PDA

View Full Version : Al Queda to Stump for McCain

Nbadan
07-18-2008, 12:25 PM
Can anyone tell me the difference between this ass-clowns foreign experience and Dubyas?

Republican presidential candidate John McCain warned that al-Qaeda will step up terrorist attacks in Iraq leading up to the November election in the U.S.

"Al-Qaeda is on their heels but not defeated," McCain said today at a town hall meeting with General Motors workers in Warren, Michigan. ``I also predict that they will make an attempt, as we get into election season, to make more of these spectacular kinds of attacks'' by suicide bombers to destabilize the government of Iraqi Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki.

McCain, an Arizona senator, has spent much of this week touting his foreign policy and war experience while Democratic rival Barack Obama prepared for a trip to the Middle East. McCain has criticized Obama, an Illinois senator, for vowing to withdraw troops from Iraq within 16 months of taking office. McCain said the deployment of extra U.S. troops to Iraq last year has worked.

``Senator Obama said the surge would fail. He still fails to admit that it has succeeded,'' McCain said in response to a question from the audience. ``I am confident we will win.''

Earlier this year, McCain adviser Charlie Black caused a controversy when he was quoted in a Fortune magazine interview that the assassination of former Pakistani Prime Minister Benazir Bhutto before the New Hampshire primary ``helped us'' by highlighting that McCain ``is the guy who's ready to be commander in chief.'' Black added that a ``fresh terrorist attack certainly would be a big advantage'' politically.

Black later said he ``deeply'' regretted making the statement and McCain distanced himself from the comments.

Bloomberg (http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601087&sid=ah2V7py15A7A&refer=home)

Now I can't wait for that next Bin Laden tape...

boutons_
07-18-2008, 12:59 PM
Repugs and neo-c*nts have gotten everything else right about GWOT and Iraq, I'm sure McSenile's prediction is accurate about upcoming AQ, etc attacks.

dubya is doing a lot of stuff to HELP McStupid, like talking to Iran, talking about pulling troops out of Iraq, letting EPA publish their "CO2 hurts mankind", not rejecting Maliki's demand for a total withdrawal date, paying/arming 80K Sunni militants $25M/month to shut up and quit attacking US, getting the Iraqis, esp the Sunnis, to shut down the foreign AQ, etc.

Polls say the Iraqi politicians and the vast majority of Iraqis want their country back, want their country free of the imperial, occupying invader. I figure they see the best chance is to avoid signing SOFA, avoid passing the oil law, and keep quiet on the hope that black, terrorist Muslim HUSSEIN! agrees to Maliki's demand to pull out.

ie, calm, not terror, is the Iraqis best hope to see HUSSEIN! elected.

Nbadan
07-19-2008, 03:39 AM
McCain flip-flops on his prediction....should have blamed the senility instead!

July 18 (Bloomberg) -- A warning by Republican presidential candidate John McCain that al-Qaeda may increase terrorist attacks "as we get into the election season" prompted news organizations to report that he was referring to the U.S. election.

Campaign spokeswoman Brooke Buchanan later said McCain was talking about provincial elections in Iraq. McCain hadn't specified what election season he had in mind as he responded to questions at a town-hall meeting with General Motors Corp. workers in Warren, Michigan.

Before the clarification, Bloomberg News, the New York Times and CNN reported that the presumptive Republican nominee meant the U.S. election. Iraq's provincial elections may be held later this year...

Earlier this year, McCain adviser Charlie Black caused a controversy when he was quoted in a Fortune magazine interview that the assassination of former Pakistani Prime Minister Benazir Bhutto before the New Hampshire primary "helped us" by highlighting that McCain "is the guy who's ready to be commander in chief." Black added that a "fresh terrorist attack certainly would be a big advantage" politically.

Linky (http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601087&sid=aA7Co3dXUccw&refer=home)

PEP
07-19-2008, 07:35 AM
You mean how Osama made that tape right before the 2004 election saying that any US state that voted for Kerry would be spared from any future attacks?

The tape of Osama bin Laden that was aired on al-Jazeera on Friday, October 29 included a specific threat to "each U.S. state," designed to influence the outcome of the upcoming election against George W. Bush. The U.S. media in general mistranslated the words "ay wilaya" (which means "each U.S. state") to mean a "country" or "nation" other than the U.S., while in fact the threat was directed specifically at each individual U.S. state. This suggests some knowledge by bin Laden of the U.S. electoral-college system. In a section of his speech in which he harshly criticized George W. Bush, bin Laden stated: "Any U.S. state that does not toy with our security automatically guarantees its own security."

