PDA

View Full Version : Yao could possibly suit up soon

Guajalote
07-15-2008, 10:45 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/oly/olybb/news/story?id=3487841

Yikes, if true, this has got to have Rockets fans crossing their fingers. This could end up in Webber-esque manner if he pushes it too soon.

kupogrey
07-15-2008, 11:43 AM
its been 6 months though.. :wakeup

jacobdrj
07-15-2008, 12:54 PM
Who cares? As long as Yao is playing with T-Mac, Yao will never make it past the first round anyways. Might as well tank the season in hope of getting the #1 overall pick to replace T-Mac with.

DaDakota
07-15-2008, 12:54 PM
Nah, it is a good thing, he needs to knock the rust off before training camp...

GO YAO !!

DD

The Franchise
07-15-2008, 02:46 PM
Who cares? As long as Yao is playing with T-Mac, Yao will never make it past the first round anyways. Might as well tank the season in hope of getting the #1 overall pick to replace T-Mac with.

You just want T mac in Detroit!!!:lol

kupogrey
07-15-2008, 04:28 PM

Wait are you implying tanking a season to get a great prospect?

Why does that sound familar??...

healthy robinson??? losing last games of the season?

OH THATS RIGHT, WHAT THE SPURS DID LOL

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-15-2008, 04:35 PM

Yes because there's loads of proof swirling about the internet that shows Robinson was healthy to play.

jack sommerset
07-15-2008, 04:54 PM

Its a sad sad thing that tanking became ok in the NBA. I like the fact the lottery gives a good tank job something to think about but I hope the NBA comes up something more to go against tanking teams. Obviously its bad sportsmanship.

angelbelow
07-15-2008, 05:45 PM
im happy for yao. glad to see him back, i hope he stays heatlhy.

T Park
07-15-2008, 05:48 PM
Nah, it is a good thing, he needs to knock the rust off before training camp...

GO YAO !!

DD

Why do I get the feeling this postering is looking around wildly as he says this while saying "yeah thats the ticket" after every time saying "Nah, its a good thing!"

Guajalote
07-15-2008, 11:09 PM
Why do I get the feeling this postering is looking around wildly as he says this while saying "yeah thats the ticket" after every time saying "Nah, its a good thing!"

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x309/Guajalote/lovitzliar.jpg

Yeah, my wife, Morgan Fairchild, whom I've seen naked.

Roxsfan
07-15-2008, 11:53 PM

did you come up with that on your own or did your mommy whisper that in your ear at bath time:sleep

kupogrey
07-16-2008, 12:59 AM
Yes because there's loads of proof swirling about the internet that shows Robinson was healthy to play.

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Will_the_San_Antonio_Spurs_tank_another_season_in_ order_to_get_a_number_one_draft_pick_when_Tim_Dunc an_gets_too_old

i just thought this was hilarious as well.

i googled "spurs tanking duncan"

Guajalote
07-16-2008, 01:46 AM
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Will_the_San_Antonio_Spurs_tank_another_season_in_ order_to_get_a_number_one_draft_pick_when_Tim_Dunc an_gets_too_old

i just thought this was hilarious as well.

i googled "spurs tanking duncan"

Oh man, that's hilarious.

First, it's a Wiki :rolleyes

Second, the spelling looks like a blindfolded drunk chose letters at random out of a fishbowl to put up on a readerboard to form some kind of semi-rational thought.

I guess all we need now is some ghost/ufo hunters to confirm the facts, then report it to the National Enquirer to make it a trifecta. :lol

kupogrey
07-16-2008, 11:47 AM
Oh man, that's hilarious.

First, it's a Wiki :rolleyes

Second, the spelling looks like a blindfolded drunk chose letters at random out of a fishbowl to put up on a readerboard to form some kind of semi-rational thought.

I guess all we need now is some ghost/ufo hunters to confirm the facts, then report it to the National Enquirer to make it a trifecta. :lol

wikipedia is always right... written by the people for the people :lol

spurs_fan_in_exile
07-16-2008, 12:18 PM
I'd be sweating bullets as a Rockets fan. I respect the hell out of Yao's patriotism and competitive spirit, but he's pretty much going to be expected to carry that team and I'll guarantee you the Chinese national program does not give a flying fuck about whether or not they run Yao into the ground in pursuit of a medal in an Olympics they are hosting.

MavDynasty
07-16-2008, 12:20 PM
ChrisWebber v2

The Franchise
07-16-2008, 12:44 PM
I'd be sweating bullets as a Rockets fan. I respect the hell out of Yao's patriotism and competitive spirit, but he's pretty much going to be expected to carry that team and I'll guarantee you the Chinese national program does not give a flying fuck about whether or not they run Yao into the ground in pursuit of a medal in an Olympics they are hosting.

I don't think it will be a problem. He will probably only play one or two games anyway.:lol

Guajalote
07-16-2008, 01:20 PM
wikipedia is always right... written by the people for the people :lol

:lol

Yes, apparently by the illiterate people for the illiterate people.

Hukt ahn fawnuks wrkt fer mee

Guajalote
07-16-2008, 01:23 PM

+1

It was my understanding that he would miss the Olympics, and with luck would be back in time for the start of the '08-'09 season.

Manu apparently had a bum ankle (must have rolled it or something) and I really hope he doesn't play. Sure, I have my own selfish reasons, but there's also this fellow named Grant Hill who played through pain.

Yao, do yourself a favor. Be the bench captain and call it an Olympics.

The Franchise
07-16-2008, 01:36 PM
+1

It was my understanding that he would miss the Olympics, and with luck would be back in time for the start of the '08-'09 season.

Manu apparently had a bum ankle (must have rolled it or something) and I really hope he doesn't play. Sure, I have my own selfish reasons, but there's also this fellow named Grant Hill who played through pain.

Yao, do yourself a favor. Be the bench captain and call it an Olympics.
Yao has no choice in the matter.