PDA

View Full Version : The Dark Knight

Pages : [1] 2 3

peewee's lovechild
07-18-2008, 01:33 PM
I can not believe how great this movie is. I allowed myself to get swept up in the hype and I was scared that it wouldn’t live up to it. Damn, it exceeded my expectations.

Everything you’ve ever seen on Batman and The Joker will amount to nothing when you see these two matching wits. This movie is dark, compelling, suspenseful, nerve wracking, and, at times, humorous. But, it is, without a doubt, very disturbing at times.

This movie delves right into our psyche of fear. The Joker is a psychopath that preys on fear with impunity. He’s not the Joker you’ve seen in the 70s played by Cesar Romero. He’s not Jack Nicholson. He’s not the cartoon incarnation that you can see on the Cartoon Network. He’s every bit the irrational psychopath. He’s the conductor of disorder and violence, disorder, panic, and fear are his instruments. And, he uses them well.

Batman, in this movie, has his morals put to the test. On several occasions he teeters on the brink of letting go of his morals, only to walk slowly off the razor’s edge. But, even when he does what it morally right, the end result is catastrophic.

This movie is pure greatness. Christopher Nolan has proven himself to be pure genius. The style, pacing, and narrative is far greater than anything that has come out this year. Nolan has now entered the upper echelon of filmmaking. He now clearly belongs with the ranks of Coppola, Scorsese, Kubrick, Hitchcock, Capra, Bergman, Jackson, and Lucas.

As for Heath Ledger, he’s damn well unrecognizable, and he put in the performance of a life time. His personal lifestyle aside, I regret his death because I would’ve liked to have seen what he would’ve done next. His performance was legendary.

I don’t want to go into anything more because I would hate to spoil this for you. But, I must insist that you go watch this movie. I saw it at the IMAX at 9:30 am today, and I’m going to watch it at least 10 more times. This is a movie for the ages.

Oh, by the way, The Joker’s “magic trick” is pure genius.

I’ll leave you with that.

stretch
07-18-2008, 01:38 PM

oh that had me dying

Mister Sinister
07-18-2008, 01:39 PM
First time I've ever been hoarse after a movie.

peewee's lovechild
oh that had me dying

It came out of nowhere.

The theater blew up in laughter.

Mister Sinister
oh that had me dying
I opted for an excessively loud "Holy shit!" before the laughing, myself.

peewee's lovechild
07-18-2008, 01:41 PM
I opted for an excessively loud "Holy shit!" before the laughing, myself.

That was pretty much my reaction.

I had the pleasure of sitting next to a hispanic guy who obviously thinks he's black in living in a ghetto because he jumped up and said "Oh, yea boy!! That's the shit I'm talking about!"

I almost fucking stabbed the prick with my car keys.

stretch
07-18-2008, 01:42 PM

I had the pleasure of sitting next to a hispanic guy who obviously thinks he's black in living in a ghetto because he jumped up and said "Oh, yea boy!! That's the shit I'm talking about!"

stupid beaners

Mister Sinister
07-18-2008, 01:42 PM

I nearly pissed myself when he was having technical difficulties with the detonator. :lol Literally. I held it for the entirety of the movie.

peewee's lovechild
07-18-2008, 01:44 PM
I nearly pissed myself when he was having technical difficulties with the detonator. :lol Literally. I held it for the entirety of the movie.

Dude, that part was fucking hillarious . . . and the way he was dressed up???

Fuck Elijah, that was some funny shit.

peewee's lovechild
07-18-2008, 01:45 PM
stupid beaners

No shit.

I gave him the "I'm going to stab you in the eye if you don't cut that shit" look and it seemed to work.

But, maybe he just shut the fuck up because there was too much going on in the movie.

stretch
07-18-2008, 01:48 PM
right when the movie started some annoying bitches around the theatre kept purposely going "shhhhhhhh!!!!!" just to be stupid, so i yelled "hey shut up" at them, and then they giggled and some other dude yelled "no seriously, shut the hell up" then another guy yelled "shut up" and then about 10 seconds later someone else yelled "shut up"

i was trying soo hard to hold my laughter

Mister Sinister
07-18-2008, 01:48 PM
This is probably the single greatest theater experience I've ever had. Everything about it, from the film itself, to the pre-show in the theater cracking jokes about the ads at the top of my voice for an hour and a half, sent my happy chemicals to previously unthought-of levels. ...I'm going again tomorrow on my off day.

Mister Sinister
07-18-2008, 01:49 PM
right when the movie started some annoying bitches around the theatre kept purposely going "shhhhhhhh!!!!!" just to be stupid, so i yelled "hey shut up" at them, and then they giggled and some other dude yelled "no seriously, shut the hell up" then another guy yelled "shut up" and then about 10 seconds later someone else yelled "shut up"

We had that too. I finally got sick of it and just shouted "All of you, shut the fuck up!" and the place went dead silent. :lol I was dying.

stretch
07-18-2008, 01:52 PM
We had that too. I finally got sick of it and just shouted "All of you, shut the fuck up!" and the place went dead silent. :lol I was dying.

lol i remember someone did that at some crappy movie like transporter or crank or something gay like that. but when the movie started, like someone whispered something then someone out of nowhere screamed "HEY SHUT YOUR FUCKING FACE" at them, and everyone was dying

midgetonadonkey
07-18-2008, 01:54 PM
Were there massive amounts of high fiving going on?

peewee's lovechild
07-18-2008, 01:54 PM

I was going to do that, but I think the guy knew I wasn't fucking around.

He didn't try anymore ghetto stereotypes for the rest of the movie.

peewee's lovechild
07-18-2008, 01:55 PM
Were there massive amounts of high fiving going on?

People were high-fiving when they were getting out of the theaters.

I guess they really liked it.

midgetonadonkey
07-18-2008, 01:55 PM
People were high-fiving when they were getting out of the theaters.

I guess they really liked it.

I bet that got you really pumped.

peewee's lovechild
07-18-2008, 01:56 PM
lol i remember someone did that at some crappy movie like transporter or crank or something gay like that. but when the movie started, like someone whispered something then someone out of nowhere screamed "HEY SHUT YOUR FUCKING FACE" at them, and everyone was dying

I can't remember which movie I was watching, but I once turned around and told some kid who was trying to impress his girl "I'm gonna kick your bitch ass in front of your girlfriend if you don't shut the fuck up!"

He was quiet after that.

peewee's lovechild
07-18-2008, 01:57 PM
I bet that got you really pumped.

I was pumped at everyone coming out of the theaters all excited and shit.

I had been waiting years for this movie to come out.

I was all hyped up for it.

Thunder Dan
07-18-2008, 01:59 PM
when they showed the other side of Dent's face I about threw up

midgetonadonkey
07-18-2008, 01:59 PM
I was pumped at everyone coming out of the theaters all excited and shit.

I had been waiting years for this movie to come out.

I was all hyped up for it.

I bet. Seeing people high five does that.

midgetonadonkey
07-18-2008, 02:01 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v423/Friskycat3/Winter/XAPE7.jpg

peewee's lovechild
07-18-2008, 02:02 PM
Yep.

peewee's lovechild
07-18-2008, 02:02 PM
when they showed the other side of Dent's face I about threw up

Dude, the reveal was kick ass.

Thunder Dan
07-18-2008, 02:05 PM
there were 2 things I didn't like about the movie: 1)nobody is fighting over Maggie Gyllanhaal lets be honest 2) I hate the voice Wayne puts on while doing Batman

but all in all it was awesome, and The Joker was incredible- the twitching and the mouth movements made that character real

peewee's lovechild
07-18-2008, 02:10 PM
there were 2 things I didn't like about the movie: 1)nobody is fighting over Maggie Gyllanhaal lets be honest 2) I hate the voice Wayne puts on while doing Batman

but all in all it was awesome, and The Joker was incredible- the twitching and the mouth movements made that character real

Maggie G played the role whe was supposed to, nothing more. I'm glad she wasn't the usual "damsel in distress" and she was important to the narrative. The choice Batman had to make would've been meaningless if she wasn't involved.

As for the voice, it doesn't bother me.
He has to mask his real voice.

midgetonadonkey
07-18-2008, 02:11 PM
Did you see any behind the back high fives?

midgetonadonkey
Or any jumping high tens?

peewee's lovechild
What kind of bothered me was this:

The veil that hides his true identity is getting thinner.

I could've done without that one dude, but he did become important to the overall story.

td4mvp21
Dude I want to see this movie so fucking bad, this made me want to see it even more. Good review.

peewee's lovechild
07-18-2008, 02:12 PM
Did you see any behind the back high fives?

Yep.

peewee's lovechild
07-18-2008, 02:13 PM
Or any jumping high tens?

Yuh-hugh.

They reminded me of you when you had that mangasm over the last Rambo movie even thought the fucker is 80 years old.

I respect you for still being turned on by him, but it's still pretty gay.

Thunder Dan
07-18-2008, 02:14 PM
also, what are we to assume they did or what happened to the Joker?

peewee's lovechild
07-18-2008, 02:14 PM
Dude I want to see this movie so fucking bad, this made me want to see it even more. Good review.

You HAVE TO watch this movie, and watch it in IMAX if you can.

midgetonadonkey
07-18-2008, 02:15 PM
Yuh-hugh.

