PDA

View Full Version : The Dark Knight

Pages : 1 [2] 3

CuckingFunt
07-23-2008, 03:47 PM
White guilt accomplishes nothing.

If Mexican's owned slaves( with a couple exceptions) to the extent of whites, there would never be such thing as Brown guilt. We're way too prideful.

White people, just because blacks can use the N word, doesn't give you the right to act self righteous about being offended for blacks using the N word. You can never be offended, you could never understand the grasp of that word.

If Black people want to use the N word, it's their right. They are owners of the word, and they may keep it around or sink it at the bottom of the sea.

N*gger does not equate to Honky, as far as vulgarity goes.

End thread.

oh... what the??? wrong thread!!!! LOLZ!!

Three times?

Ignignokt
07-23-2008, 03:47 PM
You're a fucking retarded.

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao Grammar has a grudge with you, that you need to settle before calling anyone retarded!!!!!! :lmao:lmao
Sorry pal, I spoke the troof.

Ignignokt
07-23-2008, 03:48 PM
Three times?

show me your tits.

peewee's lovechild
07-23-2008, 03:49 PM
Anyway, I hope Black Mask is the next villain.

stretch
07-23-2008, 03:51 PM
i hope ignigknot is the next villain

Ignignokt
07-23-2008, 03:53 PM
i hope its mr freeze. He doesn't need to be all supernatural. He could just be a man of technology who is an assasin and sends his victims back to their loved ones in a frozen cubed form......

nah nvm that sounds gay.

Ignignokt
07-23-2008, 03:53 PM
i hope ignigknot is the next villain

I hope to villify your mom's asshole tonite!!!

stretch
07-23-2008, 03:57 PM
I hope to villify your mom's asshole tonite!!!

i will punch you right in the face

Ignignokt
07-23-2008, 04:04 PM
i will punch you right in the face

Deal, only if you're mom thinks its a turn on. She's a beast i heard.

dirk4mvp
07-23-2008, 07:47 PM
How many times has evrybody seen it? I've seen it twice...thinking about going again tonight.

peewee's lovechild
07-23-2008, 09:04 PM
I'm going to watch it at least 10 times before it's all said and done.

florige
07-24-2008, 07:34 AM
How many times has evrybody seen it? I've seen it twice...thinking about going again tonight.

I'm def going to see it again before it leaves the theaters. Twice will most likely be my limit though. It will be after I see the X-Files though...

Mister Sinister
07-24-2008, 08:37 AM
I'll probably see it again tomorrow. :lmao Possibly more than once, since today is payday, and I have tomorrow off.

JoeChalupa
07-24-2008, 08:40 AM
No way I'd pay twice to see ANY movie at the theatre. They are already over priced as it is. I'll wait for the DVD.

dirk4mvp
07-24-2008, 10:46 AM
I saw it for the 3rd time last night. Just keeps getting better and better.

midgetonadonkey
07-24-2008, 11:05 AM
This will be the first blu-ray movie I purchase.

G-Nob
07-29-2008, 05:21 PM
I have to say one of the coolest parts of this movie is the scene where they transport Dent to county lockup. The opening scene showing the fire truck on fire to the end is, to me, the highlight of the film.

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-29-2008, 06:07 PM
I could be wrong but it was never shown that Twoface was dead. The next movie could easily be him recuperating, then escaping, all the while Batman is 'on the run'.

G-Nob
07-29-2008, 06:42 PM
You'd assume the tribute to him Gordon spoke at(at the end of the movie) was his wake. I don't think Nolan would carry him over to the third film. It'll be a fresh storyline.

angelbelow
07-29-2008, 09:53 PM
ive watched it twice, once at the theater and once at the IMAX. i highly recommend the IMAX.

alamo50
07-30-2008, 03:45 AM
I wasn´t expecting it to be this good.
I am still thinking about it since I got out of the theater Sunday.
Very impressive.

peewee's lovechild
07-30-2008, 08:59 AM
You'd assume the tribute to him Gordon spoke at(at the end of the movie) was his wake. I don't think Nolan would carry him over to the third film. It'll be a fresh storyline.

I'm thinking the same thing.

Two-Face's storyline is pretty much done, in my opinion.

I think, if Nolan should decide to do another movie, he'll go in a direction without Two Face.

The one thing that has been constant in both of Nolan's Batman films is the crime syndicate. Falcone had a big enough role in the first film and Maroni palyed an important enough role in the second.

I'm thinking Nolan's going to go the crime syndicate route again, but this time he might be using Black Mask. Roman Sionis (Black Mask) was actually born into an elite wealthy family but turned to crime when he lost his parents company to Burce Wayne.

I think that's the only plausible, realistic option for Nolan.

But, I could be wrong.

johnsmith
07-30-2008, 09:05 AM

I think, if Nolan should decide to do another movie, he'll go in a direction without Two Face.

The one thing that has been constant in both of Nolan's Batman films is the crime syndicate. Falcone had a big enough role in the first film and Maroni palyed an important enough role in the second.

I'm thinking Nolan's going to go the crime syndicate route again, but this time he might be using Black Mask. Roman Sionis (Black Mask) was actually born into an elite wealthy family but turned to crime when he lost his parents company to Burce Wayne.

But, I could be wrong.

I'm still assuming that Ledger isn't really dead and that this was an elaborate marketing scheme. So the third one will deal again with the Joker.

By the way, manumaniac, turns out I was right and you did indeed provide a spoiler. No wonder you were so sensative about it when I called you on it.

Moron.

Mister Sinister
07-30-2008, 09:30 AM

But, I could be wrong.
Read my mind on the Black Mask thing. The other reason I want to see him is because of War Games and No Man's Land, especially the former.

Amuseddaysleeper
07-30-2008, 09:36 AM
Didn't Aaron Eckhardt already say he'd be more than happy to return for a third film?

G-Nob
07-30-2008, 09:52 AM
Did anyone pick up the "cat" reference made by Lucious? When he was showing Wayne his new batsuit, Lucious said "it could help against cats."
Do you think the Nolans were setting the table for catwoman?

peewee's lovechild
07-30-2008, 09:55 AM
Did anyone pick up the "cat" reference made by Lucious? When he was showing Wayne his new batsuit, Lucious said "it could help against cats."

I don't think so.

I think that's just Nolan using slight of hand to confuse everyone.

I don't see Catwoman as being Nolan's type of storyline.

G-Nob
07-30-2008, 09:56 AM
Didn't Aaron Eckhardt already say he'd be more than happy to return for a third film?

I don't know, but honestly, I was so worn out on his character by the end of the film. He was such an instrumental influence on the story that this was his film just as much as it was Bale and Ledger's. If there is a 3rd film, I think Scarecrow would be the only carry over since he is the head doc of Arkham.

peewee's lovechild
07-30-2008, 10:05 AM
I don't know, but honestly, I was so worn out on his character by the end of the film. He was such an instrumental influence on the story that this was his film just as much as it was Bale and Ledger's. If there is a 3rd film, I think Scarecrow would be the only carry over since he is the head doc of Arkham.

Which character are you talking about?

And, Scarecrow is nothing in the Batman movies now.

G-Nob
07-30-2008, 10:10 AM
Which character are you talking about?

And, Scarecrow is nothing in the Batman movies now.

I was referring to Eckhart's character.

In the Detective Comics, Dr. Crane(aka Scarecrow) was always finnding ways of letting criminals out of Arkham. That's how all the bad guys kept coming back. That's why I mentioned Scarecrow might make another cameo.

peewee's lovechild
07-30-2008, 10:36 AM
I was referring to Eckhart's character.

In the Detective Comics, Dr. Crane(aka Scarecrow) was always finnding ways of letting criminals out of Arkham. That's how all the bad guys kept coming back. That's why I mentioned Scarecrow might make another cameo.

You're confusing a storyline in the comics that doesn't transfer to the continuing Batman storyline.

There's no way that Crane will be made into the head of Arkham now.

His character is done.

G-Nob
07-30-2008, 10:41 AM
You're confusing a storyline in the comics that doesn't transfer to the continuing Batman storyline.

There's no way that Crane will be made into the head of Arkham now.

His character is done.

Good lord, man. It was only a thought.
Why do you think he's in the second one? He just lurks. That's it.

Standing bet: If Crane doesn't make an appearance in the next film, if there is one, I'll buy you a six-pack of Shiner.

