PDA

View Full Version : Spanoulis Is In Talks With Spurs

Kill_Bill_Pana
07-16-2008, 06:43 PM
Yes is true I can confirm. He is think VERY hard about decision. Is biggest one for him in life.

http://www.sport-fm.gr/article/138653

jcrod
07-16-2008, 06:45 PM
Can you translate there for us Buddy?

I don't get this move? He will not play ahead of Manu or Mason or even Udoka.

ChumpDumper
07-16-2008, 06:47 PM
If he wants play, the Spurs can't possibly overpay the guy.

Big P
07-16-2008, 06:49 PM

He's a PG.

peacemaker885

Isn't this guy a PG?

Leetonidas
He's a combo guard.

manufor3

i know

Brutalis
07-16-2008, 06:51 PM
He's a little bitch is what he is.

DPG21920
07-16-2008, 06:52 PM
If he was motivated he would surely help, be just what we need and give us time to develop Hill. I just do not believe there is any reason on both sides though. That would make drafting Hill pointless.

jcrod
I thought he was a combo, more 2 than 1 though??

DPG21920
Unless they really think Hill could be a premier pg in this league and they want to have him around for the future.

DPG21920
07-16-2008, 06:53 PM
More 1 than 2 imo.

Nbadan
The Proolympiako tournament is a prime opportunity for skaouters groups to attend some NBA players who are under capacity, a position in «magical world».

One of them is our Vassilis Spanoulis.Ta rights «V-Span» belong to a group of San Antonio and George Felton, who is in our country on behalf of the Americans, has a better view of him. «I liked quite a few things I saw in the game. It is a very good player. I hope to persuade to return some day in the U.S. », were the words on the Greek gkarnt, after a year in Rokets, left the« American dream »and returned to Panathinaikos.

The Felton course, besides Spanouli, has his eyes turned to Tiagko Spliter, the Brazilian aso of Taou, the rights of which also belong to Spers.

rAm
He's a little bitch is what he is.

Well you are our resident expert on the matter.

peacemaker885
07-16-2008, 06:54 PM
If he was motivated he would surely help, be just what we need and give us time to develop Hill. I just do not believe there is any reason on both sides though. That would make drafting Hill pointless.

Hill is in charge of his future. Remember that Kidd was almost taken in even with Parker. Hill should step up.

ceperez
Okay... using Google and some quick edits:

The Proolympiako tournament is a prime opportunity for scouts to attend some NBA players who are under capacity, a position in «magical world».

One of them is our Vassilis Spanoulis. His rights belong to San Antonio. George Felton, who is in our country on behalf of the Americans, has a better view of him. "I liked quite a few things I saw in his game. He is a very good player. I hope to persuade to return some day in the U.S.", were the words on the Greek guard, after a year in Rockets, he left the American dream and returned to Panathinaikos.

For Felton , besides Spanouli, he has his eyes turned to Tiagko Spliter, the Brazilian of Tau, the rights of which also belongs to the Spurs.

-- Doesn't look like he's interested yet in returning.

gmanrulz
i bet he could make atleast 1 shot in 2 summer league games

ChumpDumper
Spamitis could play the two as easily as the point. We could use another two.

Brutalis
07-16-2008, 06:55 PM
Well you are our resident expert on the matter.

The fuck is wrong with you? Why do you always stalk and quote me in everything you can possibly find? I swear to god people like you creep me the fuck out. Next thing you know you'll be PMing me all the same.

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-16-2008, 06:55 PM
Nicely done KBP. :tu About time you post something worth a damn.

ChumpDumper
07-16-2008, 06:56 PM
Okay... using Google and some quick edits:

The Proolympiako tournament is a prime opportunity for scouts to attend some NBA players who are under capacity, a position in «magical world».

One of them is our Vassilis Spanoulis. His rights belong to San Antonio. George Felton, who is in our country on behalf of the Americans, has a better view of him. "I liked quite a few things I saw in his game. He is a very good player. I hope to persuade to return some day in the U.S.", were the words on the Greek guard, after a year in Rockets, he left the American dream and returned to Panathinaikos.

For Felton , besides Spanouli, he has his eyes turned to Tiagko Spliter, the Brazilian of Tau, the rights of which also belongs to the Spurs.

-- Doesn't look like he's interested yet in returning.And the Spurs don't own his rights.

The Greek press strikes again!

Brutalis
07-16-2008, 06:56 PM
This is the same little fucktard that as soon as he got traded to us cried like a baby, claimed he would never play in the USA ever again, made some kind of bad comments and stormed off.

