PDA

View Full Version : Big Mistake.....

SequSpur
07-14-2008, 10:49 PM
not drafting a player like Chalmers, Arthur or CDR.

All of these players tonight are too raw for the NBA now. The Spurs need players to insert into the lineup and these guys just don't cut it.

Hill is out of control, doesn't have court knowledge and can't shoot. His mental game IQ is too low.

Ian had two post ups that looked promising but other than that he is terrible.

Gist may be able to handle the big boys, looks promising.

I don't get it... Shit, we all saw what chalmers, arthur and CDR did in big games and still Pop and his Klan went with a bunch of bullshit talent with some fucking hope.

I'm pissed. I was wrong, George Hill was a bad choice.

:bang

Tree hugger
07-14-2008, 10:53 PM
would you like a hug?

spurman20
07-14-2008, 10:54 PM
Dont get down yet, Hill is tryn to prove he can be a point. I still dont know what the see in Harrison. Remember lots of guy look great in summer and during the season never see the floor. SG from G State last year.

A.H 21-50
07-14-2008, 10:57 PM
the big mistake imo since drafday not beacause of his 40 pt performance today was to let go donte greene

this guy make sense : a long 3 who can shoot , make some pts .......

i wasn't a fan of chalmers and arthur wasn't a need with mahinmi here n maybe splitter in two years

the choice for me was between greene or cdr as the wing were a better need

but we can't say today that hill was a bad choice

ducks
07-14-2008, 11:07 PM
ostertag was greater then duncan in summer league

mystargtr34
07-14-2008, 11:15 PM

That was all a bit of bullshit thrown around to make Greg Oden feel better... Duncan put up something like 17 and 9 in that matchup... Ostertag did block some of his lefty shots though

SequSpur
07-14-2008, 11:17 PM

STFU. The Summer League was renamed after Tony Parker at 17 y/o?

Basketball is basketball....

Darius Washington > George Hill.

ducks
07-14-2008, 11:22 PM
hill proved to you in the 3 quarter you are wrong

AGAIN

your_pimp
07-14-2008, 11:25 PM
Pathetic fools

anakha
07-14-2008, 11:27 PM
After careful consideration, I think this is an excellent pick. The Spurs clearly had no back up point and they haven't had one since Speedy left. They addressed something they have needed for years. This dude can play. Period.

The Spurs next weakness is in the low post which they will address with Kurt Thomas and someone else to be named later. Bowen and Udoka can hold down the fort at small forward.. If JR Smith comes in and joins Ginobili in the offguard slot, the Spurs are fine.

Jacque Vaughn can leave now.. thank God.

No more slovenians, no more dope smokers, the Spurs have a backup now.

This dude can shoot, he is smart, he is a great guy and he is athletic...

Fuck... I think it's a great pick.

:flag:

To me, I thought Chalmers was a slight upgrade over Vaughn with the same weaknesses.

George Hill is solid.

exactly...........

chalmers is going to get lit up in the NBA.

All of these players tonight are too raw for the NBA now. The Spurs need players to insert into the lineup and these guys just don't cut it.

Hill is out of control, doesn't have court knowledge and can't shoot. His mental game IQ is too low.

I don't get it... Shit, we all saw what chalmers, arthur and CDR did in big games and still Pop and his Klan went with a bunch of bullshit talent with some fucking hope.

I'm amazed you don't suffer from vertigo from all the conclusion-jumping you do. :lol

your_pimp
07-14-2008, 11:33 PM
You fools can't even beat the lowly summer league grizzlies...

You suck!

anakha
07-14-2008, 11:35 PM

You suck!

Hey! Louis is back! :lmao

your_pimp
07-14-2008, 11:35 PM
And to think that your idiot GM passed on Arthur in favor of who???

Hill?

LOL

your_pimp
07-14-2008, 11:36 PM
Hey! Louis is back! :lmao

Who is Louis?

anakha
07-14-2008, 11:38 PM
Who is Louis?

