PDA

View Full Version : Yuriorkis Gamboa

Whisky Dog
07-18-2008, 08:43 PM
Kid is about to fight on ESPN2 tonight...

If you haven't seen him he's worth the time to check out. Unbelievable skills, hand and foot speed, and pure talent. His only drawback right now is he is incredibly raw and needs to learn to be disciplined in his approach and execution. As well as quit leaving the hands down.

Evan
07-18-2008, 08:53 PM
who?

Whisky Dog
07-18-2008, 08:58 PM
Watch ESPN2 in a bit and find out. One of the best looking up and coming boxers there is. Has young Roy Jones type speed.

Evan
07-18-2008, 09:03 PM
Watch ESPN2 in a bit and find out. One of the best looking up and coming boxers there is. Has young Roy Jones type speed.

Alright cool...just turned it on.

Evan
07-18-2008, 09:04 PM
is Joe Jr wearing a dress?

Whisky Dog
07-18-2008, 09:10 PM
Joe Jr needs a new fashion consultant.

Neither of these guys is very skilled, but they're pounding on each other. Fairly entertaining opening bout.

2centsworth
07-18-2008, 09:22 PM
who?

I'm willing to bet that most people who watch the MMA fights can't describe who 3 out of the following fighters are:
Anderson Silva (#1 Middleweight in the World)* vs. James Irvin (at Light Heavyweight)
-Frankie Edgar vs. Hermes Franca
-Brandon Vera vs. Reese Andy
-Anthony Johnson vs. Kevin Burns

Evan
07-18-2008, 09:43 PM
I'm willing to bet that most people who watch the MMA fights can't describe who 3 out of the following fighters are:
Anderson Silva (#1 Middleweight in the World)* vs. James Irvin (at Light Heavyweight)

This is a boxing thread. Why must you troll with MMA stuff?

Whisky Dog
07-18-2008, 09:44 PM
He knocked that boy the fuck out.

djohn14
07-18-2008, 09:47 PM

What....I wont get into great detail, but ill tell you the basics

*Anderson Silva...nickname-spider...quite possibly the best pound for pound fighter ever is moving up weight classes. Pin point accuracy with great gound skills as well...master of the clinch

James Irvin...nickname-sand man...great striker...nuthin more...coming from a "superman punch" KO over Houston Alexander

Frankie Edgar...nickname-the answer...Great wrestler...not much more

*Hermes Franca...Great ground skills to go along with KO power coming from crazy punches

Brandon Vera...nickname-the truth...very cocky...once thought to be the future of the UFC...very good stricker

Reese Andy...nickname-riptide...IFL vet...35 years old...hes decent...but I think they are trying to build Vera up by giving him a fight he should win...

Kevin Burnes....Ill be honest...I dont know much about him, but from his fight against black belt Roan Carnero whom he beat....he has great jiu jitsu

*Anthony Johnson...nickname-formally I aint nobodys bitch...now Rumble...24 year old, extremly athletic...great striker.....GREAT..

*some of my favorite fighters*

Evan
07-18-2008, 09:47 PM

I would have enjoyed it much better had that MMA idiot not shown up.

2centsworth
07-18-2008, 09:48 PM

kid looks good, but like Teddy Atlas mentioned Seger was a tomato can. Let's see him against better comp, but so far so good.

Whisky Dog
07-18-2008, 09:50 PM
That kid tried his best to tie up inside but Gamboa was damn aggressive sliding out of the clinch. I just wish we could have seen the combos I saw the kid throw in the other fight I saw him in.

2centsworth
07-18-2008, 09:51 PM
That kid tried his best to tie up inside but Gamboa was damn aggressive sliding out of the clinch. I just wish we could have seen the combos I saw the kid throw in the other fight I saw him in.

he did exactly what he was expected to do which is a very good sign.

Whisky Dog
07-18-2008, 09:54 PM
kid looks good, but like Teddy Atlas mentioned Seger was a tomato can. Let's see him against better comp, but so far so good.

Im interested to watch the kid when that happens. He still has some mental and focus flaws to correct before he steps up to the big boys. He has all the raw tools to be a bad mofo... speed, power, accuracy, feet.

Evan
07-18-2008, 09:54 PM
I like how Gamboa can't speak for himself and needs two people to hold him and interpret questions and lead answers.

pathetic

2centsworth
07-18-2008, 09:58 PM
I like how Gamboa can't speak for himself and needs two people to hold him and interpret questions and leans answers.

pathetic
:lol you bigoted bastard, making fun of the guy cause he needs a translator.

Evan
07-18-2008, 10:01 PM
:lol you bigoted bastard, making fun of the guy cause he needs a translator.

Why do they have to hold him in place like he's looking for his baseball?

Whisky Dog
07-18-2008, 10:02 PM
I don't care if he can't count to 11, just as long as he can count to 10.

Evan
07-18-2008, 10:08 PM
I don't care if he can't count to 11, just as long as he can count to 10.

fair enough

Whisky Dog
07-18-2008, 10:15 PM
I rewound the interview and it does look funny as hell. Probably a case of everyone wants their mug on espn2

Evan
07-18-2008, 10:19 PM
I rewound the interview and it does look funny as hell. Probably a case of everyone wants their mug on espn2

I agree. It really is as simple as that.

mexicanjunior
07-28-2008, 12:29 PM
He looked good against Seegler but he had a hard time the fight I saw him in on HBO (against Darling I think). I recall him being knocked down and having to go the distance to pull the win out. He's good but I'm not ready to call him a cant miss prospect yet...

LEONARD
07-28-2008, 12:41 PM
LOL @ Evan :lol