PDA

View Full Version : Quinton "Rampage" Jackson arrested

dallaskd
07-15-2008, 07:35 PM
Former UFC light heavyweight champion Quinton “Rampage” Jackson was arrested Tuesday afternoon at about 1:30 p.m. Pacific Time in Newport Beach, Calif. on suspicion of felony evading, hit-and-run and reckless driving.

According to Lt. Paul Dondero of the Costa Mesa Police Department, “A Costa Mesa traffic officer observed a large pick-up weaving in and out of traffic” with a blown out front left tire. The driver of that pick-up was later identified as Quinton Jackson.

The officer attempted to get the driver to stop, but he did not. Instead, he continued to evade police as he headed southbound on Newport Boulevard. At one point, the driver crossed over a median, “causing pedestrians to flee, going the wrong way on the northbound side of Newport Boulevard,” heading into oncoming traffic.

The chase continued with the driver hitting a parked vehicle, running through red lights, and causing more pedestrians to jump out of the path of the pick-up, one front left tire now disintegrated.

The pursuit eventually came to a halt as the pick-up stopped near 18th Street on the Balboa Peninsula.

After being taken into custody by the Costa Mesa Police Department, Jackson was later transferred to the Orange County Police Department with bail set at $25,000.

Lt. Dondero said that Jackson is also under suspicion from the California Highway Patrol of being involved in two other separate collisions that occurred earlier on the 55 freeway.

There were no charges of drugs or alcohol being involved, according to Lt. Dondero.

UFC president Dana White reportedly has flown to Orange County to post bail for Jackson, according to Kevin Iole and Dave Meltzer of Yahoo! Sports.

http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/templates/dailynews.asp?articleid=6700&zoneid=2

dallaskd
07-15-2008, 07:36 PM
UFC president Dana White reportedly has flown to Orange County to post bail for Jackson

its good to see daddy came to save his baby

Evan
07-15-2008, 07:46 PM
its good to see daddy came to save his baby

Whats wrong with that, exactly?

Had he not gone he would have been shit on, same if he went.

dallaskd
07-15-2008, 07:47 PM
Whats wrong with that, exactly?

Had he not gone he would have been shit on, same if he went.

NFL teams dont bail out their players. why should dana white?

dallaskd
07-15-2008, 07:48 PM
I dont think dana would get shit if he didnt bail him. jackson needs to learn a lesson from this. celeberties should be able to do what they want.

Evan
07-15-2008, 07:50 PM
NFL teams dont bail out their players. why should dana white?

Yes they do. Oh yes they do.

In a way.

Instead of actually paying for bail they supply them with a horde of "team lawyers" . Jerry Jones and every other team owner who has a pile of cash have kept their entire team out of jail time and time again.

Why do you think these guys do probation when we do jail time? Teams protect their investments.

dallaskd
07-15-2008, 07:52 PM
do you think dana would have bailed out Kevin Burns, had he done this?

Evan
07-15-2008, 07:56 PM
do you think dana would have bailed out Kevin Burns, had he done this?

No..why would he? Just like Jerry Jones would lend his lawyer team to Newman but not the third string right guard.

Its the way it works. Protect your stars and let the fodder die. Every sports organization does this. They have to.

You can't let your stars rot away in jail.

Evan
07-15-2008, 08:00 PM
dallaskd

Why do you think Pacman Jones is living rent free in Turtle Creek but Danny Amendola is probably sharing a 3 bedroom with some old friends?

djohn14
07-15-2008, 08:58 PM
Evan is right...its not fair....but thats the way life goes. I lost a lot of respect for Quinton.

Evan
07-15-2008, 09:22 PM
Evan is right...its not fair....but thats the way life goes. I lost a lot of respect for Quinton.

It sucks but that's the way life is.

Whisky Dog
07-15-2008, 09:49 PM
Only children and immature adults are concerned with fairness. Fairness doesnt exist in our reality. And that's a good thing.

dbreiden83080
07-16-2008, 12:00 AM
WTF is the matter with him??