J.T.
07-30-2008, 10:43 AM

I posted the same thing in the other thread, but I also think they will use Catwoman because Bruce Wayne needs a new girlfriend.

I've paid to see TDK four times (three in regular theater, one in IMAX) and have probably seen it another 18 times via this near DVD-level quality bootleg I downloaded from the internet.

peewee's lovechild
07-30-2008, 10:49 AM

Standing bet: If Crane doesn't make an appearance in the next film, if there is one, I'll buy you a six-pack of Shiner.

He was in there because Nolan needed to marginalize his character.

If you noticed, Scarecrow was with his "crew" trying to help Batman fight crime. He had a couple of guys in Batman outfits trying to bring down those criminals until it all went wrong and Batman actually saved their asses.

Later on in the movie, they showed that those same guys were killed by the crime families.

But, you never know, you may be right.

I'll take you up on the bet, though.

ATRAIN
07-30-2008, 10:51 AM

Don't bet him, pee wee doesnt make good on his bets.

G-Nob
07-30-2008, 10:51 AM
I posted the same thing in the other thread, but I also think they will use Catwoman because Bruce Wayne needs a new girlfriend.

I've paid to see TDK four times (three in regular theater, one in IMAX) and have probably seen it another 18 times via this near DVD-level quality bootleg I downloaded from the internet.

Does the IMAX version leave anything out? I saw the IMAX version is not rated on yahoo movies and didn't know if it was tricked up more than the regular theater version.

J.T.
07-30-2008, 10:53 AM
Does the IMAX version leave anything out? I saw the IMAX version is not rated on yahoo movies and didn't know if it was tricked up more than the regular theater version.

I didn't notice anything left out of the IMAX. Definitely the way to see it though.

peewee's lovechild
07-30-2008, 10:53 AM
Don't bet him, pee wee doesnt make good on his bets.

Rat bastard, you still owe me $100.

G-Nob
07-30-2008, 10:57 AM

If you noticed, Scarecrow was with his "crew" trying to help Batman fight crime. He had a couple of guys in Batman outfits trying to bring down those criminals until it all went wrong and Batman actually saved their asses.

Um, I don't think the copy cats were with the Scarecrow. I think it was a drug deal he was meeting with when the copy cats showed up. Thats why one of the copy cats tried to grab the Scarecrow at the van and he turned around and sprayed his face with that stuff. After Batman crushed his van, he lined em all up for the cops.

stretch
07-30-2008, 11:00 AM

Actually, I belive those "batman" guys were a completely different party, considering one of them attacked Scarecrow, and he used that crazy inhalent shit on them.

stretch
07-30-2008, 11:01 AM
Um, I don't think the copy cats were with the Scarecrow. I think it was a drug deal he was meeting with when the copy cats showed up. Thats why one of the copy cats tried to grab the Scarecrow at the van and he turned around and sprayed his face with that stuff. After Batman crushed his van, he lined em all up for the cops.

ah you beat me to it, bastard :lol

peewee's lovechild
07-30-2008, 11:06 AM

Hmmmmmm, good point there.

J.T.
07-30-2008, 11:07 AM
Actually, I belive those "batman" guys were a completely different party, considering one of them attacked Scarecrow, and he used that crazy inhalent shit on them.

I'm not wearing hockey pads!

monosylab1k
07-30-2008, 11:11 AM
Hmmmmmm, good point there.

:lmao you've seen this movie like 15 times and you completely missed the entire point of that scene?

G-Nob
07-30-2008, 11:12 AM
I'm not wearing hockey pads!

You forgot to grunt.

ATRAIN
07-30-2008, 11:12 AM
Rat bastard, you still owe me $100.

Don't turn that shit around on me, its you that owes me 100!!:ihit

peewee's lovechild
07-30-2008, 11:14 AM
Don't turn that shit around on me, its you that owes me 100!!:ihit

Retard.

You betted me that the Texans would be in the playoffs last season.
It was for $100.

You lost.

You never paid up.

'Member?
You 'member.

peewee's lovechild
07-30-2008, 11:15 AM
:lmao you've seen this movie like 15 times and you completely missed the entire point of that scene?

I thought Scarecrow was using his stuff on the criminal dudes.

peewee's lovechild
07-30-2008, 11:33 AM
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080721061437AAGGkHb

There's a dude on there that says that Scarecrow was on the boat that had all the criminals.

Did any of you guys catch that?

I need to see this again.

G-Nob
07-30-2008, 11:38 AM

There's a dude on there that says that Scarecrow was on the boat that had all the criminals.

If he was, I think they would've focused in on him. Otherwise, it would be pointless.

stretch
07-30-2008, 11:39 AM
I thought Scarecrow was using his stuff on the criminal dudes.

no.

ATRAIN
07-30-2008, 11:47 AM

I wondered if Deebo was still serving hard time but then when I saw him on the boat I got my answer. He saved peoples lives.......FREE DEEBO!!!!

peewee's lovechild
07-30-2008, 11:54 AM
http://www.cinematical.com/2008/07/21/discuss-one-particular-dark-knight-villain/2

G-Nob
07-30-2008, 12:01 PM
I wondered if Deebo was still serving hard time but then when I saw him on the boat I got my answer. He saved peoples lives.......FREE DEEBO!!!!

Deebo stole the bike and they sent him to Gotham Pen.
Finishing up the Friday storyline in the Batman! GENIUS!!!

G-Nob
07-30-2008, 12:03 PM
http://www.cinematical.com/2008/07/21/discuss-one-particular-dark-knight-villain/2

Interesting angle. Although, I don't think Nolan had to give us a "Where Are They Now" piece on the Scarecrow. And I don't think anyone would've been disappointed had he not made a cameo.

Rappin' Shaq
07-30-2008, 12:47 PM
Batman ain't shit, he bout to get his ass kicked
By the Big Aristotle AKA The Big Cactus
Supeman bout to lay the law in this place
Yo Batman....tell me how my ass taste!

stretch
07-30-2008, 12:50 PM
Deebo stole the bike and they sent him to Gotham Pen.
Finishing up the Friday storyline in the Batman! GENIUS!!!

:tu

dallaskd
07-30-2008, 12:51 PM
Batman ain't shit, he bout to get his ass kicked
By the Big Aristotle AKA The Big Cactus
Supeman bout to lay the law in this place
Yo Batman....tell me how my ass taste!

poster of the year

Trainwreck2100
07-30-2008, 01:18 PM

The fake bats wher part of a group called Citizens 4 Batman and the guy the Joker killed was the leader

slayermin
08-01-2008, 01:12 AM
I was blown away. Incredible movie. I don't think it was perfect but damn close.

The only problem I had with the film was Christian Bale. I am a huge fan of his work but I thought his performance was lacking. With the tour de forces that Ledger and Eckhart brought to the table, Bale didn't match them, imo.

Ledger absolutely deserves a posthumous oscar. When he told Batman that he completed him, I flipped out. His performance was absolutely haunting. Watching him brought back memories of the first time I saw Michael Rooker in "Henry: Portrait of Serial Killer."

Nolan is a phenomenal filmmaker. You hand him a huge budget and you are going to get something special. If you haven't seen his film "The Following," I highly recommend it.

blizz
08-01-2008, 06:41 AM
just saw this movie yesterday and i gotta say...it fucking blows.........

every other movie i've seen this year away!!

Brutalis
08-01-2008, 06:59 AM
Finally saw it last night.

It was good... but not great. 3/5

They kept calling him "The Batman".. mmmmk. And the Bale dude that played Batman sucked. Other than that it was great. Don't understand why Heath got all fucked up over this part though.

blizz
08-01-2008, 07:06 AM
the ONLY thing i didn't like was the way he changed his voice in the batman role...BUT i understand why. the mangasm parts for me were:
- the jet flew over and snagged him and the chinese dude
- the motorcycle thing
- when the 18 wheeler flipped over
i don't understand the hate for maggie gyllenhaal....i thought she did so much better than katie holmes could EVER do....and while she's not as hot as katie once was...she's not all that bad...at all. my jaw dropped though when....you know.

TDMVPDPOY
08-01-2008, 08:39 AM
ima steal this thread

theres talk of a VENOM spinoff movie....the clown who played him in the spiderman3 movie will not be in it

G-Nob
08-01-2008, 11:09 AM
To me, this movie saved this summer. Its been kind of a weak summer for movies with the exception of Wall-E. Seriously, its felt more like an event than anything else.

