PDA

View Full Version : 0-for-16? Pffffffft.

ShoogarBear
07-16-2008, 09:52 PM
Jacque Vaughn started the 2001-2002 season 0-for-22.

George came to the right team. :downspin:

tlongII
07-16-2008, 09:55 PM
:lmao

Gino2882
07-16-2008, 10:09 PM
Don't worry. It is just summer league. When the regular season starts George will stop working on his weaknesses and start to dominate the NBA.

Let me be the first to thank Jacque Vaughn for picking up his option for this coming season.

TD4THREE
07-16-2008, 10:18 PM
Don't worry. It is just summer league. When the regular season starts George will stop working on his weaknesses and start to dominate the NBA.

Let me be the first to thank Jacque Vaughn for picking up his option for this coming season.Dude, listen to yourself you're labeling him a bust after 2 SL games,and saying stuff like you're glad that Vaughnn didn't opt out. If Hill scores 25 points and has 8-9 assists the next game you're going to be saying the complete opposite.

Gino2882
07-16-2008, 10:21 PM
I am not labeling him a bust. Ignoring his terrible start is just stupid.

At this point, I am glad Vaughn didn't opt out. Hopefully George can pass him and make Vaughn irrelevant.

But, when Hill goes 0-16 and can;t handle the basic trap play, I get concerned for his short-term backup PG future.

Gino2882
07-16-2008, 10:39 PM
he's played all 3 games right?

Yes. You can get the boxscores on NBA.com I believe. You may even be able to watch the games, they should be archived.

jayc23
07-16-2008, 10:49 PM
I thought Hill was being praised on sites for his defensive/rebounding performance in game 1

jayc23
07-16-2008, 10:50 PM
all you guys talk about is shooting.. you tools dont even know all the tools it takes to be a champion... go sign marbury hes the all star scorer your looking for

picnroll
07-16-2008, 10:52 PM
I am not labeling him a bust. Ignoring his terrible start is just stupid.

At this point, I am glad Vaughn didn't opt out. Hopefully George can pass him and make Vaughn irrelevant.

But, when Hill goes 0-16 and can;t handle the basic trap play, I get concerned for his short-term backup PG future.
0-291 on posts. I'm labeling you a bust.

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-16-2008, 10:52 PM
all you guys talk about is shooting.. you tools dont even know all the tools it takes to be a champion... go sign marbury hes the all star scorer your looking for

:lol

Gino2882
07-16-2008, 10:55 PM
0-291 on posts. I'm labeling you a bust.

Don't jump to conclusions. I have only been posting a short time. Typical spur poster, after a few bad posts, sudden I am a bust.

Now, I know what it feels like to be George Hill.

TheMadHatter
07-16-2008, 10:57 PM
Generally speaking Summer League isn't the best indicator of how a player will turn out. Considering Hill is competing for a spot with Jacque Vaughan he doesn't have much to worry about.

ElNono
07-16-2008, 11:03 PM
Im just a little nervous at this experiment Pop is trying to pull off. Maybe Hill is the perfect sub for Gino at SG, but we won't really know. My biggest problem is that if TP goes down for a stretch, I can't fathom this guy going against the likes of B Diddy, CP3, Kidd, Nash, DWill, etc. Even if he could somehow guard these guys as well as JV, he's going to suffer the rookie calls you always get your first year in the league. I'm not even sure we can wait until the Rodeo road trip to see if the experiment worked with how deep the West goes. But hey, maybe Pop knows something we don't, and in Pop we trust(tm)

spursjustice
07-16-2008, 11:03 PM
Is Chip still part of the Spurs coaching staff?

0-10 followed by 0-6 performance. It's definitely ugly, but his career is only 3 summer league games old. Give him time.

ElNono
07-16-2008, 11:07 PM
Is Chip still part of the Spurs coaching staff?

0-10 followed by 0-6 performance. It's definitely ugly, but his career is only 3 summer league games old. Give him time.

Chip is still with the team, but after the bricking we did at the end of game 1 in the WCF, I don't think he's doing much...

Marcus Bryant
07-16-2008, 11:08 PM
Im just a little nervous at this experiment Pop is trying to pull off. Maybe Hill is the perfect sub for Gino at SG, but we won't really know. My biggest problem is that if TP goes down for a stretch, I can't fathom this guy going against the likes of B Diddy, CP3, Kidd, Nash, DWill, etc. Even if he could somehow guard these guys as well as JV, he's going to suffer the rookie calls you always get your first year in the league. I'm not even sure we can wait until the Rodeo road trip to see if the experiment worked with how deep the West goes. But hey, maybe Pop knows something we don't, and in Pop we trust(tm)

If Parker goes down for a stretch the Spurs are screwed regardless.

fotan2
07-16-2008, 11:13 PM
its only a summer league . though, he should've thrown down 1 or 2 to avoid the embarrassing situation.

picnroll
07-16-2008, 11:19 PM
The guy is tight. He's missing FTs and he's normally a +80% FT shooter. Far as I know they didn't change the height or distance from the FT line so maybe his shooting isn't the norm.

