PDA

View Full Version : Wow, just wow...overturned D.C. handgun ban - rejects Heller's app for permit

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-17-2008, 09:48 PM
http://www.wusa9.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=74036&catid=158

Seriously. What a bunch of fucking idiots in that town.

And back to the Supreme Court we go (eventually)...

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-17-2008, 09:51 PM
I guess they missed this part of the Supreme Court ruling:

In sum, we hold that the District’s ban on handgun possession in the home violates the Second Amendment, as does its prohibition against rendering any lawful firearm in the home operable for the purpose of immediate self-defense. Assuming that Heller is not disqualified from the exercise of Second Amendment rights, the District must permit him to register his handgun and must issue him a license to carry it in the home.

Fucking idiots.

07-17-2008, 10:01 PM
AHF, I didn't read the article, but what I heard on the radio that everyone except for one applicant were turned away because they didn't bring their handguns with them when they registered and that Heller would be back on Friday.

Oh, Gee!!
07-18-2008, 08:04 AM
Heller would be back on Friday....

with extreme prejudice. [in that movie preview guy voice]

xrayzebra
07-18-2008, 09:20 AM
AHF, I didn't read the article, but what I heard on the radio that everyone except for one applicant were turned away because they didn't bring their handguns with them when they registered and that Heller would be back on Friday.

I wonder if they will arrest them for being in possession of an unregistered firearm if they show up with them.......:lol

Actually it isn't funny. Shows the arrogance of the Liberals. Screw the Supreme Court if we don't agree with them.

Anyhow the lawyers are making a bundle.