When I first sat down I had so many mixed emotions. The excitement of a new batman movie, all the actors I admire, ledger's death along with leadger's perfomance. It was really hard to absorb everything. Then you get locked into the story. With all of these elements, its no surprise its making so much cash. Not even factoring in all the comic-con fanboys out there and their repeat business.

Mister Sinister
08-01-2008, 11:38 AM
ima steal this thread

theres talk of a VENOM spinoff movie....the clown who played him in the spiderman3 movie will not be in it
Yup. Avi Arad confirmed it in an interview last year. Shit, I'd have a better Venom than Topher Grace,

monosylab1k
08-01-2008, 12:54 PM
They kept calling him "The Batman".. mmmmk.

He's always been called "The Batman".

Trainwreck2100
08-01-2008, 01:00 PM
Yup. Avi Arad confirmed it in an interview last year. Shit, I'd have a better Venom than Topher Grace,

That Arad ahole is the reason venom was in Spider man3 in the first place. Fuck that guy

monosylab1k
08-01-2008, 01:02 PM
Topher Grace's portrayal of Venom has completely ruined the character for me. I can only think of epic lameness when I think of Venom now.

Trainwreck2100
08-01-2008, 01:06 PM
Topher Grace's portrayal of Venom has completely ruined the character for me. I can only think of epic lameness when I think of Venom now.

Did you ever see Spider Man the animated series. When he first fights venom, he rips open a AC unit. And tells Spider Man "We're your biggest fan" then he throws a fan blade at him. That shit was gold. Topher Grace was a pussy

Mister Sinister
08-01-2008, 04:04 PM
Did you ever see Spider Man the animated series. When he first fights venom, he rips open a AC unit. And tells Spider Man "We're your biggest fan" then he throws a fan blade at him. That shit was gold. Topher Grace was a pussy
To this day, every time I watch that episode, I still get nerd goosebumps when I hear "From now on, we're *POISON* to you, Spider-Man! That's why we call ourselves...VENOM!"

spurs_fan_in_exile
08-01-2008, 04:09 PM

Fuck yeah. Then he strings his ass up like a marionette and hangs him over the side of the building.

And then in part 2 Spidey lures him to where they launch space shuttles out of Manhattan. Never quite understood that part.

Trainwreck2100
08-01-2008, 04:13 PM
or when he fucks up spideys webbing. "Look streamers now it is a party"

E20
08-01-2008, 05:27 PM
Fuck yeah. Then he strings his ass up like a marionette and hangs him over the side of the building.

And then in part 2 Spidey lures him to where they launch space shuttles out of Manhattan. Never quite understood that part.

The symbiote came attached to a space shuttle according to the animated series, Spider Man wanted to make sure there was no left over symbiote residue and if there was it would attach to venom.

Geez, everything major has to happen in America regarding extraterristial objects. [/Kill Bill

Brutalis
08-02-2008, 04:15 PM
OH I forgot to add. Whoever the actress was that played Harvey's girl. She fucking sucked. Ugly. Goofy looking. Just looked out of place playing that role. That was another minus for me.

Brutalis
08-02-2008, 04:16 PM
He's always been called "The Batman".

Okay. I wanna be called "The Brutalis."

Mister Sinister
08-03-2008, 02:26 AM
The symbiote came attached to a space shuttle according to the animated series, Spider Man wanted to make sure there was no left over symbiote residue and if there was it would attach to venom.
Which was actually a pretty damn good alternative to the Secret Wars, I thought.

J.T.
08-03-2008, 02:50 AM
- when the 18 wheeler flipped over

Mangasming over that is cool until you realize the choreography of that scene was done 20+ years ago in a little known movie that nobody saw called Star Wars Episode V The Empire Strikes Back.

J.T.
08-03-2008, 02:58 AM
Oh and if Eric Forman had died before Spider Man 3 came, you bet mono would be on here talking about how he should be receiving every award possible for his lights out portrayal of Venom.

Beasters
08-03-2008, 12:49 PM
I've seen the movie twice now. Obviously it was better the first time when I was blown away by how good this movie actually was.

Yea and I don't know why people are hating on Maggie Gyllenhaal. She really didn't do bad at all...

Ronaldo McDonald
08-03-2008, 01:12 PM
I rewatched Batman Begins the other day. Personally, I think it's a better movie.

Booharv
08-03-2008, 02:50 PM
Mangasming over that is cool until you realize the choreography of that scene was done 20+ years ago in a little known movie that nobody saw called Star Wars Episode V The Empire Strikes Back.

Right, because it's cool to know the history of action scenes and who did what stunt first. Actually the scene was cool period regardless of whether its been done before.

Mister Sinister
08-03-2008, 03:26 PM
Oh and if Eric Forman had died before Spider Man 3 came, you bet mono would be on here talking about how he should be receiving every award possible for his lights out portrayal of Venom.
I dunno about that. Like I say, *I* would have made a better Venom than Forman. Also, Jim Carrey for Carnage.

J.T.
08-03-2008, 05:06 PM
I dunno about that. Like I say, *I* would have made a better Venom than Forman. Also, Jim Carrey for Carnage.

Please. No one is coming close to topping that performance, just like no one is ever going to beat Caesar Romero's portrayal of The Joker. Not even Heath Ledger.

The Joker
08-04-2008, 10:24 AM
This thread must stay at the top of the Club or people will die!

G-Nob
08-04-2008, 10:27 AM

I'm a man of my word.

spurs_fan_in_exile
08-04-2008, 11:24 AM
Saw it again yesterday. Ledger's performance holds up to a second viewing, though the rest of the movie seems to lose a little something.

Mister Sinister
08-05-2008, 11:17 AM
Please. No one is coming close to topping that performance, just like no one is ever going to beat Caesar Romero's portrayal of The Joker. Not even Heath Ledger.
Hank Azaria was a better Venom. Also, when people ask me who my favorite Joker is, I like to say Mark Hamill.

florige
08-05-2008, 01:11 PM
Finally saw it last night.

It was good... but not great. 3/5

They kept calling him "The Batman".. mmmmk. And the Bale dude that played Batman sucked. Other than that it was great. Don't understand why Heath got all fucked up over this part though.

I don't think playing this part had anything to with his demise...:lol

T Park
08-05-2008, 01:35 PM
Saw it again yesterday. Ledger's performance holds up to a second viewing, though the rest of the movie seems to lose a little something.

Yeah I still can't get over how awesome Ledger's performance was.

angel_luv
08-05-2008, 01:50 PM
I am going to go see the movie tonight at the IMAX. :)

E20
08-06-2008, 12:03 AM
Whoever said Ceaser Romero played the best joker. :rollseye

Ceaser Romero wouldn't shave his mustache when he was the joker, let alone be the best joker. Shows how much in character he tried to get in. Also, he played a pussfied joker. That whole 60's batman show sucked major balls.

T Park
08-06-2008, 12:08 AM

Ceaser Romero wouldn't shave his mustache when he was the joker, let alone be the best joker. Shows how much in character he tried to get in. Also, he played a pussfied joker. That whole 60's batman show sucked major balls.

sucked major balls?

Wow thats a high level education comment showing there.

E20
08-06-2008, 12:15 AM
Sure is. That's why I'm smarter than you.

Ignignokt
08-06-2008, 12:17 AM

seconded!

J.T.
08-06-2008, 01:33 AM

Way to get trolled. Why so serious, bitch?

J.T.
08-06-2008, 01:35 AM
Hank Azaria was a better Venom. Also, when people ask me who my favorite Joker is, I like to say Mark Hamill.

Ah, Mark Hamill. No doubting he is the one true voice of the Joker. But when I think of Mark Hamill, I always think back to that line in the Family Guy Star Wars spoof where Peter is Han Solo and says "I'm the only actor who's career isn't destroyed by this movie!" Subtle punch in the gut to Hamill there.

