PDA

View Full Version : Anybody know how much Kurt Thomas will cost the Spurs?

wijayas
07-14-2008, 10:50 AM
And do we have the money? Do you think the FO has the resolve to retain KT even if it means a bidding war against the Warriors and Lakers?

PS: Sorry if this has been posted before...

coopdogg3
07-14-2008, 10:56 AM
Spurs have his full Bird Rights. So no one can outspend the Spurs. But seeing how the Spurs have no intention of paying KT the max, that shouldn't come into play. I doubt GS or the Lakers will go over $4million/year. Which should be what the Spurs are willing to pay.

wijayas
07-14-2008, 11:02 AM
Spurs have his full Bird Rights. So no one can outspend the Spurs. But seeing how the Spurs have no intention of paying KT the max, that shouldn't come into play. I doubt GS or the Lakers will go over $4million/year. Which should be what the Spurs are willing to pay.

Thanks. It is reassuring to know GS and Lakers won't go into a bidding war. If they do, Spurs FO will probably yield.

BacktoBasics
07-14-2008, 11:07 AM
I believe thats what we're all waiting to find out. The Spurs know that they have the luxury of waiting to see if they need to match someone or be able to get him a little cheaper. I don't think we'll see any other signings until KT is taken care of which could take awile.

Unless we can find someone for the LLE. That'll have no bearing on the KT signing.

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-14-2008, 12:16 PM
$3.50

oligarchy
07-14-2008, 12:18 PM
$3.50

Actually, there's a dollar off coupon in this Sunday's paper.