshops will try to rip you off and pay fees for one-time connections, but a lot of restaurants, malls, and other hangout places are opening up their own free public WiFi networks.

As for having your own WiFi network around your house, that does require hooking up a wireless router to your modem/internet connection, but that's just the way it goes. But as more and more people do that, you can continually find people who aren't smart enough to secure them, and then ta-da, more free internet.

Brutalis
07-13-2008, 05:57 PM
Screw all that and the iPhone.

Consumer reviews have toasted the iPhone 3G. (phonearena.com)

I'm going with the LG Dare with Verizon. Better phone, great reviews, better wireless service, list goes on. And it doesn't require any WiFi BS.

Slydragon
07-13-2008, 08:50 PM
Damn, Sprint has a Simply everything plan for....

Everything your phone, PDA or smartphone can do nationwide — text, surf, email, listen, watch, find and, of course, talk — on one simple plan.
This plan includes

* Unlimited mobile internet and messaging: Web surfing, email, GPS Navigation, Sprint Music, Sprint TV®, BlackBerry® Internet Services (BIS), text, pictures, video
* Domestic long distance and roaming
* 900/450 plans: Unlimited mobile to mobile, night calling starting at 7 p.m. and weekends
* For multiple lines, call 1-866-866-7509 to order
* More about what’s included in this plan

Anytime Minutes Monthly Price Additional Anytime Minutes
450 $69.99 45¢/min
900 $89.99 40¢/min
Unlimited $99.99 Unlimited

I got the 450 $69.99 for my Samsung Instinct and with my work discount it's about 50 bucks. Visual voicemail is also included.

DannyT
07-13-2008, 09:28 PM
I thought you had an iphone ? Heard instinct was a tight ass phone

Slydragon
07-13-2008, 09:51 PM
I thought you had an iphone ? Heard instinct was a tight ass phone

Nope, I have always been with Sprint. My last phone was a Moto Q so compared to that it's way better. I like it, Few small odd thing I miss are. A signature for my texts. How does this phone not have that?

Web needs to be a bit better, I hate scrolling side to side to read everything. I do this allot when I visit SpursTalk at work. The size for the text is too big or too small to read. It needs a option for the middle of the small and the big.

Thunder Dan
07-14-2008, 07:14 AM
are apple stores selling out of Iphones or do they have them available?

leemajors
07-14-2008, 09:14 AM
are apple stores selling out of Iphones or do they have them available?

http://www.apple.com/retail/iphone/availability.html

leemajors
07-14-2008, 09:15 AM
Screw all that and the iPhone.

Consumer reviews have toasted the iPhone 3G. (phonearena.com)

I'm going with the LG Dare with Verizon. Better phone, great reviews, better wireless service, list goes on. And it doesn't require any WiFi BS.

you're an idiot. that site gave the iPhone a good review anyway. Why don't you read a review on a real tech site instead of phonearena.com? The UI on the Dare is a mess.

Thunder Dan
07-14-2008, 11:30 AM
http://www.apple.com/retail/iphone/availability.html

nice thanks! I don't feel like driving there and not getting one...and no way will I wait in line

Brutalis
07-14-2008, 11:47 AM
you're an idiot. that site gave the iPhone a good review anyway. Why don't you read a review on a real tech site instead of phonearena.com? The UI on the Dare is a mess.

The ratings for the iPhone blow. And I have reviewed and compared all day yesterday and the Dare blew it out the water bud. Verizon is a better network regardless. You probably speak from your ass because you got the iPhone anyhow, but I'm an idiot huh. Facts are facts get over it.

Brutalis
07-14-2008, 12:22 PM
PhoneArena
iPhone 3G:
Editor Rating- 8
Consumer Rating 8.1 out of 7 reviews

There are only 7 consumer reviews for this insanely popular phone! Just 7!! And if you read them the Dare is mentioned twice LMAO, along with how the messaging is bunk, and the prices are bunk, and a guy that even rated it 10 said "this is not the best phone out there, but" .. and 7 reviews since June 9th shows me people are buying this phone out of popularity and impulse. Numerous other "tech" sites mention the iPhone wealth has been based on popularity and not quality nor service.
http://www.phonearena.com/htmls/Apple-iPhone-3G-phone-p_2962.html