PM5K
08-06-2008, 02:03 AM

E20
08-06-2008, 02:15 AM
Wow, I got trolled pretty bad. :lol

Mister Sinister
08-06-2008, 04:27 AM
Ah, Mark Hamill. No doubting he is the one true voice of the Joker. But when I think of Mark Hamill, I always think back to that line in the Family Guy Star Wars spoof where Peter is Han Solo and says "I'm the only actor who's career isn't destroyed by this movie!" Subtle punch in the gut to Hamill there.
Don't forget, he was the Hobgoblin as well.

florige
08-06-2008, 08:11 AM

:lol Geez I can only imagine how the Joker would look with a stache....lol

stretch
08-06-2008, 08:11 AM

:lol pork... i mean park got owned again. at the same time, it happens so often, i shouldnt be suprized.

:sleep:sleep:sleep:sleep:sleep

supersoad1
08-06-2008, 06:55 PM
Wow i've seen this movie 4 times and im still wanting some more! I really want to see it in imax but its so expensive! Then again, i just saw the movie 4 times hahaha. Anyone else think Maggie Gyllenhall sucked as Rachel ? She was so ...boring.

1Parker1
08-06-2008, 08:58 PM
Ok I just finally saw the movie and.....ehhhh It was ok. I am definitely in the minority on this I'm sure. It was a good movie, but not like super great as everyone thought. Though Heath Ledger did a great job as a joker. As did Aaron Eckart as Two-Face.

monosylab1k
08-06-2008, 09:16 PM
Wow i've seen this movie 4 times and im still wanting some more! I really want to see it in imax but its so expensive! Then again, i just saw the movie 4 times hahaha. Anyone else think Maggie Gyllenhall sucked as Rachel ? She was so ...boring.

yeah it's not often you can say "Katie Holmes did that role so much better" especially when Katie Holmes didn't even do all that great in the first place.

1Parker1
08-06-2008, 09:24 PM
yeah it's not often you can say "Katie Holmes did that role so much better" especially when Katie Holmes didn't even do all that great in the first place.

:lol Ehhh, she didn't really have a big role or too many scenes I thought so it was ok. Definitely think they could have picked someone prettier to play her.

Trainwreck2100
08-06-2008, 11:14 PM

If they were gonna blow the bitch up, they should have just kept holmes

florige
08-07-2008, 08:56 AM
Ok I just finally saw the movie and.....ehhhh It was ok. I am definitely in the minority on this I'm sure. It was a good movie, but not like super great as everyone thought. Though Heath Ledger did a great job as a joker. As did Aaron Eckart as Two-Face.

Yeah Eckart did a great job as Harvey Dent/Two Face.

Ronaldo McDonald
08-07-2008, 05:15 PM
This will go down as the most overrated movie of all time.

Ronaldo McDonald
08-07-2008, 05:18 PM
Cape Fear, which is I'm watching right now, is a better movie IMO.

Gunnery Sgt Hartman
08-07-2008, 06:22 PM
Private Peewee, if you see this fucking movie one more time, then you had best square your ass away and start shitting me Tiffany cufflinks or I will definitely fuck you up!!

slayermin
08-07-2008, 10:08 PM

Corvette Summer ruled.

http://image.streetrodderweb.com/f/driving-em/corvette-summer/7077890+w315+cr1+re0+ar1/corvette-summer-car.jpg

balli
08-08-2008, 01:28 AM
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=93380791

NPR.org, August 7, 2008 · Are some stage and screen projects cursed?

Lately the question has come up around the new Batman movie. Several observers point out — in the London Telegraph, on the Gawker Web site and other places — that The Dark Knight seems blighted.

Evidence: Star-on-the-rise Heath Ledger, who portrays The Joker, died of an overdose of prescription drugs in January. Christian Bale, who plays Batman, was arrested on assault charges after a dust-up with his mother and sister around the time of the film's premiere in London.

And there's more. This week, Morgan Freeman, who plays Bruce Wayne's friend Lucius Fox, was seriously injured in an accident in Mississippi. A special effects technician was killed in a truck accident in September. There were also weirdnesses on the set, according to the Internet Movie Database, including a mysterious fire and a planned explosion that frightened unknowing Londoners.

Other Cinema Curses

Gawker reminds us of the troubles surrounding the three-part Poltergeist series, which began with the 1982 Steven Spielberg blockbuster. Several cast members died — including 12-year-old Heather O'Rourke in 1988 and 22-year-old Dominique Dunne in 1982 — while the sequels were being produced. There were rumors of a real exorcism during one of the filmings and spooky shenanigans on the sets.

Through the years there have been other supposedly cursed films, including Rebel Without a Cause, The Exorcist and The Crow.

The 'Macbeth' Hex

Superstition surrounding stagecraft stretches back before Hollywood. Perhaps the most famous is the curse of Macbeth. For centuries, productions of the play have brought toil and trouble to those involved.

In fact, many thespians won't even say the name, referring to it only as "the Scottish play."

The stigma may stem from the fact that Shakespeare purportedly used real witch incantations in his script and real witches, in turn, put a spell on the play. The Straight Dope Web site lifts the curse up to scrutiny. Some incidents:

• In 1672, the actor portraying Macbeth thrust a real dagger into the actor playing Duncan. And killed him.

• In 1942, during a production starring Sir John Gielgud, two actresses who played witches and the actor playing Duncan died, and the set designer committed suicide.

• In 2001, while the Cambridge Shakespeare Company was staging the play, Lady Macbeth hurt her head, Macduff hurt his back, another actor broke a toe and a pair of cedar trees representing Birnam Wood crashed down on the set.

Back to the jinx on Batman. On the upside, The Dark Knight set a record for the largest opening-day box-office gross — $66.4 million. But still, Michael Caine — who has played in Hamlet and both the Christian Bale Batman movies — might think twice before signing up to play the Thane of Cawdor.

PM5K
08-08-2008, 01:50 AM
So I was reading a few things and I got to thinking:

Superman Returns was an OK movie, not as Good as BB or TDK (Both DC guys)...

I wonder how a Superman movie with Christian Bale and Chris Nolan would turn out?

balli
08-08-2008, 02:07 AM
So I was reading a few things and I got to thinking:

Superman Returns was an OK movie, not as Good as BB or TDK (Both DC guys)...

I wonder how a Superman movie with Christian Bale and Chris Nolan would turn out?

I am to this very hour more pissed about Superman Returns than any other movie that's come out in the past decade. It was the biggest piece of shit, with the most the unfulfilled potential for awesomeness, to ever come out of the comic genre IMO. An outright embarrasment and shame on every level imaginable.

But I like your Bale idea, (not so big on Nolan, but that's okay) because basically, a good Superman movie is what I wanted and still want to see more than any other. The studio should just do like The Incredible Hulk and shoot another Superman as if the one that came out a couple years back never even existed.

PM5K
08-08-2008, 03:32 AM
I am to this very hour more pissed about Superman Returns than any other movie that's come out in the past decade. It was the biggest piece of shit, with the most the unfulfilled potential for awesomeness, to ever come out of the comic genre IMO. An outright embarrasment and shame on every level imaginable.

But I like your Bale idea, (not so big on Nolan, but that's okay) because basically, a good Superman movie is what I wanted and still want to see more than any other. The studio should just do like The Incredible Hulk and shoot another Superman as if the one that came out a couple years back never even existed.

Have you seen any other Chris Nolan movies? His brother is a pretty good writer as well and was on TDK, Prestige, and Memento...

balli
08-08-2008, 04:43 AM
Have you seen any other Chris Nolan movies? His brother is a pretty good writer as well and was on TDK, Prestige, and Memento...

I've seen Memento... Pretty good. To be honest, I'm not down with his work on BB and Dark Night. Any good, smart director could have created the same modern, dark and serious movies, only probably, they would've also known how to shoot an action scene.

TDMVPDPOY
08-08-2008, 05:29 AM
i think a spiderman v venom v carnage will be the best movie ever made if its done properly...

manufor3
08-08-2008, 09:32 AM
The Dark Knight rocked

Mister Sinister
08-08-2008, 11:09 AM
i think a spiderman v venom v carnage will be the best movie ever made if its done properly...
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/e/e8/MaximumcarnageSNES_boxart.jpg

Angry VG Nerd
08-08-2008, 11:57 AM

That game puked fucking snot up my ass. What a piece of shit.

JMarkJohns
08-11-2008, 12:27 AM
Any rumblings as to who(m) the next villain(s) may be?

Black Mask seems a popular option, and I know Oldman hinted at Riddler...

Just wondering.

GuerillaBlack
08-12-2008, 07:52 PM
Word.

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b284/cool1337/riddler.jpg

I found this online. Would make for a great movie poster (just lose the Dark Knight credits ;)).

