PDA

View Full Version : Robert Horry.....What's The Status?

davi78239
07-13-2008, 01:43 PM
Is he gone for good or will the spurs just give him the minimum after they're done. On 1250, I heard one day that he does wanna come back for the spurs, even at the least he can be paid. He also said that with this, if he wasn't back on the team it's because the spurs simply didn't want him. Has anyone heard anything?

spurman20
07-13-2008, 01:44 PM
Is he gone for good or will the spurs just give him the minimum after they're done. On 1250, I heard one day that he does wanna come back for the spurs, even at the least he can be paid. He also said that with this, if he wasn't back on the team it's because the spurs simply didn't want him. Has anyone heard anything?

Spurs not bringing him back

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-13-2008, 01:45 PM
Haven't heard anything yet either. I think their plan is to only bring him back if every other decent f/c is gone.

Brutalis
07-13-2008, 01:50 PM
Still breathing.

Rescueone
07-13-2008, 01:58 PM
Rob needs to hang up his shoes and put on a suit coat to be one of Pops assistants. Love ya Rob, but you could be more productive on the Spurs bench mentoring the new Spurs: Mason, Gist, Ian, Hill and Hairston.

xtremesteven33
07-13-2008, 01:59 PM
i would like horry back.

he had a bad year last year and could never get it going. we all know his impact during the playoffs and im sure the spurs are considering that also

benefactor
07-13-2008, 02:03 PM
Horry is starting to become our Brett Favre...please just go away and retire.

SenorSpur
07-13-2008, 02:04 PM
:nope :sleep

Spurs Brazil
07-13-2008, 03:10 PM
I think the Spurs will wait and see how the rookies will do in the Summer League before think about Horry

sprrs
07-13-2008, 03:18 PM
i would like horry back.

he had a bad year last year and could never get it going. we all know his impact during the playoffs and im sure the spurs are considering that also

He was actually playing pretty well last year before he got injured, then he never really got into a rhythm.

Tully365
07-13-2008, 03:20 PM
I think the Spurs will wait and see how the rookies will do in the Summer League before think about Horry

I agree. Horry's still a back-up or insurance plan. If Mahinmi breaks an ankle in summer league, or Oberto gets hurt in the Olympics, Horry would be a good guy to have handy.

Spurs Brazil
07-13-2008, 03:23 PM
I agree. Horry's still a back-up or insurance plan. If Mahinmi breaks an ankle in summer league, or Oberto gets hurt in the Olympics, Horry would be a good guy to have handy.

And if the Spurs like Gist or Malik they need open roster spots to sign them

AusSpursFan
07-13-2008, 04:20 PM
Love the guy, but Horry provided no assistance whatsoever off the bench in this year's playoffs campaign. We can't afford that liability again, it is time to retire.

Tully365
07-13-2008, 04:31 PM

It's like getting a flat tire in the middle of Death Valley and then checking the trunk to find that there is no spare. What do you do? Walking will take an entire day and you might die of thirst, but driving on the flat might cause damage to the rim and be a little more expensive... Horry is our car with a flat right now. The ride might get bumpy, but it beats hiking on a hot desert highway.

Obstructed_View
07-13-2008, 05:09 PM
I think the Spurs should have Finley and Horry fight to the death for the final roster spot.

Sway
07-13-2008, 05:23 PM
...hopefully retired.

Spurtacus
07-13-2008, 05:28 PM
I'd take Horry over Bonner. Maybe even Gist over both depending upon summer league.

Man of Steel
07-13-2008, 06:04 PM
Big Shot Rob had a fantastic career.

The fact that he is getting no attention from any teams is a shame.

Still--I also don't see SA bringing him back exce[t maybe during the season because of an emergency. Otherwise, he should become Coach Horry and join Pop's stable of assistants.

SenorSpur
07-13-2008, 06:42 PM
Big Shot Rob had a fantastic career.

The fact that he is getting no attention from any teams is a shame.

Still--I also don't see SA bringing him back exce[t maybe during the season because of an emergency. Otherwise, he should become Coach Horry and join Pop's stable of assistants.

It's a shame, but not unexpected. The rest of the league was watching the playoffs too. A player's rep can only take him so far.

Septic
07-14-2008, 03:34 AM
I hope rigamortis has set in.

Sissiborgo
07-14-2008, 07:34 AM
Let him go

Fabbs
07-14-2008, 07:54 AM
Would have liked to have seen Horry get the last shot in Gm 1 vs the Flakers.
Not injured Manu.

Not the way to have Horry go out.

hater
07-14-2008, 08:38 AM
it's Bonner who needs to retire

SAGambler
07-14-2008, 09:17 AM
it's Bonner who needs to retire

And I bet you are one of the "we must get younger" crowd too. Let's get rid of a 28 yo for a 38yo. Makes sense to me.

For the past 4 years Horrys numbers have been on a steady decline. Horry is a shell of his former self. It's time he realized he has nothing left to offer on the court, and hang up his sneakers.

Bonner, on the other hand, can still be a force, given the minutes. He brings hustle and another 3 pt threat. Is a good FT shooter and a decent rebouder. We could do a lot worse for the money.

hater
07-14-2008, 09:48 AM
And I bet you are one of the "we must get younger" crowd too. Let's get rid of a 28 yo for a 38yo. Makes sense to me.

For the past 4 years Horrys numbers have been on a steady decline. Horry is a shell of his former self. It's time he realized he has nothing left to offer on the court, and hang up his sneakers.

Bonner, on the other hand, can still be a force, given the minutes. He brings hustle and another 3 pt threat. Is a good FT shooter and a decent rebouder. We could do a lot worse for the money.