Hey Louis, your 'Princess Pimp' username hasn't been banned yet. No need for a new one. :lol

your_pimp
07-14-2008, 11:50 PM
and you still can't get past the 80 point mark, even in the summer leagues!!!!

your_pimp
Hey Louis, your 'Princess Pimp' username hasn't been banned yet. No need for a new one. :lol

wtf?

SequSpur
I'm amazed you don't suffer from vertigo from all the conclusion-jumping you do. :lol

Anaka, since I declared I was wrong, you actually wasted your time quoting me...

Save yourself some time and read....

2centsworth
07-14-2008, 11:52 PM
Hill was very solid tonight. Gist has very good athletic ability. Ian showed a lot too.

Spurtacus
07-14-2008, 11:53 PM
Loser thread. Moving along now...

anakha
07-14-2008, 11:53 PM
Anaka, since I declared I was wrong, you actually wasted your time quoting me...

Save yourself some time and read....

Just pointing out the conclusions you made:

a) just after the draft;
b) before the first Spurs game of the summer league.

Talk about knee-jerk... :lol

SequSpur
07-14-2008, 11:56 PM
Just pointing out the conclusions you made:

a) just after the draft;
b) before the first Spurs game of the summer league.

Talk about knee-jerk... :lol

I guarantee that I will be right. Guarantee it. I've never been wrong...

anakha
07-14-2008, 11:58 PM

You suck!

Speaking of knee-jerk...

Spurs won. :lmao

ChumpDumper
07-14-2008, 11:58 PM
I guarantee that I will be right. Guarantee it. I've never been wrong...Well that's wrong in itself.

ducks
07-15-2008, 12:00 AM
hill stats better then chambers in game one

your_pimp
07-15-2008, 12:01 AM
Speaking of knee-jerk...

Spurs won. :lmao
barely! which means shit! a pathetic 2 point win..

Go jerk yourselves off with the picture of Hill.

Definately no NBA material.

ducks
07-15-2008, 12:03 AM
Originally Posted by jcrod View Post

Since you keep being all up on Chalmers.

First game

Chalmers
11pts 6 ast 2 stl 0rebs
Hill
17pts 1 ast 8rebs 0stl

anakha
07-15-2008, 12:03 AM

You suck!

barely! which means shit! a pathetic 2 point win..

Just like Louis to try and deny the fact that he got proven wrong. Again. :lol

Mulletino
07-15-2008, 12:04 AM
What are you talking about? Hill did awesome tonight!!!
:tu

jayc23
07-15-2008, 12:06 AM
your pimp, suns lost .. you have the basketball IQ of a 2 year old . . quit f'ing talking

your_pimp
07-15-2008, 12:07 AM
Originally Posted by jcrod View Post

Since you keep being all up on Chalmers.

First game

Chalmers
11pts 6 ast 2 stl 0rebs
Hill
17pts 1 ast 8rebs 0stl

Look at the assists idiot!

PGs are known for assists ...

SequSpur
07-15-2008, 12:08 AM
Well that's wrong in itself.

never...........

jayc23
07-15-2008, 12:09 AM
would you stop talking, the players around you have to hit shots to get assists you degenerate

Spurtacus
07-15-2008, 12:10 AM

Screw you. The guys he passed to threw up bricks. Fuck off troll.

SequSpur
07-15-2008, 12:11 AM
would you stop talking, the players around you have to hit shots to get assists you degenerate

jay.... the current spurs are not known to hit shots....:lmao

Hill may not ever get an assist on the Spurs.. :lol

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-15-2008, 12:11 AM
You rookies need to cut Sequ some slack and realize he's too short to actually see the monitor over the desk top.

SequSpur
07-15-2008, 12:12 AM
Hey, I'm not saying Hill is terrible or not NBA worthy, I'm saying it was a big mistake to take him over others... WTF?

underdawg
07-15-2008, 12:14 AM

Why is he a bad choice?