They reminded me of you when you had that mangasm over the last Rambo movie even thought the fucker is 80 years old.

I respect you for still being turned on by him, but it's still pretty gay.

At least I never claimed to have gotten pumped up by the sight of two guys high fiving.

peewee's lovechild
07-18-2008, 02:15 PM
also, what are we to assume they did or what happened to the Joker?

I don't want to go into spoiler territory here.

But, I will say that Nolan has stayed true to the comics.

Comic fans will know what I mean by this.

peewee's lovechild
07-18-2008, 02:16 PM
At least I never claimed to have gotten pumped up by the sight of two guys high fiving.

No, you got pumped by Stallone's man breasts.

You give E20 a run for his money.

midgetonadonkey
07-18-2008, 02:16 PM
No, you got pumped by Stallone's man breasts.

You give E20 a run for his money.

Weak.

Seriously, how many people did you personally high five to get pumped by this movie?

peewee's lovechild
07-18-2008, 02:18 PM
Getting pumped by people exciting all excited from the Batman movie = quite normal

Getting a hard-on by watching Stallone on the big screen = quite gay (homosexual, rump-roaster, cock-sucker, ass sex lover, etc.)

midgetonadonkey
07-18-2008, 02:19 PM
Getting pumped by people exciting all excited from the Batman movie = quite normal

Getting a hard-on by watching Stallone on the big screen = quite gay (homosexual, rump-roaster, cock-sucker, ass sex lover, etc.)

Actually getting pumped by seeing people high five after a batman movie isn't normal at all. Getting pumped by seeing people high five for anything isn't normal.

peewee's lovechild
07-18-2008, 02:20 PM
Weak.

Seriously, how many people did you personally high five to get pumped by this movie?

Weak?

That you had a mangasm over Stallone?

How's that weak?
It's what you did.

All I said was that there were people high-fiving and screaming and shit when they left the theater.

You got hard watching Stallone flex his tits.

That's pretty gay.

Mister Sinister
07-18-2008, 02:20 PM

No *fucking* way!

Mister Sinister
07-18-2008, 02:21 PM
Also, I saw some little bastard kid dressed up as Robin in the lobby, and I yelled out "Hey, it's a Robin! Somebody gimme a crowbar!" Amusement ensued.

peewee's lovechild
Actually getting pumped by seeing people high five after a batman movie isn't normal at all. Getting pumped by seeing people high five for anything isn't normal.

Getting hard watching Stallone on the big screen is normal?

No, it's just gay.

I only know of two people who do that.
You and E20.

You've found your soulmate.

midgetonadonkey
Weak?

That you had a mangasm over Stallone?

How's that weak?
It's what you did.

All I said was that there were people high-fiving and screaming and shit when they left the theater.

You got hard watching Stallone flex his tits.

That's pretty gay.

Playing the gay card is weak smack. And I didn't send txt messages at 830am talking about how excited I was to see people high five and then exclaim my excitement.

midgetonadonkey
07-18-2008, 02:22 PM
Seeing people high five seriously got you pumped?

peewee's lovechild
07-18-2008, 02:22 PM
Also, I saw some little bastard kid dressed up as Robin in the lobby, and I yelled out "Hey, it's a Robin! Somebody gimme a crowbar!" Amusement ensued.

Speaking of which, what happened to that Red Robin dude that was posting all the TDK stuff a while back.

I thought he would be back to at least post about the movie.

Mister Sinister
07-18-2008, 02:23 PM
Speaking of which, what happened to that Red Robin dude that was posting all the TDK stuff a while back.

I thought he would be back to at least post about the movie.
I dunno. Funny thing about Robins and crowbars, I called my car Jason Todd for a while.

peewee's lovechild
07-18-2008, 02:23 PM
Playing the gay card is weak smack. And I didn't send txt messages at 830am talking about how excited I was to see people high five and then exclaim my excitement.

Playing the gay card is weak?

Who was talking about high fiving being gay to begin with?

In your world:

high fiving = gay

jacking off to Stallone = normal

You make sense.

peewee's lovechild
07-18-2008, 02:25 PM
Seeing people high five seriously got you pumped?

Post it right.

I told you some dude came out screaming "I creamed my pants!" and that people were coming out screaming and high fiving.

I was in line waiting for the movie.

How could people not get pumped?

Also, how is having a mangasm for Stallone not gay?

midgetonadonkey
07-18-2008, 02:26 PM
Playing the gay card is weak?

Who was talking about high fiving being gay to begin with?

In your world:

high fiving = gay

jacking off to Stallone = normal

You make sense.

I never jacked of to Stallone. And you were the one that mentioned how pumped you got to see people high five. I found that extremely amusing. A grown ass greasy brownsville wetback got pumped at the sight of people high fiving.

midgetonadonkey
07-18-2008, 02:27 PM
Post it right.

I told you some dude came out screaming "I creamed my pants!" and that people were coming out screaming and high fiving.

I was in line waiting for the movie.

How could people not get pumped?

Also, how is having a mangasm for Stallone not gay?

The exact text message:

Some guy just came out of one of the theaters screaming " I just creamed my pants!" Lots of people high fiving. I'm fucking pumped for this!!

lol

peewee's lovechild
07-18-2008, 02:28 PM
I never jacked of to Stallone. And you were the one that mentioned how pumped you got to see people high five. I found that extremely amusing. A grown ass greasy brownsville wetback got pumped at the sight of people high fiving.

Yea, you jacked off to Stallone.

Even Sandra doesn't understand your obsession with him.

As for the other stuff, you win.

If it makes you happy, you win.

I'm a greasy Brownsville wetback who got pumped seeing other people high fiving.

midgetonadonkey
07-18-2008, 02:30 PM
:lmao

midgetonadonkey
07-18-2008, 02:30 PM
Go fuck your mother.

peewee's lovechild
07-18-2008, 02:31 PM
The exact text message:

Some guy just came out of one of the theaters screaming " I just creamed my pants!" Lots of people high fiving. I'm fucking pumped for this!!

lol

But, you didn't answer the second question.

peewee's lovechild
07-18-2008, 02:31 PM
Go fuck your mother.

Hahahaha

midgetonadonkey
07-18-2008, 02:32 PM
High Five!

peewee's lovechild
07-18-2008, 02:34 PM
High Five!

We need to the House Party routine.

That shit just rocks the house!!!

Sherlock Holmes
07-18-2008, 02:46 PM
Every review that I have read critic and user review alike all have given this an A, the lowest grade I have seen for it is a B-.

Sherlock Holmes
07-18-2008, 02:49 PM
Also the posters name wasn't Red Robin. It was The Red Hood, if anybody knows Joker's back story you would know what his S/N is implying.

stretch
07-18-2008, 02:52 PM

PM me what you mean by it

Viva Las Espuelas
07-18-2008, 03:26 PM
this thread is exactly why i stay away from comic book movies and types

stretch
07-18-2008, 03:31 PM

why

mrsmaalox
07-18-2008, 03:42 PM
:lmao :lmao Damn Midge please stop!! :lmao

I'm surprised Peewee is in any condition to type; I thought he'd be found next week, in a pool of his own semen and excrement, still twitching!!

dirk4mvp
07-18-2008, 03:51 PM

You're missing the best movie that's came out in a few years.

peewee's lovechild
07-18-2008, 03:56 PM

Then, go watch Sex & The City.

monosylab1k
07-18-2008, 03:57 PM

or Mamma Mia! that movie looks like it fucking rocks balls.

peewee's lovechild
07-18-2008, 03:58 PM
or Mamma Mia! that movie looks like it fucking rocks balls.

I'm sure he'll find either one to be rockin'.

whottt
07-18-2008, 04:13 PM
This movie was badass.

I figured Heath Ledger's performance was going to be overhyped...it wasn't. He was awesome and deserves every bit of the praise he is getting. He was the best Joker ever.

Also amazing and someone I haven't seen being given much credit is Aaron Eckhart as Two Face. He also was excellent in his role and I think his role was probably the most difficult to pull off in that movie. He had to make the change from hero to psychopath in the course of this movie and I think he was brilliant in that transformation. And he never stopped being believable at any point.

Michael Caine and Morgan Freeman were excellent as they were in the first...

And Gary Oldman's transformation into Commissioner Gordon, as it was in the first movie. is just uncanny, he is Jim Gordon. IF you have ever read the comic he looks exactly like him, he acts exactly like him...and what's amazing is out of character Gary Oldman bears no resemblance whatsoever to Gordon.

As for Maggie Gyllenhaal, she wasn't supposed to be a beauty queen, it was her character that made her attractive and I think she played the part well.

Ironically enough. I think Christian Bale got overshadowed in this move by his supporting cast.

misterx91578
07-18-2008, 04:18 PM

:rollin

stretch
07-18-2008, 04:25 PM
Ironically enough. I think Christian Bale got overshadowed in this move by his supporting cast.

Yeah. I mean he was every bit as bad-ass as he was in the first, but with the new characters being introduced (and doing such a magnificent job), he did end up getting overshadowed a bit.

Heath Ledger did the best acting job as a villain in any movie I have ever seen.

T Park
07-18-2008, 04:30 PM
God, Monday can NOT get here fast enough.

Sherlock Holmes
07-18-2008, 04:44 PM
This movie was badass.