Guess he took the loss to Griffin (Bad decision) a little hard. If he was not wasted then why in the hell is he acting like this?? Looks like nobody got hurt or worse possibly killed, so he should avoid any major jail time, i would think. Heavy fines and a shitload of community service are in his future.

T Park
07-16-2008, 04:10 AM
Shocking.

He seemed like such a levelheaded fellow talking about "maiming" and other cool terms.

Evan
07-16-2008, 08:07 AM
He was medically unfit for jail. I wonder what that means and they say booze or drugs isn't involved. Sounds like a bad reaction to medication or something.

Anti.Hero
07-16-2008, 08:56 AM
http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/stadium.weblogsinc.com/tmz/images/2008/07/_0002_Layer-1-copy-7_full.jpg
http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/stadium.weblogsinc.com/tmz/images/2008/07/2_3_full.jpg

IX_Equilibrium
07-16-2008, 09:24 AM
Let me plaster a huge image of myself on the side of a huge truck and go on a series of hit and runs. Then run from the cops to top it all off. Fucking genius.

IX_Equilibrium
07-16-2008, 09:24 AM
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3105/2672399685_0265eb8e71_o.jpg

IX_Equilibrium
07-16-2008, 09:25 AM
http://i336.photobucket.com/albums/n323/bremerxxx/z12-1.jpg

IX_Equilibrium
07-16-2008, 09:29 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v639/Drigertornado/duuurpos6.jpg

Evan
07-16-2008, 09:30 AM
Oh man those made my morning

ATRAIN
07-16-2008, 11:16 AM
Thats a pretty sweet truck minus the pictures and cam paint job.

LEONARD
07-16-2008, 11:21 AM
So weird...curious to find out WTF caused him to do this. Doesn't seem like him...

Also weird, Tracy Lee pulled down dozens of pages of pictures from the past week (he was still in Vegas) while hanging out with him...
http://www.combatlifestyle.com/pics/

He had gotten a new religious tattoo on his arm...

Anti.Hero
07-16-2008, 11:23 AM
Thats a pretty sweet truck minus the pictures and cam paint job.

And the rockstar wheels.

LEONARD
07-16-2008, 11:24 AM
http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f2/rampage-havin-fun-vegas-pics-813512/

ATRAIN
07-16-2008, 11:25 AM
And the rockstar wheels.

You not digging on the Toyo tires?

Anti.Hero
07-16-2008, 11:38 AM
You not digging on the Toyo tires?

haha nah Toyos are good, but every 17 yr old kid with a lifted truck buys rockstar wheels :king

That is a sweet truck though. No doubt Rampage didn't even have to drop a penny on it.

ATRAIN
07-16-2008, 11:44 AM
haha nah Toyos are good, but every 17 yr old kid with a lifted truck buys rockstar wheels :king

That is a sweet truck though. No doubt Rampage didn't even have to drop a penny on it.

How can you tell they are Rockstar wheels? I dont know much about wheels so enlighten me. I want to get a lift for my Tahoe though but im not 17 :( would that be bad?

Anti.Hero
07-16-2008, 12:12 PM
How can you tell they are Rockstar wheels? I dont know much about wheels so enlighten me. I want to get a lift for my Tahoe though but im not 17 :( would that be bad?

http://www.titantalk.com/forums/attachments/buy-sell/59906-kmc-rockstar-group-buy-kmc.rockstar.black.jpg

They are fine, I was just giving some shit. :lol They are not nearly as popular in Texas as they are in Cali. Depending on how rough you will be on your tahoe, check into Cognito and CST other than the entry level Fabtech/ProComp lift kits.

If you go with 35" tires or bigger you will want to regear to 4.56's so it won't strain the transmission as much.

Evan
07-16-2008, 12:24 PM
So weird...curious to find out WTF caused him to do this. Doesn't seem like him...