LG Dare
Editor Rating- 9
Consumer Review- 9.5 out of 95 Reviews

The Dare has 3 months on the iPhone3G which was supposed to be Apple's new and improved iPhone and still failed to compare in reviews and ratings. If you check it out consumers love the fact that WiFi is not needed to access the internet, and that you can picture message and have better call quality to name a few. They even make a version for fat people or fat fingers. The only drawback I have found on the net is the touch screen is not as fancy as the iPhone.
http://www.phonearena.com/htmls/LG-Dare-phone-pb_2669.html

Phone Arena is the biggest consumer guide to reviewing and rating phones. However there is Phone Scoop there in second. If you want to compare phones side by side click...
http://www.phonescoop.com/phones/compare.php?id[]=1656&id[]=1524&id[]=&id[]=&id[]=

Even there does the Dare have better consumer ratings. Like I said facts are facts, and in the end it's about what you like best personally. But the iPhone is a popularity trip therefor I tend to ignore most binge users. If you just want a high res heavier phone with a little bit more battery life and careless about the rest then go with the iPhone. However Dare runs on a better network, contains picture messaging which seems to be the biggest complaint, and does not require WiFi. You are already connected wherever you go with Dare.

So to close, reading those sites, and around the net my conclusion has left me to go check out the Dare, which is in fact the best phone on the market from everything I have read.

Thanks idiot.

leemajors
07-14-2008, 01:10 PM
Why do you think the iPhone requires WiFi? Every single major tech site has the iPhone rated way better than the clunky pos iPhone clone Dare. Engadget, Gizmodo, the list goes on. The only drawback being the screen and the UI should be a clue. We get it, you like Verizon so the Dare is better. :rolleyes

Thunder Dan
07-14-2008, 01:26 PM
<---(Gets popcorn and sits back to watch this argument blossom over cell phones)

Brutalis
07-14-2008, 01:26 PM
I called my AT&T guy in town and he told me about it, that's how dude. And even he said off the record "I wouldn't blame you if you did" meaning go to Verizon and get the Dare. That says a lot. And all I need to know.

:lol

:)

Thunder Dan
07-14-2008, 01:32 PM
I called my AT&T guy in town and he told me about it, that's how dude. And even he said off the record "I wouldn't blame you if you did" meaning go to Verizon and get the Dare. That says a lot. And all I need to know.

:lol

:)

My guy is cooler than your ATT guy

http://weblogs.redeyechicago.com/iphoneblog/images/2007/12/17/zip_chad.jpg

N.Y. Johnny
07-14-2008, 01:36 PM
My guy is cooler than your ATT guy

http://weblogs.redeyechicago.com/iphoneblog/images/2007/12/17/zip_chad.jpg

I agree, too bad Big Red is going to swallow up him and Alltel and his days are numbered. That is if the government approves. :(

Brutalis
07-14-2008, 01:46 PM
Riot

Thunder Dan
07-14-2008, 01:47 PM
I agree, too bad Big Red is going to swallow up him and Alltel and his days are numbered. That is if the government approves. :(

actually, I'm AT&T so my guy isn't as cool as Chad. I'm just a poser and want Chad to be my guy so I lie when people ask

N.Y. Johnny
07-14-2008, 01:49 PM
Chad has the Wizard though. It can change at any minute.

Wizard>U.S. Government

leemajors
07-14-2008, 01:51 PM
maybe you should get a job at an at&t store, they really seem to know their shit. you'd fit right in.

N.Y. Johnny
07-14-2008, 01:58 PM
The greatest argument in the history of man was when the LG Voyager came out.

God, on HowardForums even the Verizon fanboys told themselves it was a superior Phone. It was greater in every dimension. Its not even one of the best phones in Verizons lineup anymore, it never was.

Brutalis
07-14-2008, 02:37 PM
^ Actually it is. Especially for watching TV.

Thunder Dan
07-14-2008, 05:02 PM
I'm getting an Iphone because I think it is cool as hell and chicks always go home with guys with sweet cell phones

T Park
07-15-2008, 12:10 PM
Who is Big Red?

leemajors
07-15-2008, 01:26 PM
verizon