I figured Heath Ledger's performance was going to be overhyped...it wasn't. He was awesome and deserves every bit of the praise he is getting. He was the best Joker ever.

Also amazing and someone I haven't seen being given much credit is Aaron Eckhart as Two Face. He also was excellent in his role and I think his role was probably the most difficult to pull off in that movie. He had to make the change from hero to psychopath in the course of this movie and I think he was brilliant in that transformation. And he never stopped being believable at any point.

And Gary Oldman's transformation into Commissioner Gordon, as it was in the first movie. is just uncanny, he is Jim Gordon. IF you have ever read the comic he looks exactly like him, he acts exactly like him...and what's amazing is out of character Gary Oldman bears no resemblance whatsoever to Gordon.

As for Maggie Gyllenhaal, she wasn't supposed to be a beauty queen, it was her character that made her attractive and I think she played the part well.

I disagree I think they resemeble each other pretty well.

johnsmith
07-18-2008, 04:45 PM
I disagree I think they resemeble each other pretty well.

check your pm

Amuseddaysleeper
07-18-2008, 04:48 PM
Saw it at midnight last night in IMAX.

Pretty good movie, but this really was the Heath Ledger show.

The last 20 minutes were a bit rushed, and Bale's Batman Voice is extremely annoying, but this movie is a hell of a lot of fun.

I hope Ledger picks up the supporting actor oscar.

Sherlock Holmes
07-18-2008, 04:50 PM
check your pm

I did. Thanks a lot. I appreciate your input.

CuckingFunt
07-18-2008, 05:29 PM
In all seriousness, when the Batpod made its first appearance... I think I came.

CuckingFunt
07-18-2008, 05:37 PM

I nearly pissed myself when he was having technical difficulties with the detonator.

This movie was badass.

Also amazing and someone I haven't seen being given much credit is Aaron Eckhart as Two Face. He also was excellent in his role

And Gary Oldman's transformation into Commissioner Gordon, as it was in the first movie. is just uncanny, he is Jim Gordon.

Agreed.

TheSanityAnnex
07-18-2008, 05:38 PM
I saw it at the IMAX at 9:30 am today, and I’m going to watch it at least 10 more times. This is a movie for the ages.

I'm not sure how you find time to raise a kid well when you spend all your time online and plan on watching this movie at least 10 more times.

CuckingFunt
07-18-2008, 05:38 PM
Also, did everyone get the previews for The Spirit and Watchmen? The fail possibility for both is pretty high, but they also look like they could be amazing if done right.

stretch
07-18-2008, 06:33 PM
people are complaining about batman's voice?

:wow
personally i like it. besides, he has to change his voice up a bit as batman to hide his true identity. i dont get the criticism.

dirk4mvp
07-18-2008, 06:55 PM
Also, did everyone get the previews for The Spirit and Watchmen? The fail possibility for both is pretty high, but they also look like they could be amazing if done right.

I saw the preview for Body of lies. Leo is full of win.

jman3000
07-18-2008, 06:59 PM
watchmen looked like it should have been filmed in a different style... looked a bit too crisp and hollywoody... didnt get "the spirit" preview... got a terminator salvation one... but couldnt tell from it if its gonna be any good or not... probably better than 3 (which isnt hard) and on par with the original... just not as good as 2.

monosylab1k
07-18-2008, 07:16 PM
Leo is full of win.

Yer goddamn right he is.

Mister Sinister
07-18-2008, 09:52 PM
The Spirit I didn't get, but I have seen the trailers. The Watchmen one got an *extremely* loud "FUCK YEAH, RORSCHACH!" from me.

jman3000
07-18-2008, 09:53 PM
i hate sitting next to douches who yell obnoxious things at movie theatres.

Mister Sinister
07-18-2008, 09:55 PM
i hate sitting next to douches who yell obnoxious things at movie theatres.
For my part, I only do shit like that during ads, and for certain previews. I knock it the fuck off once the movie starts, for the most part.

jman3000
07-18-2008, 10:02 PM
once you sit next to a guy who says every 10 minutes or so "why so serious?" ... you'll hate everyone.

CuckingFunt
07-18-2008, 10:36 PM
once you sit next to a guy who says every 10 minutes or so "why so serious?" ... you'll hate everyone.

When I saw the first X-Men movie, I sat in front of three girls who, for the last 20 minutes or so of the film, were convinced that every character on screen was Mystique. Literally every single person who popped on camera, even extras, inspired a loud "Oooooooh! That's Mystique!! Watch out!!!" Annoying as fuck to begin with, but so absurd after about minute ten that it just got funny.

When I saw Resident Evil in the theater, I sat in front of a woman who was translating the entire film into Spanish for her boyfriend. Do zombie dogs REALLY need a fucking translation?

jman3000
07-18-2008, 10:37 PM
perros muerte

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-18-2008, 11:42 PM
Damn good movie. Lived up to the hype and then some. Ledger was a bad ass.

Spurminator
07-19-2008, 12:00 AM
watchmen looked like it should have been filmed in a different style... looked a bit too crisp and hollywoody...

I can't imagine how much story they can really fit into the movie if it's all going to be in slow-mo.

O-Factor
07-19-2008, 12:16 AM
Wow....just wow.

I was really blown away by this movie. I thought it would be good, but it exceeded my expectations.

Heath was even better than advertised. What an amazing performance. The magic trick was the best. I found my self sitting up everytime a Joker scene came up. Heath played the role of a sadistic, diabolical, psychotic sociopath that the Joker is, magnificantly. Truly Oscar worthy.

The script was so good and Nolan's direction of the movie played out extreamly well. I really like how they built up the dynamic between Batman and Joker. I loved the ending and how wide open the story was left. It wasn't a traditional hollywood ending which was great. Really it was almost like the Joker won round 1.Too bad we wont see a round 2.

Cant wait to see it again in IMAX

whottt
07-19-2008, 12:26 AM
The Spirit looks like it's going to suck to me.

monosylab1k
07-19-2008, 12:35 AM
Pretty much ever trailer, save for the DiCaprio one, looked like it's going to be a really shitty movie. Especially that Sin City looking piece of shit with Sam Jackson.

midgetonadonkey
07-19-2008, 12:40 AM
Sin City 1 sucked and Sin City 2 will suck harder.

Hank the Tank
07-19-2008, 12:43 AM
Best movie I've seen in a very long time.....wow....

This is the only movie I actually applauded at the end.
Damn...I'm getting a Joker shirt for sure. Heath Ledger you will be missed.

I just wish it was already out to buy, it's that good....in fact, I'm thinking of watching it again.

KEDA
07-19-2008, 01:27 AM
Damn good film

dallaskd
07-19-2008, 11:04 AM
people are complaining about batman's voice?

:wow

I didnt like when he was Bruce, he had this sexy man voice. but when he turns into batman he all of a sudden becomes an 80 year old smoker.

dallaskd
07-19-2008, 11:05 AM
but anyways this movie was amazing. Jokers chraracter was unbelievable. I think the riddler is the villian in the next batman.

xtremesteven33
07-19-2008, 11:24 AM
this is for comic book fans.

i honestly gave this movie around a 4 out of 10.
way overrated in my opinion.

Ledgers performance was good but not legendary by any stretch. the Batman voice distracted me from hearing anything he was saying in the end. it was pretty predictable (for a non comic book fan).

it was a good movie to rent or watch on an HD tv but i regret paying 10.00 in reservation for this movie.

waaaaaay overrated IMO. strictly for nerdy comic book fans.

Mister Sinister
07-19-2008, 11:25 AM
Pretty much ever trailer, save for the DiCaprio one, looked like it's going to be a really shitty movie. Especially that Sin City looking piece of shit with Sam Jackson.
You know they're from the same people, right?

Slinkyman
07-19-2008, 01:28 PM
I didnt like when he was Bruce, he had this sexy man voice. but when he turns into batman he all of a sudden becomes an 80 year old smoker.

Batman is supposed to talk like that, it was in the comics.

Mister Sinister
07-19-2008, 01:30 PM
Batman is supposed to talk like that, it was in the comics.
That reminds me, during one storyline, I think it was No Man's Land, he was on the phone with Lucius Fox, in costume, but using the Bruce Wayne voice, and it scared the *shit* out of Oracle.

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-19-2008, 04:20 PM

Ledgers performance was good but not legendary by any stretch. the Batman voice distracted me from hearing anything he was saying in the end. it was pretty predictable (for a non comic book fan).

it was a good movie to rent or watch on an HD tv but i regret paying 10.00 in reservation for this movie.

We get it, you didn't like it.

O-Factor
07-19-2008, 10:18 PM

Either you don't know movies, or you think ist's "cool" to hate on a movie that the majority has really taken a strong liking to.

J.T.
07-19-2008, 10:59 PM
you think ist's "cool" to hate on a movie that the majority has really taken a strong liking to.

Nail. Hammer. Head.

MannyIsGod
07-19-2008, 11:28 PM
******spoilers to follow***************

This may possibly be the best movie I have ever seen. Its so damn good.

I thought that all of the acting was pretty damn good. Ledger of course steals the show but really the direction and writing have a lot to do with the success of this movie. In addition, the score was absolutely PERFECT. This movie really was pieced together incredibly well.

