PDA

View Full Version : Heath Ledger

batman2883
07-18-2008, 07:51 AM
Deserves Every Single Award That He Can Qualify For His Performance In The Dark Knight, Just Saw It At 12:01 At The Imax Last Night And Seriously, He Completely Transformed For This Role, I Dont Think Anyone Else Could Have Done A Better Job......for Those Of You That Wanna Wait, Dont Do It, Just Go Straight To The Theater And Try To Get A Ticket Somewhere The Dark Knight Is Something You Should See Right Away, The Movie Gave Me Goosebumps!!!

tlongII
07-18-2008, 08:52 AM
Yeah, but you're Batman!

MavDynasty
07-18-2008, 08:58 AM
:lmao ^^

degenerate_gambler
07-18-2008, 09:02 AM
Deserves Every Single Award That He Can Qualify For His Performance In The Dark Knight, Just Saw It At 12:01 At The Imax Last Night And Seriously, He Completely Transformed For This Role, I Dont Think Anyone Else Could Have Done A Better Job......

can you possibly squeeze another millimeter of his cock down your throat?

ZStomp
07-18-2008, 09:39 AM
Deserves Every Single Award That He Can Qualify For His Performance In The Dark Knight, Just Saw It At 12:01 At The Imax Last Night And Seriously, He Completely Transformed For This Role, I Dont Think Anyone Else Could Have Done A Better Job......for Those Of You That Wanna Wait, Dont Do It, Just Go Straight To The Theater And Try To Get A Ticket Somewhere The Dark Knight Is Something You Should See Right Away, The Movie Gave Me Goosebumps!!!

not that hard to get a ticket...? i was able to get one at 1030 or so last night for the midnight showing at Huebner Oaks- and the theater wasn't even packed.

monosylab1k
07-18-2008, 09:44 AM
not that hard to get a ticket...? i was able to get one at 1030 or so last night for the midnight showing at Huebner Oaks- and the theater wasn't even packed.

Where I live, trying to get a ticket at 10:30 would have made you two days late in trying to get one. And getting there at 10:30 period would have put you in the back of a big ass line.

batman2883
07-18-2008, 11:46 AM
can you possibly squeeze another millimeter of his cock down your throat?

maybe if he was still alive

batman2883
07-18-2008, 11:46 AM
maybe if he was still alive

faG

Cant_Be_Faded
07-18-2008, 07:11 PM
ROFL
i predicted this in a non homer way MONTHS ago

ShoogarBear
07-18-2008, 10:07 PM
Maybe somebody else will die between now and the Oscar nominations.

CuckingFunt
07-18-2008, 10:45 PM
ROFL
i predicted this in a non homer way MONTHS ago

I don't doubt that a lot of the hype for the performance, and for the movie itself, has to do with Ledger's sudden death, but he really is pretty amazing in the film.

ShoogarBear
07-18-2008, 10:54 PM
Too bad Tim Russert couldn't get cast as the Penguin.

Ed Helicopter Jones
07-18-2008, 10:56 PM
I do want to see this movie.

Spurminator
07-18-2008, 11:56 PM
You know, when something is hyped for this long, this heavily, I tend to look for something not to like about it. I don't know why, it's just how I'm programmed. That's especially the case when it comes to overhyped work by dead people.

But while I did find flaws in the movie itself, Ledger exceeded all expectations. If Hopkins' Hannibal Lecter ranks as one of the great villain performances in movie history, then Ledger's Joker is right there with him.

duncan228
07-19-2008, 12:01 AM
If Hopkins' Hannibal Lecter ranks as one of the great villain performances in movie history, then Ledger's Joker is right there with him.

I haven't seen Ledger yet, I'll wait for the crowds to thin a little. But Hopkins' Hannibal Lecter in Silence is one of my all-time favorite villains.

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-19-2008, 12:05 AM
If Hopkins' Hannibal Lecter ranks as one of the great villain performances in movie history, then Ledger's Joker is right there with him.

Concur. Bale was rock solid but Heath stole the show.

O-Factor
07-19-2008, 12:22 AM
I haven't seen Ledger yet, I'll wait for the crowds to thin a little. But Hopkins' Hannibal Lecter in Silence is one of my all-time favorite villains.

Then you'll love Heaths performance as the Joker.

duncan228
07-19-2008, 12:38 AM
Then you'll love Heaths performance as the Joker.

Cool. I'm looking forward to it.

BRHornet45
07-19-2008, 01:01 AM
sons no disrespect to Heath, but the media already decided on giving him every award possible when he died months ago. regardless if he deserves it or not. thats how it goes ... if you die young, your a legend. however, from what I have heard, he did a great job.

midgetonadonkey
07-19-2008, 01:04 AM
Sons, he doesn't deserve shit after being in the piece of shit Ten Things I Hate About You and the shit called A Knight's Tale.