Also weird, Tracy Lee pulled down dozens of pages of pictures from the past week (he was still in Vegas) while hanging out with him...
http://www.combatlifestyle.com/pics/

He had gotten a new religious tattoo on his arm...

almost seems like a diabetic shock or something

dallaskd
07-16-2008, 02:14 PM
that truck is badass but lame at the same time. i mean seriously whats with a sticker of himself doing on there? :lol

dallaskd
07-16-2008, 02:16 PM
http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f2/rampage-havin-fun-vegas-pics-813512/

I had no idea Jackson was a christian much less religious at all. ehh maybe hes not idk. that tattoo is awesome though. one of the best ive ever seen seriously.

dallaskd
07-16-2008, 02:17 PM
http://www.throwdown.com/attachments/gallery/158/tat_arm_almost_done.jpg

http://www.throwdown.com/attachments/gallery/158/done.jpg

Evan
07-16-2008, 02:18 PM
I had no idea Jackson was a christian much less religious at all. ehh maybe hes not idk. that tattoo is awesome though. one of the best ive ever seen seriously.

Hard core born again but he doesn't talk about it too much.

IX_Equilibrium
07-16-2008, 06:50 PM
http://www.getdhs.com/rampsky.jpg

Evan
07-20-2008, 04:10 PM
Looks like we got our reason.

We finally tracked down UFC president Dana White for an update on Rampage Jackson's condition. There's still much that is unknown and doctors are far from an official diagnosis. White told Yahoo! Sports that Jackson was initially going to stay in care for 72 hours but that has now been extended.

"I think it's going to be a while before we get him back. I'm talking as a friend. It's a sensitive issue. Rampage, the UFC fighter, who cares about that. We're concerned about Rampage, the human being. What matters is his personal life."

White also talked about some strange circumstances that led up to Jackson's episode Tuesday.

"He was up for four days and he was doing some crazy fasting thing. He was up for four days, drinking water and energy drinks, that was it. It's not good.

White said he knew as soon as he arrived in Southern California on Tuesday night that something was seriously wrong with Jackson.

"Rampage doesn't do drugs. Rampage really doesn't even drink. This whole thing made no sense to me. (Then) when I got there it made a lot of sense."

http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/blog/mma_experts/post/White-breaks-silence-on-Quinton-Jackson;_ylt=AjmoQdN6LWb0cRsMZXtYonk5nYcB?urn=mma, 94745

djohn14
07-20-2008, 04:40 PM
Hm....strange....Im glade everything was Ok overall with him and nothing serious happened, but is Dana going to condone this type of actions. Is he gonna let it slide. Yes you worry about his health first and formost, but Im anxious to see what Dana does.

dallaskd
07-20-2008, 08:23 PM
Hm....strange....Im glade everything was Ok overall with him and nothing serious happened, but is Dana going to condone this type of actions. Is he gonna let it slide. Yes you worry about his health first and formost, but Im anxious to see what Dana does.

He's not going to do a thing

dbreiden83080
07-20-2008, 08:49 PM

It is in the UFC's best interest that Rampage get his act together and get back in the octagon at some point. He is too good and marketable. White will support him and hope he gets back to just being a bad ass fighter.

angelbelow
07-22-2008, 04:10 AM
im a big fan of jackson the fighter, but jackson the intellect is very questionable.

Evan
07-29-2008, 09:32 AM
According to a source over at Cage Potatoe, former UFC Light Heavyweight Champion Quinton "Rampage" Jackson may have a few more problems than just getting arrested:

Rampage thinks he’s God…He had a falling out with his trainer a couple of days before the first arrest. Basically he has lost his mind and is talking very religious and is saying that he is God. This is the main thing I wanted to keep hidden, but with the second arrest and Dana talking it will come out regardless. He needs some serious help. I don’t know if you would call it schizophrenia or bipolar disorder or what have you, but whatever it is, basically it’s become impossible to have a conversation with him. He is delusional.

djohn14
07-29-2008, 10:17 AM
Wow...strange. It sounds like he'd be foaming from the mouth when you meet him. I hope he gets better soon.

LEONARD
07-31-2008, 07:26 AM
Tracy Lee visited Rampage at his house on Tuesday...
http://www.combatlifestyle.com/pics/view_album.php?id=1068

djohn14
08-02-2008, 03:48 PM
A pregnant woman injured during former UFC light heavyweight champion Quinton “Rampage” Jackson’s alleged hit-and-run incident last month has miscarried, according to her fiance.