There were several shots I felt were really good namely the detonation and the upside down right side up scene during one of the jokers monologues. The part where Rachel has that important thing happen to her caught me so incredibly off guard. I'm not sure if there is a spoiler warning anywhere in this thread.

Really I can't stop talking about this movie because it was so incredibly well put together. I'm amazed some have taken the comic book angle because nothing about this movie screams comic book. There is even some pretty good social commentary in the film when it comes to eavesdropping and terrorism.

Seriously, this is one of the best movies of all time. Its simply phenomenal.

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-19-2008, 11:32 PM
***spoiler, I guess.***

Ledger kept me laughing my ass off in this movie. The part he shoves the pencil into the guy's face, where he dresses up as a nurse and can't get the detonator to work, where he says that Batman shouldn't hit his head cause it makes him fuzzy, and where he's talking with the guy watching him in the room and he mouths the word six, all those parts made me :lmao .

dirk4mvp
07-20-2008, 12:34 AM
I'm thinking about buying a ps3 just so I can get in on Bluray it's so fucking good. Best movie I've seen since The Departed, maybe better.

Cant_Be_Faded
07-20-2008, 01:20 AM
The Spirit I didn't get, but I have seen the trailers. The Watchmen one got an *extremely* loud "FUCK YEAH, RORSCHACH!" from me.

Oh, come on, Shagia you are such a poser.

Cant_Be_Faded
07-20-2008, 01:22 AM
This may possibly be the best movie I have ever seen. Its so damn good.
Seriously, this is one of the best movies of all time. Its simply phenomenal.

Jesus tittyfucking Christ.

Amuseddaysleeper
07-20-2008, 01:28 AM
I love when people bash others for *heaven forbid* saying something negative about a popular film. This film has some flaws, but it's still highly enjoyable.

It's a little ridiculous that it's already #1 on IMDB, though that obviously won't hold. It just goes to show crazy the hype has gotten (Nice to see a tolerable summer blockbuster receive instead of another crappy pirates of the carribean or spiderman movie).

The thing is, outside of the Heath Ledger parts, this movie felt at times that they had too much story to tell, and not enough time to tell it in, which is nuts considering it's 2 1/2 hours long. Some trimming would've been nice. The acting was great, and that really helped overlooking plot holes at times, as the producers of this film didn't settle for only A-list stars.

Having said that, it is very well paced, as the movie never feels slow, and to Nolan's credit, even if he over-packed this movie, he certainly made sure it would hold our attention.

It's nice to have a movie that isn't afraid to be grim and settle for the happy ending.

Cant_Be_Faded
07-20-2008, 01:34 AM
HOW CANNOT BE FADED WAS RIGHT.[/SIZE]

CuckingFunt
07-20-2008, 01:34 AM
In general, I'm fond of CBF as a poster, but he has zero credibility on this subject until he sees the movie.

Cant_Be_Faded
07-20-2008, 01:38 AM
So you're saying I was wrong in predicting a total douchbaggery of reviews and opinions on this movie due to an OlsenTwinAided Suicide of Heath Ledger star of Ten Things I Hate About You?

I am wrong that every writer on the internet, speaking movie critic on NPR radio, and newspaper writer that is trying to be 'in the in crowd' is crowning Heath Ledger as a best performer of all time deserving of an Oscar?

I am wrong and unvalid in claiming the total tidal deluge of douchebaggery coming towards the common level headed american when an Olsen Twin Aided a Heath Ledger in his Drug Suicide in order to boost his fame to uncharted fucking depths, to pull a modern day Kurt Cobain?

CF, there is already a True Hollywood Story about Heath Ledger and his glorious finish as The *gasp* JOOOOKKKERRRR!!

The writing was on the wall. Look at the bull fucking shit Pop Culture that the establishment is feeding you sheep and it fucking JACKS OFF to overexploiting suicides based on drugs and Olsen Twins.

Jackkkksss offffffffff

I'm not special for calling this. It's just a classic case of boy with perspective seeing the forest for the trees.

J.T.
07-20-2008, 01:40 AM
Two and a half hours for an epic film is too long now? Seen too many of those one hour and twenty-two minute B-movies that Hollywood saturates the market with, have we? I'm not even a fan of Batman...I just like to see movies, and when a movie isn't good, or is too long, I'm constantly pulling out my cell phone to see what time it is so I know how close the thing is to being over. This film was the other way around. I didn't want it to end.

E20
07-20-2008, 01:42 AM
Everybody can now agree with me when I have said that Batman >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> anyother superhero. He's realistic and fucking bad ass. I give CBF props for nailing that Ledger's perfomance as going down as legendary and I give The Red Hood, Peewee and whoever else kept up with this shit since last year for knowing beforehand how hard this movie was going to rock.

Also CBF I think you will like the Marvel/DC cross over of Batman/Spiderman. It's Batman and Spidey against the Joker and Carnage, but since the Joker doesn't give a shit about anybody he fucks up Carnage as well. Good read I think you will like it.

Anyhoo I haven't seen the movie yet, I'm probably going to wait for it on DVD.

Spurminator
07-20-2008, 01:44 AM
I think you misunderstand what CBF is claiming credit for...

Amuseddaysleeper
07-20-2008, 01:44 AM
Two and a half hours for an epic film is too long now? Seen too many of those one hour and twenty-two minute B-movies that Hollywood saturates the market with, have we? I'm not even a fan of Batman...I just like to see movies, and when a movie isn't good, or is too long, I'm constantly pulling out my cell phone to see what time it is so I know how close the thing is to being over. This film was the other way around. I didn't want it to end.

The pacing for the film is excellent, the time flew by, but what I'm saying isn't critiquing the length of the film, as much as saying that Nolan was trying to be almost too ambitious with his story that he doesn't have sufficient time to tell it in. I doubt the studio would let this run over 3 hours. Plus, if anything, the 2 1/2 run time can add up to the studio losing an additional screening per day than had the film been closer to 2 hours (from a financial standpoint).

I have no issue with "long" films at all. Movies like this can't be told within 90 minutes. But in regards to the story, things felt a little choppy at times, and you can see that when Nolan cuts away from the action very often in this film (though that also must've been helped by the fact that the studio really wanted the PG-13 rating and have the violence of camera then to be stuck with the R rating).

E20
07-20-2008, 01:45 AM
I think you misunderstand what CBF is claiming credit for...

What is he claiming credit for? I haven't been here in a while.

E20
07-20-2008, 01:47 AM

If you're going to give it a 4 on the basis if it follows the comics then yeah, but no comic book movie ever stays true to that, so you can just toss that right outside the window when rating comic book movies, but other than that it's badass. It's fucking batman...........with christian bale and the joker lmao what else could you ask for?

dirk4mvp
07-20-2008, 01:48 AM
Also CBF I think you will like the Marvel/DC cross over of Batman/Spiderman. It's Batman and Spidey against the Joker and Carnage, but since the Joker doesn't give a shit about anybody he fucks up Carnage as well. Good read I think you will like it.

Holy shit. More info plz.

Spurminator
07-20-2008, 01:49 AM
Yeah they spent the whole first movie showing how he learned every martial art in the history of Asia and all we saw in this movie was punching.

CuckingFunt
07-20-2008, 01:50 AM
So you're saying I was wrong in predicting a total douchbaggery of reviews and opinions on this movie due to an OlsenTwinAided Suicide of Heath Ledger star of Ten Things I Hate About You?

I am wrong that every writer on the internet, speaking movie critic on NPR radio, and newspaper writer that is trying to be 'in the in crowd' is crowning Heath Ledger as a best performer of all time deserving of an Oscar?

I am wrong and unvalid in claiming the total tidal deluge of douchebaggery coming towards the common level headed american when an Olsen Twin Aided a Heath Ledger in his Drug Suicide in order to boost his fame to uncharted fucking depths, to pull a modern day Kurt Cobain?

CF, there is already a True Hollywood Story about Heath Ledger and his glorious finish as The *gasp* JOOOOKKKERRRR!!

The writing was on the wall. Look at the bull fucking shit Pop Culture that the establishment is feeding you sheep and it fucking JACKS OFF to overexploiting suicides based on drugs and Olsen Twins.

Jackkkksss offffffffff

I'm not special for calling this. It's just a classic case of boy with perspective seeing the forest for the trees.

You're not wrong in predicting the reviews and the acclaim. You're wrong in dismissing it as unwarranted when you haven't even seen the performance in question.

I was skeptical going in, just because I'd seen Ledger be bad just as often as I'd seen him be good. And I'd never seen him be anything I'd consider great. Not even in Brokeback Mountain, which I think is a damn good performance. Furthermore, I don't doubt that a lot of the attention he's getting is due to his passing. BUT, regardless my own feelings towards celebrity worship and the utter bullshit machine that is "fame," his performance in this film is really, REALLY good.

Not the best thing I've ever seen, maybe not the best thing I'll see this year, but good enough to have earned the acclaim it's getting right now.

Amuseddaysleeper
07-20-2008, 01:51 AM
Yeah they spent the whole first movie showing how he learned every martial art in the history of Asia and all we saw in this movie was punching.

That's one of the problems with his suit design in the film. I mean it wasn't till a quarter of the way through the film was he able to have a suit that simply allowed him to turn his head.

The costume is way too stiff too allow for high speed martial arts.