Now he's thinking about coming back? Fuck this dude.

jcrod
07-16-2008, 06:57 PM
Spamitis could play the two as easily as the point. We could use another two.

I think a swing more than a combo guard.

rAm
07-16-2008, 06:57 PM
The fuck is wrong with you? Why do you always stalk and quote me in everything you can possibly find? I swear to god people like you creep me the fuck out. Next thing you know you'll be PMing me all the same.

Brutalis
07-16-2008, 07:01 PM
Exactly. Fail.

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-16-2008, 07:06 PM
As much annoying as KBP is about all these Vasileo mixtapes, who wouldn't want to bring him over if it meant we would keep Finley out of the rotation?

The Franchise
07-16-2008, 07:07 PM
Yes is true I can confirm. He is think VERY hard about decision. Is biggest one for him in life.

Spanoulis: Can I come play for you? Spurs: NO!!!!!

objective
07-16-2008, 07:16 PM
from the translation it doesn't sound like he's in talks at all.

Just Felton mouthing platitudes about 'some day'. Of course the Spurs have people there to watch everything, not just Tiago 'never play in USA' Splitter and Spanoulis.

DMX7
07-16-2008, 07:18 PM
A 4th PG? Do we have room or money for one?

ChumpDumper
07-16-2008, 07:22 PM
If Granolas wants to play for $2 million, I can't think of a reason to say no.

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-16-2008, 07:24 PM
If Granolas wants to play for $2 million, I can't think of a reason to say no.

:tu

mystargtr34
07-16-2008, 07:39 PM
Best news ive heard of all day.... i wake up and see George Hill rack up another 0-fer

Extra Stout
07-16-2008, 07:44 PM
Σπερς!

jason1301
07-16-2008, 07:50 PM

I can speak Greek, and NO he is not in talks with the spurs.

the article says that the spurs are interested in him, and they hope he someday will return to the NBA.

Spanoulis should stay in Greece, and Greece only, he is not the type of player we want to see with the spurs. I 'd rather we sign someone like fotsis.

spurman20
07-16-2008, 08:06 PM

Not a swing at 6-4

angelbelow
07-16-2008, 08:16 PM
maybe hill can benefit from a season in the Dleague and we can use v-span

Tmac&Luther
07-16-2008, 08:25 PM
Vassilis Spanoulis sucks....he was horrible even when he got playing time for Houston.

Then when JVG put him on the bench he said he was the "Tmac of Greece" and sulked like a little bitch. He thinks he's alot better than he really is and the worse thing of all, he thinks he's entitled to get starting minutes....when he didn't get them, he cried for his mommy (seriously, the guy said he missed his mom).

ElNono
07-16-2008, 08:26 PM
I doubt he's coming over for 1 million to ride the bench like he did in Houston.
He can probably make more in Europe, start and play a lot more minutes.

jcrod
07-16-2008, 08:27 PM
Not a swing at 6-4

I didn't say he was a swing, read the quote i was quoting. Some people can't read thoughly.

timvp
07-16-2008, 08:30 PM
Vaginis is not coming over. Felton was just being nice to the Greek media and of course the Greek media twisted it.

National Enquirer >> HoopsWorld >>>>>>>>> Greek media

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-16-2008, 08:38 PM
I didn't say he was a swing,.
Then what were you saying?

braeden0613
07-16-2008, 08:42 PM

the article says that the spurs are interested in him, and they hope he someday will return to the NBA.

Spanoulis should stay in Greece, and Greece only, he is not the type of player we want to see with the spurs. I 'd rather we sign someone like fotsis.
Yeah i used google translate and all it said was the spurs will try to persuade him to come over. Doubt it will happen

jason1301
07-16-2008, 08:55 PM
Spanoulis: Can I come play for you? Spurs: NO!!!!!

I am afraid its the other way around, nice try though.

:p:

samikeyp
07-16-2008, 09:04 PM

Spanoulis is Greek...he better than Manu, Mason or Oodoka combineded right now! You don't agrees? You idiot! I spell it out for you. All Greek better than US players and Argiees. Spanoulis are MVP when he immediate play for Spur.

[-Kill Bill Pana/]

Gino2882
07-16-2008, 09:19 PM
Sounds great. Bring his as the backup 1 and 2. Let George get some more seasoning at IUPUI (if they want him back at this point, lol) - attempt at joke - I mean the D-league.

jason1301
07-16-2008, 09:21 PM
Spanoulis is Greek...he better than Manu, Mason or Oodoka combineded right now! You don't agrees? You idiot! I spell it out for you. All Greek better than US players and Argiees. Spanoulis are MVP when he immediate play for Spur.