The news comes courtesy of a report in the Daily Pilot.

While Costa Mesa Police initially indicated there were no serious injuries sustained during the series of accidents on the 55 freeway, it was was revealed a day later that 38-year old Holli Griggs did in fact require medical attention.

Griggs contacted the Daily Pilot and issued a comment in the days proceeding the accident but stated she did not know the severity of her injures. Now, according to the paper, her 16-week old son has died.

While the article quotes Griggs’ fiance, Bill Krebs, as stating that Griggs sustained a miscarriage, the article does not offer any hard evidence that the child’s death was in fact related to the accident. However, Krebs states at the hospital, doctors became concerned about Griggs and her unborn child due to a loss of fluid in the womb. During an examination days prior, Krebs said that doctors indicated that Griggs “had enough fluid for three babies.”

The report indicates that Griggs and Krebs have retained an attorney and are considering legal action. But civil action could be the least of Jackson’s concerns. As of now, he has been charged with hit-and-run, evading and reckless driving. However, it’s possible Jackson could face additional charges.

“Our office will make sure we take as much time as necessary to make a proper filing decision and including all evidence and medical information to make sure any charges that are filed are fair and accurate,” District Attorney spokeswoman Farrah Emami is quoted as saying.

Evan
08-02-2008, 03:59 PM
He's in so much trouble, What a shame. The best thing to happen to the UFC is him not being a title holder anymore.

I expect some serious insanity defense.

tlongII
08-02-2008, 04:02 PM
What a shame. I really like Rampage, but he clearly has some issues that he needs to resolve.

Evan
08-02-2008, 04:04 PM
What a shame. I really like Rampage, but he clearly has some issues that he needs to resolve.

Yeah he needs to be put on the shelf for a bit

djohn14
08-02-2008, 04:10 PM
Its so sad...this is somebody many people look up to. You can forgive but you can never forget!

Evan
08-02-2008, 07:19 PM
I'm reserving any opinion on this...probably a bunch of BS.

djohn14
08-02-2008, 07:54 PM
I'm reserving any opinion on this...probably a bunch of BS.

Im not sure I follow?

Evan
08-02-2008, 08:25 PM
Im not sure I follow?

I'm just saying this story sounds too weird.. ....Not sure I believe it anymore.

djohn14
08-02-2008, 10:28 PM
I'm just saying this story sounds too weird.. ....Not sure I believe it anymore.

Ok...I dont know why but I thought you were saying the WHOLE story was made up. I see know. I dont know, but wether its true or not, Rampage screwed up bigtime.

Evan
08-02-2008, 10:38 PM
Ok...I dont know why but I thought you were saying the WHOLE story was made up. I see know. I dont know, but wether its true or not, Rampage screwed up bigtime.

Of course...

But the details are now too weird. I believe the basics of the story...but everything else...I dunno.

djohn14
08-07-2008, 11:19 PM
MINNEAPOLIS – Former UFC light heavyweight champion Quinton “Rampage” Jackson said a combination of personal problems and a lack of sleeping and eating led to the July 15 incident culminating in his arrest in Costa Mesa, Calif.

The popular mixed martial arts fighter was arrested by Costa Mesa police following a car chase and booked into the Orange County jail on suspicion of felony evading, hit and run and reckless driving. Prosecutors have yet to file charges against Jackson.

“I’m not allowed to say everything,” Jackson told Yahoo! Sports on Thursday in his first interview since the arrest. “I was hurt by some personal problems I had. It caused me not to eat and not to sleep. Emotional, yeah.”

Earlier, Jackson had spoken briefly at a news conference with UFC president Dana White to promote UFC 87 at the Mall of America, his first public comments following the incident in which police allege he also swerved his truck onto a sidewalk near pedestrian traffic and continued driving on a rim after his tire blew out.

White, who introduced Jackson to a large crowd, said Jackson’s consumption of too many energy drinks, combined with the lack of eating and sleeping, plus a split with trainer Juanito Ibarra, led to Jackson’s problems last month.