THE SAMOAN TD
07-15-2008, 12:16 AM
wow that faggot ass phoenix bitch needs ta get da fuk out with his losing ass

John_C
07-15-2008, 12:22 AM

Idiot. Hill is really an SG, and his playing the PG in the Summer League is a way to gauge if he could be a reliable backup PG. If he has 1 assist, that is in no way an indication he fails as a back up PG outright. It's one game, and with all the expectations on him on the Spurs summer league roster, he fared well. He'll be in the bench of San Antonio as an SG.

And since you are also so in love with Chalmers, every team right now in the NBA expect their Point Guard also to be able to score and rebound.

jayc23
07-15-2008, 12:22 AM
Segu, hes going to be a better player than Chalmers and CDR ... there is no question or doubts for people who have followed Hill's career and have followed CDR and Chalmers... Hill is deadly.. once he gets in his confidence and established with his teamates... hes simply a better player... all around.. and it will show in the weeks ahead.... if i were you i would stfu and wait so we cant quote you in a few weeks and it will save alot of you some embarassment.. let the guys get off the plane in SA before you run them out of town... that would be nice..

:lobt2: these aren't made with impatience, they are made with alot of hardwork, practice and good coaching.. he had an off shooting night or he would have had 25+ which is what your going to see.. because hes going to keep getting fouled.. he always gets fouled, he always drives up big numbers from the stripe.. hes a slasher...

an NBA caliber slasher... he is not a mark jackson, john stockton PG, get it outa your head.

SequSpur
07-15-2008, 12:28 AM
Segu, hes going to be a better player than Chalmers and CDR ... there is no question or doubts for people who have followed Hill's career and have followed CDR and Chalmers... Hill is deadly.. once he gets in his confidence and established with his teamates... hes simply a better player... all around.. and it will show in the weeks ahead.... if i were you i would stfu and wait so we cant quote you in a few weeks and it will save alot of you some embarassment.. let the guys get off the plane in SA before you run them out of town... that would be nice..

:lobt2: these aren't made with impatience, they are made with alot of hardwork, practice and good coaching.. he had an off shooting night or he would have had 25+ which is what your going to see.. because hes going to keep getting fouled.. he always gets fouled, he always drives up big numbers from the stripe.. hes a slasher...

an NBA caliber slasher... he is not a mark jackson, john stockton PG, get it outa your head.

Well, I hope you're right. CDR and Chalmers played, won and starred against the toughest competition out there. It would've been smart to go with a given than another ray of sunshine. He won't get all those calls in the NBA holmes... Parker's ass get's rode from the time he gets the ball across the line all the way to the goal. He usually ends up in the first row with a bucket, a bruise and no foul....

Hopefully Hill can learn that trade....

Still would've been smarter to go with Chalmers....

Sorry...

underdawg
07-15-2008, 12:35 AM
Hey, I'm not saying Hill is terrible or not NBA worthy, I'm saying it was a big mistake to take him over others... WTF?

I know that's your bit - to be negative about the Spurs, but really why are there so many fans on this forum that are "half-empty" fans. Dog on our FO all you want, have they really failed? 4 rings; WCF last year and in 2006 with lineups that were never great lineups. Where did they go wrong? If you think that we'll ever put together the lineup the Celtics had this year, you are fooling yourself. We have a system that has proven to be successful and it has never relied upon signing "great FA's" or drafting college studs. Our FO drafts and signs players that they think fit our system - period. Once we miss the playoffs, then you can complain. Until then, STFU!

SequSpur
07-15-2008, 12:36 AM
I know that's your bit - to be negative about the Spurs, but really why are there so many fans on this forum that are "half-empty" fans. Dog on our FO all you want, have they really failed? 4 rings; WCF last year and in 2006 with lineups that were never great lineups. Where did they go wrong? If you think that we'll ever put together the lineup the Celtics had this year, you are fooling yourself. We have a system that has proven to be successful and it has never relied upon signing "great FA's" or drafting college studs. Our FO drafts and signs players that they think fit our system - period. Once we miss the playoffs, then you can complain. Until then, STFU!

Do you wear one of those bracelets that says WWJD?