The Islamist website Al-Qal'a explained what this sentence meant: "This message was a warning to every U.S. state separately. When he [Osama Bin Laden] said, 'Every state will be determining its own security, and will be responsible for its choice,' it means that any U.S. state that will choose to vote for the white thug Bush as president has chosen to fight us, and we will consider it our enemy, and any state that will vote against Bush has chosen to make peace with us, and we will not characterize it as an enemy. By this characterization, Sheikh Osama wants to drive a wedge in the American body, to weaken it, and he wants to divide the American people itself between enemies of Islam and the Muslims, and those who fight for us, so that he doesn't treat all American people as if they're the same.

ElNono
07-19-2008, 11:14 AM
You mean how Osama made that tape right before the 2004 election saying that any US state that voted for Kerry would be spared from any future attacks?

The tape of Osama bin Laden that was aired on al-Jazeera on Friday, October 29 included a specific threat to "each U.S. state," designed to influence the outcome of the upcoming election against George W. Bush. The U.S. media in general mistranslated the words "ay wilaya" (which means "each U.S. state") to mean a "country" or "nation" other than the U.S., while in fact the threat was directed specifically at each individual U.S. state. This suggests some knowledge by bin Laden of the U.S. electoral-college system. In a section of his speech in which he harshly criticized George W. Bush, bin Laden stated: "Any U.S. state that does not toy with our security automatically guarantees its own security."

The Islamist website Al-Qal'a explained what this sentence meant: "This message was a warning to every U.S. state separately. When he [Osama Bin Laden] said, 'Every state will be determining its own security, and will be responsible for its choice,' it means that any U.S. state that will choose to vote for the white thug Bush as president has chosen to fight us, and we will consider it our enemy, and any state that will vote against Bush has chosen to make peace with us, and we will not characterize it as an enemy. By this characterization, Sheikh Osama wants to drive a wedge in the American body, to weaken it, and he wants to divide the American people itself between enemies of Islam and the Muslims, and those who fight for us, so that he doesn't treat all American people as if they're the same.

Thank god we found and captured/killed Osama so he can't be making any more of these threats.... Oh wait

PEP
07-19-2008, 02:24 PM
Thank god we found and captured/killed Osama so he can't be making any more of these threats.... Oh wait

I'd be willing to bet that the fucker is already 6 feet under.

ChumpDumper
07-19-2008, 02:35 PM
So those tapes you just cited were fakes?

I do know that Bin Laden probably loves the fact that Americans can't tell the difference between Al Qaeda and Al Qaeda in Iraq.

PEP
07-19-2008, 05:36 PM
So those tapes you just cited were fakes?

I do know that Bin Laden probably loves the fact that Americans can't tell the difference between Al Qaeda and Al Qaeda in Iraq.

Did I cite a date of when he bit the dust? Osama was on videotape back then referring to current events, since then he hasnt appeared on any video, only audio and most of the time it is distorted and not good quality. The couple of times a video did come out it was old video, you cant tell me that Al Qaeda cant scrounge a sony camcorder and shoot a couple of min of Osama telling America to F off.

He probably bit the dust sometime after 2006.

boutons_
07-19-2008, 06:03 PM
Coming Soon; The Non-US Citizen Vote For Obama (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/rob-kall/coming-soon-the-non-us-ci_b_113728.html)

When Obama hits foreign shores, some of the billions of people who wish they could vote in the November US elections will come as close as they can get to getting their wish.

The McCain team, after goading Obama on to go overseas must now be kicking themselves to high heaven.

They finally figured out that when Obama goes to Europe, he will be greeted by tens of thousands, perhaps hundreds of thousands of people who wish they could be voting for him -- as a gesture repudiating Bush and his policies.

The images of those huge masses of people will be very powerful, showing independent voters what they'll be able to look forward to -- a president the world will love, a president they will be able to proud to have representing them.

If Obama's team is as smart as they have demonstrated themselves to be in the past, they will stop down in England, France, Germany, giving advance notice where he goes so the crowds can form. Yes, there will be security risks. That's part of the work nations have to do when very important people visit them. In each of those countries, it is very likely that tens of thousands, maybe hundreds of thousands will gather to greet him. The participation in those crowds is the best shot the natives of those countries will have to cast a vote, or at least help Obama.

