PDA

View Full Version : Delfino, Wright or Krstic

OleMissMike
07-14-2008, 04:43 PM
Why not try to get Delfino or Dorell Wright to help the wing

If we dont bring back Thomas i would like to see if we can get krstic, i mean NJ is already 15 players deep and they have two big men to replace his ass

And THANK GOD that we didnt get Najera....whewwww close one

Mr. Body
07-14-2008, 05:01 PM
Can't afford a one of them.

spurman20
07-14-2008, 05:43 PM
There has been chatter that the Spurs have interest in Krystic but Jersey is gonna hold out and get the best deal for him. ESPN has reported Philly likes him and may make him a solid offer if they cant get 1 other player they are trageting.

I dont think wright will get out of Miami, and he is looking for a long term deal and has yet to sign Miami's tender.

We could give Delfino a contract but for what we could offer him the Raps would match. We could try to trade for him with the Beno excp. I think all are very long shots but I would like to have any of them.

xtremesteven33
07-14-2008, 05:44 PM
Raptors dont want delfino back.

Spurs can offer 2 Mill and hopefully he bites

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-14-2008, 05:45 PM
Wright. But even then, we can't afford any of them.

spurman20
07-14-2008, 05:45 PM
He can get more than that over seas and I know they dont want him back but they did tender him an offer to make him restricted. They wont let him walk for nothing. They are thin at SG too.

ss1986v2
07-14-2008, 06:44 PM
as has be said, we cant afford a one of those guys.

mowgli
07-14-2008, 07:48 PM
Krstic was really starting to light up the East before he got injured. I'd like to think that he still has some of that left in him. Love to have him, but affordability seems to be a drawback.

DPG21920
07-14-2008, 07:57 PM
Teams have to offer the qualifying offer to make their players restricted free agents, correct? Well what happens in the case of Dorell Wright, where he has not accepted the QO that Miami extended?

spurman20
07-14-2008, 08:02 PM
Teams have to offer the qualifying offer to make their players restricted free agents, correct? Well what happens in the case of Dorell Wright, where he has not accepted the QO that Miami extended?

He is still restricted, because Miami has extended the nessisary offer to retain his rights, He does not have to sign it but Miami retains right of first refusel.

DPG21920
07-14-2008, 08:16 PM
What if he refuses to sign the QO and gets no offers from another team? Does that mean he is out of the league for one year while Miami retains his rights, then he is unrestricted? (Just a hypothetical obviously)

If he accepts the QO, he has one year left on his contract and then is a UFA next year.

spurman20
07-14-2008, 08:23 PM
What if he refuses to sign the QO and gets no offers from another team? Does that mean he is out of the league for one year while Miami retains his rights, then he is unrestricted? (Just a hypothetical obviously)

If he accepts the QO, he has one year left on his contract and then is a UFA next year.

In his case he could sit out a year and become unrestricted but if he signs the tender he will play with Miami next year and the he is an UFA. He is looking for a long term deal and is hoping someone offers him the full MLE based on his youth and talent. Its possible but not likely that will happen. I wouldnt be suprised if Miami looks to move him for a pick later on or a player whos contract will expire in 2010

angelbelow
07-14-2008, 08:59 PM
would like, in order, krstic, wright, delfino.

milkyway21
07-14-2008, 09:32 PM
Kristic.

Spurtacus
07-19-2008, 01:28 PM
Nets got Keyon Dooling. Kristic could be available. Should we pursue him instead of Kurt Thomas?

remingtonbo2001
07-19-2008, 01:31 PM
No, we need a bruiser (Thomas).

T Park
07-19-2008, 01:32 PM
Seeing as Delfino signed with a Russian team, that would be a bit tough....

jag
07-19-2008, 01:34 PM
Delfino > roger mason

I wish the spurs would have made more of a push for him...

mrspurs
07-19-2008, 01:40 PM
we do need another big......bonner doesnt match up well with most of the west top tiers as a big(why he sat most of the PO's imo).......kurt goes to la? then we're left with fab,ian might as well bring back, brick shot bob....somewhere out there is another big the spurs will have no choice but to trade for, or imo duncans days are gonna be very long, so forget about his nights.....id start thinking big, before thinking small....btw ian isnt a given either, his nba minutes have been very limited unless of course your counting bench minutes....sometimes i think people forget last season teams played us as the defending champs night in and night out....some had success, some had alot of success....next season will be twice as hard imo.....

ChumpDumper
07-19-2008, 01:46 PM
So, sign ___ with ___ money?

milkyway21
07-21-2008, 08:34 PM
is Kristic still available?

if he is, I want him on this team.