Cant_Be_Faded
07-20-2008, 01:53 AM
You're not wrong in predicting the reviews and the acclaim. You're wrong in dismissing it as unwarranted when you haven't even seen the performance in question.

I was skeptical going in, just because I'd seen Ledger be bad just as often as I'd seen him be good. And I'd never seen him be anything I'd consider great. Not even in Brokeback Mountain, which I think is a damn good performance. Furthermore, I don't doubt that a lot of the attention he's getting is due to his passing. BUT, regardless my own feelings towards celebrity worship and the utter bullshit machine that is "fame," his performance in this film is really, REALLY good.

Not the best thing I've ever seen, maybe not the best thing I'll see this year, but good enough to have earned the acclaim it's getting right now.

Good enough to even garner a MannyIsWrong opinion of the best movie his marriott eyes have ever seen?

You realize there is more than likely 1 out of every message board marriott saying this exact same thing?
Cooome on......I'm gonna see it, I will always see a Christian Bale movie....But this is flat out ridiculous. It's like Tommy says, "I can take a dump and mark it guaranteed if you'd like...I have spare time..."

CF have you stopped and paused and looked at how many Dark Knight threads have been active in the club ever since this movie's debut? Is it really deserving of THAT much praise?

CuckingFunt
07-20-2008, 01:56 AM
Good enough to even garner a MannyIsWrong opinion of the best movie his marriott eyes have ever seen?

Apparently Manny thought so, and since he's actually seen the movie I'll take it at face value that's how he actually feels about it.

I didn't claim it to be the best movie I've ever seen, though, so I really can't take responsibility for his opinion.

E20
07-20-2008, 01:59 AM
Holy shit. More info plz.
It's called Disordered Minds. Premise is that they have found a way to implant microchips into Jokers and Carnage's mind to make then sane, but the shit backfires. I can post some screenshots of the actual comic, I have it in .PDF format.

http://www.spiderfan.org/comics/images/spiderman_non_marvel/batman1.jpg

E20
07-20-2008, 02:02 AM
CF have you stopped and paused and looked at how many Dark Knight threads have been active in the club ever since this movie's debut? Is it really deserving of THAT much praise?

Yes. It has been recieving this much hype since LAST summer, of course. It has been hyped up beyond extent and everybody taht has seen the movie has agreed it has lived up to the hype. Also it's fucking batman..............

mookie2001
07-20-2008, 02:04 AM
its like the argentina of movies

dirk4mvp
07-20-2008, 02:05 AM
It's called Disordered Minds. Premise is that they have found a way to implant microchips into Jokers and Carnage's mind to make then sane, but the shit backfires. I can post some screenshots of the actual comic, I have it in .PDF format.

http://www.spiderfan.org/comics/images/spiderman_non_marvel/batman1.jpg

Is it for sale? And if so, do you have a link to it?

Cant_Be_Faded
07-20-2008, 02:07 AM
SIXTEEN out of TWENTY SEVEN club threads are about this fucking movie!!!

And that is including the stickies!

Yeahhhhh doggg, certainly not Olsen Twin Aided Suicide Related.

Hey, that rhymes!

Cant_Be_Faded
07-20-2008, 02:08 AM
its like the argentina of movies

Mista Marriott----MEET---Mista Mookie

E20
07-20-2008, 02:16 AM

You could probably get it off some comic site or eBay. I don't have the time or money to do some hard comic collecting so I downlaod a bunch. So if anybody needs any comics ask and I'll check if I have them.

Here's a link for disordered minds (torrent):
http://isohunt.com/download/47431744/batman+and+spiderman+disordered+minds.torrent

You need a CBR reader to read it:
http://www.geocities.com/davidayton/CDisplay

Couple of screenshots:
http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/3127/41810162ql5.jpg
http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/8735/56080647gy4.jpg

E20
07-20-2008, 02:22 AM
SIXTEEN out of TWENTY SEVEN club threads are about this fucking movie!!!

And that is including the stickies!

Yeahhhhh doggg, certainly not Olsen Twin Aided Suicide Related.

Hey, that rhymes!

I disagree. This hype has been mainly due to good viral marketing and the fact taht the Red Hood Peewee and I and other posters have been making thread after thread about Batman and the Joker, not Heath Ledger. The reason us batboys have been so excited about this movie was because ever since Tim Burtons orginal batman we didn't think it would get any better, but wer were wrong. The Nolan/Bale combo have been the closest thing to replicating batman for what it actually is and the thought of them having the joker, the best villian in all of comic books, is what has made this interesting the most. Sure people who casually watch movies will also have a little mystique value thrown in with ledgers death, but for the most part I think it is the combination of the success of batman begins, nolan, bale and the fact that they are emulating the joker and what batman is to almost what it acutally should be.

E20
07-20-2008, 02:28 AM

You can buy the print version here:
http://www.mycomicshop.com/search?q=disordered%20minds&qloc=N&TID=94201

Oscar DeLa
07-20-2008, 02:33 AM
I disagree. This hype has been mainly due to good viral marketing and the fact taht the Red Hood Peewee and I and other posters have been making thread after thread about Batman and the Joker, not Heath Ledger. The reason us batboys have been so excited about this movie was because ever since Tim Burtons orginal batman we didn't think it would get any better, but wer were wrong. The Nolan/Bale combo have been the closest thing to replicating batman for what it actually is and the thought of them having the joker, the best villian in all of comic books, is what has made this interesting the most. Sure people who casually watch movies will also have a little mystique value thrown in with ledgers death, but for the most part I think it is the combination of the success of batman begins, nolan, bale and the fact that they are emulating the joker and what batman is to almost what it acutally should be.

I don't know what it is, but as a casual internet user, it was painfully obvious to watch the viral marketing schtick disappear not more than two weeks after Heath's death.

E20
07-20-2008, 02:35 AM
I don't know what it is, but as a casual internet user, it was painfully obvious to watch the viral marketing schtick disappear not more than two weeks after Heath's death.
Heath's death has been fairly recent, a couple of months ago. They've marketed the movie for 9 months June of 07 up until March 08, it would have stopped regardless of his death. Then they were just gonna go with the regular theatrical trailers/clips.

dirk4mvp
07-20-2008, 02:46 AM
You could probably get it off some comic site or eBay. I don't have the time or money to do some hard comic collecting so I downlaod a bunch. So if anybody needs any comics ask and I'll check if I have them.

http://isohunt.com/download/47431744/batman+and+spiderman+disordered+minds.torrent

Couple of screenshots:

Looks pretty good.

I usually get my comics from Books-a-million cause that's the only place with comics in reasonable driving distance so i never see any of the hardcore stuff like this. What comics do you read?

E20
07-20-2008, 02:51 AM
Looks pretty good.

I usually get my comics from Books-a-million cause that's the only place with comics in reasonable driving distance so i never see any of the hardcore stuff like this. What comics do you read?
I mostly read:
Batman (Detcive Comics, Batman, The Dark Knight etc)
X-Men (Uncanny and the series that the cartoon was based it was just called X-MEN)
Superman (Action Comics, Superman, JLA etc)
Spiderman
Silver Surfer

I've read a lot of Crossover comics too many to list. I've also read a few Dr. Strange, JLA, Superboy. I haven't read any Hulk or Iron Man comics, but I know the character back history by just doign research. My favorite story arcs were:
The fall of Batman (breaks his back/spine)
The death and return of superman
Onslaught arc

Also you can buy disordered minds in print right here in case you missed it in my other post: http://www.mycomicshop.com/search?q=disordered%20minds&qloc=N&TID=94201

dirk4mvp
07-20-2008, 02:55 AM
I mostly read:
X-Men (Uncanny and the series that the cartoon was based it was just called X-MEN)
Spiderman
Silver Surfer

I've read a lot of Crossover comics too many to list. I've also read a few Dr. Strange, JLA, Superboy. I haven't read any Hulk or Iron Man comics, but I know the character back history by just doign research. My favorite story arcs were:
Onslaught arc

Also you can buy disordered minds in print right here in case you missed it in my other post: http://www.mycomicshop.com/search?q=disordered%20minds&qloc=N&TID=94201

Batman comics have been sucking something hard for a little while now. Spiderman Brand New Day is ok. The new Ironman series that is only a few issues in "The Invincible Ironman" is pretty good along with Captain America.

Yeah thanks...I'll order it sometime or another.

Mister Sinister
07-20-2008, 11:13 AM
I mostly read:
Spiderman
Silver Surfer

Onslaught arc

Teen Titans is worth a read, if only for the awesome that is Deathstroke...Marvel's Thunderbolts line would also be worth more than a look.

peewee's lovechild
07-20-2008, 02:42 PM
CFB, go watch the movie.

If you don't like it, and you think Ledger's performance was overrated, come back and tell us.

Until then, you have no ground to stand on.

MannyIsGod
07-20-2008, 10:40 PM
So CBF thinks I'm trying to be trendy because Heath Ledger died by saying its the best movie I've ever seen

well I counter that CBF is trying to be anti-trendy trendy by claiming I am being trendy and by judging a movie's praise without actually seeing it.

An anti-marriot is just as much a marriot as a full marriot you fucking marriot. Go watch the movie.