Bonner can be a force? :lol

please, open your eyes. Come playoff time and God forbid, we have 2 options on the bench, a 38 year old Horry or a 28 year old Bonner. I will pick Horry to come in 99.9% of the time.

in other words an old and broke down Horry still >> Bonner

beleive me, I would like Horry to retire too, but not before Bonner is out of the team and we have a better option.

SenorSpur
07-14-2008, 10:02 AM
Bonner can be a force? :lol

please, open your eyes. Come playoff time and God forbid, we have 2 options on the bench, a 38 year old Horry or a 28 year old Bonner. I will pick Horry to come in 99.9% of the time.

in other words an old and broke down Horry still >> Bonner

beleive me, I would like Horry to retire too, but not before Bonner is out of the team and we have a better option.

How about neither as an option?:bang

xtremesteven33
07-14-2008, 10:30 AM
i just get a bad feeling that if Horry leaves the spurs hell join a contender and burn us next time we play him.

and the funny thing is if that were to happen, all the people here on ST who are asking for his release right now will say they never should have let hin go.

Spuradicator
07-14-2008, 10:32 AM
i just get a bad feeling that if Horry leaves the spurs hell join a contender and burn us next time we play him.

and the funny thing is if that were to happen, all the people here on ST who are asking for his release right now will say they never should have let hin go.

I think he is pretty much done, but I would bring him back. Its good to have that old veteran on the bench that gets marginal minutes.

xtremesteven33
07-14-2008, 10:38 AM
I think he is pretty much done, but I would bring him back. Its good to have that old veteran on the bench that gets marginal minutes.

especially in the playoffs.

if Horry can play around 10-20 minutes a game during the regular season, that should be enough to get him into shape and a rythym for the playoffs

wijayas
07-14-2008, 10:45 AM
As much as we love Big Shot Rob, it is time to bid farewell. Mahinmi, Bonner etc. won't grow with Horry having their minutes.

Finley must go as well.

xtremesteven33
07-14-2008, 10:51 AM
no reason why Bonner should be here. he costs too much for what he brings to the team and is too short for a PF, and too big for a SG.

urunobili
07-14-2008, 10:56 AM
Horry should stay. period.

Bonner is crap and expensive

SpursFanInAustin
07-14-2008, 11:03 AM
I'd only want Horry back in a Ferry/Willis role from 2003. Yeah he's done as a rotation player, but like some others, I'd take old washed up Horry over the Red Rocket.

Some of you guys only remember the Lakers series and forget how clutch he played vs the Hornets on the road in Game 7. Plus, Horry brings that enforcer attitude (ie hit on David West in Game 6), that Bonner doesn't bring.

nil.ball
07-14-2008, 11:08 AM
Hope he doesn't end up on the rockets roster.

ehz33satx
07-14-2008, 11:59 AM

My thoughts exactly! Why does Pop forsake Bonner and his genuine hustle for Horry and his coasting the whole season, only to hopefully turn it on during the playoffs? He goes with the veteran players out of loyalty. Pop has always done that. Remember Van Exel and his gimp shoulder? Who got forsaken? Beno Udrih.

ehz33satx
07-14-2008, 12:06 PM
Hope he doesn't end up on the rockets roster.

If he ends up on the Rockets, I would venture to think that our GM Dennis Lindsey is still being employed by his former team. The Spurs have been losing out on alot of good NBA quality players since he has been employed here in San Antonio.

Extra Stout
07-14-2008, 12:09 PM
Horry just signed an endorsement deal for Medicare gap insurance.

SpursChampsIII
07-14-2008, 12:18 PM
They should probably bring Horry and Finley back for insurance. This will allow Hairston and Gist to gain experience in the NBDL, and when (if) they are ready, you can always find an injury for Horry or Finley. Horry may not be able to shoot anymore, but he can block a shot, rebound, and give a hard foul when you need him to.

nkdlunch
07-14-2008, 12:26 PM
He goes with the veteran players out of loyalty. Pop has always done that. Remember Van Exel and his gimp shoulder? Who got forsaken? Beno Udrih.

not this again. :bang

Beno could not dribble the ball past half court when pressured. Bonner did tons of bonehead plays to deserve benching.

on the other hand, look at Udoka, he won his minutes.

this crap that Pop screwed Bonner, Beno, Devin Brown, etc, etc is a myth!!!

nil.ball
07-14-2008, 01:39 PM
If he ends up on the Rockets, I would venture to think that our GM Dennis Lindsey is still being employed by his former team. The Spurs have been losing out on alot of good NBA quality players since he has been employed here in San Antonio.

No he is currently employed by the Spurs. But he does work for us though, you guys just write the pay checks.

Obstructed_View
07-14-2008, 03:41 PM
not this again. :bang

Beno could not dribble the ball past half court when pressured. Bonner did tons of bonehead plays to deserve benching.

on the other hand, look at Udoka, he won his minutes.

this crap that Pop screwed Bonner, Beno, Devin Brown, etc, etc is a myth!!!

I'd be interested in some examples of how Bonner played his way into the doghouse getting shit minutes when they knew what he was when they paid him all that money. Did he turn it over once? Since everyone points to four turnovers as the reason Beno sucks, then there has to be at least that much evidence to prove what a terrible decision it was to get Bonner here.

nkdlunch
07-14-2008, 04:25 PM
even though Bonner did his share of bonehead plays all throughout the season. He did have a "decent" season but when Pop tried to insert him a few times in the playoffs... He ended up embarrasing the entire team in a few plays and was benched. This happened a few times.

on the other hand, Udoka came in and did good things most of the season and playoffs. and earned his minutes.

spurman20
07-14-2008, 04:27 PM
The fact that this is a Horry Thread and we are talking about Beno and Bonner should tell you what we think about Horry...........HES DONE