PDA

View Full Version : Spurs Security Guard Reports His Championship Ring Stolen

duncan228
07-14-2008, 12:27 PM
http://www.tcpalm.com/news/2008/jul/14/man-reports-his-san-antonio-spurs-championship-rin/

Man reports his San Antonio Spurs championship ring stolen from Indian River County hotel room
By Lamaur Stancil

INDIAN RIVER COUNTY — A security guard for the San Antonio Spurs said his championship ring was stolen from his hotel room last week, according to a report filed at the Indian River County Sheriff's Office.

The 51-year-old told the Sheriff's Office he was staying at a hotel Wednesday in the 900 block of U.S. 1 and left his ring on the night stand. He left the room at 2 p.m. Wednesday and returned that evening, discovering the ring was gone, the report said.

The $2,500 gold-and-silver ring includes the Spurs logo on top and a hammer breaking a rock on one side, the report said. The size 13 1/2 ring also has the word "Packen" on one of its sides, the Sheriff's Office said.

The owner said the championship rings furnished for the support staff of a team are different than the ones made for the players.

Anyone with information about the crime should call Crime Stoppers at (800) 273-TIPS.

Anti.Hero
07-14-2008, 12:29 PM
$2500.

So THAT's why we can't afford anyone!

Brutalis
07-14-2008, 12:34 PM
There's 2,500 we could have used for Scola!

z0sa
07-14-2008, 12:37 PM
One of the cleaning crew stole that shit, straight out.

You have to be retarded to leave something that expensive just "out on the nightstand." Spurs should probably look into getting a less inept security guard.

Brutalis
07-14-2008, 12:43 PM
One of the cleaning crew stole that shit, straight out.

You have to be retarded to leave something that expensive just "out on the nightstand." Spurs should probably look into getting a less inept security guard.

I agree you shouldn't leave stuff on the nightstand but at the same time you shouldn't have to worry about your shit getting stolen.

Mulletino
07-14-2008, 12:52 PM
Security Guard got a ring? Damn!!!
I wonder if the cheerleaders and the mascot got rings too.

Solid D
07-14-2008, 01:03 PM
Yeah, he may be looking for a job now.

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-14-2008, 01:04 PM
Yeah, he may be looking for a job now.

:lol

wisnub
07-14-2008, 01:04 PM
$2500.

So THAT's why we can't afford anyone!

HAuahahaHAHa:wakeup well put. I also sick everybody in forum or FO crying cannot afford a decent free agent year after year after year..... Other small market town like Denver,Dallas,to name a few..dare to go beyond the cap. I know in their case it didnt work...but the point: Spurs is different. I see any small additional players works well. Mohammed,Elson,Oberto..they all contribute to championship. Sometimes I wonder what happen if strong player join in? I mean FO said Scola's contract is too high,but Houston bought it just like that..and they got high salaried players there already. I guess Holt is a very good businessman and really hate to spend money..he might told RC to get accounting right and leave Pops alone to do whatever he wants.

Its just a comment anyway,dont take it seriously..Im sure Spurs FO never read it anyway...

nil.ball
07-14-2008, 01:37 PM
Do janitors get rings too? Or are they too low on the food chain?

rascal
07-14-2008, 01:54 PM
The price of the rings go down proportionately with the salaries so the cleaning people get plastic rings.

z0sa
07-14-2008, 01:56 PM
Do janitors get rings too? Or are they too low on the food chain?

Look closely at the article's first line:

[INDIAN RIVER COUNTY — A security guard for the San Antonio Spurs said his championship ring was stolen from his hotel room last week, according to a report filed at the Indian River County Sheriff's Office.

I don't think he's your usual parking lot golf cart rider. He's probably the type that's armed and dangerous. So I could definitely see him getting a ring - that said, he probably didn't deserve it, apparently.

rj215
07-14-2008, 02:05 PM
http://www.tcpalm.com/news/2008/jul/14/man-reports-his-san-antonio-spurs-championship-rin/

Man reports his San Antonio Spurs championship ring stolen from Indian River County hotel room
By Lamaur Stancil

INDIAN RIVER COUNTY — A security guard for the San Antonio Spurs said his championship ring was stolen from his hotel room last week, according to a report filed at the Indian River County Sheriff's Office.

The 51-year-old told the Sheriff's Office he was staying at a hotel Wednesday in the 900 block of U.S. 1 and left his ring on the night stand. He left the room at 2 p.m. Wednesday and returned that evening, discovering the ring was gone, the report said.