Slinkyman
07-16-2008, 11:32 PM
i'll start to worry about Hill when the preseason starts, right now he's just working on other parts of his game, not shooting. If he goes 0 for 10 in a preseason game then we're screwed.

DPG21920
07-16-2008, 11:41 PM

He is too small for a shooting guard.

DPG21920
07-16-2008, 11:43 PM
i'll start to worry about Hill when the preseason starts, right now he's just working on other parts of his game, not shooting. If he goes 0 for 10 in a preseason game then we're screwed.

That is such a weird excuse. He is not working on scoring, but he is getting shots. If you are shooting 8% after 3 games, that is just bad. He still needs to hit his shots when he gets them even if he is not working on "scoring". They are not telling him: "work on defense and passing and running point, and if you get a shot, miss it." His form looks fine, he just has Spur-itis

underdawg
07-16-2008, 11:48 PM
Yes. You can get the boxscores on NBA.com I believe. You may even be able to watch the games, they should be archived.

Did you watch the last game? What things didn't you like about his performance?

tlongII
07-16-2008, 11:51 PM
What are you laughing at? Odens pre-season was worse than Hills, and yet you are stupid enough to crown him the best thing since Duncan. Good luck fighting for that 8th spot.

Your boys are going down laka and you know it. See you in the season.

ECZ
07-17-2008, 01:06 AM

this thread is hilarious

Obstructed_View
07-17-2008, 01:31 AM
That is such a weird excuse. He is not working on scoring, but he is getting shots. If you are shooting 8% after 3 games, that is just bad. He still needs to hit his shots when he gets them even if he is not working on "scoring". They are not telling him: "work on defense and passing and running point, and if you get a shot, miss it." His form looks fine, he just has Spur-itis

Wow, you should be a coach. You could be the next Mike D'Antoni: "Make the shots, guys, make the shots."

Spur-Addict
07-17-2008, 01:37 AM
Wah, Wah, Wah. Try S-ing-TFU.

Dex
07-17-2008, 01:52 AM
Fortunately, summer league stats...don't...really...count.

I mean, I'm sure they're ending up in a database somewhere. But really...

Dex
07-17-2008, 01:55 AM
"I remember Tim Duncan's first summer league game, and Greg Ostertag killed him. Just killed him. Now, who do you think the better player is? The kid is going to be fine.''

Lake_show
07-17-2008, 07:16 AM
If he's playing like shit in SL than how do you think he will fare against NBA competition?

mrspurs
07-17-2008, 07:33 AM
i dont care what league you play in 0-16 is horrible if your the point guard....if we are not going to look for someone who can score....then how do we expect to win...dont say defense, cos that dont exist around here anymore....teams score on us at will...noone on the SL roster is gonna help next season..not even a little.. id be looking for someone who could score and heck with the defense in the SL....what are we looking for in the SL? another jump shooter?(got a few of those already) a big man who can play defense?(dont have that, not even duncan is the same duncan) and we dont have one in SL......so far imo the SL is just another way keeping the nba in shape...from what ive seen so far....duncan will be left to sink under the paint again...and when duncan sinks so do the rest.......someone needs to wake the FO up

urunobili
07-17-2008, 08:28 AM
If Parker goes down for a stretch the Spurs are screwed regardless.

that didn't happen last year when he was out for pretty fair stretch... :wakeup

urunobili
07-17-2008, 08:30 AM
easy y'all... let's bookmark this thread to see how many of y'all will be on the Hill bandwagon later on the season...

WildcardManu
07-17-2008, 10:39 AM
What are you laughing at? Odens pre-season was worse than Hills, and yet you are stupid enough to crown him the best thing since Duncan. Good luck fighting for that 8th spot.

+1

jag
07-17-2008, 12:44 PM
i dont care what league you play in 0-16 is horrible if your the point guard....if we are not going to look for someone who can score....then how do we expect to win...dont say defense, cos that dont exist around here anymore....teams score on us at will...noone on the SL roster is gonna help next season..not even a little.. id be looking for someone who could score and heck with the defense in the SL....what are we looking for in the SL? another jump shooter?(got a few of those already) a big man who can play defense?(dont have that, not even duncan is the same duncan) and we dont have one in SL......so far imo the SL is just another way keeping the nba in shape...from what ive seen so far....duncan will be left to sink under the paint again...and when duncan sinks so do the rest.......someone needs to wake the FO up

Is this a complete thought, or one long statement? What exactly is going on here?

Obstructed_View
07-17-2008, 07:21 PM
i dont care what league you play in 0-16 is horrible if your the point guard....

At what position is 0-16 acceptable again?

ShoogarBear
07-17-2008, 09:20 PM
At what position is 0-16 acceptable again?

http://weblogs.newsday.com/sports/watchdog/blog/mark-cuban-sirius.jpg

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-17-2008, 09:22 PM