Buddy Holly
07-15-2008, 12:40 AM

Is he supposed to make the shot as well after he passes it to teammates? The shooters tonight sucked.

underdawg
07-15-2008, 12:40 AM
Do you wear one of those bracelets that says WWJD?

Nope, but I'm interested in your correlation. What gives?

Obstructed_View
07-15-2008, 12:41 AM
Yep, opening a thread started by Sequ was a big mistake...

Solid D
07-15-2008, 12:44 AM
I had me some pie tonight. That, my friend, was not a big mistake.

jayc23
07-15-2008, 12:59 AM
im just glad im late getting to this forums and didnt have to see the other 17 thousand posts.

thekingrobert
07-15-2008, 01:01 AM
he had 8 rebs, only one person had more and Hill's 6'2 thats good enough for me and he D'd up the 3rd pick in the draft who is 4-6 inches taller

Tully365
07-15-2008, 01:27 AM
George Hill just forced the #3 pick in the draft to his worst shooting night in 4 games, while scoring 17 points and grabbing 8 rebounds... and your conclusion is the Spurs "made a mistake?" Do you think Memphis made a mistake, trading for Mayo? Hill, projected as a back-up point guard, played very good D on a taller shooting guard. I'd bet Pop and RC are extremely happy with tonight's performance.

Slinkyman
07-15-2008, 01:41 AM

maybe it helps he has a low center of gravity?

johngateswhiteley
07-15-2008, 01:47 AM

you're a fool. i dare you to post something not illogical, idiotic, and worthless. then again, your post count would be zero...perhaps where it should be.

...fucking tool.

Tully365
07-15-2008, 01:57 AM
Well, I hope you're right. CDR and Chalmers played, won and starred against the toughest competition out there. It would've been smart to go with a given than another ray of sunshine. He won't get all those calls in the NBA holmes... Parker's ass get's rode from the time he gets the ball across the line all the way to the goal. He usually ends up in the first row with a bucket, a bruise and no foul....

Hopefully Hill can learn that trade....

Still would've been smarter to go with Chalmers....

Sorry...

Jacque Vaughn played, won and starred against the toughest competition out there too, while he was at Kansas. Much tougher competition than Tony Parker played against. Your point?

mathbzh
07-15-2008, 02:38 AM
Jacque Vaughn played, won and starred against the toughest competition out there too, while he was at Kansas. Much tougher competition than Tony Parker played against. Your point?

I must say you are wrong. Tony Parker was playing in a professional league.
Maybe against less talent but against a much tougher competition.

angelbelow
07-15-2008, 02:57 AM
damn dude, youre pretty negative. are you a happy person?

Condemned 2 HelLA
07-15-2008, 03:20 AM
Yep, opening a thread started by Sequ was a big mistake...

Oh, come on now.
Don't say that.
Sequ adds a lot to the forums.
How about that one thread.......
......well, there was that other thread.....
......oh wait, what about that thread where he said.......

......shit.....you were right.......

Twisted_Dawg
07-15-2008, 05:31 AM
I had me some pie tonight. That, my friend, was not a big mistake.:toast:toast:toast

ceperez
07-15-2008, 06:12 AM

Eh... I don't think Hill had teammates on the court that was worth assisting to!

MarHill
07-15-2008, 06:30 AM

This is what I'm writing about from spoiled Spurs fans. One summer league game and we have already determined the NBA fate of the Spurs draft picks.

If that's the case...can I buy a lottery ticket from you!!!! Yikes!!

Boy...I hope some perspective comes quickly on these forums. Wow!!

:flag:

Sway
07-15-2008, 06:43 PM

Donte Greene should probably be the guy you should be complaining about.

manufor3
07-15-2008, 09:04 PM

You suck!

ummm check the score man 78-76 spurs

mystargtr34
07-15-2008, 09:21 PM
Score one for Sequ

0-10

Holy shit

johngateswhiteley
07-15-2008, 09:31 PM
Score one for Sequ

0-10

Holy shit

i don't care if Hill sucks the entire summer league...it doesn't matter. see what he does his first 2 years in the NBA.