[-Kill Bill Pana/]

still hurts ic, the loss i mean

samikeyp
07-16-2008, 09:22 PM
still hurts ic, the loss i mean

:lol

"uc" incorrectly and you missed the point of my post. :toast

T Park
07-16-2008, 09:40 PM
Sounds great. Bring his as the backup 1 and 2. Let George get some more seasoning at IUPUI (if they want him back at this point, lol) - attempt at joke - I mean the D-league.

Ur quickly becoming Mr Body like annoying.

mystargtr34
07-16-2008, 09:46 PM

[-Kill Bill Pana/]

:lol i had to check the name twice

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-16-2008, 09:50 PM

[-Kill Bill Pana/]

:lmao
samikeyp wins in a blowout.

07-16-2008, 10:00 PM
He started to be called "The Greek Steve Nash" by some FIBA Europe fans [5][6] in Europe after this year.

Many fans in Europe began calling him "European Kobe Bryant" [16][17] after such a dominant rookie season of Euroleague.

"(Spanoulis) says, 'I was [Tracy] McGrady back home.'

a greek steve nash, tracy mcgrady, AND an european kobe bryant?!?!? shittt

Gino2882
07-16-2008, 10:06 PM
Ur quickly becoming Mr Body like annoying.

In all seriousness. What has Hill done to show you he can handle 15 minutes a game on the Spurs next season? Or are you gonna say some dumbshit remark about this being 3 summer league games? For fucksake he can't handle the trap.

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-16-2008, 10:30 PM
In all seriousness. What has Hill done to show you he can handle 15 minutes a game on the Spurs next season? Or are you gonna say some dumbshit remark about this being 3 summer league games? For fucksake he can't handle the trap.

He's shown us that he's trying his best to not shoot the ball and help out in other ways, as in assists and rebounds in which he is doing just fine in so far.

SenorSpur
07-16-2008, 10:33 PM
Hell, I would've rather seen the Spurs keep Dragic than express any interest in this guy.

Gino2882
07-16-2008, 10:35 PM
He's shown us that he's trying his best to not shoot the ball and help out in other ways, as in assists and rebounds in which he is doing just fine in so far.

Um, he is shooting. Just not shooting well. I do love his rebounding. However, hopefully your point guard isn't forced to rebound to much. It is very nice to see him crash the boards.

He has the right attitude, and is willing to make and learn from his mistakes.

Gino2882
07-16-2008, 10:36 PM
Hell, I would've rather seen the Spurs keep Dragic than express any interest in this guy.

While Dragic brings some similar attributes as Hill (length, defense) he has Tau America behind him and a potentially Splitter-esque buyout situation.

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-16-2008, 10:36 PM
Um, he is shooting. Just not shooting well.
He only shot 4 times. My point is he's trying not to shoot a lot and distribute.

I do love his rebounding. However, hopefully your point guard isn't forced to rebound to much. It is very nice to see him crash the boards.

He has the right attitude, and is willing to make and learn from his mistakes.
Agreed. :tu

Indazone
07-16-2008, 10:46 PM
Hmmm this could mean that George Hill would be an afterthought. V-Span might even be able to lock down Ginobili's role and Manu move into Vaughn's spot.

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-16-2008, 10:49 PM
Hmmm this could mean that George Hill would be an afterthought. V-Span might even be able to lock down Ginobili's role and Manu move into Vaughn's spot.

If we do sign Vassilis, it'd basically be swapping Barry and Finley with Mason and him. I think if that were to happen, George would still be in the same situation, trying to beat out Jacque.

Indazone
07-16-2008, 10:54 PM
Nah, I think you'd be starting Manu and Parker with your third guard as V-Span. Finley, Vaugn and Hill would be behind these three. I think Hill would have to beat out Vaughn or it's off to the D-Leagues.

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-16-2008, 11:00 PM
Nah, I think you'd be starting Manu and Parker with your third guard as V-Span. Finley, Vaugn and Hill would be behind these three. I think Hill would have to beat out Vaughn or it's off to the D-Leagues.

I doubt they put Manu back in the starting lineup, and it seems you're forgetting about Mason.

Marcus Bryant
07-16-2008, 11:01 PM
The Spurs have $73 millions?

