PDA

View Full Version : Rampage in trouble again?

IX_Equilibrium
07-17-2008, 01:57 PM
Did Forrest jar something loose in his head?

http://mmajunkie.com/news/4824/report-quinton-jackson-picked-up-again-by-police.mma

A day after being arrested on a felony hit-and-run charge and posting $25,000 bail, UFC light heavyweight Quinton Jackson has been apprehended again by police in California, according to TMZ.com.

According to today's report, friends of "Rampage" waved down police at approximately 4:30 p.m. after they were "worried about his behavior."

Jackson was reportedly taken to a hospital for observation.

According to TMZ.com:

Quinton "Rampage" Jackson has been picked up by police again.

Sources say around 4:30 PM yesterday, friends who were hanging out with Rampage, waved down an Irvine police car after they were worried about his behavior. This, of course, following the insane chase the day before in which the UFC fighter hit several cars in his monster truck and was arrested at gunpoint.

We're told Irvine cops saw Rampage, deemed him a danger to himself and others, and took him to a hospital for observation. Rampage was very coopertive with police.

Cops won't officially confirm if it's a psychiatric hold.

According to NBCSports.com, Jackson was admitted to a hospital for a mental evaluation and is not being charged with any crime.

As MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) reported on Tuesday, MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) reported on Tuesday, Jackson was arrested on Tuesday after an alleged hit-and-run accident and subsequent police chase. He was charged with felony evading, hit-and-run and reckless driving.

Jackson allegedly hit multiple cars during a short police chase Tuesday afternoon. He eventually pulled over and surrendered to police after traveling from Costa Mesa to Newport Beach in California. No injuries were reported.

According to a press release from the Costa Mesa Police Department, Jackson ignored an officer's directions to pull over and continued "weaving in and out of traffic" while forcing "pedestrians to flee for their lives" as he continued "running several red lights."

Evan
07-17-2008, 01:58 PM
This wasn't an arrest…looks like he is having a massive meltdown and is now in a hospital.

IX_Equilibrium
07-17-2008, 02:00 PM
I never said it was an arrest. But he must have been doing some strange shit to have his friends wave the cops down.

IX_Equilibrium
07-17-2008, 02:01 PM
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e188/hogrock/crazyrampage.jpg

Evan
07-17-2008, 02:02 PM
haha...Its so bad to laugh but I am sure he will too when he feels better.

2centsworth
07-17-2008, 02:02 PM
He's just pissed that he got robbed.

Evan
07-17-2008, 02:06 PM
He's just pissed that he got robbed.

He didn't get robbed

Even he says he didn't get robbed

ATRAIN
07-17-2008, 02:13 PM
Wow something really must be up with him?

2centsworth
07-17-2008, 02:16 PM
He didn't get robbed

Even he says he didn't get robbed

like when Pop said Fisher didn't foul. He got robbed, I'm not blind, but I don't care. They will get a chance to beat each other senseless again.

ATRAIN
07-17-2008, 02:17 PM
like when Pop said Fisher didn't foul. He got robbed, I'm not blind, but I don't care. They will get a chance to beat each other senseless again.

Man that fight could have gone either way but I think the determining factor was that 2nd round where Forrest dominated.

Evan
07-17-2008, 02:19 PM

I have no idea what you're talking about but I saw the fight and while I think Rampage should have won it could go either way and a far cry from a "robbery." Rampage has even said he needs to change his training and diet because what he is doing isn't good enough.

I'm not arguing with you…just giving my point of view.

djohn14
07-17-2008, 02:41 PM
A robbery would be in the Matt Hamill-Michael Bisping fight. Rampage didnt get robbed, but on my scorecard it was tied at 47 out of 50. I hope he gets throught this.

Evan
07-17-2008, 02:42 PM
A robbery would be in the Matt Hamill-Michael Bisping fight. Rampage didnt get robbed, but on my scorecard it was tied at 47 out of 50. I hope he gets throught this.