Fuck Heath Ledger. He's a junkie.

KEDA
07-19-2008, 01:20 AM
I just saw Batman, and I agree Heath Ledger deserves an oscar for that performance, it was brilliant.

angelbelow
07-19-2008, 01:28 AM
his performance stole the show. simply amazing. even though hes getting hyped this much you'll still enjoy it.

T Park
07-19-2008, 01:54 AM
Hearing the reviews after its being seen, it almost makes me a tad sad, that because he has passed, there won't be a chance to reenact the role again.

Monday can't come soon enough.

Kori Ellis
07-19-2008, 02:41 AM
Hmm... I wonder if I'll hate this movie.

ShoogarBear
07-19-2008, 05:24 AM
Hmm... I wonder if I'll hate this movie.

It's not directed by Scorsese.

PEP
07-19-2008, 07:51 AM
....is dead.

mFFL03
07-19-2008, 09:21 AM
hmmm I believe there is a dark knight thread for this....idiot

Cant_Be_Faded
07-19-2008, 10:14 AM
I don't doubt that a lot of the hype for the performance, and for the movie itself, has to do with Ledger's sudden death, but he really is pretty amazing in the film.

The entire point of what I was trying to say in my original prediction thread, was that we'll never know the true reaction to this movie without that junkie's olsen twin aided suicide.

Every single viewer of the Dark Knight is aware of Ledger's untimely demise. This affects reality and pushes the sequence of events through a different course than would have existed if that guy had just ran a few miles that morning. In my opinion noone would like this movie as much as they have without his drug death because its constantly in the conscious or subconscious mind of the movie viewer. This then adds to the 'mystique' and 'darkness' etc etc this movie claims to provide to the viewer.

One of the many previously unforeseen eventualities will hnaturally be him garnering an oscar from the grave.

CuckingFunt
07-19-2008, 12:23 PM
The entire point of what I was trying to say in my original prediction thread, was that we'll never know the true reaction to this movie without that junkie's olsen twin aided suicide.

Every single viewer of the Dark Knight is aware of Ledger's untimely demise. This affects reality and pushes the sequence of events through a different course than would have existed if that guy had just ran a few miles that morning. In my opinion noone would like this movie as much as they have without his drug death because its constantly in the conscious or subconscious mind of the movie viewer. This then adds to the 'mystique' and 'darkness' etc etc this movie claims to provide to the viewer.

One of the many previously unforeseen eventualities will hnaturally be him garnering an oscar from the grave.

Believe me, I was intentionally skeptical about Ledger's performance going in, but it really is good. Not because Heath Ledger died, but because it's really, genuinely, good acting.

I'd like to consider my opinion to be completely objective, but I'm sure it isn't on some level. However, neither is yours. Whether it be at the conscious or subconscious level, you made up your mind to call his performance overrated months before the film even came out.

xtremesteven33
07-19-2008, 01:12 PM
ledgers performance is waaaaaayy overrated. he did a good job but he did in no way creep me out or give me any kinda chills i get while watching other movie villans. like a hanibal lector or patrick bateman (christian bale) or even other villans have been better.

overall he gets so much praise beacause hes dead. nothing more. it was good but not great or legendary. people dont believe the hype

Spurminator
07-19-2008, 01:57 PM
Believe me, I was intentionally skeptical about Ledger's performance going in, but it really is good. Not because Heath Ledger died, but because it's really, genuinely, good acting.

Same for me. I expected to think it's overrated for the same reason I think Sublime is massively overrated... or Nirvana, or Jason Lee, etc. I'd go as far as to say a part of me WANTED to think the performance was overrated so I would have something to argue with all of the rabid Batman fanboys about.

whottt
07-19-2008, 02:12 PM
His Joker blows Nicholson's out of the water...that's really all that needs to be said.

Mister Sinister
07-19-2008, 02:48 PM
His Joker blows Nicholson's out of the water...that's really all that needs to be said.
I don't really like the comparing of the two Jokers. Like, I can see why they're being made, but they're both damn good portrayals of the same character, and I like them both because they're character-accurate.

MaNuMaNiAc
07-19-2008, 03:07 PM
Ledger's Joker basically made this movie. For me, it had nothing to do with getting goosebumps or stupid shit like that. When you watched him move, talk, do that thing he does with his mouth, everything about his character screamed deranged psychopath, and all of it done with the kind of subtlety that made it look so natural.

