PDA

View Full Version : James Posey needs to be on the Spurs "A" list

carib
07-13-2008, 01:28 PM
“He brings experience, championship experience,” Allen said Friday at the American Century Championship, a celebrity golf tournament at Lake Tahoe. “It’s hard to find a guy who is the sixth man, coming off the bench, that has two rings that doesn’t want to have to shoot the ball all of the time.”

Posey, a 6-foot-8 forward, also was a member of the Miami Heat’s 2005-06 championship team.

The 11-year NBA veteran is seeking at least a four-year contract worth the mid-level exception. He opted out of an option year of $3.2 million to become an unrestricted free agent.

Please make it Happen.

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/basketball/celtics/view/2008_07_13_Ray_stays_in_Posey_s_court/srvc=celt&position=2

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/basketball/celtics/view/2008_07_13_Ray_stays_in_Posey_s_court/srvc=celt&position=2

ss1986v2
07-13-2008, 01:31 PM
“He brings experience, championship experience,” Allen said Friday at the American Century Championship, a celebrity golf tournament at Lake Tahoe. “It’s hard to find a guy who is the sixth man, coming off the bench, that has two rings that doesn’t want to have to shoot the ball all of the time.”

Posey, a 6-foot-8 forward, also was a member of the Miami Heat’s 2005-06 championship team.

The 11-year NBA veteran is seeking at least a four-year contract worth the mid-level exception. He opted out of an option year of $3.2 million to become an unrestricted free agent.

Please make it Happen.

how? we dont have our full MLE left.

T Park
07-13-2008, 01:34 PM
With what money?

Big P
07-13-2008, 01:35 PM

Please make it Happen.

What is with all these stupid ass threads?? It's not going to happen...we have NOTHING to offer him or offer for him in a S&T...let it go

carib
07-13-2008, 01:35 PM
how? we dont have our full MLE left.

The San Antonio Spurs, another team looking for a boost after losing in the Western Conference finals, has shown interest in Posey along with the New Orleans Hornets, a surprise team in the Western Conference last season. There are so much dead weight on the Spurs bench just clean house, and make it happen.

ss1986v2
07-13-2008, 01:37 PM
The San Antonio Spurs, another team looking for a boost after losing in the Western Conference finals, has shown interest in Posey along with the New Orleans Hornets, a surprise team in the Western Conference last season. There are so much dead weight on the Spurs bench just clean house, and make it happen.
you have no idea how the cba or the salary cap works, do you?

short answer, we cant.

Big P
07-13-2008, 01:37 PM

That "report" has been going around since before the whole Maggette thing..it is old news, this is not new, we have no chance at getting him.

T Park
07-13-2008, 01:39 PM

In other words.

Your pulling shit out of thin air and just pontificating blindly.

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-13-2008, 01:42 PM
They don't have enough fucking money, get over it.

duncan228
07-13-2008, 01:42 PM
Marc Stein, ESPN, on Posey yesterday:

James Posey remains the most coveted unrestricted free agent still on the market and New Orleans is being increasingly described as perhaps the biggest threat to Boston keeping him.

The champs are said to be reluctant to offer the 31-year-old a deal longer than three years starting at the $5.6 million midlevel exception, but the Celtics are bracing for a difficult decision depending on how high rival suitors are willing to bid, and given Posey's immeasurable contributions to their title run.

Getting Posey would be a huge coup for the Hornets, who are desperate to fortify their thin bench and import a glue guy knows how to win, as Posey has proven in Miami and Boston.

Washington is highly interested as well, but the Wizards have to find a way to shed a salary or two to have the financial flexibility to make a representative bid.

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=101120

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/column...FA-News-080712

200 miles
07-13-2008, 01:49 PM
James Posey needs to be on the Spurs "B" list

Kurt Thomas needs to be on the Spurs "A" list

That is all.

brettn
07-13-2008, 01:59 PM
Nah, we should just kick him off any and all of our "lists" since we have no chance of landing him.

benefactor
07-13-2008, 02:00 PM

That is all.
Actually Posey doesn't need to be on any list for the Spurs, because acquiring him is about as likely as us trading Manu. Anyone with a fifth grade education can see we don't have the pieces or the funds. Thomas is the priority now. If we get to use whats left of the exceptions to bring in another role player, fine. But stop chasing players in your mind that are pointless to consider.

angelbelow
07-13-2008, 02:00 PM

That is all.

