PDA

View Full Version : Turiaf officially a Warrior

200 miles
07-18-2008, 10:33 PM
I wonder how much this affects the Lakers without a solid backup center.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3496084

ducks
07-18-2008, 10:34 PM
spurs hopefully have an agreement with thomas

hopefully lakers do not call horry

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-18-2008, 10:35 PM
Once Bynum goes down, they're screwed.

urunobili
07-18-2008, 10:37 PM
shot is is a bump on our way to thomas... as much as i love horry... he may end up in LA again...

Guajalote
07-18-2008, 10:42 PM
shot is is a bump on our way to thomas... as much as i love horry... he may end up in LA again...

I'm not so sure. The way that the Lakers threw Horry under the bus after his "slump" in 2004, I think he may go Eastern Conference if he doesn't hook back up with us. I don't imagine that Detroit or Cleveland would mind too terribly having him on their roster.

SPURSGOAT
07-18-2008, 10:44 PM
I'm not so sure. The way that the Lakers threw Horry under the bus after his "slump" in 2004, I think he may go Eastern Conference if he doesn't hook back up with us. I don't imagine that Detroit or Cleveland would mind too terribly having him on their roster.

I could see maybe Boston too going after him.

urunobili
07-18-2008, 10:50 PM
I could see maybe Boston too going after him.

well their lost their glue guy in Posey so.. who knows...

angelbelow
07-18-2008, 11:12 PM
the good news is, the lakers cant offer more than the spurs can.

WayOutWest
07-19-2008, 12:33 AM
I thought Horry wanted to say close to home, Houston, because of the issues with his daughter?

rj215
07-19-2008, 12:58 AM
I thought Horry wanted to say close to home, Houston, because of the issues with his daughter?

It would be awful if he ends up a Mav or Rocket....I mean losing in the first round of the playoffs wouldn't be the right way to end a great career...

Guajalote
07-19-2008, 01:05 AM
Well, turning this thread back toward its intended topic (:lol),

I'm glad for Turiaf. I went to college near Gonzaga, so I'm glad for him.

Plus, with all of his heart issues hopefully behind him, I hope he has many years ahead of him. Congrats on the payday that I could only dream about. :toast

IronMexican
07-19-2008, 02:52 AM
Horry wants to stay in texas,

mrspurs
07-19-2008, 08:32 AM
dang...our hopes depend on guys named horry and thomas...the lakers will get any player they want....they will send guys named denzel,jack, and then start with the lady movie stars to kurts house and say come on dude......you know we will be you again if you stay in sa..........over here you will get paid to enjoy the end of your career, come in and play from time to time.....if you stay in sa, you will be depended on like your life is at stake, the pressure at your age will be overwhelming......tick tock tick tock........

turiaf for president
07-19-2008, 10:40 AM
im happy for ronny. for those of you who didnt watch him play, he was the consummate teammate. having attended a few home games in person, the man would come out early and joke with his teammates, play horse, talk to reporters and always had a smile on his face. he will be missed tremendously.

i think most laker fans will agree that he will be cheered when he visits the staples center with the warriors

DDS4
07-19-2008, 11:07 AM
Good pickup by the Warriors.

Spurtacus
07-19-2008, 11:18 AM
Good for the Warriors. Bad for us if the Lakers are pursuing Thomas.

KB24 MVP
07-19-2008, 07:13 PM

hahaha and this comment comes from a lottery team lol

Spurtacus
07-19-2008, 07:14 PM

He's a Spurs fan.

JamStone
07-19-2008, 07:17 PM

Turiaf averaged 10 minutes a game in the playoffs... without Bynum on the Lakers playoff roster. Sure, it will affect the Lakers if and when they have frontcourt injuries. Even with Turiaf, they'd be affected with frontcourt injuries.

As much as I think Turiaf wanted to remain a Laker (I'm just guessing), I think he realized he has more of an opportunity to play with the Warriors and it's better for his career if he wants to be more than a spot role player. With Bynum returning, Turiaf stood to lose the most playing time.

KB24 MVP
07-19-2008, 07:18 PM
He's a Spurs fan.

mmmm same thing in 2 or 3 years tops the spurs will be in the lottery 2 =S

TheMadHatter
07-19-2008, 07:46 PM
The Spurs will never be in the lottery as long as Duncan, Parker, and Ginobili are all playing.

KB24 MVP
07-19-2008, 08:06 PM
if u say so only Parker is kinda young TD can still play very good but Ginobili breaks down alot

SequSpur
07-19-2008, 08:08 PM
Well after we sign Sasha, the Lakers are through.

KB24 MVP
07-19-2008, 08:26 PM
Well after we sign Sasha, the Lakers are through.

hahahahaha we didnt even need Bynum and Ariza 2 finish u off in 5 so now we get Bynum n Ariza back and lets just say no Sasha fuuuuuck more than enough 2 sweep them Spurs

SequSpur
07-19-2008, 08:44 PM
hahahahaha we didnt even need Bynum and Ariza 2 finish u off in 5 so now we get Bynum n Ariza back and lets just say no Sasha fuuuuuck more than enough 2 sweep them Spurs

lick balls.