JMarkJohns
08-12-2008, 11:26 PM
Interesting. Oldman was dropping hints in a few interviews. I was hoping Black Mask would enter the picture soon...

Mister Sinister
08-13-2008, 12:33 AM
Interesting. Oldman was dropping hints in a few interviews. I was hoping Black Mask would enter the picture soon...
Tommy Lister's prisoner character has Black Mask-looking tattoos.

T Park
08-13-2008, 02:48 AM
Supposedly Johnny Depp is in negotiations to be the Riddler and Phillip Seymore Hoffman to be The Penguin.

Trainwreck2100
08-13-2008, 02:57 AM
I doubt they've decided on the next bad guy yet, it took them forever to cast the Joker.

GuerillaBlack
08-13-2008, 08:30 AM
I doubt they've decided on the next bad guy yet, it took them forever to cast the Joker.

Joker was decided as the next bad guy with Batman Begins, but didn't they cast Heath Ledger in 2006? That isn't too long after BB was released.

GuerillaBlack
08-15-2008, 03:08 PM
Riddler basically confirmed as next main villain:

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s228/cheathamstl/dkr.jpg

T Park
12-13-2008, 01:50 AM
How real is that poster, and I got the DVD today and watched again, someone hinted at at the end of the movie, they put an eye twords the next movie or villain, ala Batman Begins. Rewatched and didn't see that.

Did they remove alot for Blu-Ray and DVD?

BTW I can't find any deleted scenes or anything, which is beyond bogus right now...

T Park
12-13-2008, 01:52 AM
BTW, if that poster IS real, then you notice who writes the story about Harvey Dent, is Vicki Vale.

Don't know if she came from the comics, but I do believe she was the love intrest in the very first Batman movie...

ClingingMars
12-13-2008, 02:03 AM
How real is that poster, and I got the DVD today and watched again, someone hinted at at the end of the movie, they put an eye twords the next movie or villain, ala Batman Begins. Rewatched and didn't see that.

Did they remove alot for Blu-Ray and DVD?

BTW I can't find any deleted scenes or anything, which is beyond bogus right now...

http://digg.com/movies/The_Dark_Knight_Returns_Fan_Created_Poster_PIC

not real.

-Mars

Cant_Be_Faded
12-13-2008, 06:00 AM
Gwarofl

What a horrible horrible money sucker upper.

Cant_Be_Faded
12-13-2008, 06:04 AM

I played this game repeatedly back in 1994, i then bought it on SNES, became intrigued by this "Green Jello" band that was behind the Maximum Carnage Soundtrack, bought their cassette 333 (1st rock cassette I ever bought), and basically from there I became the metal-head, low life, degenerate listening son of mammon I am today.

Green Jello's 333 made me who I am. And I still have that album on my mp3 player to this day.

I'll never forget when I took the plastic wrap off the cassette as my mother drove us home, I read the liner notes, became intrigued by a band that had a mythology behind it (Green Jelly was heavily influenced by Gwar..), popped it in my jam box, was insanely dissapointed 9 seconds into the first track, then a shot of adrenaline changed my life forever about 12 seconds into Carnage Rules. About at the time when Moronic Dictator shouts, "CARRRRRRRRNAAAAAAAAGE RUUUUUUUUULLLLLLLLLLLESSSSSSSSS!!!"

I still want to kick my own ass for not seeing them on their reunion tour a few months ago.

I think by the time I bought this cartridge at Toys R Us (which is now a Buffalo Wild Wings...) it cost 20 bucks, which was insanely INSAAAAANELY cheap for an SNES game, especially considering it was still relatively new. I used birthday money to buy Maximum Carnage and another game, both of which were on clearance for the holidays. I can't remember what hte other game I bought was, but together the cost was less than 50 bones. My Grandma almost kicked my ass for spending all the birthday money on two video games. Those were the fucking days.

Cant_Be_Faded
12-13-2008, 06:19 AM
I just looked through my SNES collection, the other game I bought was either Uniracers or Virtual Bart. ROFL.

ClingingMars
12-13-2008, 04:24 PM
the special features on the 2 disk DVD are pretty sick.

-Mars

Anti.Hero
12-13-2008, 05:04 PM
Was there ever a deleted Captain America scene on the new Hulk DVD release?

Fpoonsie
12-13-2008, 05:59 PM
Was there ever a deleted Captain America scene on the new Hulk DVD release?

There's a Captain America "cameo" in the alt opening of Hulk. It's on youtube and there's a few screenshots on random websites.

balli
12-13-2008, 06:09 PM
When TDK first came out I was like: meh- not good, but not too bad.

Upon watching 2/3's of it again, I have to say this. TDK is up there as one of the most over-rated, dumb, incoherent, boring piece of shit, two and half hour films I've ever seen in my entire life. A heaping pile of steaming rodent shit that I could care less if I never see another sequel to. Fuck that movie right in the ear hole.

ChumpDumper
12-13-2008, 06:27 PM
I liked it. The Joker is going to be a difficult act to follow, but Bale might be able to carry the next movie as the "bad" guy.

BlackSwordsMan
12-13-2008, 07:09 PM
bale and his retarded deep voice is annoying

ChumpDumper
12-13-2008, 07:17 PM
It makes me laugh because it reminds me of Bill Pullman in Independence Day.

T Park
12-13-2008, 11:28 PM
Thats how the voice of Batman is supposed to be.

balli
12-13-2008, 11:35 PM
Thats how the voice of Batman is supposed to be.
This is.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kevin_Conroy
1cm6Rw_US5E
Bale had way too much husk, but none of the infliction.

lefty
12-13-2008, 11:36 PM
There's a Captain America "cameo" in the alt opening of Hulk. It's on youtube and there's a few screenshots on random websites.

aSzhxllE0RM

CuckingFunt
12-13-2008, 11:42 PM
I think Bale's Batman voice is more than a little over-the-top.

That being said, it's easily the largest complaint I have about Bale's performance or the new incarnation of the series in general. The Burton films are still my favorite, by far, but I've really enjoyed Batman Begins and The Dark Knight.

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
12-15-2008, 05:23 PM
Decent flick that went on and on and on.....

BlackSwordsMan
12-15-2008, 05:55 PM
This is.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kevin_Conroy
1cm6Rw_US5E
Bale had way too much husk, but none of the infliction.

I AM BAT MAN.

Bale: grrI am grrrrrrr baggggggggHHHHtman

dickface
12-18-2008, 12:57 PM
blu-ray version is just nuts.

Awesome

The Dark Knight is doing for blu-ray what The Matrix did for DVD way back when.

monosylab1k
12-19-2008, 01:47 AM
To end a previous debate, Christopher Nolan confirmed tonight in his chat that Harvey Dent is dead.

T Park
12-19-2008, 02:00 AM
To end a previous debate, Christopher Nolan confirmed tonight in his chat that Harvey Dent is dead.

Bogus.

Booo Nolan...

florige
12-19-2008, 08:54 AM
The Dark Knight is doing for blu-ray what The Matrix did for DVD way back when.

Are you surprised? With all the records that movie shattered I'm really shocked that it didn't break records in DVD sales as well.

ATRAIN
12-19-2008, 08:59 AM

BUT the question is is two face still alive?

cool hand
12-19-2008, 09:01 AM
^because everyone has run out of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

T Park
12-19-2008, 09:43 AM
^because everyone has run out of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Go to the RIM tonight and you show me that no one has any money.

I was out there with a friend last night and her kids and the Rim was a bitch to get into.

Stuff the propoganda somewhere else.

monosylab1k
12-19-2008, 09:44 AM
BUT the question is is two face still alive?

yes. harvey dent/two-face is dead, as confirmed by christopher nolan.

T Park
12-19-2008, 09:48 AM
Did anyone ask a follow up to as why he killed off Harvey Dent and didn't follow the Two Face saga?

ATRAIN
12-19-2008, 09:49 AM
yes. harvey dent/two-face is dead, as confirmed by christopher nolan.

Did he just say Harvey Dent or did he say Harvey Dent and Two Faced is dead. I can see him saying just Dent is dead because what he stood for was killed by the Joker. If so I am glad I think we got everything we needed to get out of Two Face, I never liked that character anyways. So whats next Riddler or Penguin?

