PDA

View Full Version : Spurs Drafting & Trading Problems!

4everSpurFan
07-17-2008, 05:05 PM
Why do the spurs have so much problems in one of the most important aspects of their organization???:bang

Honestly, I love my spurs and have since I understood the game back in elementary but I don't think we will go far in 08-09:bang Everyone is getting key pickups and the spurs are still where they finished with a weak bench.

I'm pretty irritated by this!!!lol

ChumpDumper
07-17-2008, 05:06 PM
Kinda dumb.

Bartleby
07-17-2008, 05:08 PM
Spurs shoulda tried to get Maggette

Taking it to the Hole
07-17-2008, 05:12 PM
Oh ye of little faith!

Your predicting the outcome of the season before a single regular season game is played? The NBA season is a long one. Numerous things can happen between now and playoff time. Injuries, trades, players emerge and players regress. Just because a team was a favorite the last year doesn't mean they will be a favorite this year.

The one thing the Spurs have that other teams are figuring out is that they are always in contention, because they have a solid organization and a simple philosophy centering around teamwork.

Leetonidas
07-17-2008, 05:14 PM
The Spurs are automatically going to be better next year with a healthy Manu, Mason instead of Finley, and George Hill instead of Vaughn.

The Spurs lost in a close series with the Lakers in the WCF with a Ginobili on one ankle.

They're fine.

benefactor
07-17-2008, 05:14 PM
Why do the spurs have so much problems in one of the most important aspects of their organization???:bang

Honestly, I love my spurs and have since I understood the game back in elementary but I don't think we will go far in 08-09:bang Everyone is getting key pickups and the spurs are still where they finished with a weak bench.

I hear ya buddy!! Its almost as bad as the member and ignorant post problems on ST!!! WTF!!!!11!!1!

tav1
07-17-2008, 05:29 PM

Help me out, dude. What "problem" are you referring to? Is it the 4 rings while under the cap? The Spurs are almost always one of the deepest teams in the league. Right now, without another move this summer, they're one of the top 5 teams in the league with better odds than most to win a championship. I don't see the grave problem that has you so irritated.

4everSpurFan
07-17-2008, 05:38 PM
Spurs shoulda tried to get Maggette

they should of did what it took to get him but they settle for a G. Mason cat....:bang

Oh ye of little faith!

Your predicting the outcome of the season before a single regular season game is played? The NBA season is a long one. Numerous things can happen between now and playoff time. Injuries, trades, players emerge and players regress. Just because a team was a favorite the last year doesn't mean they will be a favorite this year.

The one thing the Spurs have that other teams are figuring out is that they are always in contention, because they have a solid organization and a simple philosophy centering around teamwork.

Well let's hope TD is still as productive this coming up year, etc. Also gino20 doesn't reinjure his ankle playin olympic ball. If not then we are going to have a long season

Help me out, dude. What "problem" are you referring to? Is it the 4 rings while under the cap? The Spurs are almost always one of the deepest teams in the league. Right now, without another move this summer, they're one of the top 5 teams in the league with better odds than most to win a championship. I don't see the grave problem that has you so irritated.

With what bench??? Only player I see that can really help is Udoka.. Not sure on this mason guy since I didn't know who he was. I didn't pay attn: to east ball

K-State Spur
07-17-2008, 05:42 PM
they should of did what it took to get him but they settle for a G. Mason cat....:bang

and what would it have taken to get him? under what circumstances is: 5.8>10 ?????

Gino2882
07-17-2008, 05:43 PM
I also think this team will be better. I see Ime Udoka (second year in system) playing a much bigger role and possibly even starting at the 2guard spot. If Hill can get his shot down, he will be a big upgrade over Vaughn due to his athletic ability. Mason essentially replacing Finley also helps the team greatly.

xtremesteven33
07-17-2008, 05:44 PM
I also think this team will be better. I see Ime Udoka (second year in system) playing a much bigger role and possibly even starting at the 2guard spot. If Hill can get his shot down, he will be a big upgrade over Vaughn due to his athletic ability. Mason essentially replacing Finley also helps the team greatly.

Udoka will never be a starter.

Mason has a way better chance

manufor3
07-17-2008, 05:44 PM

Well let's hope TD is still as productive this coming up year, etc. Also gino20 doesn't reinjure his ankle playin olympic ball. If not then we are going to have a long season

With what bench??? Only player I see that can really help is Udoka.. Not sure on this mason guy since I didn't know who he was. I didn't pay attn: to east ball

Mahimini, Hill, Udoka, Gist, Mason we got a deep bench.

angelbelow
07-17-2008, 05:46 PM
i hate when our own fans underrate our acquisitions. it remains unseen how well we'll do AND the fucking offseason isnt even over. do you make a thread like this every time we get blown out?

tav1
07-17-2008, 05:48 PM

If you didn't know who Roger Mason was, then you probably shouldn't post about the Spurs' bench, or lack thereof, until you figure that out. The Spurs still need to add another piece this summer, but they more or less have their rotation already. And, from where I sit, it gives no reason for panic.

