PDA

View Full Version : Philly aquires Joe Blanton!

djohn14
07-17-2008, 05:48 PM
They get him from Oakland for 3 minor league prospects. Im not sure who, but its on ESPN. Boy the A's give away all their good pitchin. Mulder, Hudson, Haren, Harden, Blanton. They just grow the kids and trade em.

Thunder Dan
07-17-2008, 06:12 PM
I think being an A's fan is worse than being an Indians fan. I mean both teams make legit runs at the World Series every couple of years (unlike the Pirates, Orioles, Rangers and others) so they are decent ball clubs- however they both have these fire sales every couple of years which are disheartening if you are a fan of them. But like I said, I think the A's fans have it worse because they trade EVERYONE away (well the Indians just let them walk see Belle, Manny and THome)

djohn14
07-17-2008, 06:25 PM
Blantons numbers arent that impressive. Hes 5 and 12 with a high 4 ERA, and now hes going to a hitters ballpark. He is a good pitcher though.

misterx91578
07-17-2008, 06:33 PM
wonder what Philly is going to do with Myers

gaKNOW!blee
07-17-2008, 08:15 PM
wonder what Philly is going to do with Myers

He is pitching july 23rd, Eaton is the one who is outta here.

Vinnie_Johnson
07-17-2008, 10:19 PM
Blantons numbers arent that impressive. Hes 5 and 12 with a high 4 ERA, and now hes going to a hitters ballpark. He is a good pitcher though.

Plus 1

5-12??

Don't look now but The Mets are in First place.

JamStone
07-18-2008, 07:45 AM
I think being an A's fan is worse than being an Indians fan. I mean both teams make legit runs at the World Series every couple of years (unlike the Pirates, Orioles, Rangers and others) so they are decent ball clubs- however they both have these fire sales every couple of years which are disheartening if you are a fan of them. But like I said, I think the A's fans have it worse because they trade EVERYONE away (well the Indians just let them walk see Belle, Manny and THome)

Comparing which franchise sucks more? Tough season, kid.

ATRAIN
07-18-2008, 09:27 AM
Comparing which franchise sucks more? Tough season, kid.

Astros suck more and yes its been a tough season for us :(

Vinnie_Johnson
07-18-2008, 01:55 PM
Can I vote for The Lions?