John_C
07-15-2008, 09:32 PM
2 more SL games, then the camp in August. Too early to tell really.

SequSpur
07-15-2008, 11:17 PM
Damn, I am more right every day..... In another week, chumpdumper, solid d and most of you will be smb.

:loser

SequSpur
07-15-2008, 11:19 PM
Ok, I know some of you have time to do this, but take every pick after the spurs picked and tell me what the hell they have done in the summer league?

This is some bullshit... and you promote these tool boxes?

anakha
07-15-2008, 11:19 PM
:lmao at Sequ jumping from one side of the fence to another, making it look like he was on that side the whole time.

SequSpur
07-15-2008, 11:22 PM
:lmao at Sequ jumping from one side of the fence to another, making it look like he was on that side the whole time.

jump? wtf are you talking about?

you can't read. I said I was wrong....shit... I gave this nobody named Hill the benefit of the doubt and he screwed it up.

This dude can't play. I don't mention second rounders, cuz they have no expectation.. shit...

you are starting to get on my list. do you want that?

anakha
07-15-2008, 11:33 PM
jump? wtf are you talking about?

you can't read. I said I was wrong....shit... I gave this nobody named Hill the benefit of the doubt and he screwed it up.

This dude can't play. I don't mention second rounders, cuz they have no expectation.. shit...

you are starting to get on my list. do you want that?

Just pointing out the hilariousness of your changes of opinion on a player many people are still straddling the fence on.

Most people here have little to no in-depth knowledge of Hill's NBA capabilities, and the smart choice here would be to wait and see if the FO knew something we didn't on this guy.

Whether he pans out or not, lumping people who have decided to wait and see on him under the 'pro-Hill' category (as you did in your previous post) is just silly beyond belief.

nil.ball
07-15-2008, 11:35 PM
hahaha
better hope mason pans out

i mean give the rookie a break though, he's a rookie, and have being play with crap competition his entire life, needs time to adapt and develope.

SequSpur
07-15-2008, 11:36 PM
Just pointing out the hilariousness of your changes of opinion on a player many people are still straddling the fence on.

Most people here have little to no in-depth knowledge of Hill's NBA capabilities, and the smart choice here would be to wait and see if the FO knew something we didn't on this guy.

Whether he pans out or not, lumping people who have decided to wait and see on him under the 'pro-Hill' category (as you did in your previous post) is just silly beyond belief.

Do you know anything about basketball? If you were team captain and saw him bricking shots in a shoot a round, you would pick his ass last.

How in the hell does he become a first round pick with guaranteed money and he can't make a fucking shot? Not just tonight, but last night also...

Shit, I play ball once a month, and shit, I can go 5 for 10.

Come on!!! Quit being a dick and figure it out.. this goes for all of you.. this dude can't play... wtf? basketball is not rocket science...

shit, and I haven't even touched on Mahinmi yet.... WTF?

anakha
07-15-2008, 11:44 PM
Do you know anything about basketball? If you were team captain and saw him bricking shots in a shoot a round, you would pick his ass last.

How in the hell does he become a first round pick with guaranteed money and he can't make a fucking shot? Not just tonight, but last night also...

Shit, I play ball once a month, and shit, I can go 5 for 10.

Come on!!! Quit being a dick and figure it out.. this goes for all of you.. this dude can't play... wtf? basketball is not rocket science...

shit, and I haven't even touched on Mahinmi yet.... WTF?

If Hill made all of his shots and handed out 20 assists in the past two games, my response would have been "wait and see, not enough evidence".

If Hill missed all of his shots and turned the ball over 20 times in the past two games, my response would have been...

"wait and see, not enough evidence".

Forming a iron-clad opinion on Hill at this point is unbelievably premature.

SequSpur
07-15-2008, 11:49 PM
If Hill made all of his shots and handed out 20 assists in the past two games, my response would have been "wait and see, not enough evidence".

If Hill missed all of his shots and turned the ball over 20 times in the past two games, my response would have been...

"wait and see, not enough evidence".

Forming a iron-clad opinion on Hill at this point is unbelievably premature.

