PDA

View Full Version : Stupid laptop plug

Slydragon
07-16-2008, 01:17 AM
So my laptop is not even a year old and the damn ac in on the laptop is breaking. I have to wiggle the wire for it to start charging the battery.

Sucks, I know I can get it fix but it should not even be a issue in less than a year.

ChumpDumper
07-16-2008, 02:52 AM
Fortunately that's about the easiest thing to fix on a laptop.

I had a brand new laptop that came with a bad AC jack. I was within the return time so I just took it back.

Heath Ledger
07-16-2008, 05:19 AM
Its an expensive fix if out of warranty we paid $250 or $300 for that kind of repair after freight both ways.

mouse
07-17-2008, 02:35 PM
Mr.notebook charges 75.00 to ship it to Austin and another 175.00 for the work.

a man on Craig's list will do it for 100.00.

Or buy another used board for 50.00 off eBay.

mouse
07-17-2008, 05:35 PM
I talked to EV he will fix it for 50 if the board is by itself 100.00 if he has to take it apart.

http://sanotebooks.ecrater.com/

Call him now!!

430-0812

N.Y. Johnny
07-17-2008, 07:11 PM
I talked to EV he will fix it for 50 if the board is by itself 100.00 if he has to take it apart.

http://sanotebooks.ecrater.com/

Call him now!!

430-0812

I have an ASUS eeEpc with a bad AC, will he fix those? Is that the right number? I called and got a Laundry mat:wow

ducks
07-17-2008, 08:40 PM
buy a mac
no problems

Steve Perry
07-17-2008, 09:41 PM
I have an ASUS eeEpc with a bad AC, will he fix those? Is that the right number? I called and got a Laundry mat:wow

Whats wrong with fixing laptops while you do laundry? I just got off the phone with the vato and I have a story to tell you.

Go get 100.00 from your ATM and he will fix your notebook keep in mind it takes 3 days to order the part. So you will have to find another PC to get your spank on! :smokin

You can also go to eBay and find a board or a notebook like your for 50-80 dollars. The notebook may be missing the screen but you just need the board.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Asus-EEE-PC-4G-XP-3-Mos-Old-for-Parts-or-Repair_W0QQitemZ330252976945QQihZ014QQcategoryZ177 QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Slydragon
07-17-2008, 11:26 PM
I took it to Best Buy, I have there warranty but told them I should not used it because it's only 7 months old. So geek squad is shipping it off to get fix under the manufacturer warranty. I pulled a Mouse and wipe the HD clean, I back up everything to my external hd.

Hopefully everything goes well. My friends sister had a hard time with her broken laptop and geek squad.

mouse
07-18-2008, 03:35 PM
You did well my son. :tu

Dex
07-18-2008, 03:58 PM
Yep, you did about all you could. Getting it fixed under the warranty is the most cost effective option for you, and pretty much any company is either gonna make you mail it in or at least bring it to a service shop for warrantied-work. Suck that it happened within the first year, but that is what the warranty is for, and 9 times out of 10, everything goes just fine and you'll have your computer back in a week or two.

Definitely smart thinking backing up and wiping the drive, though. These are still human hands these machines are being worked on by, and people can do irresponsible and stupid things, so good job looking after your own interests.

You'd be amazed how many people send in their computers for HD-related repairs, and then are fucking amazed when their data isn't on the new drive when it comes back.

ducks
07-18-2008, 04:42 PM
I took it to Best Buy, I have there warranty but told them I should not used it because it's only 7 months old. So geek squad is shipping it off to get fix under the manufacturer warranty. I pulled a Mouse and wipe the HD clean, I back up everything to my external hd.

Hopefully everything goes well. My friends sister had a hard time with her broken laptop and geek squad.

good for you:flag::flag: