PDA

View Full Version : Camby "Insulted" by the Trade

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-17-2008, 09:28 AM
Camby 'Insulted' By Trade
Jul 17, 2008 9:49 AM EST

Center Marcus Camby made it known on Wednesday that he felt insulted by the trade that sent him from the Nuggets to the Clippers on Tuesday, according to The Rocky Mountain News.

"Blindsided, distraught, disrespected. All those adjectives. I definitely feel insulted," he said in a telephone interview.

Denver moved Camby to Los Angeles without getting anything in return, allowing them to cut roughly $10 million from their cap number.

"When I first heard about the trade, I felt like I was the scapegoat after all our past first-round exits and failures and lack of defense," Camby said. "I felt it was them telling me that I was no longer wanted, and I was the cause of everything that went wrong the last couple years on this team."

"I'm still in disbelief. I'm still in shock. I still can't believe this happened."

http://basketball.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/53629/20080717/camby_insulted_by_trade/

Findog
07-17-2008, 09:34 AM
Somebody needs to register "Emo Marcus Camby."

What's the over/under on the combined number of games he and B-Diddy play this year? 50?

monosylab1k
07-17-2008, 09:43 AM
He seems really eager to play for the Clippers.

manufor3
07-17-2008, 09:48 AM
he's extatic right now

Obstructed_View
07-17-2008, 09:49 AM
Yep, Marcus is a winner.

Findog
07-17-2008, 09:50 AM
Right now Marcus Camby is listening to Dashboard Confessional and Sunny Day Real Estate on his Ipod and writing shitty poetry.

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-17-2008, 09:51 AM
Right now Marcus Camby is listening to Dashboard Confessional and Sunny Day Real Estate on his Ipod and writing shitty poetry.

:lmao

Darthkiller
07-17-2008, 09:54 AM
well i dont know why he is disapponited for, clippers>>> nuggets.

dickface
07-17-2008, 09:54 AM
http://emooranges.ytmnd.com/

A Fucking Band Nerd.
07-17-2008, 09:55 AM
This is what you get when you gamble with your career.

Instead of going into a diffrent field,such as music, he decided to go into proffesional sports and now he is regretting it.

Marcus,PM me.

I'm giving FREE French Horn lessons and I will help you get you career back on track.

I graduated in the top 5 percent of my class so I know what I am doing.

Supergirl
07-17-2008, 10:04 AM
Well, that doesn't bode well for the Clips. Camby was a steal for them, but I predict he'll be playing with a chip on a shoulder, and the first time they stumble, he becomes a malcontent in the locker room.

Findog
07-17-2008, 10:05 AM
Clippers are kind of nuts if they think they can get 70+ games from BOTH Camby and Davis.

A Fucking Band Nerd.
07-17-2008, 10:07 AM
Clippers are kind of nuts if they think they can get 70+ games from BOTH Camby and Davis.

The same goes for the Hornets.It is hard for them to stay healthy all at once.

dickface
07-17-2008, 10:07 AM
Baron is emo after Elton left.

Camby is emo just because he's there.

When you're relying on Chris Kaman to be your team's emotional leader, you know it won't be a good season.

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-17-2008, 10:08 AM
Baron is emo after Elton left.

Camby is emo just because he's there.

When you're relying on Chris Kaman to be your team's emotional leader, you know it won't be a good season.

:lol

Findog
07-17-2008, 10:13 AM
So, if training camp were to start today, how would we rank the West:

Top three, no particular order: San Antonio, LAL, NOLA

Next two, in this order: Utah, Houston

Next three, no particular order: Phoenix, Dallas, Portland

Might be able to contend for one of the last playoff spots if everything breaks right: Denver, LAC, Sacramento

Fucking terrible: Oklahomo City, Minnesota, Golden State, Memphis

MavDynasty
07-17-2008, 10:16 AM
So, if training camp were to start today, how would we rank the West:

Top three, no particular order: San Antonio, LAL, NOLA

Next two, in this order: Utah, Houston

Next three, no particular order: Phoenix, Dallas, Portland

Might be able to contend for one of the last playoff spots if everything breaks right: Denver, LAC, Sacramento

Fucking terrible: Oklahomo City, Minnesota, Golden State, Memphis

1. LAL
2.NOLA
3.Houston
4.SAS
5.Utah
6.DAL
7.PHX
8.Portland or Denver
9.GS(might finish worse though cuz no baron)

Top 5 are contenders with the exception of Houston.

Spuradicator
07-17-2008, 10:18 AM
Oh Well.

Sorry Camby

Findog
07-17-2008, 10:19 AM
Somebody check this man's arms and wrists for cut marks.

MavDynasty
07-17-2008, 10:20 AM
:lmao ^^

mavs>spurs2
07-17-2008, 11:29 AM
Now he's going to miss out on all those championships Denver is going to win

rAm
07-17-2008, 12:04 PM
Bowen 'Insulted' By DPOY result.

Forward Bruce Bowen made it known on Wednesday that he felt insulted by the result of DPOY voting.

"Blindsided, distraught, disrespected. All those adjectives. I definitely feel insulted," he said in a telephone interview.

Denver's Camby won the award for no fucking reason, and even though Bowen is the better defender, he lost out on the award without getting anything in return.

"When I first heard about the result, I felt like I was the superior defender after all our championships and successes and amazing defense," Bowen said. "I felt it was them telling me that we played worse defense than Denver, fucking DENVER, and I had no hand in the cause of everything that went right the last couple years on this team."

"I'm still in disbelief. I'm still in shock. I still can't believe this happened."

http://basketball.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/53629/20080717/camby_insulted_by_trade/

JamStone
07-17-2008, 12:12 PM
I feel for Marcus Camby. The NBA should pay him a stipend for getting traded to help him deal with it. It's only fair.

resistanze
07-17-2008, 12:19 PM
How could this happen to meeeeeeee.

1Parker1
07-17-2008, 12:22 PM
How does he take it to mean that trading him has made him the scapegoat for their first round exits all these years? He has to understand that this was solely based on financial reasons and let's face it...they weren't going to get anywhere with a core of AI, Melo, and Camby in the tough West.

shelshor
07-17-2008, 12:23 PM
This is what you get when you gamble with your career.

Instead of going into a diffrent field,such as music, he decided to go into proffesional sports and now he is regretting it.

Marcus,PM me.

I'm giving FREE French Horn lessons and I will help you get you career back on track.

I graduated in the top 5 percent of my class so I know what I am doing.

Plus being smart enough not to take up the viola

Pero
07-17-2008, 12:38 PM
"When I first heard about the trade, I felt like I was the scapegoat after all our past first-round exits and failures and lack of defense," Camby said.

Wasn't Camby the defensive player of the year? :lol

rAm
07-17-2008, 12:41 PM

undeserved

Boston Pancake
07-17-2008, 12:43 PM

Kevin Garnett. Camby was the year before.

RonMexico
07-17-2008, 12:47 PM
RonMexico insulted by Tyronne Lue signing with Bucks.

Pero
07-17-2008, 12:54 PM
Kevin Garnett. Camby was the year before.

Ah that's right.

Bruno
07-17-2008, 01:10 PM
IMO, he was more insulted by what Clippers had to give up to get him.

Camby's mind "I'm the DPOY, a great player and I'm underpaid."

Reality check : Camby traded for a second round pick...

DANILO DRASKOVIC
07-17-2008, 01:35 PM
and I'm insulted that camby makes 10 million dollars for 8 months of work

Findog
07-17-2008, 01:44 PM
Camby is just being a whiny, look at me, attention whore. He knows damn well the Nuggets are blowing the team up and starting over, and he's the first piece to go. Iverson isn't going to be a Nugget either once March rolls around.

MavDynasty
07-17-2008, 01:46 PM
Camby is just being a whiny, look at me, attention whore. He knows damn well the Nuggets are blowing the team up and starting over, and he's the first piece to go. Iverson isn't going to be a Nugget either once March rolls around.

They shouldve got rid of George Karl first

Medvedenko
07-17-2008, 01:55 PM
I feel for Camby and understand that emotions and feelings are part of the game.