The problem is he came from IUPI in the podunk league, he was picked 26th, by the 4 time champ spurs who constantly think they can pick a ray of sunshine and turn it into something. he has some big ass shoes to fill and he doesn't carry himself as a 26th pick who needs to show something. He couldn't score a bucket last night either.. yeah, he made a few free throws but in two games he's 2 for 19??????? :lmao.... uh yeah... let me wait and see when he can wake up....

I don't have to sugar coat shit. they screwed up.

anakha
07-15-2008, 11:59 PM
The problem is he came from IUPI in the podunk league, he was picked 26th, by the 4 time champ spurs who constantly think they can pick a ray of sunshine and turn it into something. he has some big ass shoes to fill and he doesn't carry himself as a 26th pick who needs to show something. He couldn't score a bucket last night either.. yeah, he made a few free throws but in two games he's 2 for 19??????? :lmao.... uh yeah... let me wait and see when he can wake up....

I don't have to sugar coat shit. they screwed up.

Whether or not the FO screwed up, I'd prefer to have more evidence than two SL games to make up my mind.

If Hill does end up contributing nothing of note, feel free to crow all you want. As it stands right now, you're just setting yourself up for a big backlash if he pans out.

smrattler
07-16-2008, 12:12 AM
I'm in Vegas these two weeks, landed on Monday afternoon and got to go to the game last night before hitting the strip.

Some things that stood out to me...

Arthur has good potential to make a lot of GMs look bad. He was very impressive and seemed to get better as the game went on. He's got confidence in his shot and has some really good quickness in his step. His stat line was pretty sweet (although the board controllers sucked at updating the player stats.

Who the hell was that Grizz guy that had 10 fouls and 2 points? He nearly ended one of our guy's season on one of those fouls.

OJ Mayo I think came off the bench, but at some point, he and Hill were matched up for long stretches. Ok, Hill didn't exactly light it up in that matchup, but he got his. And his quickness seemed to surprise guys that would end up fouling him. I lost track of how many fouls he drew. Anyway, Hill's defense looks like what SHOULD get him to earn minutes. I mean, he's young and quicker than Vaughn and seems to have great instincts on defense to beat guys to spots they want to go. And on the other end, seems like the game is not too fast for him, seems very calm and in control. Ok, the summer league Grizz aren't a regular season NBA caliber team, but you'd be surprised how pumped up some of these rookies get to challenege a "first round pick" like Hill. He handled it really well.

Mahini intimidated every shot that came his way. He's got a good feel for how to protect the rim and help side for his team. His first step is REALLY impressive on the baseline. I was just surprised he doesn't try to jump over guys at the rim. The way he moves, you'd think he could elevate way ovoer guys and seems to have just enough strength to pull it off. I was disappointed he didn't do this. Plus, I didn't see a lot of jumpers from him and he will HAVE to show he can hit it. He's way too quick for most bigs, but the bigger guys will just fight him away from his position and make him hit a jumper. Also, with TD on the team occupying the low block, It would be nice if Ian was the high post guy. But maybe now TD with his jumper and passing should move to high post when he's on the floor together? Just seems weird to ask one of the all-time greats on the low block to move high for a rookie. I don't know.

Gist and Hairston... Gist showed like he came to play hard, Hairston looked like a waste of time and I was dissapointed big time with that.

I doubt I'll be going to more games though. The Spurs game was the last of the night and we just went there for that. It was STILL 20 bucks! Same price as the all-day pass. I think it's a great deal if you watch more than one game. But you'd think the price would come down as the day progressed. Would be nice anyway.

Indazone
07-16-2008, 12:23 AM
George Hill will probably eventually show something. But the speed and size of the competition has him overwhelmed right now. Summit League is not a good conference to come from to the NBA. Well they did produce Bryce Drew from Valparaiso and see how long he lasted with us? LOL

big daddy russ
07-17-2008, 07:03 PM
Pathetic fools

Pathetic fools? For real, who says that? Only people I can think of are Skeletor and the Emperor from Star Wars.