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-16-2008, 11:04 PM
The Spurs have $73 millions?

:lmao 'millions'

Indazone
07-16-2008, 11:09 PM
That's right Mason is darn good. I think a trade is in order for the Spurs. Too many guards and a need for more frontcourt help. Mason is a rebounding machine and he does a pretty good job of assists too. I will say Parker and Mason Starting. Manu backing up Mason and V-Span backing up Parker. Vaughn and Hill will be the odd men out.

Marcus Bryant
07-16-2008, 11:10 PM
Is it true? The Athens Pederasts offer LeBrons James $1 trillions to sign with them today.

Marcus Bryant
07-16-2008, 11:11 PM
That's right Mason is darn good. I think a trade is in order for the Spurs. Too many guards and a need for more frontcourt help. Mason is a rebounding machine and he does a pretty good job of assists too. I will say Parker and Mason Starting. Manu backing up Mason and V-Span backing up Parker. Vaughn and Hill will be the odd men out.

A joke, I hope. Mason is one of the worst rebounding guards in the L.

duncan228
07-16-2008, 11:11 PM
Is it true? The Athens Pederasts offer LeBrons James $1 trillions to sign with them today.

:lmao MB has been pushed to the edge.

Gino2882
07-16-2008, 11:13 PM
Mason is not a rebounding machine, at all. Not even that good of a passer either. Decent scorer and no track record as a consistent shooter.

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-16-2008, 11:13 PM
That's right Mason is darn good.
Hopefully.

I think a trade is in order for the Spurs. Too many guards and a need for more frontcourt help. Mason is a rebounding machine and he does a pretty good job of assists too.
:lol Mason is no rebounding machine (averaged less than 2 in ~20 a game last year), but he is a good passer.

I will say Parker and Mason Starting. Manu backing up Mason and V-Span backing up Parker. Vaughn and Hill will be the odd men out.
Most of the time our guard rotation involves 5 players, meaning Parker, Manu, most likely Mason, Spanoulis if he comes over, then leaving Hill and Vaughn to fight for the last spot.

Indazone
07-16-2008, 11:15 PM
I used Mason in fantasy play two years ago. He's up and down and his rebounding numbers are decent.

Indazone
07-16-2008, 11:16 PM
I will preface that however that I dropped Mason midway through the season off my fantasy team because he was too inconsistent scoring and rebounding.

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-16-2008, 11:25 PM

DPG21920
07-16-2008, 11:26 PM
Even if we get Spanoulis, we still need a 3 and more bigs....
It would probably look like this in terms of depth charts

1)Parker, Spanoulis, Vaughn, Hill
2)Ginobili, Mason, Udoka, Spanoulis
3)Bowen, Udoka, ????
4)Tim, Bonner, ???
5) Oberto, Ian, Bonner, ????

DPG21920
07-16-2008, 11:27 PM
The only two that I assumed would be signed were Hill and Spanoulis

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-16-2008, 11:29 PM
Even if we get Spanoulis, we still need a 3 and more bigs....
It would probably look like this in terms of depth charts

1)Parker, Spanoulis, Vaughn, Hill
2)Ginobili, Mason, Udoka, Spanoulis
3)Bowen, Udoka, ????
4)Tim, Bonner, ???
5) Oberto, Ian, Bonner, ????
James Gist, Kurt Thomas, and Brian Skinner I hope fill the rest.

SequSpur
07-16-2008, 11:33 PM
geezus, now hill is a fucking rebounder...:lmao

DPG21920
07-16-2008, 11:35 PM
James Gist, Kurt Thomas, and Brian Skinner I hope fill the rest.

To be honest, I would be happy with that roster. I would like Finley back, but I think we could do worse than those 3. If Gist is playing how he really can (especially the shooting) then I would like him as the 3rd string 3 spot.

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-16-2008, 11:39 PM
To be honest, I would be happy with that roster. I would like Finley back, but I think we could do worse than those 3. If Gist is playing how he really can (especially the shooting) then I would like him as the 3rd string 3 spot.

:tu

SequSpur
07-16-2008, 11:39 PM
i declare bullshit on this topic.

anakha
07-16-2008, 11:45 PM
i declare bullshit on this topic.

Just seeing Spanoulis in the thread title and Kill_Bill as the thread starter should be a glaring red flag for anybody. :p:

Biggems
07-17-2008, 12:06 AM

[-Kill Bill Pana/]

stick to what you know best......gyros, breaking your plate after a good meal, wearing togas, and worshiping Zeus..........leave the basketball talk to the professionals....AMERICANS

jcrod
07-17-2008, 12:36 AM
Then what were you saying?