E20
07-20-2008, 10:48 PM
So CBF thinks I'm trying to be trendy because Heath Ledger died by saying its the best movie I've ever seen

well I counter that CBF is trying to be anti-trendy trendy by claiming I am being trendy and by judging a movie's praise without actually seeing it.

An anti-marriot is just as much a marriot as a full marriot you fucking marriot. Go watch the movie.

Manny did you like Batman Begins?

Trainwreck2100
07-20-2008, 10:49 PM

Couple of screenshots:

If you have winrar on your computer you can just rename .cbr to .rar and open it with that

Anti.Hero
07-21-2008, 12:45 AM
ehhhhhhhhhhhhh this movie was alright.

All the great reviews over hyped it more than the actual over hyping I think.

leemajors
07-21-2008, 01:26 AM
it was pretty good, but best ever? not even close.

timvp
07-21-2008, 05:45 AM
I've hated every Super Hero movie I've ever seen. Not sure if I'll watch this one. I didn't even know who Heath Ledger was before he died so the fact he's dead won't play a part in me liking or wanting to watch the movie.

peewee's lovechild
07-21-2008, 07:29 AM
timvp, you should really watch this.

It's unlike any comic based movie you've ever seen.

This is truly a work of art. It transcends all genres. You don't have to be a fanboy to like this one.

And, you don't have to know jack about Ledger, he's unrecognizable when playing the Joker.

peewee's lovechild
07-21-2008, 07:33 AM

The whole "I'm gonna hate on this movie because everyone is loving it and I want to be such a non-comformist" is stupid as hell.

This movie is just one of the best movies made.

florige
07-21-2008, 07:46 AM
The whole "I'm gonna hate on this movie because everyone is loving it and I want to be such a non-comformist" is stupid as hell.

Hey PW how many times have you creamed off to this movie yet? I know you are loving this crap...:lol

peewee's lovechild
07-21-2008, 07:54 AM
Hey PW how many times have you creamed off to this movie yet? I know you are loving this crap...:lol

3 times.

Have you seen the movie yet, flo?

florige
07-21-2008, 08:00 AM
3 times.

Have you seen the movie yet, flo?

Nah not yet. I went to see it yesterday and got there an hour early, but there were already about 200 people in line (No joke) so I'm going to see it today around 5 before I go to work. Screw sleeping today, I have to see this movie today.... I have heard NOTHING but good reviews about this thing. This movie is going to top Titanic I can tell you that right now.... How many times have you seen it PW?

peewee's lovechild
07-21-2008, 08:03 AM
I've seen it 3 times.

I'm going to see it at least 5 more times.

I'm going to give it the Star Wars treatment.

When I first went on Friday, they gave us free breakfast tacos.

That rocked.

florige
07-21-2008, 08:07 AM
I've seen it 3 times.

I'm going to see it at least 5 more times.

I'm going to give it the Star Wars treatment.

When I first went on Friday, they gave us free breakfast tacos.

That rocked.

I know you are really happy with the outcome of this movie. You were waiting for this one man..... No babies huh???:lmao

peewee's lovechild
07-21-2008, 08:30 AM
I know you are really happy with the outcome of this movie. You were waiting for this one man..... No babies huh???:lmao

Na, I would've gone postal if there was.

There was just some hispanic-thug-wannabe trying to look cool for his girl that pissed me off at the beginning, but he cooled off when I gave him my "I'm going to kill you look".

Anyway, what I did see when I left the theater (there was a line wrapped around the building) was that there was an entire school of kids in line waiting for the movie.

Fuck, this is no movie for a kid.

They must've been no older than 6 years old and they were all wearing yellow shirts. The Jocker is too disturbing for these kids.

But, whatever.

monosylab1k
07-21-2008, 08:42 AM
I've hated every Super Hero movie I've ever seen. Not sure if I'll watch this one. I didn't even know who Heath Ledger was before he died so the fact he's dead won't play a part in me liking or wanting to watch the movie.

don't worry there isn't a skateboard in sight.

leemajors
07-21-2008, 08:56 AM
i can't believe timvp hated blankman.

florige
07-21-2008, 08:57 AM
Na, I would've gone postal if there was.

There was just some hispanic-thug-wannabe trying to look cool for his girl that pissed me off at the beginning, but he cooled off when I gave him my "I'm going to kill you look".

Anyway, what I did see when I left the theater (there was a line wrapped around the building) was that there was an entire school of kids in line waiting for the movie.

Fuck, this is no movie for a kid.

They must've been no older than 6 years old and they were all wearing yellow shirts. The Jocker is too disturbing for these kids.

But, whatever.

I read your one post on Fri when you said someone beside you jumped up and said "Yeah son, thats the shit I'm talking about" That was funny as hell...:rollin:lmao

peewee's lovechild
07-21-2008, 09:17 AM
I read your one post on Fri when you said someone beside you jumped up and said "Yeah son, thats the shit I'm talking about" That was funny as hell...:rollin:lmao

Fucking cock stain.

I was real close to stabbing him on the throat.

ATRAIN
07-21-2008, 09:19 AM
This stupid whore bag kept getting calls during the movie and kept going into the little exit door but holding it open with her foot letting all the light in. Shit was pissing me off. Pee wee you were not going to do shit to that guy quit lying!!

florige
07-21-2008, 09:21 AM
Fucking cock stain.

I was real close to stabbing him on the throat.

Was that the same dude??:lol

florige
07-21-2008, 09:22 AM
This stupid whore bag kept getting calls during the movie and kept going into the little exit door but holding it open with her foot letting all the light in. Shit was pissing me off. Pee wee you were not going to do shit to that guy quit lying!!

I was going to ask did you see it A. Did you like it too?

Spurminator
07-21-2008, 09:25 AM

If you don't like superhero movies then you won't like this one.

I liked it, but it's still a superhero movie. It doesn't transcend superhero movies or anything.

ATRAIN
07-21-2008, 09:29 AM
I was going to ask did you see it A. Did you like it too?

Yes I enjoyed it, it was a bad ass movie and fuck was it long (thats what she said)

leemajors
07-21-2008, 09:32 AM

shoulda went to the drafthouse and seen both batdance and the gotham city videos!

peewee's lovechild
07-21-2008, 09:33 AM
Was that the same dude??:lol

Yea, it was the same fucker.

I swear I would've decked the cocksucker, but he stopped.

peewee's lovechild
07-21-2008, 09:34 AM

Dude, you have no idea.

I paid $14 to see that movie.

Nothing, I mean nothing, was going to fuck that up.

florige
07-21-2008, 09:34 AM
Yes I enjoyed it, it was a bad ass movie and fuck was it long (thats what she said)

The first one was long too.

peewee's lovechild
07-21-2008, 09:35 AM

I liked it, but it's still a superhero movie. It doesn't transcend superhero movies or anything.

You know nothing about movies.

The topics covered in the movie were those above "super hero movies".

The sone
07-21-2008, 09:35 AM
waiting in line to see batman an older man came up to us and with all sincerity, held out his ticket stub and asked, "is this the line for Mama Mia?"...

:wtf

peewee's lovechild
07-21-2008, 09:36 AM
The first one was long too.

Dude, it all went by so fast.

It didn't feel like a long movie.

Usually, I'll change positions a million times when a movie is that long, but I only moved twice.

It's a brilliant movie.
You better watch it today.

florige
07-21-2008, 09:37 AM
Yea, it was the same fucker.

I swear I would've decked the cocksucker, but he stopped.

People trip me out when they act like they are home when they are in a public place like a movie theater. As long they stop doing whatever it is they were doing that was annoying I normally am ok with it.

florige
07-21-2008, 09:39 AM
Dude, it all went by so fast.

It didn't feel like a long movie.

Usually, I'll change positions a million times when a movie is that long, but I only moved twice.

It's a brilliant movie.
You better watch it today.

Probably because you were anticipating it sooo much it flew by for you. Oh yeah, and I AM watching it today. Trust me!!!

monosylab1k
07-21-2008, 09:40 AM
waiting in line to see batman an older man came up to us and with all sincerity, held out his ticket stub and asked, "is this the line for Mama Mia?"...

:wtf

he probably got dragged to the theater by his wife and wanted you to lie to him and tell him he was in the right line. That way when his wife and her whore friends got out of Mamma Mia and were like "wtf??" he could say "Sorry I was so confused, they told me I was in the right line but it turns out I was at TDK instead!" That was the old man's plan all along.

Spuradicator
07-21-2008, 10:23 AM
What a hell of a movie. Heath was awesome. To hell with anyone who says otherwise.

Spurminator
07-21-2008, 10:40 AM

If you're looking for a movie with social commentary there are better places to find them than a Batman movie. I appreciate that TDK had more depth than the typical superhero movie, but it's still a superhero movie. It's not going to appeal to an audience that doesn't like this genre of film. To suggest that it's somehow in a different category is just silly. It's still about a man who dresses up in a bat costume, flies off of the tops of buildings into other buildings' windows, and fights villains with names like "Two Face" and "The Joker."