1Parker1
07-17-2008, 02:01 PM
^Shocking that a LakerFan identifies with millionaire athletes whining. :wow ;)

It's a joke btw, before you get all defensive and rant on about the greatness that is Kobe and talk smack about the Spurs in retaliation.....

ducks
07-17-2008, 02:04 PM
I think what camby is upset is that he got traded for a pick and a second round pick for that

for a player's ego that is an insult

ThunderStix®
07-17-2008, 02:11 PM
Bowen 'Insulted' By DPOY result.

Forward Bruce Bowen made it known on Wednesday that he felt insulted by the result of DPOY voting.

Denver's Camby won the award for no fucking reason, and even though Bowen is the better defender, he lost out on the award without getting anything in return.

"When I first heard about the result, I felt like I was the superior defender after all our championships and successes and amazing defense," Bowen said. "I felt it was them telling me that we played worse defense than Denver, fucking DENVER, and I had no hand in the cause of everything that went right the last couple years on this team."

Brilliant. :lol

pussyface.
07-17-2008, 02:14 PM
he seems like a decent guy. you siccophants are being too hard on him.
i'd love for him to be hard on me, if you get what i'm sayin! oh yeah gay sex is great!

Killakobe81
07-17-2008, 02:42 PM
The Top 4 (no order)
Lakers
Spurs
hornets
Jazz

Next 4 (no order)
Rockets
Blazers
Suns
Mavs

leemajors
07-17-2008, 02:51 PM
he seems like a decent guy. you siccophants are being too hard on him.
i'd love for him to be hard on me, if you get what i'm sayin! oh yeah gay sex is great!

:lmao

renba22
07-17-2008, 03:12 PM
Now he's going to miss out on all those championships Denver is going to win

Are you sure about denver winning "championship"?. I mean, they have a coach who is not a leader. Melo is not a leader neither and Iverson is still Iverson...he just shoot and shoot and shoot....besides without Camby the defense is NONE...

rAm
07-17-2008, 03:22 PM
Are you sure about denver winning "championship"?. I mean, they have a coach who is not a leader. Melo is not a leader neither and Iverson is still Iverson...he just shoot and shoot and shoot....besides without Camby the defense is NONE...

As a brilliant man once said: Whooooooosh!

Findog
07-17-2008, 03:32 PM
Are you sure about denver winning "championship"?.

Are you sure you know what sarcasm is?

duncan228
07-17-2008, 03:45 PM
Are you sure you know what sarcasm is?

:lol This calls for blue text.

jag
07-17-2008, 04:27 PM
I feel for Camby and understand that emotions and feelings are part of the game.

surprise... surprise

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96928

bdictjames
07-18-2008, 02:13 PM
When you're a former DPOY, it wasn't like he sucked last year as well, and traded for a second rounder?

The only worse thing for that is when you're traded for cash.

LakerHater
07-18-2008, 03:01 PM
He makes the Clippers front line a whole lot better!!
Him Kaman & Thorton! DAMN

The Franchise
07-18-2008, 08:41 PM
Why is he so upset? With all the pieces the Clippers are picking up he may be landing in a better situation.

Ill Cosby
07-18-2008, 09:05 PM
So they didn't trade him, but gave him up just so they could clear space....for what?

The Nuggets need to play some D

1. LAL
2.NOLA
3.Houston
4.SAS
5.Utah
6.DAL
7.PHX
8.Portland or Denver
9.GS(might finish worse though cuz no baron)

Top 5 are contenders with the exception of Houston.

The Laker's can't beat the Hornets in a 7 game series, plus Houston still ain't goin' nowhere next year just like the last 5 years I'd put Utah after the (1) Hornets and (2) Spurs

Is it just me or is the Western Conference becoming the Eastern Conference? i.e. only about 3 teams have been consistent for the last 5 years

And the fact the old (and great team BTW) Spurs are still on the top isn't a good thing. They've been the oldest team in the league for a few years

NBA Junkie
07-18-2008, 09:21 PM
I can only imagine how "insulted" Pau Gasol must feel being traded for Kwame fucking Brown.

ShoogarBear
07-18-2008, 10:42 PM
I can only imagine how "insulted" Pau Gasol must feel being traded for Kwame fucking Brown.

He had several weeks of advance notice to get over it.

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-18-2008, 10:54 PM
He had several weeks of advance notice to get over it.

:lol