Yeah…that was pretty bad

LEONARD
07-17-2008, 02:50 PM
They will get a chance to beat each other senseless again.

It's really odd how you continue to take shots at MMA, which sometimes looking like a fan, and while posting about the dangers of boxing...

:lol

2centsworth
07-17-2008, 02:57 PM
It's really odd how you continue to take shots at MMA, which sometimes looking like a fan, and while posting about the dangers of boxing...

not taking a shot, you're being overly sensitve like me. If I wasn't a fan, I surely wouldn't watch or know as much as I do. I'm appreciating MMA more and more. btw, the beating senseless comment I would have made about boxing too.

Evan
07-17-2008, 03:00 PM
:corn:
not taking a shot, you're being overly sensitve like me. If I wasn't a fan, I surely wouldn't watch or know as much as I do. I'm appreciating MMA more and more. btw, the beating senseless comment I would have made about boxing too.

Tune in Saturday night to Spike for a free fight.

2centsworth
07-17-2008, 03:06 PM
:corn:

Tune in Saturday night to Spike for a free fight.

here's a little jab, i can only have so many quickies.:lol

ATRAIN
07-17-2008, 03:06 PM
Yeah…that was pretty bad

I agree and it doesnt help that I hate Bisping. Almost as much as I hated Brandon Vera in my dream hahaha.

Evan
07-17-2008, 03:13 PM
here's a little jab, i can only have so many quickies.:lol

I don't get it

Evan
07-17-2008, 03:14 PM
I agree and it doesnt help that I hate Bisping. Almost as much as I hated Brandon Vera in my dream hahaha.

I really don't have any favorites anymore but I like both Bisping and Machida. Two of the most universally hated fighters.

Heath Ledger
07-17-2008, 04:03 PM
This sounds like damage control, ill bet he was advised to do something to get comitted so he can play the cookoo card and how he is getting help for it so the judge can go lighter on him.

Evan
07-17-2008, 04:14 PM
This sounds like damage control, ill bet he was advised to do something to get comitted so he can play the cookoo card and how he is getting help for it so the judge can go lighter on him.

Naw…he wasn't in that much trouble. They guy is a well known good hearted fella who doesn't abuse drugs…does charity…and has countless people to speak on his behalf. Insanity defense is a pretty tough one to pull off.

LEONARD
07-17-2008, 04:18 PM

Well, typically when somebody describes MMA as "beating each other senseless" it's somebody that doesn't know much about the sport, or they're just taking a shot...

It's a combat sport...it goes without saying that there is combat, which includes hitting each other in the head...

2centsworth
07-17-2008, 04:42 PM
Well, typically when somebody describes MMA as "beating each other senseless" it's somebody that doesn't know much about the sport, or they're just taking a shot...

It's a combat sport...it goes without saying that there is combat, which includes hitting each other in the head...

it was a joke I would have made about any combat sport, because in light of recent events I'm not going to take these sports too seriously. Lighten up.

dbreiden83080
07-17-2008, 06:19 PM
Okay, what is going on here with Rampage?? The guy has never been in this kind of trouble before and now he is all over the map. It would be a tremendous loss to the MMA world if he can't get it together. This guy has it all.

Evan
07-17-2008, 06:23 PM
Okay, what is going on here with Rampage?? The guy has never been in this kind of trouble before and now he is all over the map. It would be a tremendous loss to the MMA world if he can't get it together. This guy has it all.

breakdown.

dbreiden83080
07-17-2008, 06:38 PM
breakdown.

Well it can't be just the loss to Forrest, even though i thought he won. This guy bounced back from getting Ko'd twice by Silva.

IX_Equilibrium
07-17-2008, 06:43 PM
I surely wouldn't watch or know as much as I do.

Well from the comments you have made concerning MMA, it's clear that you don't know much. So there goes your point.

Evan
07-17-2008, 06:58 PM

2centsworth
07-17-2008, 07:24 PM
Well from the comments you have made concerning MMA, it's clear that you don't know much. So there goes your point.

really, what points are those?