ChumpDumper
07-13-2008, 09:29 PM
:lol

Extra credit for the Angela Davis afro.

xrayzebra
07-13-2008, 09:37 PM
Dumb people don't get satire.

You drank the whole glass of kool-aid.:lol

Satire when they do. Offensive and obscene if a right-wing mag had done it. Got it. Nice job they did on the satire. Especially the flag burning in the fire place.

ChumpDumper
07-13-2008, 09:41 PM
Satire when they do. Offensive and obscene if a right-wing mag had done it. Got it.Took you long enough. Difference is the right-wingers want you to believe it's true.

TheProfessor
07-13-2008, 09:55 PM

Satire when they do. Offensive and obscene if a right-wing mag had done it. Got it. Nice job they did on the satire. Especially the flag burning in the fire place.
You're not really that dense, are you?

balli
07-13-2008, 09:59 PM
Ray, you're a fucking moron.

PixelPusher
07-13-2008, 10:18 PM

^ dumb people don't get satire.

ElNono
07-13-2008, 10:32 PM
You're on a roll Ray... first Schumer, now this?
What's next? Liberals ate your lunch?

JoeChalupa
07-14-2008, 08:05 AM
Those bastards!!

xrayzebra
07-14-2008, 10:28 AM
Took you long enough. Difference is the right-wingers want you to believe it's true.

Who keeps bring up the issue of race? Not the Republicans.

Ray, you're a fucking moron.

Huffing and puffing again I see.

No, they try to. But they are Liberals after all. Libs have a hard time figuring things out.

JoeChalupa
07-14-2008, 10:30 AM
FoxNews love to bring up the race issue and so does Rush. You have to be blind or deaf not to see it or hear it.

xrayzebra
07-14-2008, 10:34 AM
FoxNews love to bring up the race issue and so does Rush. You have to be blind or deaf not to see it or hear it.

Rush brings up the quotes from the Dems, Joe. It is a little hard to do a shows like Rush's where he quotes from so many sources without bringing up Barry's race. Actually it isn't his race. It is one he has taken or assumed.

Spurminator
07-14-2008, 11:54 AM
Offensive and obscene if a right-wing mag had done it.

Why would a conservative magazine satirize themselves?

DarrinS
07-14-2008, 11:58 AM
That's not an actual photo of the Obama's?

Extra Stout
07-14-2008, 12:06 PM
That depiction has been altered from the photo original.

1) The crack pipe is missing.
2) The prayer mat has been replaced with a carpet.
3) The Qu'ran on the bookshelf has been replaced by a clock.
4) The Bible in the fireplace with the flag is missing.
5) The white woman tied up in the corner has been replaced by a chair.
6) The Arabic inscription atop the wall reading "There is no God but God and Mohammed is his prophet" has been replaced by crown molding.

2centsworth
07-14-2008, 12:13 PM

you're way off my man. the only one bringing up race are the dems with the race card.

Spurminator
07-14-2008, 12:17 PM
This is the equivalent of a conservative magazine making a cover depicting Bush and McCain sharing a couple of 40's next to a table with piles of classified papers detailing the U.S. Government's 9/11 conspiracy.

In that case I'm certain there would also be morons on both sides who don't get it.

2centsworth
07-14-2008, 12:34 PM
This is the equivalent of a conservative magazine making a cover depicting Bush and McCain sharing a couple of 40's next to a table with piles of classified papers detailing the U.S. Government's 9/11 conspiracy.

In that case I'm certain there would also be morons on both sides who don't get it.

the equivalent would be McCain and Bush in a KKK uniform tending to their black slaves and starving innocent children.

MannyIsGod
07-14-2008, 12:45 PM
the equivalent would be McCain and Bush in a KKK uniform tending to their black slaves and starving innocent children.

I'd give mad props to the magazine with the balls to run that cover.

MannyIsGod
07-14-2008, 12:46 PM
I gotta admit - seeing that cover above just makes me laugh. Thats pretty damn good. And for some reason I just keep seeing WC saying that no respectable people dap.

Oh man. Nice.

Spurminator
07-14-2008, 12:46 PM

Sure, that would work too.

And you'd have Liberals hanging it on their walls and saying "See, even the NATIONAL REVIEW admits they're monsters."

And you'd have Conservatives cancelling subscriptions and complaining about how offensive the cover is.

This is why The New Yorker isn't a very mainstream magazine, because it operates on a different plane. They've even been known to have articles that are longer than two pages and don't have pictures.

DarrinS
07-14-2008, 12:56 PM

The Nation hasn't already used that cover? I'm surprised.

DarrinS
07-14-2008, 12:58 PM
That's a pretty poorly drawn caricature of Obama. If I were to walk past that on the news stand, I don't even think I'd do a double-take.

2centsworth
07-14-2008, 01:13 PM
Sure, that would work too.

And you'd have Liberals hanging it on their walls and saying "See, even the NATIONAL REVIEW admits they're monsters."

And you'd have Conservatives cancelling subscriptions and complaining about how offensive the cover is.

This is why The New Yorker isn't a very mainstream magazine, because it operates on a different plane. They've even been known to have articles that are longer than two pages and don't have pictures.

I'm not complaining. I like freedom of speech.

2centsworth
07-14-2008, 01:15 PM

I'm cool with that. What scares me is if the obama picture was on a conservative rag would there be liberals trying to censor it as hateful? Would there be hate speech lawsuits?

Spurminator
07-14-2008, 01:19 PM
I'm not complaining. I like freedom of speech.

I didn't mean you, I think we're in agreement here.

It's really sad to read the comments on various sites about this... I know our school systems are lousy but it's pretty amazing how many people are completely misinterpreting this cover.

