-Joachim Hansen vs Kultar Gill

Other Matches:
-Yoshihiro Akiyama vs Katsuyori Shibata
-Mark Hunt vs Alistair Overeem
-Motoki Miyazawa vs. Kuniyoshi Hironaka

Previews
http://www.mmascraps.com/2008/07/dream-5-preview.html
http://fiveouncesofpain.com/2008/07/17/dream5-watch-hdnet-fights-preview-here/

Kid Yamamoto hurt and off the card…damnit!!
http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2008/7/18/574096/norifumi-kid-yamamoto-out

dallaskd
07-18-2008, 03:04 PM
Uno > Tights

Evan
07-18-2008, 03:22 PM
Uno > Tights

:lol

dallaskd
07-20-2008, 12:53 AM
no but it really should be good. im rooting for Alvarez to pull it out. Hopefully Uno can beat up tights a little for Eddie. Gotta get pass Kawajiri first. sure wish JZ was still in there though.

Hansen and Akiyama will win their bouts. Hunt-Overeem should be good. glad to see hunt back.

Evan
07-20-2008, 02:10 PM
I was going to go to sleep at 8 tonight and wake up at 4am and watch it but I screwed myself. I took a shower at 7am this morning, laid back down to relax for half an hour before I ran some errands and woke up at 1pm.

oh well.

Evan
07-20-2008, 10:03 PM
I was going to go to sleep at 8 tonight and wake up at 4am and watch it but I screwed myself. I took a shower at 7am this morning, laid back down to relax for half an hour before I ran some errands and woke up at 1pm.

oh well.

Yeah I'm screwed...it's 10pm and I am wide awake. I'll probably make a pot-o-tea and stay up until 3am reading. Tomorrow will suck much.

dallaskd
07-20-2008, 10:07 PM
Yeah I'm screwed...it's 10pm and I am wide awake. I'll probably make a pot-o-tea and stay up until 3am reading. Tomorrow will suck much.

oh the life of a die hard mma fan. :lol
i pray i dont ever get as bad as Evan. i can only imagine how bad Leonard is, but i think he's got down the DVR pretty good. evan im going to buy you a tivo for christmas, because your probably broke from all those PPVs. :lol

Evan
07-20-2008, 10:12 PM
oh the life of a die hard mma fan. :lol
i pray i dont ever get as bad as Evan. i can only imagine how bad Leonard is, but i think he's got down the DVR pretty good. evan im going to buy you a tivo for christmas, because your probably broke from all those PPVs. :lol

hah...I have a DVR but I love watching events live.

I'm just going to catch DREAM later on this week though. When the NFL season starts MMA will be toned down a lot.

I actually like the NFL more than MMA but MMA is also a hobby since I love reading/discussing it so much. I find the lifestyle and rise of a new sport fascinating.

The NFL I just mainly watch it and move on.

But I am also letting my MMA mag subscriptions run out..

angelbelow
07-21-2008, 02:10 AM
wow really good fight card.. this is a good month for MMA fans.

LEONARD
07-21-2008, 09:23 AM
Good stuff this morning...all the fights are up at mma-core.com...

Alvarez vs Kawajiri was badass...

ATRAIN
07-21-2008, 03:00 PM
hah...I have a DVR but I love watching events live.

I'm just going to catch DREAM later on this week though. When the NFL season starts MMA will be toned down a lot.

I actually like the NFL more than MMA but MMA is also a hobby since I love reading/discussing it so much. I find the lifestyle and rise of a new sport fascinating.

The NFL I just mainly watch it and move on.

But I am also letting my MMA mag subscriptions run out..

and MMA is year round :)!!! Im just happy our MMA threads don't usually get hijacked by the idiots that run around in the NFL forum. The MMA threads are one of the few that are true discussions around here. Thanks guys!!

Evan
07-21-2008, 03:03 PM
:curtsie:

dallaskd
07-24-2008, 05:29 PM
just watched it and wow Alvarez-Kawajiri was awesome. almost as good as Hansen-Alvarez which was FOTY so far imo. wow and how about hansen?! the dude avoided the submissions and pounded Aoki. Im wondering how much the illegal kick hurt Aoki and his flexibility. And i change my opinion....Penn would crush Aoki. he could sprawl away and KO him on the feet. and plus Bj is so much physically stronger too.

dallaskd
07-24-2008, 05:30 PM
hunt was dissapointing. Overeem took it on less than a weeks notice. come on now...

Evan
07-24-2008, 08:03 PM
Just started DREAM and I have managed to avoid the results except for the Hansen results of course.

Stadium pretty empty...that sucks.

The covering on the ring floor has a ton of slack. Weird. That could really affect things.

Broadcast looks amazing. It gets better every show. Viva La Japanese MMA. I have read a lot of writers over the past few years that claim Japanese MMA is dying a steady death and that would be a tragedy.

Getting ready to see Aoki fight...I think I feel a hard on coming.

Evan
07-24-2008, 08:27 PM
Aoki is so one dimensional but he's great nonetheless.

dallaskd
07-28-2008, 07:36 PM
he could be so lethal if he developed a striking game.

Evan
07-28-2008, 07:48 PM
he could be so lethal if he developed a striking game.

Same with Mayhem...

dallaskd
07-28-2008, 11:49 PM
Same with Mayhem...

I think that's the main reason he lost to Jacare. he avoided his JJ, but couldnt do anything on the feet and would get taken down.