PDA

View Full Version : If Ron Artest goes to LA, here's how it will happen

TheMadHatter
07-18-2008, 02:49 PM
http://www.sacbee.com/static/weblogs/sports/kings/archives/013938.html

Scott Howard Cooper of the SacBee has a great compromise to the existing deal. The compromise is to remove Kenny Thomas from the equation and insert Shelden Williams and Quincy Douby. LAL is in need of a backup PF since they aren't resigning Turiaf and they also get a semi-decent backup PG to increase their weak guard depth. SAC gets to dump some redundant talent and saves $5 million next year.

It may be the best SAC can hope for if nobody bites on taking back KT's toxic contract.

Sportcamper
07-18-2008, 04:11 PM
Lakers fans that I know do not want Artest…

xtremesteven33
07-18-2008, 04:23 PM
Artest would make them better defenseively of course, but nothing else really. the offense wouldnt flow as great as it did without thier passing big man that is Lamar. the reason they were so good was because of Lamar. such a mismatch for most teams.

C-Bynum
PF-Gasol
SF-Artest
SG-Bryant
PG-Fisher

looks good on paper but then they would just match up evenly with other teams.

21_Blessings
07-18-2008, 04:30 PM
Artest would make them better defenseively of course, but nothing else really. the offense wouldnt flow as great as it did without thier passing big man that is Lamar. the reason they were so good was because of Lamar. such a mismatch for most teams.

You're pretty much wrong. Lamar is too stupid to exploit mismatches. He has no jumpshot which allows to teams to sag off of him and zone up Kobe and Gasol. He has no right hand and no consistent post up game. Any good 'passing' he brings is negated by his abysmal basketball IQ and his notorious anti-clutchness.

Lamar has been shopped the past 3 seasons for a reason. Artest would make the Lakers a better team on both ends of the court.

Findog
07-18-2008, 04:37 PM
You're pretty much wrong. Lamar is too stupid to exploit mismatches. He has no jumpshot which allows to teams to sag off of him and zone up Kobe and Gasol. He has no right hand and no consistent post up game. Any good 'passing' he brings is negated by his abysmal basketball IQ and his notorious anti-clutchness.

Lamar has been shopped the past 3 seasons for a reason. Artest would make the Lakers a better team on both ends of the court.

lol 21 Blessings

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98609

What a vagina

IronMexican
07-18-2008, 04:42 PM
Idk any Laker fans that want Odumb.

He couldn't even post up Posey.

TheMadHatter
07-18-2008, 04:46 PM

C-Bynum
PF-Gasol
SF-Artest
SG-Bryant
PG-Fisher

looks good on paper but then they would just match up evenly with other teams.

Horrible assessment. When Lamar moves to SF next season all of his weaknesses (midrange/3pt shooting, perimeter D, dribbling with his right) will be magnified. He is a great passing bigman at the 4, but at the 3 he is a liability because of his inability to spread the floor.

With Artest you get lock down defense, good midrange/3pt shooting, and another guy besides Kobe who can get his own shot off at any time. It would definitely make the Lakers a bigger threat on both ends of the floor. Triangle spacing is preserved and it makes it much harder for teams like BOS to throw their pseudo-zone at Kobe.

xtremesteven33
07-18-2008, 04:57 PM

dont try and blame your playoff loses on Odom. it was a team loss. you dont get blown out by 38 points and lose a 20+ point lead in the 3rd with one players "anti-clutchness". giving up Odom would be a big loss for the Lakers. i think he fit in perfectly with thier triangle offense and could pretty much play all positions except the 5 rather well. sure hes not a great shooter but you cant have it all.

Artest wil make them better defensively but hes not a great facilitator nor a great team player. and that is what is needed in the triangle.if i were the Lakers id stick with Odom and hope that Bynum stays healthy next year.

Radmonovic is the guys that needs to go.

LakeShow
07-18-2008, 07:41 PM
Lakers fans that I know do not want Artest…

I would like to have Artest but not at any cost. There is always the fear of the unknown with Ron. With Bynum coming back Odom moves to the 4th option. Odom would be cool with that but would Ron? Maybe, but Maybe NOT! The maybe not is what bothers me. If the Lakers decide to move Lamar for Ron, i'll stand by them but I would be just as content if they did nothing with Artest. Artest fucked up everything when he didn't opt out. It's a different ballgame now.

Odom knows the system and works hard. With Bynum and Ariza now healthy to play, Odom could be used in so many ways, at the 1,2,3 and 4 They still would be impossible to match up with.

I see the pros and cons both ways but I'm down with it either way!

Ill Cosby
07-18-2008, 09:13 PM
Artest would give Kobe a haymaker

He isn't gonna be able to mentally abuse a Queens nigga like he does Sasha LOL