Mister Sinister
12-19-2008, 11:55 AM
I am Vengeance...I am the Night...I, AM, BATMAN!

BlackSwordsMan
01-19-2011, 12:45 PM
http://herocomplex.latimes.com/2011/01/19/anne-hathaway-will-be-catwoman-in-the-dark-knight-rises/

redzero
01-19-2011, 12:56 PM
http://herocomplex.latimes.com/2011/01/19/anne-hathaway-will-be-catwoman-in-the-dark-knight-rises/

Might as well throw Leonardo Dicaprio and Joseph Gordon Levitt in there and we can have ourselves a crossover.

MannyIsGod
01-19-2011, 01:06 PM
I like Tom Hardy. This will certainly get Cucking Funt's approval. I also like the Bane direction. Someone you haven't seen in any of the Batman movies so far.

bostonguy
01-19-2011, 01:08 PM
I loved the scene soon after the magic trick between Gambol and Joker.

Gambol: You think you can just steal from us and walk away.

Joker: Yeah.

monosylab1k
01-19-2011, 01:17 PM
I like Tom Hardy. This will certainly get Cucking Funt's approval. I also like the Bane direction. Someone you haven't seen in any of the Batman movies so far.

Actually Bane was in Batman & Robin. Not that I'm happy to remember it.

MannyIsGod
01-19-2011, 01:30 PM
That movie doesn't exsist in my mind.

redzero
01-19-2011, 01:31 PM
I actually can't think about Bane without thinking of that green thing from Batman & Robin. Goddammit.

How will Nolan salvage Bane?

lefty
01-19-2011, 01:36 PM
I knew Bane would be in it !!!!

It makes sense, 3rd opus of a trilogy.

So we all know how it's going to end

No Bat Mite, though :pctoss

redzero
01-19-2011, 01:40 PM
Lefty, I can't wait for your in depth analysis of The Dark Knight Rises. :tu

lefty
01-19-2011, 01:42 PM
Lefty, I can't wait for your in depth analysis of The Dark Knight Rises. :tu
Already >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Inception

Death In June
01-19-2011, 01:53 PM
Bane's a somewhat disappointing choice. He doesn't offer much as a villain outside of brute strength. I thought they'd go with an unknown, like Hugo Strange or someone from the suicide squad. But I'm sure Nolan will make it interesting.

redzero
01-19-2011, 01:55 PM
Bane's a somewhat disappointing choice. He doesn't offer much as a villain outside of brute strength. I thought they'd go with an unknown, like Hugo Strange or someone from the suicide squad. But I'm sure Nolan will do something cool with it.

I haven't actually read the comics much, but Bane was allegedly a lot smarter when he was initially introduced.

lefty
01-19-2011, 02:07 PM
I haven't actually read the comics much, but Bane was allegedly a lot smarter when he was initially introduced.
Yep

Plus, his presence doesnt rule out the possibility of having Hugo Strange

Mister Sinister
01-19-2011, 02:32 PM
Very yes. IIRC, he deduced Batman = Bruce simply by photographic memory, and nothing else. Also, FUCK. YES. There is no image macro for how I am feeling.

Mark in Austin
01-19-2011, 02:33 PM
I guess I was hoping Hardy was going to play Hugo Strange. He has the build to really imitate Bale's Batman and the acting chops to do so. Bane was a pretty one-note character in the comics, although it's been years since I read them so I could be wrong.

It will be interesting to see how Bane is integrated into the story - seems like a bit of a stretch at first glance.

If they were going to pull any aspects of the Knightfall storyline I would have thought Hardy would have made a good Azreal.

JoeChalupa
01-19-2011, 02:51 PM
I'll be checking this one out.

Death In June
01-19-2011, 04:31 PM
I'm still hoping they throw deadshot in there, going along with the whole 'being hunted down by the police' theme that was hinted at the end of the dark knight. I think it'd fit in with Nolans interpretation of the batman universe.
kPwG0Q4tr2o&feature=related

crc21209
01-19-2011, 04:38 PM
I'm not dissapointed by the choices. After all, people flipped out when Ledger was announced as the Joker, and look how that turned out. Can't wait to see the finished product...:tu

CuckingFunt
01-19-2011, 04:44 PM
This will certainly get Cucking Funt's approval.

Yeah, I think I came a li'l bit. Not gonna lie.

lefty
01-19-2011, 04:47 PM
There was a Victor Zsasz sighting in Batman Begins

Also, I wouldnt be surprised to see Scarecrow back, and Hugo Strange

BlackSwordsMan
01-19-2011, 06:00 PM
No one thinks rachel weisz was a better catwoman?

BlackSwordsMan
01-19-2011, 06:00 PM
would be*

IronMaxipad
01-19-2011, 06:45 PM
First stills from the set of Dark Knight Rises have surfaced:

http://i.imgur.com/RXjy1.jpg

http://i876.photobucket.com/albums/ab329/MacBenson/cathaway.png

BlackSwordsMan
01-19-2011, 06:51 PM
heads will roll

DPG21920
01-19-2011, 07:01 PM
Catwoman? What a terrible character. Nothing cool every came from Catwoman in a movie.

Very disappointing choice.

BlackSwordsMan
01-19-2011, 07:02 PM
Hows about you write a batman script

Fpoonsie
01-19-2011, 07:05 PM
Catwoman? What a terrible character. Nothing cool every came from Catwoman in a movie.

I think Catwoman could work with Nolan's tweaking.

Not liking the casting for her, though...unless Hathaway is forced to wear a see-through cat-suit the entire movie.

DPG21920
01-19-2011, 07:07 PM
Catwoman sucks. I am obviously looking forward to the movie and I think it will be great, but Catwoman is lame as hell.

I would rather see Blankman in there.

dirk4mvp
01-19-2011, 07:08 PM
you know what, you suck.

Fpoonsie
01-19-2011, 07:08 PM
Catwoman sucks. I am obviously looking forward to the movie and I think it will be great, but Catwoman is lame as hell.

I would rather see Blankman in there.

:rollin

DPG21920
01-19-2011, 07:09 PM
you know what, you suck.

Hey. Don't. Final warning.

dirk4mvp
01-19-2011, 07:10 PM
Hey. Don't. Final warning.

you have to be so high to issue final warnings, tbqh.

DPG21920
01-19-2011, 07:12 PM
Last warning?

DPG21920
01-19-2011, 07:13 PM
Catwoman? Really?

JayTheClown
01-19-2011, 07:13 PM
:lol:lol

DPG21920
01-19-2011, 07:15 PM
You realize how all the super fans in this thread didn't even mention Catcun :lol? It was all Bane. When the most recent news on a film everyone is looking forward to comes out and no one acknowledges your existence, you know that character sucks.

That is full proof logic.

dirk4mvp
01-19-2011, 07:17 PM
Last warning?

unlike yourself I actually have authoritative powers on this forum. Don't test me scro.

DPG21920
01-19-2011, 07:20 PM
Trig, you have been suited and booted in a forum with as much action as the MMA forum. Come see me in my arena: THE NBA FORUM.

Flex.

monosylab1k
01-19-2011, 07:27 PM
I agree that Catwoman is lame. I don't know if it's studio pressure to have a love interest in the movie or what, but I don't see the need. Imagine how much better TDK would have been if Maggie Dogface wasn't in it at all.

BlackSwordsMan
01-19-2011, 07:40 PM
Imagine how much better part 3 would be if heath didn't die

BlackSwordsMan
01-19-2011, 07:40 PM
Or DDL took over as batman

Zelophehad
01-19-2011, 07:42 PM
These choices sound mega-awful. Catwoman? Plus Tom Hardy is a good actor but he is like 5'7 while Bale is 6'2 and about as built as Hardy unless Hardy cycles some serious steroids between now and the time filming starts. The Dark Knight was so awesome I wouldn't be surprised if this was great though.

monosylab1k
01-19-2011, 07:57 PM
These choices sound mega-awful. Catwoman? Plus Tom Hardy is a good actor but he is like 5'7 while Bale is 6'2 and about as built as Hardy unless Hardy cycles some serious steroids between now and the time filming starts.

http://blog.randhobart.org.uk/wp-content/gallery/people/tom_hardy-bronson.jpg

Tom Hardy will be able to bulk up just fine.

Stringer_Bell
01-19-2011, 08:09 PM
I have no idea how Nolan can raise the end game to Dark Knight levels. Each movie the character needs to face more dangerous foes, and with Catslut and Bane I fear the Batman series will suffer from Karate Kid syndrome...

