PDA

View Full Version : Mvp

Dre_7
02-04-2005, 01:20 AM
They are talkin about MVP right now. Hey, TD in the game - 28 pt lead. TD out in 4th - lead cut to 12. I think TD at least needs to be mentioned in the MVP discussions. Hes still the best player in the NBA in my (biased) opinion.

MaNuMaNiAc
02-04-2005, 01:26 AM
I think TD should definately be considered for MVP, except I wouldn't just put this game as the reason. TD being out wasn't the only reason the Spurs lost the 28 point lead. I mean, we definately missed more 3pt shots than usual. Plus, it wasn't so much the fact that TD wasn't in the game, but the idea that he might be injured that scared TP and Manu into playing like they did, at least I think so. Plus, Nash's injury was way more critical and his absence more pronounced, and therefore his impact for the Suns made even more clear. This game doesn't really say much. Ofcourse WE know that if Tim is gone, so is the championship, but does everyone else?

Dre_7
02-04-2005, 01:31 AM
I know what you're sayin, but if TD's injury was serious and he was out a long time, I think we'd be screwed. No offence to Tony and Manu, but they cant lead a team for an extended period of time like TD can. But, I dont care if hes not MVP, as long as he gets his 3rd NBA title, its all good.

MaNuMaNiAc
02-04-2005, 01:37 AM
I hear ya!

LilMissSPURfect
02-04-2005, 10:14 AM
Timmeh Timmeh Timmeh Timmeh Timmeh Timmeh Timmeh Timmeh Timmeh Timmeh Timmeh Timmeh Timmeh Timmeh Timmeh Timmeh Timmeh Timmeh Timmeh Timmeh Timmeh Timmeh Timmeh Timmeh Timmeh Timmeh Timmeh Timmeh Timmeh Timmeh Timmeh Timmeh Timmeh Timmeh Timmeh Timmeh Timmeh Timmeh Timmeh Timmeh

If the SPURS end up with the BEST Record. Why wouldn't TIMMEH even be mentioned...?

CosmicCowboy
02-04-2005, 10:45 AM
Dirk Nowitzki has a stronger claim to MVP than Timmy does this year...and he has actually started playing some defense too...

tlongII
02-04-2005, 10:51 AM
LeBron should be the MVP. Duncan would be my second choice.

Jimcs50
02-04-2005, 11:17 AM
Nash

bigzak25
02-04-2005, 11:21 AM
I think TD at least needs to be mentioned in the MVP discussions.

there's no doubt he'll be perennially in the conversation for MVP, but his numbers are down except for the ones that could propel him to Defensive Player of the Year. Blocks/Boards. And last night could be a push for that award as well, when you consider it was the lack of D that led to the laker comeback....18pts in a row? you kidding me?

boutons
02-04-2005, 01:03 PM
Spurs are fully capable of disappearing on O and D with Tim playing.

see 4th qtr @TOR
see 2nd qtr SEA@SBC

I thought it was gutsy move and test for Pop to refuse to put Tim back in (he may have been thinking about the ASG :) ), and the players responded well in crunch time to close out the game without Tim, somewhat ameliorating how the fuck the Spurs let the -28 Lakers back in the game in the first place.

td4mvp21
02-04-2005, 06:37 PM
i say duncan is a good choice because he plays on offense AND defense unlike nash. if we didnt have duncan for a season, we would probably be somewhere around 42-40. even if he doesnt score alot every night, without him we wouldn't be anywhere near what we are now. IMO its between him and nash

FromWayDowntown
02-04-2005, 06:44 PM
Timmy always seems to get lost in the mix in the national media. He has a few ardent supporters, but most of the talking heads drone on and on about flashier players. In the end, Tim will be there and will probably finish in the Top 5 at worst. I do think that the DPOY thing is a good possibility, though. I hear his name bandied about more and more in that category.

I don't listen too carefully to the national media on awards at this point. I actually heard some dope on TV argue that Quentin Richardson should win the 6th man award this season. Of course, the fact that Q has started 47 of 48 games for Phoenix this year (officially disqualifying him in the 6th man category) is probably not helpful to that effort.