Add to this his ability to introduce humor without having it come out as cheesy and contrived, or more importantly breaking out of character, was amazing. I think that was the most difficult aspect of playing a part like the joker. Being able to pull off a balance between lunatic and clown effectively. I tell you, the "magic trick" part had the whole theater laughing so hard you'd think we were watching a comedy.

I agree with whottt in that Ledger blew Nicholson out of the water on this one, and that's a feat all by itself.

J.T.
07-19-2008, 04:25 PM
I am surprised the end credits roll did not have "The Joker as HIMSELF", that's how good it was. If you have seen any Heath Ledger movie he made before Batman, you just won't recognize him at all. His sudden death is even more haunting after you see the film, since Ledger was basically the Joker's final victim.

Cant_Be_Faded
07-19-2008, 04:58 PM

I'd like to consider my opinion to be completely objective, but I'm sure it isn't on some level. However, neither is yours. Whether it be at the conscious or subconscious level, you made up your mind to call his performance overrated months before the film even came out.

Yeah. Not necessarily overrated, but misrated for sure. But the world needs people like me to counteract the others. I'll still see it, when it hits the dollar theaters. Probably in half a year.

manufor3
07-19-2008, 06:35 PM
faG

you are so alone, you just quoted and insulted yourself

tp2021
07-19-2008, 08:34 PM
....is dead.

that is SO COLD!

but I :lol

midgetonadonkey
07-20-2008, 02:10 AM
Dark Knight!

Cant_Be_Faded
07-20-2008, 02:12 AM
more like BOROPHYLL

Cant_Be_Faded
07-20-2008, 02:16 AM
Seriously though, who would have EVER thought that batman2229828288282 would create a thread focused on Heath Ledger instead of the actual movie based on a character named BAT-MAN

who would have thought?

does noone else see the irony? Hello??? Am I wearing marriott goggles or what? Am I the crazy one? Am I on a fucking island?

This is life people, you can't fucking make this shit up.

midgetonadonkey
07-20-2008, 02:17 AM
Batman98730497592805709234 was shot.

Cant_Be_Faded
07-20-2008, 02:18 AM
His name is batman and he starts a thread about the star of Brokeback Mountain and Ten Things I hate About You.

Not about the movie, or Bale (the actor who plays BATMAN), but Ledger.

Life is weird sometimes.

mookie2001
07-20-2008, 02:18 AM
Seriously though, who would have EVER thought that batman2229828288282 would create a thread focused on Heath Ledger instead of the actual movie based on a character named BAT-MAN

who would have thought?

does noone else see the irony? Hello??? Am I wearing marriott goggles or what? Am I the crazy one? Am I on a fucking island?

This is life people, you can't fucking make this shit up.
ask jeeves

midgetonadonkey
07-20-2008, 02:19 AM
Batman32893487537273246896322893047529835782903645 82736459872 is sitting in the VIP section of some club right now remembering when he was shot and talking about how much he loves Heath Ledger.

Cant_Be_Faded
07-20-2008, 02:21 AM
He's stroking his 99% mexican marriott to the smooth beats of reggeton and salsa music whilst thinking of new ways to prop up the knight from A Knight's Tale.

Heath Ledger
07-20-2008, 02:03 PM
And please get off of my nuts. I was just doing my job.

Avitus1
07-20-2008, 02:24 PM
He did an amazing job as Joker..

Heath Ledger
07-20-2008, 02:39 PM
OMG!!! Did you see The Dark Night?
Keith Ledger was so fuckin' good as the Riddler...he better win a grammy.
His performance was so much better than his last movie when he played Johhny Cash!
I hope he is in the next one too!
That black guy from Shawshank was pretty fuckin' good too!

Jimcs50
07-20-2008, 04:18 PM
I agree, Heath should get the Oscar posthumously.

As an aside, I watched the trailer to what should be a great movie, Body of Lies which is coming out soon, with in my opinion, the best 2 actors alive, Leonardo DiCaprio and Russell Crowe.

Jimcs50
07-20-2008, 04:20 PM
OMG!!! Did you see The Dark Night?
Keith Ledger was so fuckin' good as the Riddler...he better win a grammy.
His performance was so much better than his last movie when he played Johhny Cash!
I hope he is in the next one too!
That black guy from Shawshank was pretty fuckin' good too!

What a waste of 10 secs....even glancing at anything you post....numbnuts.:rolleyes

1Parker1
07-20-2008, 06:09 PM
Too bad Tim Russert couldn't get cast as the Penguin.

:lmao :lmao He actually would have made a great Penguin.

Heath Ledger
07-20-2008, 06:38 PM
i copy and pasted that off of craigslist numbnuts someone posted it in rants and raves section

E20
07-20-2008, 06:54 PM
i copy and pasted that off of craigslist numbnuts someone posted it in rants and raves section

LMAO PWND