:bang

Dumb meet dumber. Are you fucking shitting me, read the post numnuts.

Tully365
07-17-2008, 01:02 AM
Chris Paul averaged 11 ppg in his summer league. Belinelli, double that. People are overreacting to 3 summer leagues games in a big way. Hill shot 45% for threes last year-- he is a talented shooter who will come around. His defense and especially his rebounding have translated well from college to Summer league, and there's no reason to believe his scoring won't either. He's due for a 5/7 from 3 pt land game type of game, and I would bet by the end of his eight games that his scoring average will be in double figures. I'm gonna predict final averages of 13ppg, 7rpg, & 3apg.

Tully365
07-17-2008, 01:03 AM
Chris Paul averaged 11 ppg in his summer league. Belinelli, double that. People are overreacting to 3 summer leagues games in a big way. Hill shot 45% for threes last year-- he is a talented shooter who will come around. His defense and especially his rebounding have translated well from college to Summer league, and there's no reason to believe his scoring won't either. He's due for a 5/7 from 3 pt land game type of game, and I would bet by the end of his eight games that his scoring average will be in double figures. I'm gonna predict final averages of 13ppg, 7rpg, & 3apg.

whoops-- forgot what thread I was in!

nil.ball
07-17-2008, 01:47 AM
So what is this? George Hill experimental 1.0 failed?

mystargtr34
07-17-2008, 03:12 AM
More of a Finley/Barry replacement along with Roger Mason.

But, hes not coming... probly never will.

spurscenter
07-17-2008, 04:12 AM
is he better than SHANE HEAL?

lol

Brox6
07-17-2008, 05:10 AM

hater
07-17-2008, 09:20 AM
wasn't killbill right about delfino?

I think this is legit!

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-17-2008, 09:28 AM

Dumb meet dumber. Are you fucking shitting me, read the post numnuts.

Well after reading it once again, I finally understood what you were trying to say. I'll remember what to expect next time I respond to you; just insults and no real answers. Stay classy. :tu

thispego
07-17-2008, 09:47 AM
Nicely done KBP. :tu About time you post something worth a damn.

still waiting on you to do so

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-17-2008, 09:48 AM
still waiting on you to do so

Likewise.

thispego
07-17-2008, 09:51 AM
i'm not trying as hard as you :lmao

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-17-2008, 10:01 AM
i'm not trying as hard as you :lmao

Well it's obvious that you don't want to talk about the topic at hand, and would rather try to insult me. I'm deciding not to continue on with your childish acts by ending this conversation now. Here's to hoping you acquire some class next time we have a discussion. :toast

Kill_Bill_Pana
07-17-2008, 10:18 AM
And the Spurs don't own his rights.

The Greek press strikes again!

Yes they do. They have verbal agreement that Spurs has first rights to him over any other NBA team. This was agreement for him be allowed to leave his contract to go back to Greece and help his sick mother.

Kill_Bill_Pana
07-17-2008, 10:24 AM

He is equally good point guard or shooting guard. He lead Panathinaikos and Greece national team in assist and scoring. He is natural PASS FIRST point guard. He is not wing player or combo guard. He is what in Europe is call "Universal Player". This mean complete point guard skill set and also complete shooting guard skill set with enough size and quickness for both position.

But in NBA he is under size a little bit for SG. Draftexpress say average NBA SG measure 6-4 base on draft measures not NBA listings. Spanoulis have measure 6-4 so he is not so under size but a little bit for SG in NBA. In Euroleague 6-4 is OK for SG if player is strong.

Dennis Lindsey say he is "cross between Parker and Manu". He call him "Mini Manu". Maybe this help.

jason1301
07-17-2008, 10:24 AM

"uc" incorrectly and you missed the point of my post. :toast

I don't like pana's attitude either, no need to attach all the Greeks though.

Kill_Bill_Pana
07-17-2008, 10:28 AM

Yes I add in talks part. Is true he is in talks. Spurs representative go there to meet with him and discuss things.

Kill_Bill_Pana
07-17-2008, 10:33 AM
Mason is not a rebounding machine, at all. Not even that good of a passer either. Decent scorer and no track record as a consistent shooter.