2centsworth
07-14-2008, 01:24 PM
I didn't mean you, I think we're in agreement here.

It's really sad to read the comments on various sites about this... I know our school systems are lousy but it's pretty amazing how many people are completely misinterpreting this cover.

the other side is why are people so concerned about the interpretation? It's still a free country. If you don't like it, don't buy it.

Spurminator
07-14-2008, 02:20 PM
I'm cool with that. What scares me is if the obama picture was on a conservative rag would there be liberals trying to censor it as hateful? Would there be hate speech lawsuits?

If the conservative magazine was satirizing Obama, then that would be different. The New Yorker is not making fun of Obama here... they're making fun of conservatives (not all conservatives, but the ones who like to play up the idea that Obama and his wife are America-hating terrorist sympathizers.)

2centsworth
07-14-2008, 03:28 PM
If the conservative magazine was satirizing Obama, then that would be different. The New Yorker is not making fun of Obama here... they're making fun of conservatives (not all conservatives, but the ones who like to play up the idea that Obama and his wife are America-hating terrorist sympathizers.)

it would be different if it was a conservative mag, but would it matter. I rather things like that be out in the open and discussed. I would feel the exact same way if a liberal mag painted Bush and McCain the way i described. Protect Free-Speech!

JoeChalupa
07-14-2008, 03:32 PM
you're way off my man. the only one bringing up race are the dems with the race card.

No, I'm not. You just hear and see what you want. I stand by my post.

JoeChalupa
07-14-2008, 03:33 PM
it would be different if it was a conservative mag, but would it matter. I rather things like that be out in the open and discussed. I would feel the exact same way if a liberal mag painted Bush and McCain the way i described. Protect Free-Speech!

I've got nothing against Free-Speech or that damn liberal rag.

2centsworth
07-14-2008, 03:45 PM
No, I'm not. You just hear and see what you want. I stand by my post.

that's what I'm saying, you hear what you want.

mouse
07-14-2008, 07:23 PM
I wonder what they can do to make McCain look funny.

mouse
07-14-2008, 07:51 PM
http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p55/RackTheMouse/Obama.jpg

Wild Cobra
07-14-2008, 08:04 PM

Thing is this.

Schumer is in a position to know such things. Maybe he wasn't the cause of the failure, but his position grants him knowledge that people respond to. The theory is that the pulling out of investments causing the lending company to go bankrupt was because of what Schumer said. Not from information known otherwise. The company would have remained solvent if the investors hadn't taken their money out. They took their money out after Chucky's statement.

I know this doesn't make much sense until experienced. I was almost fired once for what I thought were innocent statements. I once made some statements why I didn't think such an action would take place in the fortune 500 company I worked for in a chat room. They didn't like it. Even though it was opinion, and I was in no position to factually know, my statement was taken very serious. It was taken very serious because I outlined my position so well, the logic was flawless. I had a serious talk to about how investors respond to such employee statements. My unsaid response was that they were obvious lying to powerful people to worry about my forum statement.

The only think that saved my skin was I wasn't trying to hid my identity or anything. I used my real name for my handle and told people where I worked. The company knew I was not intentionally doing anything wrong, and I was one of the best technicians they had. This was 8-9 years ago. I no longer work there. It had to do with why 200 mm wafers would remain dominant over the 300 mm wafers in the near future of my employer in the semicondictor industry. But then I was working with 300 mm since 1996 with my previous employer too. I really did know stuff about them nobody else did since I was the first to do the CMP process on 300 mm oxide wafers ever.

NASCARdad
07-14-2008, 08:40 PM
that's what I'm saying, you hear what you want.

I'm with ya buddy. To hell with that Obama muslim loving fool. Us real Americans need to stick together.

Tree hugger
07-14-2008, 11:07 PM
http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p55/RackTheMouse/Obama.jpg

:tu

PixelPusher
07-14-2008, 11:42 PM
Thing is this.

Schumer is in a position to know such things. Maybe he wasn't the cause of the failure, but his position grants him knowledge that people respond to. The theory is that the pulling out of investments causing the lending company to go bankrupt was because of what Schumer said. Not from information known otherwise. The company would have remained solvent if the investors hadn't taken their money out. They took their money out after Chucky's statement.

I know this doesn't make much sense until experienced. I was almost fired once for what I thought were innocent statements. I once made some statements why I didn't think such an action would take place in the fortune 500 company I worked for in a chat room. They didn't like it. Even though it was opinion, and I was in no position to factually know, my statement was taken very serious. It was taken very serious because I outlined my position so well, the logic was flawless. I had a serious talk to about how investors respond to such employee statements. My unsaid response was that they were obvious lying to powerful people to worry about my forum statement.

The only think that saved my skin was I wasn't trying to hid my identity or anything. I used my real name for my handle and told people where I worked. The company knew I was not intentionally doing anything wrong, and I was one of the best technicians they had. This was 8-9 years ago. I no longer work there. It had to do with why 200 mm wafers would remain dominant over the 300 mm wafers in the near future of my employer in the semicondictor industry. But then I was working with 300 mm since 1996 with my previous employer too. I really did know stuff about them nobody else did since I was the first to do the CMP process on 300 mm oxide wafers ever.

Schumer wasn't an employee of Indy Mac; he can say whatever the hell he wants. And what he said was, well, you know...TRUE! Why should the corporation take precedence over the stockholders?

herzlman
07-25-2008, 12:39 PM
As a member of the community with an IQ above 4, I think I can speak for all of us by saying that we actually can tell the difference between satire and hate speech.

Jonathan Swift's A Modest Proposal was the first in a long line of satires that was taken seriously by moron conservatives.