KB24 MVP
07-19-2008, 08:59 PM
u know its true go ahead and talk shit 2 feel better or whatever idk

DPG21920
07-19-2008, 09:06 PM
if u say so only Parker is kinda young TD can still play very good but Ginobili breaks down alot

Says Bynum, Mihm and Ariza

spurman20
07-19-2008, 09:16 PM

A healthy spurs team will beat you in 5. Good luck next yr when Kobe starts cryn about not getting the 1 seed. I have a prediction for you. Lakers meet Phx in first round, Lose in 6.

Write it down!

KB24 MVP
07-19-2008, 09:32 PM
Says Bynum, Mihm and Ariza

hahahahaha good one we dont need them anyways 2 put u down in 5 hahaha

Spurtacus
07-19-2008, 09:33 PM
mmmm same thing in 2 or 3 years tops the spurs will be in the lottery 2 =S

You've lost all credibility on these boards. I suggest posting at Lakers forum. You'll find many opinions to be similar to yours.

KB24 MVP
07-19-2008, 09:34 PM
A healthy spurs team will beat you in 5. Good luck next yr when Kobe starts cryn about not getting the 1 seed. I have a prediction for you. Lakers meet Phx in first round, Lose in 6.

Write it down!

healthy this healthy that we lost 2 the celts n didnt bitch about Bynum at least ur guys played. we dont need ur sorry ass prediction ill tell u whats up Spurs in the lottery in 3 to 4 years tops

underdawg
07-19-2008, 10:19 PM
healthy this healthy that we lost 2 the celts n didnt bitch about Bynum at least ur guys played. we dont need ur sorry ass prediction ill tell u whats up Spurs in the lottery in 3 to 4 years tops

laugh all you want, but we didn't get embarassed in the finals. Sure, would have been nice to have been there but to get bitch slapped liked that has to be embarassing - what was the score of the final game?

manufor3
07-19-2008, 10:28 PM
laugh all you want, but we didn't get embarassed in the finals. Sure, would have been nice to have been there but to get bitch slapped liked that has to be embarassing - what was the score of the final game?

:toast

manufor3
07-19-2008, 10:29 PM

once duncan goes we'd be in the 13 seed in the lottery-6 or 7th seed

duncan228
07-19-2008, 10:30 PM
what was the score of the final game?

131-92 :)

spurman20
07-19-2008, 11:13 PM

Sorry it took so long to respond, I was watching Kobe's bitching tape....It just went on and on. All you Laker fans on Bynums bandwagon, this is the most overrated player in the NBA.

The best think to happen to the lakers was his injury. Gasol at the 5 makes you guys a much more difficult matchup. Move him to the 4 and it will hurt his productivity, Odom to the 3 will take away his speed advantage over 4s.

Plus Bynum will clog up the driving lanes. Why do you think even Kobe was calling for him to be traded last year.

All we heard about durning the season and playoffs is Kobes injury, Bynums knee, so dont give me that. Spurs play ball injured or not and dont make excuses. Any ass clown can see Manu was badly injured.

Shaq and Phx beat LA in 6 and make Kobe eat his ass!!!!

spurman20
07-19-2008, 11:14 PM

Only an asshole would hang out in another teams chat room.

Kobe will never win another ring. Believe that!

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-19-2008, 11:15 PM

I'm no lottery team. I'm just your average NBA fan. I don't think it's even possible for one person to be a team.

DPG21920
07-20-2008, 01:50 AM
I'm no lottery team. I'm just your average NBA fan. I don't think it's even possible for one person to be a team.

I almost cried laughing. It sounded like a Ron Burgundy post.

Sissiborgo
07-20-2008, 09:46 AM
pff stupid

KB24 MVP
07-20-2008, 10:34 AM
Sorry it took so long to respond, I was watching Kobe's bitching tape....It just went on and on. All you Laker fans on Bynums bandwagon, this is the most overrated player in the NBA.

The best think to happen to the lakers was his injury. Gasol at the 5 makes you guys a much more difficult matchup. Move him to the 4 and it will hurt his productivity, Odom to the 3 will take away his speed advantage over 4s.

Plus Bynum will clog up the driving lanes. Why do you think even Kobe was calling for him to be traded last year.

All we heard about durning the season and playoffs is Kobes injury, Bynums knee, so dont give me that. Spurs play ball injured or not and dont make excuses. Any ass clown can see Manu was badly injured.

Shaq and Phx beat LA in 6 and make Kobe eat his ass!!!!