There will be risks. If significant groups of Muslims show up at the rallies, clad in burkas or other mideastern attire, you can be sure that Fox News and the McCain team will find them and use them as evidence that Obama is a Muslim supported by terrorists. The best way that Muslims can support Obama is to go to the Obama rallies dressed in western clothing or to stay home.

Israel will be an interesting case. Will right wingers demonstrate against Obama? Will the Bush-friendly Israeli leadership prevent large crowds from gathering to show support for Obama? Israel is probably his riskiest stop. Will settlers from the west bank join together to protest Obama, giving him a blackeye with American Jews?

Iraq could be another trap. There's no way to see what's really going on there. The army runs the show and tell. I'm sure, that while Obama will meet with the Bush appointed military leaders, he'll also meet with leaders and people he sources on his own, who don't sell the Bush-McCain Surge-Pollyana line that all is wonderful. The smart thing to do is to finesse McCain, but going to the power players that McCain never went to because he just followed Bush's and Cheney's footprints. If he shows more creativity and connectivity in his Iraq, Iran and Afghan connections, he could come out way ahead.

Of course, even if he does, McCain's people will spin anything he does as weak, incompetent, friendly to the enemy and evidence of inexperience. That's the best they have -- nasty spin.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/rob-kall/coming-soon-the-non-us-ci_b_113728.html?view=print

ChumpDumper
07-19-2008, 06:05 PM
Did I cite a date of when he bit the dust? Osama was on videotape back then referring to current events, since then he hasnt appeared on any video, only audio and most of the time it is distorted and not good quality. The couple of times a video did come out it was old video, you cant tell me that Al Qaeda cant scrounge a sony camcorder and shoot a couple of min of Osama telling America to F off.

He probably bit the dust sometime after 2006.So we won.

Huzzah.

ElNono
07-19-2008, 08:07 PM

He probably bit the dust sometime after 2006.

So, we didn't catch him, and we don't know what happened to him. Is this the same intelligence that took us to war in Iraq?

PEP
07-19-2008, 08:29 PM
So we won.

Huzzah.

Do you consider that a good thing? And I'm not being sarcastic, I dont know if you're like boutons or nfldan.

PEP
07-19-2008, 08:29 PM
So, we didn't catch him, and we don't know what happened to him. Is this the same intelligence that took us to war in Iraq?

Does it matter as long as he's dead? I really dont care.

ChumpDumper
07-19-2008, 08:32 PM
Do you consider that a good thing? And I'm not being sarcastic, I dont know if you're like boutons or nfldan.I don't consider it a true thing.

Bush said he doesn't think about Bin Laden anymore, so why should I?

PEP
07-19-2008, 08:35 PM
I don't consider it a true thing.

Your not, youre supposed to go out there and spend your stimulus check like a good citizen.

PixelPusher
07-19-2008, 08:37 PM
I don't consider it a true thing.

Doesn't he?

President Bush wants to capture Osama Bin Laden before term ends (http://www.nydailynews.com/news/us_world/2008/06/14/2008-06-14_president_bush_wants_to_capture_osama_bi.html)

BY RICH SCHAPIRO
DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER

Sunday, June 15th 2008, 4:00 AM

President Bush has reportedly launched a final, last-ditch effort to capture terror lord Osama Bin Laden.

Defense and intelligence sources confirmed to the Sunday Times of London that a redoubled hunt was underway for the man who ordered the 9/11 attacks.

"If [Bush] can say he has killed Saddam Hussein and captured Bin Laden, he can claim to have left the world a safer place," an intelligence source told the paper.

Bush has enlisted the British special forces to aid in the effort to locate the Al Qaeda leader in the wild frontier region of Pakistan, The Times reported.

The multiforce hunt, which was sanctioned by the Pakistani government, involves the use of unmanned Predator and Reaper drones outfitted with Hellfire missiles that can be used to take out specific targets, the Times said.

"Bush is swinging for the fences in the hope of scoring a home run," an intelligence source said.

Tracking down Bin Laden has proved a futile and frustrating endeavor since U.S. forces poured into Afghanistan in the months after the attack on the World Trade Center and Pentagon.

Intelligence on his whereabouts remain sketchy, but experts believe Bin Laden to be hiding in the Bajaur tribal zone in northwest Pakistan.

A Pentagon source said Western forces are intent on uprooting Al Qaeda's network in Pakistan in the hope of forcing Bin Laden toward the Afghan border, where the brunt of the U.S. military is lying in wait. "They are prepping for a major battle," the source said.

ChumpDumper
07-19-2008, 08:40 PM
Yeah, I certainly see Bush's changing several policies to try to salvage his legacy.