Parker/Vaughn/Hill (he might be the immediate reserve, if he can knock off the rust)

Mason/Ginobli/Finley (assuming)

Bowen/Udoka/TBD

Duncan/Bonner/Gist

Thoma/Mahinmi/Oberto

Add one swing to that list, even if it's of the Nachbar/Evans variety, and things are fine.

duncan228
07-17-2008, 05:48 PM
do you make a thread like this every time we get blown out?

We don't have to get blown out, there are jumpers with every loss all season long. :lol

mrspurs
07-17-2008, 05:56 PM
we know what most of the other top tier west rosters look like next season(keeping in mind some teams only played half a season with their star players shaq,jason,gasol,mighty mouse,kurt thomas) we know what ours is, i never take into mind a player getting hurt unless that player has a history of shining the pine all the time(brand,hill,tmac,heck most of the old clippers squad, etc.) going into or out of a season.....are we top 5 tier? yes...the question is what number are we after that? (and keep in mind we are the west so only one team should count in the east)...we know what we have todo in order togo all the way, some luck here, some luck there....sometimes it comes down to 1 or 2 games that will determine how far you go(HCA) and the west knows it now....someone best tell somebody...

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-17-2008, 05:59 PM
Spursreport must be down again.

4everSpurFan
07-17-2008, 05:59 PM
Mahimini, Hill, Udoka, Gist, Mason we got a deep bench.

Udoka is the only individual that we all seen in our system.. Let's hope thee other's fit in & make team & bench better

i hate when our own fans underrate our acquisitions. it remains unseen how well we'll do AND the fucking offseason isnt even over. do you make a thread like this every time we get blown out?

Quit being a pansy man... Did I say or mention anything about the season already being lost??

If you didn't know who Roger Mason was, then you probably shouldn't post about the Spurs' bench, or lack thereof, until you figure that out. The Spurs still need to add another piece this summer, but they more or less have their rotation already. And, from where I sit, it gives no reason for panic.

Parker/Vaughn/Hill (he might be the immediate reserve, if he can knock off the rust)

Mason/Ginobli/Finley (assuming)

Bowen/Udoka/TBD

Duncan/Bonner/Gist

Thoma/Mahinmi/Oberto

Add one swing to that list, even if it's of the Nachbar/Evans variety, and things are fine.

Only time I saw the wizards was in the playoffs and G. Mason didn't produce much... It was D. Stevenson who carried that team.. His avg. of what 9 points isn't something to get thrilled about. He is athletic I hear which is always good news. But the rest of the bench is a bunch of unproductive personnel & soon to be grandpa's:lol

ChumpDumper
07-17-2008, 06:00 PM
we know what most of the other top tier west rosters look like next season(keeping in mind some teams only played half a season with their star players shaq,jason,gasol,mighty mouse,kurt thomas) we know what ours is, i never take into mind a player getting hurt unless that player has a history of shining the pine all the time(brand,hill,tmac,heck most of the old clippers squad, etc.) going into or out of a season.....are we top 5 tier? yes...the question is what number are we after that? (and keep in mind we are the west so only one team should count in the east)...we know what we have todo in order togo all the way, some luck here, some luck there....sometimes it comes down to 1 or 2 games that will determine how far you go(HCA) and the west knows it now....someone best tell somebody...
Wow, that made absolutely no sense.

Leetonidas
07-17-2008, 06:02 PM
Only time I saw the wizards was in the playoffs and G. Mason didn't produce much... It was A. Stevenson who carried that team.. His avg. of what 9 points isn't nothing to get thrilled about. He is athletic I hear which is always good news. But the rest of the bench is a bunch of unproductive personnel & soon to be grandpa's:lol

Then you probably didn't know that when Mason started for the Wizards he averaged 17.4ppg.

ChumpDumper
07-17-2008, 06:03 PM
A. Stevenson?

Leetonidas

http://www.lolsauce.com/RandomBS/English%20Mother%20Fucker.jpeg

4everSpurFan
Then you probably didn't know that when Mason started for the Wizards he averaged 17.4ppg.

well shoot that's even better news to hear but I'm going based of nba.com stats..

tav1
07-17-2008, 06:07 PM
Udoka is the only individual that we all seen in our system.. Let's hope thee other's fit in & make team & bench better

Quit being a pansy man... Did I say or mention anything about the season already being lost??

Only time I saw the wizards was in the playoffs and G. Mason didn't produce much... It was A. Stevenson who carried that team.. His avg. of what 9 points isn't something to get thrilled about. He is athletic I hear which is always good news. But the rest of the bench is a bunch of unproductive personnel & soon to be grandpa's:lol

How many of the guys I mentioned are 30 or younger?

Go here (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/splits?playerId=1721) and look at Mason's #s as a starter last season. If he plays 20 minutes a game at near that level, he represents a huge upgrade over Finley. He's also a much better defender.

kjhip1
07-17-2008, 06:10 PM
what we are missing is a true presence at center...like a Uwe Blab type...

