PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone have TPs stats in his summer league??

lebomb
07-16-2008, 11:42 AM
...........maybe if everyone sees that he had an off game or two like Mr. Hill, they will step back from the ledge. :toast

urunobili
07-16-2008, 11:43 AM
game by game not only the averages please...

dbestpro
07-16-2008, 11:54 AM
http://jockbio.com/Bios/Parker/Parker_bio.html

Tony was elated to be selected by San Antonio. Wasting no time, he signed and flew to Colorado to play for the Spurs in the Rocky Mountain Revue, a summer league for NBA hopefuls. In four games, he averaged 18 points, nine assists, four rebounds and two steals. Just as impressive was the way he adjusted to his new surroundings, on and off the court. Tony wasn't the least bit bothered by the pace of play or size of his opponents. He also blended easily into American culture. The Spurs began to wonder whether they had lucked into a potential superstar

boutons_
07-16-2008, 12:04 PM
"potential superstar"

well, the Spurs had to settle, so far, just for a Finals MVP and PG through 3 Titles.

lebomb
07-16-2008, 12:04 PM

Tony was elated to be selected by San Antonio. Wasting no time, he signed and flew to Colorado to play for the Spurs in the Rocky Mountain Revue, a summer league for NBA hopefuls. In four games, he averaged 18 points, nine assists, four rebounds and two steals. Just as impressive was the way he adjusted to his new surroundings, on and off the court. Tony wasn't the least bit bothered by the pace of play or size of his opponents. He also blended easily into American culture. The Spurs began to wonder whether they had lucked into a potential superstar

Damn!!! .............nevermind, go ahead and jump yall!!!

Kindergarten Cop
07-16-2008, 12:10 PM
I could only find the actual individual game stats for Tony Parker for his very first summer league game.

Game 1 vs. Cleveland: 29 pts (10/18 FG, 7-9 FT), 5 reb, 4 ass, 4 steals

2centsworth
07-16-2008, 12:11 PM

:rollin

2centsworth
07-16-2008, 12:11 PM
I could only find the actual individual game stats for Tony Parker for his very first summer league game.

Game 1 vs. Cleveland: 29 pts (10/18 FG, 7-9 FT), 5 reb, 4 ass, 4 steals

damn I love Tony Parker.

xtremesteven33
07-16-2008, 12:13 PM
CIA Pop.......

:depressed

FromWayDowntown
07-16-2008, 12:14 PM
Can't find the boxes, but here are recaps of all the games from the '01 RMR:

http://www.nba.com/jazz/news/rmr_stats_index.html?nav=SiteFragment

JPB
07-16-2008, 12:16 PM

Makes you remember how spurs are blessed having picked TP and Manu.

jayc23
07-16-2008, 12:18 PM
why the fuck are people comparing Hill to parker... nobody has said hes going to be a fucking all star.. hes a developing back up point guard.. and will prolly be more effective on the wing

jayc23
07-16-2008, 12:19 PM
I've seen damn near every game Hill's played in his life... and hes rarely ever played the role they are having him play... i would think playing against atleast some NBA talent at such a critical position as point for the first time...would be tough.. i have a question... was parker a pure point when he got to summer league..?

2centsworth
07-16-2008, 12:22 PM
I've seen damn near every game Hill's played in his life... and hes rarely ever played the role they are having him play... i would think playing against atleast some NBA talent at such a critical position as point for the first time...would be tough.. i have a question... was parker a pure point when he got to summer league..?

parker is a pure baller (scorer) who can pass, but doesn't need to. George just needs to let loose and score. Forget trying to facilitate.

nkdlunch
07-16-2008, 12:25 PM
rookie Parker was a freak. a kid that you could pass the ball on the break in a big playoff game and he will make that basket.

we will be lucky if Hill is 50% what parker is

benefactor
07-16-2008, 12:32 PM
As retarded as this thread is...somehow I knew it was coming.

callo1
07-16-2008, 12:39 PM
I'm amazed at how quickly people have already judged and "given up" on the Spurs new prospects.

Question: Where is Charles Smith aka. the Spider Man these days?

Surely he must be an allstar by now...he had 35 pts. in his 3rd NBDL game:rolleyes

coopdogg3
07-16-2008, 12:41 PM
No one is giving up on Hill. He's been disappointing in his first 2 summer league games, but that's it.