JoeChalupa
07-21-2008, 10:50 AM
I'm waiting for the crowds to die down a bit. I hate watching a movie in a full theater. Too much noise. But I will see it on the big screen.

peewee's lovechild
07-21-2008, 11:06 AM
If you're looking for a movie with social commentary there are better places to find them than a Batman movie. I appreciate that TDK had more depth than the typical superhero movie, but it's still a superhero movie. It's not going to appeal to an audience that doesn't like this genre of film. To suggest that it's somehow in a different category is just silly. It's still about a man who dresses up in a bat costume, flies off of the tops of buildings into other buildings' windows, and fights villains with names like "Two Face" and "The Joker."

Morals, ethics, government control, sacrificing for the greater good . . . yeah, it's just a super hero flick.

peewee's lovechild
07-21-2008, 11:06 AM
I'm waiting for the crowds to die down a bit. I hate watching a movie in a full theater. Too much noise. But I will see it on the big screen.

Make sure you watch in on IMAX.

leemajors
07-21-2008, 11:25 AM
Morals, ethics, government control, sacrificing for the greater good . . . yeah, it's just a super hero flick.

it is.

JoeChalupa
07-21-2008, 11:43 AM
IMAX it is. :tu

Spurminator
07-21-2008, 01:03 PM

It's a super hero flick.

I suppose Star Wars isn't science fiction?

Mister Sinister
07-21-2008, 01:05 PM
It's a super hero flick.

No, it's about how the white man is trying to keep the black man down.

E20
07-21-2008, 01:06 PM
It's a super hero flick.

It's a superheroe movie taht goes beyond what a normal or even good superhero movie would. Basically it is a super superhero flick.

peewee's lovechild
07-21-2008, 01:08 PM
No, it's about how the white man is trying to keep the black man down.

Or, the man dressed in black trying to keep the man dressed in white make up down.

mFFL03
07-21-2008, 01:12 PM
this movie deserves two threads...doesn't it?

peewee's lovechild
07-21-2008, 01:16 PM
I'll gladly make a third if anyone feels it's warranted.

mFFL03
07-21-2008, 01:20 PM
I'll gladly make a third if anyone feels it's warranted.

...where people who have seen it three times can go!

peewee's lovechild
07-21-2008, 01:24 PM
I was thinking about making a thread dedicated to Harvey Dent/Two Face's character.

That could easily go 5-10 pages.

peewee's lovechild
07-21-2008, 01:25 PM
Or, maybe on thread for Harvey Dent and one for Two Face.

That would be sweet.

G-Nob
07-21-2008, 01:26 PM
Pee Wee, you liked the movie just as much as I hate shia leboof.

Slinkyman
07-21-2008, 01:28 PM
Or, maybe on thread for Harvey Dent and one for Two Face.

That would be sweet.

no, i think each of Two Faces faces needs a thread.

peewee's lovechild
07-21-2008, 01:38 PM

You sir, are pure genius.

I'll let you start one of them.

CuckingFunt
07-21-2008, 04:40 PM

Only if one of them is titled "Two-Face: Skinless Crispy Style."

peewee's lovechild
07-21-2008, 04:42 PM
Only if one of them is titled "Two-Face: Skinless Crispy Style."

You have greatness in you.

This much I can tell.

spurs_fan_in_exile
07-21-2008, 04:43 PM
I would propose a third thread: Billy Dee>>>>>>>>>>>>>Aaron Eckhart

CuckingFunt
07-21-2008, 04:49 PM
I would propose a third thread: Billy Dee>>>>>>>>>>>>>Aaron Eckhart

This is where I wished I had the dedication to look for the video of the SNL commercial for Cold Cock Malt Liquor.

That's fantastic.

Slinkyman
07-21-2008, 10:23 PM
just got back from seeing TDK again and it's actually better the second time, this summer just can't get any better as far as movies go. If only the x-files movie is good, but i think it will be just average at best.

dirk4mvp
07-21-2008, 10:46 PM

That's a pretty narrow way to look at it.

Avitus1
07-21-2008, 10:56 PM
The movie was amazing on IMAX this might sound stupid but simply the shots from above Gotham City were great. The action sequences were awesome. I had never seen a movie in IMAX before this movie and it honestly was the closet concert like experience I've ever had watching a movie.

It was an excellent movie too.. so much more then an average comic book movie, so much more then an average movie.

romad_20
07-21-2008, 11:44 PM
Spoiler below

I agree with a lot of your points. I'd give it 8 out of 10 though. I thought Ledger was very good, but he didn't seperate himself from Jack's version that much. It was dark and pretty well thought out except for the part with the triggers on the boat. I wouldn't have taken the trigger into the general population on either of those boats. They could have stuck them under a seat or something.

romad_20
07-21-2008, 11:53 PM

you should get off this movie's nuts, it was really good but come on this is nowhere near the great movies of all time.

Spurtacus
07-22-2008, 12:16 AM
God damn work is preventing me from seeing the film I've waited a long time for.

T Park
07-22-2008, 12:55 AM
The movie was fantastic.

Words cannot do justice to it.

The acting by Ledger was absolutely mind blowing.

The part where he slaps the detonator at the hospital is HILARIOUS.

I hope Harvey Dent is brought in for the third.

Along with the Riddler.

If it were up to you guys, who do you think could be a perfect Riddler?

E20
07-22-2008, 01:03 AM
Johnny Depp would be good IMO, he could pull off something crazy like the riddler, I thought of him when I saw a commercial for wily wonka and the chocloate factory, someone suggested brad pitt. Wikipedia states that david tennant wishes to play the riddler:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batman_movies#Future

dirk4mvp
07-22-2008, 01:06 AM
Depp or Pitt would be perfect choices. Depp just looks like somebody that would be The Riddler, and well, Pitt - Fight Club.

T Park
07-22-2008, 02:19 AM
Could Johnny Depp possibly,

take over or replace the Joker?

Someone on another board suggested that and I kinda debated it.
Hes a far enough out there actor to be able to do it, but crazy enough to emulate the Joker himself perfectly.

The Riddler?

Man after Jim Carrey fucked it up, I just don't know.

angelbelow
07-22-2008, 04:15 AM
is the riddler official? everyone seems to be talking about the riddler like it is.

florige
07-22-2008, 07:32 AM
YES!! I can now finally read the spoilers because I have seen it.....

ATRAIN
07-22-2008, 08:19 AM
I say no to the Riddler and no to the Penguin.

stretch
07-22-2008, 08:23 AM
Depp or Pitt would be perfect choices. Depp just looks like somebody that would be The Riddler, and well, Pitt - Fight Club.

thats what i was thinking. i think he could play in an eccentric role pretty well. but i think they should try to find someone younger and less well known. at this point, pitt has been in soo many movies i think people would knock on the movie for simply casting him and think its corny or something.

ATRAIN
07-22-2008, 08:35 AM
I think the story line Nolan should go with is the Knightfall series.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batman:_Knightfall#Knightfall

Bring Bane in the beginning then have Bale get his back broken in the first 30 mins of the movie then have it all between Azrael losing his mind as batman and then Bale coming back to face him. Do the Bane story right this time, they could even stretch this out in 2 movies with Bane breaking Batman's back at the end (or near the end) of part 3.

monosylab1k
07-22-2008, 08:37 AM
DiCaprio.

http://images.askmen.com/specials/2007_top_49/men/leonardo_dicaprio.jpg

Best Riddler Ever.

Sign him up.

midgetonadonkey
07-22-2008, 08:50 AM
No way Riddler comes out in the next one. I saw it last night and thought it was incredible.

spurs_fan_in_exile
07-22-2008, 08:58 AM
Sadly I just don't see anyway you could try to do Knightfall and do it justice. Too epic for one film, and with most of the major players not locked up for a long haul I don't know that they'd risk setting up a longer story arc with the chance that they might have to recast in the middle of it.

Spuradicator
07-22-2008, 08:59 AM
Bane would be cool

ATRAIN
07-22-2008, 09:01 AM
Sadly I just don't see anyway you could try to do Knightfall and do it justice. Too epic for one film, and with most of the major players not locked up for a long haul I don't know that they'd risk setting up a longer story arc with the chance that they might have to recast in the middle of it.

Yeah I think it can be done in 2 but could possibly be rushed. I would however like to see them do the knightfall story without robin and catwoman.

CuckingFunt
07-22-2008, 10:32 AM
No way Riddler comes out in the next one. I saw it last night and thought it was incredible.

Did you high five anyone when it was over?

midgetonadonkey
07-22-2008, 10:33 AM
Did you high five anyone when it was over?

Not at all. I wish I could've seen some high fiving so I could've gotten really pumped for the movie.

mardigan
07-22-2008, 12:11 PM

Riddler's gay. I cant see Nolan cheesing up the franchise like that. Maybe The Long Halloween could work though.

E20
07-22-2008, 01:21 PM

You can't do any story arc justice from a comic book movie, it would be too long and drawn out. Batman Begins and TDK don't 100% follow the comics as well. I'd like to see Bane in the next movie and have him break his back at the end and just stop the nolan/bale batman series after that. You'd have to leave out Robin and deviate from the original because Nolan has said this is a young batman and robin will never make an apperance, but deviating from the comic storylines hasn't stopped them yet
. Also I'd like to have Superman be killed by Doomsday in teh 3rd superman movie and stop that series there as well. I've said this like 10 times lmao. I think you can fit both of those story lines in 2 hours.

E20
07-22-2008, 01:31 PM
Riddler's gay. I cant see Nolan cheesing up the franchise like that. Maybe The Long Halloween could work though.