4everSpurFan
07-17-2008, 06:15 PM
what we are missing is a true presence at center...like a Uwe Blab type...

:word: neither thomas or fabreezeeeO going to get it done whoever they throw there

Reckless28
07-17-2008, 06:50 PM
is it really that the spurs can recruit anyone to come play here, or is it that they just sign somewhere else for more money? I really think that all those players, i.e. jason kidd, jermane oneal, corey magette, p. j. brown, and all the others, don't want to play for pop, and they like the money. just a thought.

ivanfromwestwood
07-17-2008, 07:02 PM
Mahimini, Hill, Udoka, Gist, Mason we got a deep bench.what about bonner. he can spread the floor. :lmao just kidding.

big daddy russ
07-17-2008, 07:27 PM
Mason can put the ball on the hardwood and can put pressure on a defese. That's why we got him.

Manu never admitted it, but he was still messed up during the playoffs. He was basically Mitch Richmond circa 1999... was great when his shot was falling but wasn't explosive enough to take anyone off the dribble. Just look at the only game he really went off against the Lakers. Had 30 points, but only because he nailed five three-pointers. That was the only game he really did anything. The rest of the time, they played just far enough off him to keep him from driving and forced him to become a shooter.

When defenses got smart and sagged off TP, there was no one left to get into the paint for the Spurs. Bowen and Udoka are exclusively there for their defense, that part of Finley's game left him a few years back, and that was never part of Barry's game. That's why they brought in Mason.

Spurtacus
07-17-2008, 09:19 PM
4 championships in 10 years...

#1 winningest team in all sports since Duncan arrived...

Yeah, the Spurs have personnel problems. :depressed

Tully365
07-17-2008, 10:33 PM
I can't believe the wizards got Adlai Stevenson. That guy never quits.
I don't know too much about George Mason or Henry "Blueberry" Hill.

What if the profits from Dunkin Donuts are so great this year that Timmy just retires?! Then we're totally screwed.

SPURSGOAT
07-17-2008, 10:40 PM
I can't believe the wizards got Adlai Stevenson. That guy never quits.
I don't know too much about George Mason or Henry "Blueberry" Hill.

What if the profits from Dunkin Donuts are so great this year that Timmy just retires?! Then we're totally screwed.

:dizzy:huh

Tully365
07-17-2008, 10:44 PM
:dizzy:huh

Read the entire thread-- you'll see...

Lake_show
07-17-2008, 10:48 PM
The Spurs are automatically going to be better next year with a healthy Manu, Mason instead of Finley, and George Hill instead of Vaughn.

The Spurs lost in a close series with the Lakers in the WCF with a Ginobili on one ankle.

They're fine.

Close series= 4-1 without Bynum?

mystargtr34
07-17-2008, 11:03 PM
:lol your sig makes me laugh everytime

Leetonidas
07-17-2008, 11:12 PM

Um, yes retard. All the games were pretty close minus the blowouts in Game 2 and 3.

4everSpurFan
07-17-2008, 11:14 PM

series could've gone either way.... our old bench wrecked it for us!! PERIOD!

Our starters beat your starters every game but 1 but our bench didn't provide any points. TP & TD couldn't step off that court. Anyway, your "lakeshow" sure did play like "lakeshit" in the finals..haha

Hopefully coming up year's bench steps up!! Bring back what's ours...:lobt2:

;)

knee-knee-3
07-17-2008, 11:20 PM
A. Stevenson?

Adlai Stevenson, I think.

mrspurs
07-18-2008, 07:10 AM
4 championships in 10 years...

#1 winningest team in all sports since Duncan arrived...

Yeah, the Spurs have personnel problems. :depressed

dang i like your avatar....its the only one i look forward to seeing, but sounds to me meaning no disrepect, your one of those spoiled spurs....i hope your words will have added numbers in a positive direction....i think maybe what ppl. are looking at is right now....not back then

4everSpurFan
07-18-2008, 10:18 AM
my bad... it's DeShawn Stevenson

4everSpurFan
07-18-2008, 10:19 AM
dang i like your avatar....its the only one i look forward to seeing, but sounds to me meaning no disrepect, your one of those spoiled spurs....i hope your words will have added numbers in a positive direction....i think maybe what ppl. are looking at is right now....not back then

:toast :word

anakha
07-18-2008, 10:38 AM
sounds to me meaning no disrepect, your one of those spoiled spurs

Your sarcasm detector needs repair.

nfg3
07-18-2008, 01:11 PM
Adlai Stevenson, I think.

Not available having assumed room temperature some time back - 1965. Anyway he was a white stiff that couldn't jump, handle or shoot but had a long career playing for the Democratic Party as a government counsel, govenor of Illinois, US delegate to the UN and eventually appointed by John Kennedy to be ambassodor. Also may it to the Finals twice in '52 and '56 but got punked by Eisenhower both times.