We know Mason well in Greece. He was guard for Olympiacos. I say with complete TRUTH for all fans here Spanoulis is superior player to him. I not lie about this.

hater
07-17-2008, 10:36 AM
We know Mason well in Greece. He was guard for Olympiacos. I say with complete TRUTH for all fans here Spanoulis is superior player to him. I not lie about this.

u may say so. But he has not proved that.

So, until proven otherwise, Mason >> Span

stxspurs
07-17-2008, 10:38 AM
ill take him....we cant get any worse

Kill_Bill_Pana
07-17-2008, 10:44 AM
I thought he was a combo, more 2 than 1 though??

Maybe video from youtube help show. You can see both point guard and shooting guard skill. He is like bigger Parker but with natural point guard skill of court vision and play making added in.

cHwY13rlPjA

jason1301
07-17-2008, 10:45 AM
Yes I add in talks part. Is true he is in talks. Spurs representative go there to meet with him and discuss things.

dude get over it, he aint coming in US, and he shouldn't come.

Kill_Bill_Pana
07-17-2008, 10:46 AM
dude get over it, he aint coming in US, and he shouldn't come.

I not say he will come. Spurs agent come to meet him and they talk about it. He will think about this offer after Greece finish with Olympic qualification tournament in Athens. This is all that is true for now.

Solid D
07-17-2008, 11:01 AM
The one noteworthy thing revealed in this article is that the Spurs are now sending George Felton to Europe. George has spent the past two seasons focused on US talent with college player eval and development. With RC's recently expanded duties and SL player eval going on for Lindsey, Pop and Demps, the Spurs let George do it. It will be interesting to see if he broadens his boundaries during the basketball season, or if this is just spot duty overseas.

stxspurs
07-17-2008, 11:02 AM
i like what ive seen of him....i would like him to replace one of the elders on the team....make his uni into 2 brows and call it a deal

Chen
07-17-2008, 11:03 AM
i guess its totally a rumor.

rAm
07-17-2008, 11:24 AM
Why all the hate on KBP?

Indazone
07-17-2008, 12:05 PM
i like what ive seen of him....i would like him to replace one of the elders on the team....make his uni into 2 brows and call it a deal

:LMAO @ Spanoulis's unibrow. Yeah he definately needs to tweeze haha

jason1301
07-17-2008, 12:32 PM
I not say he will come. Spurs agent come to meet him and they talk about it. He will think about this offer after Greece finish with Olympic qualification tournament in Athens. This is all that is true for now.

Paylos will pay him way more than the Spurs can offer him, why to make the jump to the NBA? Spurs don't need him anyways, I mean they could use him, but its not like Billy is that great of a player. He aint the next manu or something along those lines.

You know how media are, please don't make big deal out of nothing and make Greeks look bad.

LocosPorJuana
07-17-2008, 12:44 PM
When does spanoulis not talk?
I really love the guy's game, but at some point he has to grow up. I know that it's easier said than done.

bigdog
07-17-2008, 12:46 PM
Spanoulis will not be a Spur. we don't need another small guy in the backcourt. If they even consider him, I will hate our FO forever.

jag
07-17-2008, 12:57 PM
Hey KBP aren't you somehow associated with Spanoulis? Am i mistaken in thinking you know, or have claimed to know him personally?

Solid D
07-17-2008, 01:14 PM
There is certainly more for George Felton to see in Athens this week than just Spanoulis. This tourney decides the final 3 slots for the Beijing Olympics, so there will be a lot of talent on hand. You can go to the FIBA site and read about it, if you haven't already done so.

http://www.fiba.com/

The twelve teams participating are: Brazil, Cameroon, Canada, Cape Verde, Croatia, Germany, Greece, Korea, Lebanon, New Zealand, Puerto Rico, and Slovenia. The three teams that qualify through this tournament will join Angola, Argentina, Australia, China, Iran, Lithuania, Russia, Spain and the USA in the Beijing Olympics, and will have roughly a month to practice and prepare as Olympic basketball runs August 9-24th of 2008.

Bruno
07-17-2008, 01:17 PM
There is certainly more for George Felton to see in Athens this week than just Spanoulis.

Felton is in fact in Athens because Splitter will sign a contract with Spurs. :stirpot:

Solid D
07-17-2008, 01:20 PM
Felton is in fact in Athens because Splitter will sign a contract with Spurs. :stirpot:

:lol What? 2 contracts are better than 1?

Bruno
07-17-2008, 01:27 PM
:lol What? 2 contracts are better than 1?