The $2,500 gold-and-silver ring includes the Spurs logo on top and a hammer breaking a rock on one side, the report said. The size 13 1/2 ring also has the word "Packen" on one of its sides, the Sheriff's Office said.

The owner said the championship rings furnished for the support staff of a team are different than the ones made for the players.

Anyone with information about the crime should call Crime Stoppers at (800) 273-TIPS.

I think the police should investigate Mark Cuban, Steve Nash and Dirk No'ring'ski since none of those losers will ever get a ring of their own....

to21
07-14-2008, 02:32 PM
Maybe a Phoenix Sun player was stayn' at the same hotel.

mavs>spurs2
07-14-2008, 02:42 PM
HAuahahaHAHa:wakeup well put. I also sick everybody in forum or FO crying cannot afford a decent free agent year after year after year..... Other small market town like Denver,Dallas,to name a few..dare to go beyond the cap. I know in their case it didnt work...but the point: Spurs is different. I see any small additional players works well. Mohammed,Elson,Oberto..they all contribute to championship. Sometimes I wonder what happen if strong player join in? I mean FO said Scola's contract is too high,but Houston bought it just like that..and they got high salaried players there already. I guess Holt is a very good businessman and really hate to spend money..he might told RC to get accounting right and leave Pops alone to do whatever he wants.

Its just a comment anyway,dont take it seriously..Im sure Spurs FO never read it anyway...

How is Dallas a small market team? It's one of the biggest cities in the U.S. and everyone in the DFW supports the Mavs, not just Dallas. They market to not only Dallas but Plano, Irving, Fort Worth, and Arlington. I'd say Dallas is actually one of the bigger markets.

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-14-2008, 02:48 PM
How is Dallas a small market team? It's one of the biggest cities in the U.S. and everyone in the DFW supports the Mavs, not just Dallas. They market to not only Dallas but Plano, Irving, Fort Worth, and Arlington. I'd say Dallas is actually one of the bigger markets.

Oh, don't mind him. He's one of those none-too-bright fellas.

mavs>spurs2
07-14-2008, 03:08 PM
Oh, don't mind him. He's one of those none-too-bright fellas.

I wasn't taking offense or anything, I mean I could care less what market they are, it just seemed like an ignorant statement to me.

Soul_Patch
07-14-2008, 03:09 PM
I believe everyone who is affiliated with the organization gets a ring. i have a friend who worked as a financial analyst for them for a few years (now works in teh same job, for the Heat in Miami) and ended up with 2 rings himself just for crunching numbers in the back offices...

I was always jealous...

waynep93
07-15-2008, 12:42 PM
The story has a few things incorrect. I do not work for the Spurs I worked for the subcontractor in the building. The ring is definitely one of the employyee rings, but I am not employed by the Spurs. The value is certainly less then the 2500.00 listed in the article.

Brutalis
07-15-2008, 12:50 PM
The story has a few things incorrect. I do not work for the Spurs I worked for the subcontractor in the building. The ring is definitely one of the employyee rings, but I am not employed by the Spurs. The value is certainly less then the 2500.00 listed in the article.

Wayne P? First off that is totally scary how that has to do with me personally. Creeeeeepy.

wisnub
07-15-2008, 01:16 PM
Regardless of what market Dallas is.... the point is not that. The point is the Spurs inability to add big free agent over the years,which i hope will change in 2010 or later on.. That's the big picture...the rests are details. My bad, I only think big markets are cities like: LA,NY,Houstoun,etc...I didnt want to offend Dallas fans and I guess ure right

alamo50
07-16-2008, 08:53 AM
I am pretty sure I saw it on eBay and actualy made a bid on it.

Solid D
07-16-2008, 09:06 AM

It isn't a small market.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_TV_markets_and_major_sports_teams

sa_butta
07-16-2008, 09:06 AM
What kind of Security GUARD is that?? he can't even GUARD his ring.

GrandeDavid
07-16-2008, 10:13 AM

By Lamaur Stancil

Damn, EVERYONE gets a ring.

And, bro, use some commons sense, knucklehead. "Oh, I think I'll just leave an NBA championship ring on a hotel dresser and leave for several hours. Dude, ever heard of a a room safe? And should they not have one, don't leave it in the room. Freakin' wear it. You obviously brought it with you to show off, anyway. Or hide it in a body cavity. Just don't leave it in a hotel room. :rolleyes

ShoogarBear
07-16-2008, 11:48 AM
Just out of curiosity, have all the Mav Fans switched teams this year? :lol