TP pretty much wowed everybody from the word "go". But the Spurs were lucky with TP.

angelbelow
07-16-2008, 12:42 PM

i agree with this although ive never seen hill games outside of the 2 summer league. he needs to embrace the situation rather than try to impress, he should have a bounce back game no doubt.

peacemaker885
07-16-2008, 12:47 PM
I think the issue here is what they want George to do. As one poster said, this is the fist time he has seen George do what he is doing right now. So lets wait and see if he can adjust. I'm pretty sure the coaches want to see how far they can move George from one end to the other.

hater
07-16-2008, 12:48 PM
I have no worries. Hill will settle down once he gets an earful from Pop

timaios
07-16-2008, 01:05 PM
TP was playing in french professional basketball league when he was drafted by the Spurs !
He was a pro, playing against pro !!!

Besides, TP was a true PG in french league...
George Hill was a SG in college, he needs to learn a new position, the most difficult position in basketball. And he has new teammates...
It takes time.
You can't do that in 2 games.

What do we want from Hill for his 1st year with Spurs.
4-5 pts 2-3 ast 2-3 reb in 15 min.

Come on, let the kid take some time to develop.

dbestpro
07-16-2008, 01:22 PM
TP was playing in french professional basketball league when he was drafted by the Spurs !
He was a pro, playing against pro !!!

Besides, TP was a true PG in french league...
George Hill was a SG in college, he needs to learn a new position, the most difficult position in basketball. And he has new teammates...
It takes time.
You can't do that in 2 games.

What do we want from Hill for his 1st year with Spurs.
4-5 pts 2-3 ast 2-3 reb in 15 min.

Come on, let the kid take some time to develop.

This is why 100% and beyond a shadow of a doubt the kid needs to play the year in the NBDL. Pop is one who screwed the pooch when he said this kid could help immediately on both ends of the floor.

xtremesteven33
07-16-2008, 01:24 PM
This is why 100% and beyond a shadow of a doubt the kid needs to play the year in the NBDL. Pop is one who screwed the pooch when he said this kid could help immediately on both ends of the floor.

i dont think pop would say those things if he wasnt fully sure he could contribute alot for the team.

this is PreZ PoP:bking

DMX7
07-16-2008, 01:28 PM
why the fuck are people comparing Hill to parker... nobody has said hes going to be a fucking all star.. hes a developing back up point guard.. and will prolly be more effective on the wing

Yeah, that's a good point except he's here to play PG so playing Wing isn't really an ideal situation.

timaios
07-16-2008, 02:05 PM

George Hill plays good defense and takes rebounds.
That's enough to be a back-up for Tony.
The season begins in 4 months... lots of time. He will make progress.

DPG21920
07-16-2008, 02:07 PM
He has the tools to be a better Rondo in my opinion. He is a capable defender (not quite as good as Rondo) can handle the ball just as well, shoot better (although they are not falling) and can rebound. He is not the pure athlete that Rondo is, but close.

spursfan09
07-16-2008, 04:40 PM

:lol

It's kind of bad to compare them. TP was just special. Hopefully Hill is just half as special as he will just be back up anyway

Ed Helicopter Jones
07-16-2008, 08:56 PM
I'm amazed at how quickly people have already judged and "given up" on the Spurs new prospects.

Question: Where is Charles Smith aka. the Spider Man these days?

Surely he must be an allstar by now...he had 35 pts. in his 3rd NBDL game:rolleyes

He was the finals MVP in Europe a year ago, was one of the A-1 league's top scorers and in the top 5 in steals.

fotan2
07-16-2008, 09:09 PM
TP is more like a SG , sometimes he doesnt set up the team well. thats why Brent Barry would play as a PG in game 4 of WCF.

spursjustice
07-16-2008, 09:16 PM
damn.. TP was pretty special...

Sway
07-16-2008, 09:22 PM

Well I guess that makes you family or a close friend. Either way, you probably arent going to be very objective.

callo1
07-16-2008, 10:24 PM
He was the finals MVP in Europe a year ago, was one of the A-1 league's top scorers and in the top 5 in steals.

My bad...thought we were talking about the NBA

lakehorn
07-16-2008, 10:31 PM

I think most people believe better players were available at the 26th pick instead of Hill, I kind of agree. James Gist has been a pleasant surprise so far of the Spurs three draft picks.