Karate Kid 1: Daniel fights bullies for his self-esteem, emotional security, and All Valley Championship.
Karate Kid 2: Daniel fights old Miyagi enemies for his life.
Karate Kid 3: Daniel fights 40 year old men stalking him because one of them had to file for Bankruptcy. (my personal favorite of the series, but whatever)

I'm keeping an open mind, but history doesn't lie about this shit. Be wary, my friends, be wary.

DPG21920
01-19-2011, 08:19 PM
http://blog.randhobart.org.uk/wp-content/gallery/people/tom_hardy-bronson.jpg

Tom Hardy will be able to bulk up just fine.

That is unbelievable.

The Reckoning
01-19-2011, 08:26 PM
as long as i get to see some hathaway titties im fine with it

Cant_Be_Faded
01-19-2011, 08:34 PM
I think it's funny how much people ridicule the 90's Batman series (especially Batman and Robin)....yet fucktons of people saw them and they made money.

Now theres no doubt in my entire mind these new Nolan Batman's suck total asshole, and they're making all this money.....wonder what the over/under is for number of years til most people come to my side of the argument and flat out say that The Dark Knight sucked copious cock and so will this new one.

The Reckoning
01-19-2011, 08:43 PM
honestly i liked batman begins alot better...but TDK is much more satisfying than recent blockbusters

Roddy Beaubois
01-19-2011, 08:59 PM
Bane's a somewhat disappointing choice. He doesn't offer much as a villain outside of brute strength. I thought they'd go with an unknown, like Hugo Strange or someone from the suicide squad. But I'm sure Nolan will make it interesting.

agreed, iah. I will still go see it, and don't completely doubt that Nolan can pull it off, but I am disappointed with the choices as of right now.

IronMaxipad
01-19-2011, 09:49 PM
http://i.imgur.com/RjZmU.jpg

Dr. Gonzo
01-19-2011, 10:02 PM
http://i.imgur.com/RjZmU.jpg

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h290/midgetonadonkey/hey-there-o.gif

Jacob1983
01-19-2011, 10:44 PM
I think Hardy will have a harder time playing Bane than Hathaway will have playing Catwoman. It will be interesting to see Hardy play a South American. Bane is from South America and has a noticeable accent. And people need to get over this Anne Hathaway hate. People act like she's hideous looking and a horrible actress. The gal was excellent in Rachel Getting Married and got an Oscar nomination for it. At the end of the day, most guys on here would still bang her if they had the chance.

redzero
01-19-2011, 11:31 PM
Taken from Wikipedia:

Bane is highly intelligent; in "Bane of the Demon", Ra's al Ghul says that Bane "has a mind equal to the greatest he has known."[7] In prison, he taught himself various scientific disciplines equal to the level of understanding of leading experts in those fields.[4] He knows six active languages and at least two additional arcane and dead ones, those mentioned are Spanish, English, Urdu, Persian, and Latin.[7] The "Bane of the Demon" storyline reveals that he has a photographic memory. Within one year, he is able to deduce Batman's secret identity.[7]
Although extremely dangerous at all times, Bane is perfectly sane and in control of his mind and actions—a trait that separates him from many of Batman's enemies. While he generally acts as a villain, Bane has worked alongside Batman at times and developed a great respect for the Dark Knight. He is also one of the few villains of Batman to have learned his true identity.
He is also highly devious and a superb strategist and tactician.[4] In prison, Bane also invented his own form of calisthenics, meditation, and a unique fighting style.[7] Usage of Venom enhances his physical abilities, including his strength, and healing process to superhuman levels.[5][32][33] Although Bane had sworn off using Venom in Vengeance of Bane II in 1995, and his character is actually written as having kept that promise to himself, it is still not uncommon for artists to draw Bane as still wearing the tube leading from his old wrist device to the back of his head. This is likely due to the illustrators only being familiar with that early version of Bane's visual appearance. Gail Simone recently explained these lapses in the continuity of Bane's appearance in the pages Secret Six where Deadshot remarked that Bane merely kept his old Venom equipment with him out of habit, even though he states that he would sooner die before using any of it again. Regardless, Bane is depicted as physically stronger than Batman with or without Venom.

He isn't one note. He isn't only muscle.

And Catwoman isn't much of a villain anymore, so that's probably why she hasn't been discussed much. It is obvious who the main villain will be, and it won't be Catwoman.

Cant_Be_Faded
01-19-2011, 11:35 PM
And people need to get over this Anne Hathaway hate. People act like she's hideous looking and a horrible actress. The gal was excellent in Rachel Getting Married and got an Oscar nomination for it. At the end of the day, most guys on here would still bang her if they had the chance.
I am pro Hathaway in general. But for the love of god, she rode a dude's cock for like 20 minutes in that movie right out of the gates, she's been getting mad press for her movies cuz of her sexuality for some time now. Her performance in that movie was mad overrated.
In taht respect, I guess it's appropriate to cast her in this role, but the thing that lacks is the ass-kicking factor. I don't think anyone will take her seriously in that respect in this role.

Just my two cents. Doesn't really matter anyways, no matter who they cast or what they do this movie will chug cock.

redzero
01-19-2011, 11:47 PM
Just my two cents. Doesn't really matter anyways, no matter who they cast or what they do this movie will chug cock.

Good, the Mookie Crew hating The Dark Knight Rises will guarantee that it is great.

lil'mo
01-19-2011, 11:47 PM
at least its not halle berry

lil'mo
01-19-2011, 11:48 PM
Good, the Mookie Crew hating The Dark Knight Rises will guarantee that it is great.

lol, butthurt much about your precious dark knight movies getting scoffed? :lmao

lil'mo
01-19-2011, 11:50 PM
These choices sound mega-awful. Catwoman? Plus Tom Hardy is a good actor but he is like 5'7 while Bale is 6'2 and about as built as Hardy unless Hardy cycles some serious steroids between now and the time filming starts. The Dark Knight was so awesome I wouldn't be surprised if this was great though.

lololol is your sig pic funny because of the calf tats, or because of the lazy bitch in a mcdonalds line needs a chair to wait her turn?

redzero
:lol No, because I know that the opinions of a bunch of internet tough guys who were picked on when they were in school, doesn't mean shit.

http://img600.imageshack.us/img600/2913/mookiecrew.jpg (http://img600.imageshack.us/i/mookiecrew.jpg/)

:rollin at any of you thinking you get to make fun of anybody or anything.

DPG21920

This is true :lol

Cant_Be_Faded
01-19-2011, 11:51 PM

I'd bet you my life savings within 4 years The Dark Knight will be laughed at incessantly. Batman and Robin style. But, hey, if you like Christian Bale doing his Ultimate Warrior voice impression, by all means.

DPG21920
01-19-2011, 11:51 PM
I am pro Hathaway in general. But for the love of god, she rode a dude's cock for like 20 minutes in that movie right out of the gates, she's been getting mad press for her movies cuz of her sexuality for some time now. Her performance in that movie was mad overrated.
In taht respect, I guess it's appropriate to cast her in this role, but the thing that lacks is the ass-kicking factor. I don't think anyone will take her seriously in that respect in this role.

What woman is taken seriously in action films? None.

Cant_Be_Faded
01-19-2011, 11:54 PM

I didn't mean she needs to be taken seriously, I meant she has to sell kicking ass. And she prob won't do that.

Uma Thurman sold kicking ass
Thats one quick example

balli
01-19-2011, 11:54 PM
Interested persons can disagree on any number of things where either side has a legitimate argument or rationale for why they might feel that way.

The Dark Knight is not one of those things. Anybody who still thinks that was a good movie is wrong. To put it kindly.

It's especially funny because it's poorly written and directed, pop shit, gussied up to make dumb people feel like they're watching something smart or meaningful. But they're not... And people who actually are smart, are laughing at them for thinking so.

Cant_Be_Faded
01-19-2011, 11:55 PM
Interested persons can disagree on any number of things where either side has a legitimate argument or rationale for why they might feel that way.

The Dark Knight is not one of those things. Anybody who still thinks that was a good movie is wrong. To put it kindly.

It's especially funny because it's poorly written and directed, pop shit, gussied up to make dumb people feel like they're watching something smart or meaningful. But they're not... And people who actually are smart, are laughing at them for thinking so.

