PDA

View Full Version : 08-09 MVP Race

Brandon Bass
07-14-2008, 12:02 PM
So who is the frontrunner going into the next season?

mistwiya
07-14-2008, 12:09 PM
Chris Paul

Findog
07-14-2008, 12:14 PM
The Basshole for sure.

BRHornet45
07-14-2008, 12:54 PM
Chris "by God" Paul sons

Avery_Johnson
07-14-2008, 12:59 PM
Chris "by God" Paul sons

son you are one smart son when it comes to tha gaeme of basssketbawll. Maybe we can go out one night and sip on some o dat birra and tawk about tha gaeme of bassketbawwwlll.

Boston Pancake
07-14-2008, 01:01 PM
KG, fucksticks, but my man Pauly P deserves to be on this list!

Boston Pancake
07-14-2008, 01:06 PM
http://img241.imageshack.us/img241/648/pierceqn8.jpg

blood, sweat, & tears motherfucks! that's what makes an MVP:lobt2:

MagnusKrauss
07-17-2008, 01:51 AM
blood, sweat, & tears motherfucks! that's what makes an MVP:lobt2:

if this was true, then the MVP should be Sasha Pavlovic.

KidCongo
07-17-2008, 01:57 AM
Greg Oden

Showtime24 LAKERS
07-17-2008, 04:07 AM
http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn157/nwo_021/KobeMVP.jpg
Kobe Jelly Bean Bryant, Mr. MVP himself!!!

endrity
07-17-2008, 05:12 AM
Paul starts as a favourit, with LBJ and Howard right behind him.

And no way Kobe wins it again. Let's just call it the Dirk effect, namely that if you get the MVP but somehow leave people wanting for more in the playoffs, than it doesn't matter what you do, you are not winning it again. Unless the Lakers win smth close to 70 games.

Ghazi
07-17-2008, 07:00 AM
Nassty Bassty

JamStone
07-17-2008, 08:06 AM
Greg Oden

Clearly.

monosylab1k
07-17-2008, 12:46 PM
And no way Kobe wins it again. Let's just call it the Dirk effect, namely that if you get the MVP but somehow leave people wanting for more in the playoffs, than it doesn't matter what you do, you are not winning it again. Unless the Lakers win smth close to 70 games.

I'd agree, but the media doesn't judge Kobe & Dirk the same way. The media has always been excessively harsh in their judgements of Dirk. Kobe has worked his way back as a media darling. I could see Kobe easily winning another MVP next year if the Lakers finish on top of the West again.

manufor3
07-17-2008, 12:51 PM
too early to tell, but CP3

Juanobili
07-17-2008, 02:03 PM
probably Chris Paul

JamStone
07-17-2008, 03:59 PM
Lately, Cleveland mostly waltzes or discos.

ThunderStix®
07-17-2008, 05:19 PM
:lol At Brandon Bass getting 14 votes.

Ill Cosby
07-17-2008, 05:36 PM
Young Chris Pizzle

:lol At Brandon Bass getting 14 votes.

Exactly

:lol @ anybody who think Kobe got it for any other reason than politics

JamStone
07-17-2008, 06:02 PM

So Kobe did not statistically or performance wise put together an MVP caliber regular season last year?

That's pretty foolish to imply.

If Kobe averaged 15 ppg and missed half the season due to injury and still won the MVP, then that would be politics. His regular season numbers and his team's regular season record fully support his winning the League MVP last season.

Showtime24 LAKERS
07-17-2008, 06:41 PM

Kobe's numbers are the only ones that are best against "good" teams. Paul and James both progressively do better as the competition worsens. Now, you might say this shows Kobe isn't as good against the bad teams and thus it balances out or try to imply that Bryant doesn't try as hard against poor teams, but that is actually not what is taking place. Bryant has a rare style of play. He feels games out. I'm sure many people remember his infamous quote against the Spurs, "I can get mine whenever I want." Against poor teams this year, and this is a noted observation from Tex Winter, Bryant focused on facilitating the offense, "getting people involved", and trying to speed the development of the young guys. It is no surprise he got his first MVP in the process.

Ill Cosby
07-18-2008, 06:08 PM
So Kobe did not statistically or performance wise put together an MVP caliber regular season last year?

That's pretty foolish to imply.

If Kobe averaged 15 ppg and missed half the season due to injury and still won the MVP, then that would be politics. His regular season numbers and his team's regular season record fully support his winning the League MVP last season.

I never said, he didn't deserve to be in the runnin, but I still believe when it comes to being the most valuable, even Lebron was more valuable. But Chris Paul turned a nobody team into championship contenders. Yes the MVP is a award reflective of the regular season, but the Hornets went from 'not to mention at all' to Top 3.

Kobe was doin' what the hell he was suppose to do since Shaq left.

Don't give me the "Kobe wins cuz he had the number one record in the West". The Lakers were only one game ahead of the Hornets and Spurs, not enough of a margin IMO to put him over the top.

