PDA

View Full Version : Spanish Newspaper Suns second round pick..

ducks
07-18-2008, 07:53 PM
In an interview with a Spanish Newspaper Suns second round pick, and heir apparent to Steve Nash, Goran Dragic says he will remain in Spain for the upcoming season.

“It is true the Suns wanted me on board, but I think the best for me is to go to Spain and try to find my niche with Baskonia.”

That’s right Suns fans another option to back-up Steve Nash is off the table. The worst part is this time they are being turned down by a player they own the rights to.

The $1.5 million buyout, of which the Suns could only pay $500k, was probably a major deterrent for Dragic. Although I’m pretty sure Steve Nash would have thrown in the extra $1 million just to ensure he doesn’t have to play all 48 minutes at this point.

With Dragic off the list that means the Suns are officially down to Jason Williams, Sam Cassell, a trade or the guy who sells hot dogs.

The trade route is the most intriguing for me, although I’ve heard the hot dog guy has a mean jumper. If the Suns could find a way to land a player like a Travis Diener from Indiana they might be able to solve their problem. Diener is still a younger player who has shown the ability to pass the ball in his brief playing career. He averaged over 6 points and 3 assists in 20 minutes of play last season for the Pacers and would be a guy who could run the point without hurting the team.

An outside the box option that I’ve heard suggested is letting Boris Diaw run the point. While I applaud people’s creativity it doesn’t make a whole lot of sense to move Diaw around once he finds his comfort zone, just ask Atlanta about Diaw as a point guard.
One outside the box option however might be Grant Hill. He is one of the best ball handlers on the team. If Diaw is seeing a lot of time at the small forward spot it could free up Hill to fill back up need.

None of these are ideal options for this season but for the Suns sake let’s hope Dragic decides to join the Suns next season and doesn’t turn into the next Milos Vujanic (if you don’t get the reference neither does anyone else because he never played in the NBA).http://azsportshub.com/2008/07/18/another-one-bites-the-dust-dragic-to-stay-in-spain/

romad_20
07-18-2008, 10:30 PM
Suckers.

anakha
07-18-2008, 10:47 PM
That Hairston-Dragic trade/highway robbery is starting to look better and better.

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-18-2008, 10:59 PM
I'm liking this for Dragic's personal development. He now has a chance to solidify himself as a force in Europe.

And fuck the Suns. Splitter them, Goran.

RonMexico
07-19-2008, 01:34 PM
I have $1 million to give Goran.

I have no problem with Hill or Diaw at point-forward, but I wanted Diener or Steve Blake over two years ago, so hopefully we can grab one like them. Sam I Am might be over the hill and I'm not sure how much I want to watch J-Will jack up 3 pointers on a 4-on-1 break.

RonMexico
07-19-2008, 01:38 PM
I know he didn't make it with the Nets last year, but the Suns might want to look into Jay Williams and see if he's got anything to offer. You know he'll come on the cheap and after the motorcycle accident, he's probably still willing to work his ass off to be in the league.

I honestly don't have much problem with a guy like Strawberry (who has looked good in the summer league) running the point or even starting in spots. I think Terry Porter's offense will be unlike Mike D'Antoni's in that it won't need the point guard to dictate everything out there and put so much pressure on the position.

SenorSpur
07-19-2008, 02:22 PM
I know he didn't make it with the Nets last year, but the Suns might want to look into Jay Williams and see if he's got anything to offer. You know he'll come on the cheap and after the motorcycle accident, he's probably still willing to work his ass off to be in the league.

I honestly don't have much problem with a guy like Strawberry (who has looked good in the summer league) running the point or even starting in spots. I think Terry Porter's offense will be unlike Mike D'Antoni's in that it won't need the point guard to dictate everything out there and put so much pressure on the position.

Jay Williams is done! If he were still interested in still playing, we would've heard about another one of his comeback efforts. It's clear that he's moved on with his life after basketball.

T Park
07-19-2008, 05:58 PM
:lol

Hes never coming Suns fan NEVER :lmao

Bwa hahahah

Spurtacus
07-19-2008, 06:00 PM
Ha Ha HA

manufor3
07-19-2008, 06:29 PM
Ha Ha HA

+1

tlongII
07-19-2008, 06:35 PM
Who gives a crap about the Suns.......or the Spurs for that matter? They are YESTERDAY'S NEWS!

ChumpDumper
07-19-2008, 06:50 PM
You care because you read and responded, dumbass.

SPURSGOAT
07-19-2008, 09:48 PM
:lol

Hes never coming Suns fan NEVER :lmao

Bwa hahahah

hahaha! nice move by Pop and RC.. lol!

Darthkiller
07-19-2008, 10:16 PM
If strawberry can play well next year then i don give a fuck about goran dragic.

RonMexico
07-20-2008, 03:51 AM
Suns will probably end up signing Darius Miles just to F with Portland's cap.

RonMexico
07-20-2008, 03:52 AM
P.S. Suns could have had Rudy Fernandez right now... I'm sure they've put that $3m Portland gave them to good use.

pauls931
07-20-2008, 10:44 AM
Not sure why everyone is orgasmic about this. It was apparent when they first got his rights that it was very likely he would no play for a year. The part I'm dissapointed in is not him playing for the suns and contributing this year, but not getting as much time to learn from Nash now for the future.

Pero
07-20-2008, 02:03 PM
I didn't know NBA teams could draft Spanish newspapers.

SenorSpur
07-20-2008, 04:09 PM
I hope that, after this year, Tau Ceramica re-ups Gragic with a brand, new, shiny multi-year contract - similar to the one offered to Splitter. Hopefully, they'll make him an offer he cannot refuse.

RonMexico
07-21-2008, 09:15 AM
I think Goran needs to visit Phoenix and realize it's much better than living in Spain.

LocosPorJuana
07-21-2008, 09:42 AM
I think Goran needs to visit Phoenix and realize it's much better than living in Spain.

Ron mexico, It's the dog days of summer, so please understand that my sarcasm meter is down. I hope you were being funny with that comment. :p:

pauls931
07-21-2008, 10:43 AM

Wait til later in the year. It would be dissapointing for him to die from dehydration minutes after stepping off the plane.