Let's see : Felton is in Athens where Splitter plays, Spurs haven't re-sign Kurt Thomas for the moment...
Connect the dots. :smokin

Marcus Bryant
07-17-2008, 01:30 PM
Let's see : Felton is in Athens where Splitter plays, Spurs haven't re-sign Kurt Thomas for the moment...

Yeah...maybe he hasn't signed yet. Yeah...

stxspurs
07-17-2008, 01:52 PM
splitter seen reading a san antonio apmt locater book.......coincidence...i think not!

SPURSGOAT
07-17-2008, 02:28 PM

That would be hilarious... Ian might get sent back to the Toros if that happens... LOL!

Indazone
07-17-2008, 02:37 PM

unless Morey pulls another rabbit out of his hat with Lindsey and we get him first.

MUAHAHAHAHA!!!:eyebrows

Indazone
07-17-2008, 02:48 PM
Don't laugh...it could happen.

Tiago Splitter the Next Luis Scola? The San Antonio Spurs selected Brazilian big man Tiago Splitter with the 28th pick in last year's draft. While the team expected him to stay overseas this past season, the Spurs hoped to get Splitter to sign with the team this summer.

According to Marca.com (and translated via Babel Fish), Splitter is set to re-sign with Tau Ceramica instead of making the leap to the NBA.

The Spurs had similar trouble bringing over their Luis Scola over from Argentina when a buy-out with Tau couldn't be agreed upon. While Tau wanted many millions to let Scola free, the Spurs were limited to offering $500,000 by NBA rules.

In order to make it worthwhile for Scola to pay for the majority of his buyout, the Spurs would have needed to commit a sizable contract to their 2002 second-round pick (55th) via their Mid-Level Exception.

When Scola did become eventually available years later, San Antonio had already committed to Fabricio Oberto and Matt Bonner.

The Spurs traded the rights to Scola to the Houston Rockets in a cost-cutting move (dumping the contract of Jackie Butler). As a 28-year-old rookie, Scola became an integral part of the Rockets 55-win team, finishing third in the Rookie of the Year voting.

While Splitter's contract with Tau has yet to be signed, he could very well be going down the same path as Scola.http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=8870

stretch
07-17-2008, 02:52 PM

vspan sucks

if the spurs get him its guaranteed they will not win the championship

samikeyp
07-17-2008, 03:36 PM
I don't like pana's attitude either, no need to attach all the Greeks though.

It wasn't meant for all Greeks, for KBP. :)

ChumpDumper
07-17-2008, 04:11 PM
Yes they do. They have verbal agreement that Spurs has first rights to him over any other NBA team. This was agreement for him be allowed to leave his contract to go back to Greece and help his sick mother.That isn't the same as owning rights to a player. Vangelis can sign with any team he wants.

timvp
07-17-2008, 04:18 PM
Felton is in fact in Athens because Splitter will sign a contract with Spurs. :stirpot:Hmmmm ... what if the Spurs renounce their rights to Splitter and then sign him using the rest of their MLE? It'd double up his salary and they could give him up to five years.

:drunk :drunk :drunk :drunk

Gino2882
07-17-2008, 04:21 PM
Hmmmm ... what if the Spurs renounce their rights to Splitter and then sign him using the rest of their MLE? It'd double up his salary and they could give him up to five years.

I'll bite. Could that really be done? I know it isn't gonna happen, but what are the official rules on a situation like that.

tav1
07-17-2008, 04:24 PM
Hmmmm ... what if the Spurs renounce their rights to Splitter and then sign him using the rest of their MLE? It'd double up his salary and they could give him up to five years.

Would he have to clear waivers or some such process if we renounced his rights, or could we sign him right then to the 1.9.

:wakeup:toast

tav1
07-17-2008, 04:25 PM
I'm sure I remember reading that he's already inked with Tau--how does he get out of that?

tav1
07-17-2008, 04:28 PM
Damn, I'm carrying on here, but:

Parker/Vaughn/Hill
Mason/Ginobli/
Bowen/Udoka/Gist
Duncan/Mahinmi/Bonner
Splitter/Thomas/Oberto

Is this what you're thinking the Spurs are looking at? Would they leave 15 open or seek to fill it with the LLE?

Looking at that roster, I like the frontline quite a bit. I especially like Splitter on that frontline because of his ability to defend away from the basket.

Hmmm.

Bruno
07-17-2008, 04:30 PM
I'll bite. Could that really be done?

No, we are fantasizing (don't know if this word exist).

Splitter is lost, he has re-signed with Tau. End of the story.