One of the people Jackson allegedly sideswiped during the car chase on the 55 Freeway, 38-year-old Holli Griggs of Huntington Beach, Calif., was 16 weeks pregnant with a boy and suffered a miscarriage in the aftermath of the accident, her fiancé, Bill Krebs, told the Newport Beach Daily Pilot.

While Jackson did not address the loss of Griggs’ unborn child, White tried to rationalize that the accident had little to do with the miscarriage.

“That one is out there like, ‘He hit her and she lost her baby,’ ” White said. “It was a week later. He knocked her mirror off her car. Rampage said, and he’ll tell you when you talk to him, ‘I care about everybody. I care about all life. I would never hurt anybody.’

“That’s the way he is,” White said. “Now he’s in a situation where somebody’s trying to civil sue him and make some money. Absolutely not. Absolutely not, this is not a criminal thing. No way. I’m no lawyer and I’m no judge, (but) this stuff will be worked out in the court.”

In the 72 hours following the accident, Jackson underwent psychological evaluations, White said, and was determined not to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs.

“He literally was sick and had delirium,” White said.

Part of Jackson’s problems, White said, stemmed from the split with Ibarra following Jackson’s loss to Forrest Griffin on July 5 in Las Vegas. Jackson declined to divulge details when asked about Ibarra. When it was noted that Ibarra seemed like a father figure, Jackson grimaced.

“That’s what hurts,” Jackson said. “I can’t say. You guys will find out soon enough.”

Jackson said he already has begun training and is eager to fight again as soon as possible. He said he has been working with a boxing coach to improve his striking. Though Jackson believed he deserved to get the decision against Griffin, he did not blame the alleged incident on the loss.

“It was a close fight, but I thought I won,” Jackson said. “I thought I did enough to win. I felt like I won the first round. I feel like I won the third round, and I felt like I won the fourth round. I felt like he won the … second and fifth. That’s how I feel, but I’m not a judge.

“It is what it is. I don’t care about fights because I’m a fighter. That’s not going to be the last fight I lose. Who cares about that? I don’t care about winning the fight. Who cares? I’m going to come back, train hard and make more money.”

Jackson said he was reluctant to speak because “I don’t want to get into trouble with anybody.” He thanked White and the UFC and said, “I love all these guys in the UFC. They’ve been great in supporting me. I’m happy to be out here and be a regular person again.”

dbreiden83080
08-07-2008, 11:23 PM
^^

Nice he is on the road back, hopefully Rampage is not tied down with legal battles for years to come.

Evan
08-08-2008, 06:34 AM
he has a tough road ahead.

LEONARD
08-09-2008, 08:17 AM
Here's the Escalade that Rampage hit...
http://www.fightlinker.com/pics/rearview.jpg

A little more than "he knocked her mirror off her car" as Dana said...
http://www.fightlinker.com/?p=2907

Evan
08-09-2008, 08:40 AM
Here's the Escalade that Rampage hit...
http://www.fightlinker.com/pics/rearview.jpg

A little more than "he knocked her mirror off her car" as Dana said...
http://www.fightlinker.com/?p=2907

Cars are supposed to crumple like that when they get hit. It directs the impact away from the driver. You can barely swipe a modern car and it will can look like a tank hit it.

One reason insurance is so freaking expensive is modern car's are rated on how much they cost to repair which is why a escalade is a fortune to insure. Its assumed every car will get smashed to pieces so they charge on future repairs.

That impact zone looks like a cake walk.

Evan
08-09-2008, 08:50 AM
And I can't tell for sure but it looks like the airbags didn't deploy from the left panel and driver panel.

Any insurance company would tell her to go f*ck herself if she claimed any medical claims without some hard core proof.

dallaskd
08-23-2008, 12:31 AM
so quinton looks back and ready to go. he looked fine at UFC 87.

dallaskd
08-25-2008, 08:16 PM
Rampage gets 2 felonies...

http://sherdog.com/news/news/jackson-charged-in-july-15-arrest-14186

Evan
08-25-2008, 08:19 PM
Rampage gets 2 felonies...

http://sherdog.com/news/news/jackson-charged-in-july-15-arrest-14186

and will walk on both.

dallaskd
08-28-2008, 07:48 PM
jackson pleaded not guilty today