This sentiment will explode exponentially in the years to come.

balli
01-19-2011, 11:56 PM
One would hope.

redzero

I'm sure you can throw a jab at Sarah Palin in there. I know the opportunity is too good to pass by for pseudo intellectuals such as yourself.

lil'mo
:lol No, because I know that the opinions of a bunch of internet tough guys who were picked on when they were in school, doesn't mean shit.

http://img600.imageshack.us/img600/2913/mookiecrew.jpg (http://img600.imageshack.us/i/mookiecrew.jpg/)

:rollin at any of you thinking you get to make fun of anybody or anything.

oh ok dude making fun of the Gabrielle Gifford shooting in his signature.

Pleased to see you have our picture saved on your hardrive as well :tu

Flattering indeed :lol

balli
01-19-2011, 11:57 PM
I'm sure you can throw a jab at Sarah Palin in there. I know the opportunity is too good to pass by for pseudo intellectuals such as yourself.

lol defensive teabagger. Doesn't surprise me, enjoyment of The Dark Knight probably correlates fairly closely with how much one is willing to suckle at the feet of retard reality star Palin.

lil'mo
01-19-2011, 11:57 PM
oh yea we absolutely owned our high school btw, tbh :rollin

redzero
01-19-2011, 11:58 PM
lol defensive teabagger.

lol thinking I'm a teabagger or even give a fuck about teabaggers.

lil'mo
01-19-2011, 11:59 PM

people think angelina jolie is some sort of action star, but i just laugh when a woman punches a guy and knocks him out in movies :lol

balli

lol you brought it up.

lil'mo

lol thinking you're not :lmao

redzero
01-20-2011, 12:00 AM
Pleased to see you have our picture saved on your hardrive as well :tu

Which is the only thing you can fall back on, because you know that you and your friends are lame, and that nobody will take you seriously once they see pics of you.

DPG21920
01-20-2011, 12:01 AM
lol defensive teabagger. Doesn't surprise me, enjoyment of The Dark Knight probably correlates fairly closely with how much one is willing to suckle at the feet of retard reality star Palin.

You are mentally weak, so how can you poke fun at anything :lol

1) You used your mind to decide to go see a terrible movie that was obvious to anyone that was not lacking mental fortitude was going to be terrible.

2) You walked out of it.

Mentally. Weak.

redzero
01-20-2011, 12:01 AM
lol you brought it up.

I brought it up because you took did that in another topic. Do you want me to find the quote?

People like you hate Sarah Palin, yet can't resist bringing her up when given the chance.

lil'mo
01-20-2011, 12:02 AM
Which is the only thing you can fall back on, because you know that you and your friends are lame, and that nobody will take you seriously once they see pics of you.

yeah cause that's been the case ever since it was first posted! :lmao

you so bad, post a picture of yourself so we can all laugh you off the site :rollin

DPG21920
01-20-2011, 12:02 AM
I didn't mean she needs to be taken seriously, I meant she has to sell kicking ass. And she prob won't do that.

Uma Thurman sold kicking ass
Thats one quick example

They don't sell kicking arse either imo.

Uma sold cool and style, but I didn't buy for one second that you couldn't wreck her if push came to shove and if it was socially acceptable.

lil'mo
01-20-2011, 12:03 AM
I brought it up because you took did that in another topic. Do you want me to find the quote?

People like you hate Sarah Palin, yet can't resist bringing her up when given the chance.

only frantic posters scrambling for a comeback make these kinds of mistakes :lmao

balli
01-20-2011, 12:03 AM
only frantic posters scrambling for a comeback make these kinds of mistakes :lmao

lol.

Goodnight, retard teabagger.

redzero
01-20-2011, 12:04 AM
you so bad, post a picture of yourself so we can all laugh you off the site :rollin

Again, you're confused. You think anybody takes what you post seriously, when nobody doesn't.

You don't get to make fun of people. That's like a pot calling a kettle black.

DPG21920
01-20-2011, 12:05 AM
people think angelina jolie is some sort of action star, but i just laugh when a woman punches a guy and knocks him out in movies :lol

Exactly. I'm not saying I can't watch it; but it is one of those things that can only detract from a movie, not add to it for me.

redzero
01-20-2011, 12:05 AM
lol.

Goodnight, retard teabagger.

:lol

Maybe if you keep calling me a teabagger, it will become true. The funny thing is that Sarah Palin's on your mind all the time, even though you hate her.

lil'mo
01-20-2011, 12:07 AM
Again, you're confused. You think anybody takes what you post seriously, when nobody doesn't.

AAHAHAHAHAHAAHAAAAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH AHAHAHAAAHAHHHHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA Thanks man, your double negative is in agreement with me. I think this ends the argument. I win again and you walk away a loser. Thanks for playing, pretty bold of you to go up against a superior opponent such as myself.

DPG21920
01-20-2011, 12:08 AM
Given, I don't hang around the Club to often, but is Balli this ridiculous all the time?

Guy is teetering on the edge of Twilight if you know what I mean.

Guy thinks he is Dennis Miller or something.

Cant_Be_Faded
01-20-2011, 12:08 AM
They don't sell kicking arse either imo.

Uma sold cool and style, but I didn't buy for one second that you couldn't wreck her if push came to shove and if it was socially acceptable.

WTF?
Are you kidding? We're talking about them selling the audience about their role. If a chick plays a pair of hot tits and flashes her hot tits, she did a good job. But we're talking about an action movie here.

Moreover, we're talking about an action movie based on superheroes that is "critically acclaimed" and "ground breaking" and "amazing" not to mention all that bull shit PeeWee's LoveChild said about this lump of crap back in the day.

Now you're slighting and belittling Nolan's artistic integrity by saying not only is Hathaway expected not to kick ass, but women never sell kicking ass in their action roles?

Nolan Batman lovers can't have it both ways. If he's this unique intelligent director that's successfully revitalizing the batman franchise, then Catwomen is NOT expected to just be a pair of hot tits.

To my point about Uma though, you're wrong. She sold kicking ass in spades. And yes, people took her character in that movie, the way it was portrayed as legit. DPG noone's saying they expect Uma to kill 1000 japanese people with a sword in real life. But she "sold" the character to the audience via Tarentino's vision.

You're making it sound like we have to take any women in an action role as "can she really kick my ass?" in which case remind yourself we're talking about a movie based on costumed, crime-fighting super heroes.

redzero
01-20-2011, 12:10 AM
AAHAHAHAHAHAAHAAAAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH AHAHAHAAAHAHHHHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA Thanks man, your double negative is in agreement with me. I think this ends the argument. I win again and you walk away a loser. Thanks for playing, pretty bold of you to go up against a superior opponent such as myself.

:lol

Thanks a lot for proving my point, internet tough guy.

And I think there should be a new sentence after "thanks for playing." The least you could do is add a hyphen.

Dr. Gonzo
01-20-2011, 12:11 AM
WTF?
Are you kidding? We're talking about them selling the audience about their role. If a chick plays a pair of hot tits and flashes her hot tits, she did a good job. But we're talking about an action movie here.

Moreover, we're talking about an action movie based on superheroes that is "critically acclaimed" and "ground breaking" and "amazing" not to mention all that bull shit PeeWee's LoveChild said about this lump of crap back in the day.

Now you're slighting and belittling Nolan's artistic integrity by saying not only is Hathaway expected not to kick ass, but women never sell kicking ass in their action roles?

Nolan Batman lovers can't have it both ways. If he's this unique intelligent director that's successfully revitalizing the batman franchise, then Catwomen is NOT expected to just be a pair of hot tits.

To my point about Uma though, you're wrong. She sold kicking ass in spades. And yes, people took her character in that movie, the way it was portrayed as legit. DPG noone's saying they expect Uma to kill 1000 japanese people with a sword in real life. But she "sold" the character to the audience via Tarentino's vision.

You're making it sound like we have to take any women in an action role as "can she really kick my ass?" in which case remind yourself we're talking about a movie based on costumed, crime-fighting super heroes.

I like your use of the word moreover.

thispego

what's up, frantic poster? :lol

redzero
Given, I don't hang around the Club to often, but is Balli this ridiculous all the time?

Guy is teetering on the edge of Twilight if you know what I mean.

Guy thinks he is Dennis Miller or something.

More like Bill Maher.