PDA

View Full Version : Have the Spurs done enough??

spurman20
07-14-2008, 03:04 PM
We all know how the spurs struggled to score at times last season, do you think we have done enough to address our scoring needs and what else if anything do you think the spurs should do to improve this offseason?

xtremesteven33
07-14-2008, 03:10 PM
i think Parker is going to improve big time this next year. so i expect him to take a lot of the scoring on his shoulders. set plays for him and isolation calls.

since manu will get alot of rest for most of the season i think the spurs should go after Delfino.

other than that, brent barry leaving is the only downfall i see next year

lefty
07-14-2008, 03:12 PM
i think Parker is going to improve big time this next year. so i expect him to take a lot of the scoring on his shoulders. set plays for him and isolation calls.

since manu will get alot of rest for most of the season i think the spurs should go after Delfino.

other than that, brent barry leaving is the only downfall i see next year

Parker can't do more than what he can do now.

He is an all-star, but that's it

coopdogg3
07-14-2008, 03:14 PM
There's what they needed.

And there's what they could get.

With only the LLE and MLE, they didn't have a lot of options.

We can probably only afford another project. On a team that may have 4 real rookies (counting Ian as a rook), that could mean 5 projects. Don't know how well that would work.

DPG21920
07-14-2008, 03:14 PM
I think we need to bolster our interior defense, get it back to the level it was a few years ago. It was not bad last year, but not near the quality it needs to be for the Spurs. I feel the scoring will come, we get quality looks more than not...

xtremesteven33
07-14-2008, 03:16 PM
Parker can't do more than what he can do now.

He is an all-star, but that's it

i honestly think parkers talents havent fully been shown yet in this spurs system. i think if he can run the offense without a play being called every other play he can score a whole lot more and if he starts practicing his 3's more than that means more PPG for the season if he can knock it down consistently.

spurman20
07-14-2008, 03:17 PM
I think we need to bolster our interior defense, get it back to the level it was a few years ago. It was not bad last year, but not near the quality it needs to be for the Spurs. I feel the scoring will come, we get quality looks more than not...

I agree I dont think teams fear our D anymore, we need another shot blocker and an energy/ banger. We need some tuffness!!!:ihit

lefty
07-14-2008, 03:17 PM
i honestly think parkers talents havent fully been shown yet in this spurs system. i think if he can run the offense without a play being called every other play he can score a whole lot more and if he starts practicing his 3's more than that means more PPG for the season if he can knock it down consistently.

I agree, but Phil Jackson always finds a way to limit his productivity in the playoffs

Sense
07-14-2008, 03:20 PM

I agree with Lefty...

Parker can't do more than what he's done already... and trust me he's more of a threat with the midrange jumper and the driving than if you added the 3 to that..

it'd be too many options that I don't think he'd be able to control

tav1
07-14-2008, 03:22 PM
It's too early to make a call one way or the other. Let's see how the rookies look, where Ian's game is at, and let the rest of the free agent season play out. If they resign Thomas, it looks like they'll be no worse than last year's WCF team. Maybe better. Let's wait before making judgements.

Tully365
07-14-2008, 04:31 PM

I agree. Another big body would be nice. I wonder what kind of contract Kwame will get this off season. If his value drops enough that the Spurs could get him with what's left of their MLE, I'd be for it, but I think someone else will give him more. I know he won't be a popular choice (to say the least) but having Kwame come off the bench after Oberto and Thomas would be a nice luxury to have, especially at that price.

Mr. Body
07-14-2008, 05:08 PM
No, they didn't do enough to solve their scoring problems. In fact, they may be worse.

Spurtacus
07-14-2008, 05:17 PM
"Have the Spurs done enough?"

Yes and no. They still need to resign KT and another LLE player. Bonner needs to be moved. They haven't filled their biggest need which is scoring. But, the Spurs understand they need to get younger, and Mahinmi + the rookies would solve that.

xtremesteven33
07-14-2008, 05:24 PM
-scoring will be better-better scoring options off the bench
-defense will be better...mason is an upgrade from finley

i think if we can stay healthy, we can get back

mrspurs
07-14-2008, 05:41 PM
when you hear the name san antono spurs you think.......Defense....thats what we lacked all season long....our interior defense was the worst ive seen in yrs(mostly cos there are better players out there these days)....in the PO's i thought timmy would come out like a monster like he always does...he looked more like a tamed monster...we have spent so much time working around scoring, we forgot what 7 footers do for you in the paint(no matter if they score or not)...fab,horry,and tiny kurt imo will only be worse...teams are not afraid at all to score on us and they do it quite well.....guys who have no legs like gasol was alley-ooping on us....tell me when we get timmy some help and ill tell ya when we win our next title....with the bigs we have now...noway we get past may....the suns will finally beat us....heres the scary part...there is no bigs out there to choose from(not without some kind of trade) expect the same thing live and die from behind the arc........a game im getting tired being around...we won with defense, not from behind the arc.........only thing we've done from behind the arc is lose as of late...........

spurman20
07-14-2008, 05:44 PM
I agree bring back the days of giving up 86ppg and making your oppt shoot 40% from the field. Go get a shot blocker R.C.

ManuTP9
07-14-2008, 05:47 PM
i think udoka needs to be more consistent with his jumper, he's a great shooter, defender and rebounder and if he is consistent every night i think we'll go far.

spurman20
07-14-2008, 05:56 PM
I wish we had someone who can get to the rim and draw fouls....get a team into foul trouble early. Tony and Manu get into the lane and almost never get to the line. Udoka cant get to the rim at all, bowen looks like a drunk driving the ball. We need a slasher.

xtremesteven33
07-14-2008, 05:57 PM
bowen looks like a drunk driving the ball

sad but true:lmao

Brutalis
07-14-2008, 05:59 PM
Spurs owe us another 4 titles over the bullshit losses in even years.

xtremesteven33
07-14-2008, 06:03 PM
Spurs owe us another 4 titles over the bullshit losses in even years.

:whine