Kobe's numbers are the only ones that are best against "good" teams. Paul and James both progressively do better as the competition worsens. Now, you might say this shows Kobe isn't as good against the bad teams and thus it balances out or try to imply that Bryant doesn't try as hard against poor teams, but that is actually not what is taking place. Bryant has a rare style of play. He feels games out. I'm sure many people remember his infamous quote against the Spurs, "I can get mine whenever I want." Against poor teams this year, and this is a noted observation from Tex Winter, Bryant focused on facilitating the offense, "getting people involved", and trying to speed the development of the young guys. It is no surprise he got his first MVP in the process.

The fact Kobe only plays good when the Lakers are against a good team, but actually passes the ball only against bad teams shows why he doesn't deserve the MVP and even more, why the Lakers lost so bad in the Finals.

Kobe don't trust his teammates, you even admitted it by what you said. CP3 made his team better. Kobe tried to make himself look better. If I had to pick someone to be my teammate in a two-on-two, I'd pick:

Chris > Kobe

JamStone
07-18-2008, 07:08 PM
Problem is you said there was no other reason Kobe won the MVP other than politics.

Maybe you should rephrase what you try to mean a little better.

Ill Cosby
07-18-2008, 08:24 PM
Problem is you said there was no other reason Kobe won the MVP other than politics.

Maybe you should rephrase what you try to mean a little better.

Okay your right, I jumped the gun a lil bit

It just pissed me off how bad Chris was robbed

Before it was announced people were giving level opinions on the issue, after Kobe won, they made it seem as if Chris Paul or anyone else even deserved to be mentioned

After Kobe won, ESPN bega the biggest d*ck ridin' I've every seen on that station until that 30 point ass whoppin

They were still jock ridin (along with a few Laker heads) after they blew a 22 point lead and lost by 6

Kobe's post game interview (After Game 6) was classic :lmao

angelbelow
07-20-2008, 02:12 AM
wtf bass is actually losing?

mavsfan1000
07-20-2008, 02:29 AM
How can you not pick Bass after that great moment of not being able to box out a guard on a crucial rebound. What a joke he is.

Ill Cosby
07-20-2008, 08:05 AM
How can you not pick Bass after that great moment of not being able to box out a guard on a crucial rebound. What a joke he is.

I'll admit, Bass was kinda scaring me against my Hornets in the playoffs

He was a bit of a beast

The Franchise
07-20-2008, 11:33 AM
Brian Cardinal!!!!

Ghazi
07-20-2008, 02:30 PM
I'll admit, Bass was kinda scaring me against my Hornets in the playoffs

He was a bit of a beast

Hornets blow.

monosylab1k
07-20-2008, 06:22 PM

As a Public Service Announcement, it's my duty to inform everybody that mavsfan1000 is actually a Bulls fan.

dirk4mvp
07-20-2008, 06:54 PM

http://markramsey.com/wp-content/FINLEY.jpg

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-20-2008, 06:55 PM
As a Public Service Announcement, it's my duty to inform everybody that mavsfan1000 is actually a Bulls fan.

:lol

mavsfan1000
07-20-2008, 07:36 PM
I hate the bulls. Where the hell did you get that info from?

tlongII
07-20-2008, 08:09 PM
Greg Oden

:tu

monosylab1k
07-20-2008, 08:13 PM
I hate the bulls. Where the hell did you get that info from?

just a guess

I was a huge bulls fans

Da Bulls. I was on the Jordan wagon back than. Kinda a letdown to go from the super clutch Bulls to the super choke mavs. :rolleyes

I know I'm not the only one that rooted for the bulls

I rooted for the Bulls (with Jordan)

I was a Rockets fan when not a Bulls fan. Yeah I did my share of bandwagoning during the days.

Rockets and Bulls fan.

Findog
07-20-2008, 08:39 PM
But Chris Paul turned a nobody team into championship contenders.

:lmao

CP3 is a great player, but he also has a great supporting cast. Give me a fucking break. The Hornets are stacked.

Chris > Kobe

:lmao you fuckin' homer

mavsfan1000
07-20-2008, 08:56 PM
You made those quotes up. Fuck the bulls. I should sue you for making quotes up.

O-Factor
07-20-2008, 08:58 PM
Gist

Ill Cosby
07-21-2008, 05:17 PM
Hornets blow.

Dirk is soft:lmao

:lmao

CP3 is a great player, but he also has a great supporting cast. Give me a fucking break. The Hornets are stacked.

:lmao you fuckin' homer

Hornets got no consistence help from the bench and the only real scorer (create their own points without a pass from CP3) besides Paul is D West and Peja (sometimes). The Hornets aren't stacked, good team, but a big part of their success is CP3 til the playoffs when alot of guys came of their own, so next year CP3 ain't gonna be the only one makin' moves and plays every game

when I said 'Chris>Kobe', I meant as a teammate

yes, Kobe is the best player on the planet

mavs>spurs2
07-21-2008, 05:31 PM
You made those quotes up. Fuck the bulls. I should sue you for making quotes up.

I've heard you mention that you used to be a Bull fan

I. Hustle
07-21-2008, 05:39 PM
The same person that gets rookie of the year. JAMES GIST!

manufor3
07-21-2008, 05:49 PM
Roger Mason