Back to the fantasy world.
First, renouncing to Splitter's right is damn risky. He could do a Boozer and I'm not sure Spurs trust him enough after all that has happened.
Second, renouncing to Splitter and signing him for more than the rookie scale is using loopholes in the CBA. I don't think the league will allow that.

And my first post was just a cruel joke.

tav1
07-17-2008, 04:34 PM
No, we are fantasizing (don't know if this word exist).

Splitter is lost, he has re-signed with Tau. End of the story.

Back to the fantasy world.
First, renouncing to Splitter's right is damn risky. He could do a Boozer and I'm not sure Spurs trust him enough after all that has happened.
Second, renouncing to Splitter and signing him for more than the rookie scale is using loopholes in the CBA. I don't think the league will allow that.

And my first post was just a cruel joke.

Bruno, you suck. That is a cruel, cruel thing to do, especially this off season.:nope:p:

Bruno
07-17-2008, 04:35 PM
Bruno, you suck. That is a cruel, cruel thing to do, especially this off season.:nope:p:

Didn't you get the :stirpot: smiley ?

tav1
07-17-2008, 04:37 PM
Didn't you get the :stirpot: smiley ?

No, I'm stupid.

Bruno
07-17-2008, 04:38 PM
No, I'm stupid.

oligarchy
07-17-2008, 04:41 PM
... renouncing [the rights] to Splitter and signing him for more than the rookie scale is using loopholes in the CBA.

Sounds like a plan. :hat

oligarchy
07-17-2008, 04:42 PM
or renouncing and doing a S&T for a pick or te. :hat

spursnatic
07-17-2008, 04:48 PM
Screw this dude!!! He only plays good for his country, he doesn't give a shit about anything else. We do not need someone like that. We are trying to get better, not worse. I say we need to go after Ron Artest. If we have to take Kenny Thomas' contract, so be it? We could really use Artest on our team!! Artest + :flag:=:lobt2:

tav1
07-17-2008, 04:56 PM
Screw this dude!!! He only plays good for his country, he doesn't give a shit about anything else. We do not need someone like that. We are trying to get better, not worse. I say we need to go after Ron Artest. If we have to take Kenny Thomas' contract, so be it? We could really use Artest on our team!! Artest + :flag:=:lobt2:

Good to know you're grounded in reality. Welcome to the board.:rolleyes

Marcus Bryant
07-17-2008, 05:42 PM
Don't laugh...it could happen.

Tiago Splitter the Next Luis Scola? The San Antonio Spurs selected Brazilian big man Tiago Splitter with the 28th pick in last year's draft. While the team expected him to stay overseas this past season, the Spurs hoped to get Splitter to sign with the team this summer.

According to Marca.com (and translated via Babel Fish), Splitter is set to re-sign with Tau Ceramica instead of making the leap to the NBA.

The Spurs had similar trouble bringing over their Luis Scola over from Argentina when a buy-out with Tau couldn't be agreed upon. While Tau wanted many millions to let Scola free, the Spurs were limited to offering $500,000 by NBA rules.

In order to make it worthwhile for Scola to pay for the majority of his buyout, the Spurs would have needed to commit a sizable contract to their 2002 second-round pick (55th) via their Mid-Level Exception.

When Scola did become eventually available years later, San Antonio had already committed to Fabricio Oberto and Matt Bonner.

The Spurs traded the rights to Scola to the Houston Rockets in a cost-cutting move (dumping the contract of Jackie Butler). As a 28-year-old rookie, Scola became an integral part of the Rockets 55-win team, finishing third in the Rookie of the Year voting.

While Splitter's contract with Tau has yet to be signed, he could very well be going down the same path as Scola.http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=8870

You just quoted Hoopsworld.

Anyways, the Spurs aren't facing a lux tax bill anytime soon, so remove your hand from your pants.

jason1301
07-17-2008, 05:44 PM
That isn't the same as owning rights to a player. Vangelis can sign with any team he wants.

I am sure Vangelis, can play anywhere he likes. As it conserns Vassilis (hehehe) I don't think he will be happy elsewhere but Greece.

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-17-2008, 06:16 PM
No, I'm stupid.

ata
07-17-2008, 11:49 PM
Hey KBP aren't you somehow associated with Spanoulis? Am i mistaken in thinking you know, or have claimed to know him personally?

He lives in his ass. So yeah, they are somehow associated.

mystargtr34
07-18-2008, 02:42 AM

timvp
07-18-2008, 02:44 AM
He lives in his ass. So yeah, they are somehow associated.:lol