From Batman Begins and TDK this is the closest thing that they are following. It is early years of batman just like what Nolan is saying.

This story is quoted by David S. Goyer (who wrote Batman Begins and its sequel The Dark Knight) as being among his screenwriting inspirations. The issue in The Long Halloween in which the Roman Empire is so damaged that Falcone has to get help from the "freaks" (i.e., The Riddler, Poison Ivy, The Scarecrow, and The Mad Hatter), was re-used in The Dark Knight as the reason why Gotham's underworld bosses had to hire someone as over-the-edge as The Joker. The "Dark Knight" film's characterization of Harvey Dent is very similar to the The Long Halloweens. Two-Face's scarring is very similar to that in the Long Halloween. Worth noting also, is the marketing campaign during Halloween 2007, in which one of the related websites had a pumpkin which over time began to resemble the cover of issue #13 of the story.

ATRAIN
07-22-2008, 01:52 PM
You can't do any story arc justice from a comic book movie, it would be too long and drawn out. Batman Begins and TDK don't 100% follow the comics as well. I'd like to see Bane in the next movie and have him break his back at the end and just stop the nolan/bale batman series after that. You'd have to leave out Robin and deviate from the original because Nolan has said this is a young batman and robin will never make an apperance, but deviating from the comic storylines hasn't stopped them yet
. Also I'd like to have Superman be killed by Doomsday in teh 3rd superman movie and stop that series there as well. I've said this like 10 times lmao. I think you can fit both of those story lines in 2 hours.

The thing you miss is that they are comic book movies which essentially means there is a hero and there are villains. You cannot end the series with the hero down, it goes against the whole premise of the comic book world. The hero always comes back and will prevail. I say 2 more batmans, have Bane break batman in the end of 2 with the passing of the torch to Azrael, then in 3 Azrael taking out bane and losing his mind because of Scarecrow and becoming a crazed batman and then Bruce comes in to take him out and reclaim his place as batman. That all can be done without Robin, catwoman, freeze, penguin. 2 Movies could do that story some justice, not 100% of crouse but I can seeing it work if done right. They left off the last one where the Joker and 2 face can be left out, so no need to ruin what Ledger did for the Joker Character.

E20
07-22-2008, 02:03 PM
The thing you miss is that they are comic book movies which essentially means there is a hero and there are villains. You cannot end the series with the hero down, it goes against the whole premise of the comic book world. The hero always comes back and will prevail. I say 2 more batmans, have Bane break batman in the end of 2 with the passing of the torch to Azrael, then in 3 Azrael taking out bane and losing his mind because of Scarecrow and becoming a crazed batman and then Bruce comes in to take him out and reclaim his place as batman. That all can be done without Robin, catwoman, freeze, penguin. 2 Movies could do that story some justice, not 100% of crouse but I can seeing it work if done right. They left off the last one where the Joker and 2 face can be left out, so no need to ruin what Ledger did for the Joker Character.

This isn't any ordinary comic book movie, so why not end this with a twist? IMO it will add to it's epicness.

Trainwreck2100
07-22-2008, 02:08 PM
Why is everybody trying to cast The Riddler, was anybody saying the the guy from Brokeback Mountain would make a good Joker at the end of Batman Begins

JoeChalupa
07-22-2008, 02:12 PM
Why is everybody trying to cast The Riddler, was anybody saying the the guy from Brokeback Mountain would make a good Joker at the end of Batman Begins

True. But that is why those casting directors make the big bucks.

Spurminator
07-22-2008, 02:12 PM

I remember people being confused by the choice.

Watch the next villain will be played by Shia LaBouf.

G-Nob
07-22-2008, 02:24 PM
I remember people being confused by the choice.

Watch the next villain will be played by Shia LaBouf.

If that happens, I'll kill the producer.

angelbelow
07-22-2008, 02:49 PM
is the riddler official or what?

btw knightfall would be too much for one movie. i think theyre only doing 3.

Cant_Be_Faded
07-23-2008, 12:00 AM

Hey dickless, I may have laughed when I prophesized this torrent of heath nut garbling, I may have beat a dead horse twenty times over saying how lame it was his death helped this movie succeed, I may have made fun of others for talking about dark knight at infinitum and creating more threads when twelve fucking threads were already present, I may have said you're gay for loving this movie and making it out to be some great epic accomplishment, but really, when have I truly hated on the movie itself?

I even admitted that I will end up seeing it, which places it in a level totally different from that of, say, Ocean's (insert number here), or a Pixar film, or a spoof movie...

So why don't you shut the fuck up and drink a shiner, or at least promise me you'll stop making more Dark Knight threads.
I always planned on seeing this movie, and I will probably like it, i never hinted otherwise....but that doesn't mean I think it'll be worth the 9 bucks I spend to see it, much less worthy of all the fucking hype hype hype most of you seem forced to regurgitate over and over again as if the cock of heath ledger keeps forcing your gag reflex even from the grave.

whottt
07-23-2008, 01:08 AM
For the next villain I'd go with someone like Clayface or Dr. Phosporous, or maybe the Ventriliquist....but gotta keep the horror/psychopath element going...and the Riddler and Penguin aren't really the psychopaths of the Batman world.

GuerillaBlack
07-23-2008, 02:36 AM
For the next villain I'd go with someone like Clayface or Dr. Phosporous, or maybe the Ventriliquist....but gotta keep the horror/psychopath element going...and the Riddler and Penguin aren't really the psychopaths of the Batman world.

Those villains won't work in Nolan's Batman world. Nolan is going for as realisitic as you can. Look at the Joker for an example. He doesn't fall in chemicals and his skin gets bleached. Instead, he puts makeup on himself. Less comic booky that way and more believable.

peewee's lovechild
07-23-2008, 08:30 AM
I thought Ledger was very good, but he didn't seperate himself from Jack's version that much.

What????

You can't be serious here.

You don't know a thing about either performance with a post like this.

peewee's lovechild
07-23-2008, 08:31 AM
If it were up to you guys, who do you think could be a perfect Riddler?

David Tennant

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0855039/

peewee's lovechild
07-23-2008, 08:36 AM
Hey dickless, I may have laughed when I prophesized this torrent of heath nut garbling, I may have beat a dead horse twenty times over saying how lame it was his death helped this movie succeed, I may have made fun of others for talking about dark knight at infinitum and creating more threads when twelve fucking threads were already present, I may have said you're gay for loving this movie and making it out to be some great epic accomplishment, but really, when have I truly hated on the movie itself?

I even admitted that I will end up seeing it, which places it in a level totally different from that of, say, Ocean's (insert number here), or a Pixar film, or a spoof movie...

So why don't you shut the fuck up and drink a shiner, or at least promise me you'll stop making more Dark Knight threads.
I always planned on seeing this movie, and I will probably like it, i never hinted otherwise....but that doesn't mean I think it'll be worth the 9 bucks I spend to see it, much less worthy of all the fucking hype hype hype most of you seem forced to regurgitate over and over again as if the cock of heath ledger keeps forcing your gag reflex even from the grave.

So then, shut the fuck up about all that and watch the fucking movie.

I know you're trying to look like a badass with your piece of shit posts. But, watch the god damned movied and then post your real opinions about it.

peewee's lovechild
07-23-2008, 08:37 AM
Those villains won't work in Nolan's Batman world. Nolan is going for as realisitic as you can. Look at the Joker for an example. He doesn't fall in chemicals and his skin gets bleached. Instead, he puts makeup on himself. Less comic booky that way and more believable.

I think Black Mask is the only villain that can be made in a realistic way.

I'd say that is who the new villain is going to be.

DarkReign
07-23-2008, 08:47 AM
I seen the flick yesterday. Im going to sound like a lemming here, but...

I came away disappointed knowing Ledger will never reprise his role. Hes right there with Nicholson, if not eclipsed.

He stole the movie. With that said, it was a helluva lot darker than expected. It was a really good movie, but didnt blow me away like BB.

All in all, it was well worth the theatre trip. I dont go very much.

Mister Sinister
07-23-2008, 10:18 AM
I think Black Mask is the only villain that can be made in a realistic way.

I'd say that is who the new villain is going to be.
Oh, HELL, yes! Roman Sionis for the motherfucking WIN!

Ignignokt
07-23-2008, 03:39 PM
White guilt accomplishes nothing.

Ignignokt
07-23-2008, 03:40 PM
If Mexican's owned slaves( with a couple exceptions) to the extent of whites, there would never be such thing as Brown guilt. We're way too prideful.

Ignignokt
07-23-2008, 03:44 PM
White people, just because blacks can use the N word, doesn't give you the right to act self righteous about being offended for blacks using the N word. You can never be offended, you could never understand the grasp of that word.

If Black people want to use the N word, it's their right. They are owners of the word, and they may keep it around or sink it at the bottom of the sea.

N*gger does not equate to Honky, as far as vulgarity goes.

End thread.

stretch
07-23-2008, 03:45 PM
ignignokt stfu

Ignignokt
07-23-2008, 03:46 PM
oh... what the??? wrong thread!!!! LOLZ!!

peewee's lovechild
07-23-2008, 03:46 PM
You're a fucking retarded.

Ignignokt
07-23-2008, 03:47 PM
ignignokt stfu

I sorry man, i rearry want to be riked by you.