U a comedian huh kinda made me laugh good one later when we meet during the season and kick ur asses then after that happens u can bitch all u want.
*Shaq and Phoenix 2 down us in 6 ok 1st wtf r u sayng were talking about the Spurs and Lakers so dont bring any other teams 2 this makes u look bad

KB24 MVP
07-20-2008, 10:34 AM

ohhh and out of all the teams u HAD 2 pick the Jail Blazers

KB24 MVP
07-20-2008, 10:37 AM

and 2 bitch slap ur ass back 2 SA in 5 felt good repeat this n that pure bull gettin older gettin older while were still very young n u know it.

underdawg
07-20-2008, 10:58 AM
and 2 bitch slap ur ass back 2 SA in 5 felt good repeat this n that pure bull gettin older gettin older while were still very young n u know it.

That might be so, but in a few years nobody's going to remember the faker's WCF win. However, they will remember that ass beatin the fakers took in the Finals. Besides - there's a difference between us giving you that series (see game 1) and the Celtics taking the series away from y'all like they did (fakers were the favorites.) It's kinda like the big kid taking the toy away from the little kid on the playground. All the little kid can do is sit and cry.

KB24 MVP
07-20-2008, 11:10 AM
That might be so, but in a few years nobody's going to remember the faker's WCF win. However, they will remember that ass beatin the fakers took in the Finals. Besides - there's a difference between us giving you that series (see game 1) and the Celtics taking the series away from y'all like they did (fakers were the favorites.) It's kinda like the big kid taking the toy away from the little kid on the playground. All the little kid can do is sit and cry.

Still bitchin about that 2 huh look just like last time were talking here about the Spurs and Lakers so wtf u invlove more teams in this i mean ur team aint got nothing on us so u involve other teams and say Celts beat u or PHX will beat u come on stick 2 ur own team

underdawg
07-20-2008, 11:23 AM
Still bitchin about that 2 huh look just like last time were talking here about the Spurs and Lakers so wtf u invlove more teams in this i mean ur team aint got nothing on us so u involve other teams and say Celts beat u or PHX will beat u come on stick 2 ur own team

I'm sorry - is that ass beatin the Celtics gave y'all still too hurtful to talk about. The fact is that the fakers were exposed for the sorry ass team they are. They got a worthless team of Denver for the 1st round, a still young and not quite ready to compete team of Utah in the 2nd round and then a tired and injured team of the Spurs - not a tough path to the Finals and not one to brag about. Your team was exposed and the reality is they will have a tough time competing next year. Everybody that made the playoffs (except Denver) will be better and Portland takes Denver's spot. Lakers might make it out of the 1st round, but that will be it.

The Franchise
07-20-2008, 11:26 AM

None of this chest bumping will be settled until these two teams meet, and are healthy.

KB24 MVP
07-20-2008, 11:35 AM
I'm sorry - is that ass beatin the Celtics gave y'all still too hurtful to talk about. The fact is that the fakers were exposed for the sorry ass team they are. They got a worthless team of Denver for the 1st round, a still young and not quite ready to compete team of Utah in the 2nd round and then a tired and injured team of the Spurs - not a tough path to the Finals and not one to brag about. Your team was exposed and the reality is they will have a tough time competing next year. Everybody that made the playoffs (except Denver) will be better and Portland takes Denver's spot. Lakers might make it out of the 1st round, but that will be it.

ohh ok ur done..? cause ur still goin back 2 put other teams in this cause urs aint good enough why u didnt talk about ur own who might not get more farther then the 2nd round but quick 2 involve other teams aginst the Lakers.

KB24 MVP
07-20-2008, 11:38 AM
None of this chest bumping will be settled until these two teams meet, and are healthy.

good finally a person here that understands and does not involve other teams but the teams that were talkin about which are Lakers and Spurs.And it had 2 come from a Rocket fan cause these Spurs Fans or whatever would never say something like this unless they involve the Celts or PHX 2 down us

iggypop123
07-21-2008, 04:34 PM
http://content.ytmnd.com/content/7/b/f/7bf05aef3007f7cbac25c1519084d6cd.gif

ulosturedge
07-21-2008, 04:52 PM
This thread has been totally derailed lol.

Btw you get no points for 2nd place. Good try though.

LakeShow
07-21-2008, 09:59 PM
A tribute to Ronny Turiaf (http://lakers.freedomblogging.com/2008/07/21/a-tribute-to-ronny-turiaf/)

July 21st, 2008, 10:57 am · posted by KEITH SHARON, OCREGISTER.COM

He could dance. He could scream. He could defend the post. But he wasn’t worth $17 million for four years. At least that’s what the Lakers thought.
Here’s a tribute to the Lakers top cheerleader and chemistry guy.

4hi-h160mXs

1Parker1
07-22-2008, 08:35 AM
Gasol and Bynum have proven to be injury prone as of late. If they go down, Lakers frontcourt will be thin.

JamStone
07-22-2008, 08:49 AM
Even with Turiaf, if Bynum or Gasol go down, the Lakers will have problems.

Bynum didn't play in the playoffs, and Turiaf still only got 10 minutes a game.

It's a loss, no doubt. But, some of you make it seem like it's much worse for the Lakers than it really is.