PDA

View Full Version : Anyone listen to SIRIUS NFL radio?

Evan
07-17-2008, 05:39 PM
Why do a couple people call the Panthers America's Team?

N.Y. Johnny
07-17-2008, 07:30 PM
They're delusional. What are they callers or hosts?

Evan
07-17-2008, 07:41 PM
They're delusional. What are they callers or hosts?

Hosts

Adam Schein

and some douchebag who makes a weird grunting noise when he does the two minute drill Dave Hagan

N.Y. Johnny
07-17-2008, 07:44 PM
Well theres the answer...Adam Schein, a bitter little man in radio like Andrew Siciliano. Ironically both were or are still at Fox Sports....anyways I remember his hacky "scheinbox"
There's two fags that need to get into a circle jerk with each other. :lol

Evan
07-17-2008, 08:03 PM
I have been assuming they were doing it to annoy Cowboy fans.

A nice little wacky FM dj bit.

scott
07-17-2008, 10:46 PM
Last year the Jags were America's team... I think Schein just picks a new one every year and rolls with it.

Evan
07-18-2008, 08:03 AM
This channel is weird...I have been listening to it for a couple years and it seems like every fill in show is better than the main line up. Too many blow hard NY media types who over laugh…I can't stand Adam with his fake growling radio voice. But the station is still growing so maybe it just needs time and it seems like their shaking things up a bit

Evan
07-18-2008, 08:04 AM
Last year the Jags were America's team... I think Schein just picks a new one every year and rolls with it.

I guess I didn't notice that.

O-Factor
07-18-2008, 10:08 AM
Remember a couple of years ago when Peter King proclaimed the Saints as America's Team, when he said all of America was pulling for them. I never did...

I took exception to that. Most of the fans who filled up the Superdome when the Saints returned there were not affected by Katrina like poor residents of N.O. were. Furthermore, people who lost everything in Katrina didn't give a shit about the Saints returning. They had bigger problems on their mind and to deal with.

Okay, I'll get off the soapbox now. :lol

jack sommerset
07-18-2008, 10:54 AM
I will NEVER pay to listen to the radio. NEVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Goverment takes half your earnings, gas prices have nearly doubled in 2 years,cable companies raise your rates every month, electricity is outrageous this time of the year,don't get me started on the cell bill, I pay like everyone else for water but my wife insist on having a water cooler and buys bottled water for the fridge,killer prices for daycare for the kid plus swimming lessons,dancing,gymnastics and soccer makes you want to scream,everywhere you go you get charge for using your laptop (internet), godforbid I don't want internet on my phone so there is another charge. A pack of smokes is over 5 bucks now so the plan to slowly kill myself has been axed.

The hell with Sirus, I will never pay to listen to the radio. Now I am off to see Space Chimps A movie I don't want to see. To add to my misery everyone will be talking about the new Batman movie and I am watching a cartoon movie about monkeys in space with my kid so there is another 40 bucks down the tubes. Nobody ask me why I come to Spurstalk, its a nice get away from the world. Oh and they don't charge me

Evan
07-18-2008, 11:11 AM
I will NEVER pay to listen to the radio. NEVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

To each their own but I pay to listen to FCC free radio and good music. SIRIUS has helped me re-discover good music again.

ATRAIN
07-18-2008, 11:30 AM
I was wondering where the origin of "America's team" came from and found this entry. I can see why they could say that however there really is no such thing. Unless everyone in America supported that team or if they were the only team in America would that be possible. I hate it when people say a certain team is America's team. Its a crock of shit.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/America's_Team

Evan
07-18-2008, 11:46 AM
I was wondering where the origin of "America's team" came from and found this entry. I can see why they could say that however there really is no such thing. Unless everyone in America supported that team or if they were the only team in America would that be possible. I hate it when people say a certain team is America's team. Its a crock of shit.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/America's_Team

That article is leaving a few things out….

Its also called that because people all over the world have heard of the Dallas Cowboys even if they don't know what the NFL is, also…the nick name is officially recognized by the other team owners and was approved once again when they last voted to keep the Cowboys and Lions on Thanksgiving day.