PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know

T Park
07-17-2008, 05:42 PM
the rates for the I phone on Tmobile?

Thanks in advance.

I'm looking at the instinct from Sprint now, but am leaning heavily twords the Iphone, although, there are reports of ALOT of trouble with the phone out there.

mouse
07-17-2008, 06:27 PM
http://www.apple.com/pr/library/2007/10/29iphone.html

N.Y. Johnny
07-17-2008, 07:10 PM
Tpark you got T Mobile service already?

If not just go buy a T Mobile plan, whichever one you want from them, if you qualify get a free phone or a throw away pre pay cheapo phone and just unlock the iPhone and use your T Mobile sim on there. You're not going to get a rate FOR the iPhone from T Mobile because its really AT&T Exclusive and everyone using a iPhone on Tmobile is using it unlocked with their T Mobile SIM chip in it.

Brutalis
07-17-2008, 08:19 PM
Thought you already got the iPhone?

PhoneArena
iPhone 3G:
Editor Rating- 8
Consumer Rating 8.1 out of 7 reviews

There are only 7 consumer reviews for this insanely popular phone! Just 7!! And if you read them the Dare is mentioned twice LMAO, along with how the messaging is bunk, and the prices are bunk, and a guy that even rated it 10 said "this is not the best phone out there, but" .. and 7 reviews since June 9th shows me people are buying this phone out of popularity and impulse. Numerous other "tech" sites mention the iPhone wealth has been based on popularity and not quality nor service.
http://www.phonearena.com/htmls/Appl...ne-p_2962.html

LG Dare
Editor Rating- 9
Consumer Review- 9.5 out of 95 Reviews

The Dare has 3 months on the iPhone3G which was supposed to be Apple's new and improved iPhone and still failed to compare in reviews and ratings. If you check it out consumers love the fact that WiFi is not needed to access the internet, and that you can picture message and have better call quality to name a few. They even make a version for fat people or fat fingers. The only drawback I have found on the net is the touch screen is not as fancy as the iPhone.
http://www.phonearena.com/htmls/LG-D...e-pb_2669.html

Phone Arena is the biggest consumer guide to reviewing and rating phones. However there is Phone Scoop there in second. If you want to compare phones side by side click...
http://www.phonescoop.com/phones/compare.php?id[]=1656&id[]=1524&id[]=&id[]=&id[]=

Even there does the Dare have better consumer ratings. Like I said facts are facts, and in the end it's about what you like best personally. But the iPhone is a popularity trip therefor I tend to ignore most binge users. If you just want a high res heavier phone with a little bit more battery life and careless about the rest then go with the iPhone. However Dare runs on a better network, contains picture messaging which seems to be the biggest complaint, and does not require WiFi. You are already connected wherever you go with Dare.

So to close, reading those sites, and around the net my conclusion has left me to go check out the Dare, which is in fact the best phone on the market from everything I have read.

Verizon wowed me over AT&T and has better service, and cheaper data plans. You'll have service in areas AT&T doesn't. I'm so glad I didn't get the iPhone, after playing with it for a day, then the Dare... it does not even compare. Faster internet too.

leemajors
07-17-2008, 08:42 PM
if you don't currently have a cell plan and want an iPhone, just go with AT&T - you void your warranty when you unlock it, just don't mess with it if you're not tech savvy. if you're like dinkus here, get a dare on verizon. if you want t-mobile, just get one of their smart phones.

N.Y. Johnny
07-17-2008, 10:11 PM
leemajors is correct,

Unlocking comes with the effect of voiding the warranties. If you're tech savvy and know what you're doing jailbreaking and unlocking the iPhone is a little easy with Independence and Pwnage Tool out there now. Its software unlocking but it can get nasty and you can brick the phone if you don't know what you're doing. I think T Park was buying one on eBay already unlocked so he maybe good to go already.

If you get one on ebay, get it unlocked already so you won't worry about it.

Brutalis how much is Big Red charging for data on the Dare? I thought they had a minimum of $29.99 for data but cheaper dumb phones have a $15 V Cast thing or whatever the hell thats called.

leemajors
07-17-2008, 11:12 PM
leemajors is correct,

Unlocking comes with the effect of voiding the warranties. If you're tech savvy and know what you're doing jailbreaking and unlocking the iPhone is a little easy with Independence and Pwnage Tool out there now. Its software unlocking but it can get nasty and you can brick the phone if you don't know what you're doing. I think T Park was buying one on eBay already unlocked so he maybe good to go already.

If you get one on ebay, get it unlocked already so you won't worry about it.

Brutalis how much is Big Red charging for data on the Dare? I thought they had a minimum of $29.99 for data but cheaper dumb phones have a $15 V Cast thing or whatever the hell thats called.

i read on giz that they are still working on being able to baseband unlock the phone running 2.0. it can be jailbroken, but they aren't gonna release a baseband unlock until they are sure it works.

Brutalis
07-18-2008, 11:44 AM

Same plans as AT&T for the iPhone I posted in the other thread, minus 10 dollars each plan. And they have text plans INCLUDED that aren't that gas ass 200/month thing. I don't know about V-Cast and their other phones. The Sidekick is doing well with little teeny bop girls though so maybe you can find one of them and ask haha.