+:lobt:

xtremesteven33
07-13-2008, 02:03 PM
Barry shouldve been our A list

benefactor
07-13-2008, 02:06 PM
Barry shouldve been our A list
Honestly, I think Barry already had his mind made up, hence the quick move towards Roger Mason to fill his spot. Might not be true but thats kinda how it felt.

SenorSpur
07-13-2008, 02:08 PM
Marc Stein, ESPN, on Posey yesterday:

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=101120

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/column...FA-News-080712

Please God. Don't let him go to New Orleans.

FromWayDowntown
07-13-2008, 02:08 PM
I don't understand why the Spurs haven't tried to sign Kobe Bryant.

Talk about someone who should be on the Spurs' A list!!!!!

mrspurs
07-13-2008, 02:53 PM
i dont like anyones A list in here...kurt is to short and old, and josey isnt gonna happen...gotta a b list?

T Park
07-13-2008, 02:55 PM
i dont like anyones A list in here...kurt is to short and old, and josey isnt gonna happen...gotta a b list?

To short?

Is that a new team?

Mister Sinister
07-13-2008, 03:01 PM
Are any of the Pussycats available?

Tully365
07-13-2008, 03:03 PM

My thoughts exactly. There are a lot of threads that involve getting guys that are out of reach and trading Bonner + scraps for really good players. Maybe there should be a contest for most unlikely scenario thread. Here's mine: take the left over MLE money, build a Time Machine, go back to 1975, kidnap Artis Gilmore and Dr J, & bring them back to 2008. Bam! All problems solved! Our opening day line-up:

C, Artis Gilmore
PF, Tim Duncan
SF, Julius Erving
SG, Manu Ginobili
PG, Tony Parker

Game over. Do It RC!

pad300
07-13-2008, 03:05 PM
We should try an work something with the Wizards so they get the salary cap space from our Beno TE. Keeping Posey away from NO would be a worthwhile expenditure of that...

GrandeDavid
07-13-2008, 05:33 PM

:lol

Exactly. And Kobe and Pop apparently like each other. Make it happen!

Spurtacus
07-13-2008, 05:39 PM
Would a sign and trade still work?

Bonner + 2nd round pick + cash (Phoenix cash perhaps) for Posey? Celtics could use an awesome perimeter shooter and I can't think of anyone better than Bonner. :lol

Mal
07-13-2008, 07:24 PM
Would a sign and trade still work?

Bonner + 2nd round pick + cash (Phoenix cash perhaps) for Posey? Celtics could use an awesome perimeter shooter and I can't think of anyone better than Bonner. :lol

They will have the best redheaded bench duo in history. Bonner + Scalabrine :lmao

MarHill
07-13-2008, 07:56 PM

That's funny!! hahahahahaha!!!

Why not go after Dwight Howard...while we are at it! LOL!!

Oh my....I love our unrealistic Spurs fans!! LOL!!

Obstructed_View
07-14-2008, 04:02 AM
That's funny!! hahahahahaha!!!

Why not go after Dwight Howard...while we are at it! LOL!!

Oh my....I love our unrealistic Spurs fans!! LOL!!

Whooooosh...

Sissiborgo
07-14-2008, 07:33 AM
I'd like to get him!

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-14-2008, 08:05 AM
Whooooosh...

:rollin

lefty
07-14-2008, 10:05 AM

Umm, let me see:

- ballhog
- doesn't do shit when his team needs him.

No thanks

ducks
07-14-2008, 10:07 AM
Umm, let me see:

- ballhog
- doesn't do shit when his team needs him.

No thanks

kobe or manu?

lefty
07-14-2008, 10:41 AM
kobe or manu?

Manu was playing one 1 leg during the WCF.

And we don't have a lot of offensive options, that's why he has to take so many shots.

And also because Tony Parker is overrated

beachwood
07-14-2008, 02:58 PM
Exactly. I wish the Spurs could pull off a miracle and get Posey, but since a miracle isn't likely, I hope he stays in Boston. Posey going to NO would be hard to take.

nkdlunch
07-14-2008, 03:03 PM
kobe or manu?

more like parker before 2005