PDA

View Full Version : tony parker want to stay all his carreer in san antonio

fred33
07-19-2008, 12:41 AM
interview 17 july - Resterez-vous chez les Spurs de San Antonio pour la fin de votre carrière ?

- Il me reste trois ans de contrat et je souhaite connaître un seul club américain, celui des Spurs. Maintenant, on verra ce qui m’est proposé et quels sont les joueurs qui composent encore l’équipe. Cela dépend en particulier de la présence ou non de Tim Duncan et Manu Ginobili mais mon souhait, c’est de faire toute ma carrière chez les Spurs.

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-19-2008, 12:42 AM
Good

ducks
07-19-2008, 12:42 AM
loyal to unloyal fans

duncan228
07-19-2008, 12:45 AM
Can you translate it for us fred33?

Solid D
07-19-2008, 12:46 AM
Google translator not so bad this time...

july 17 interview - Resterez you Spurs in San Antonio for the end of your career?

-- I still have three years of contract and I want to know a single American club, the Spurs. Now we'll see what I proposed and what are the players who still make up the team. It depends in particular the presence or absence of Tim Duncan and Manu Ginobili but my desire is to do my whole career with the Spurs

ducks
07-19-2008, 12:47 AM
smart words

duncan228
07-19-2008, 12:47 AM
Thanks Solid D.

honestfool84
07-19-2008, 12:48 AM
yeah.
what did that say?

google translation anyone?

ah, what the heck.

Resterez you at the San Antonio Spurs for the end of your career?

-- I still have three years of contract and I want to know a single American club, the Spurs. Now we'll see what I proposed and what are the players who still make up the team. It depends in particular the presence or absence of Tim Duncan and Manu Ginobili but my desire is to do my whole career with the Spurs.

ducks
smart words he must have more then a high school education:downspin::downspin::lol

anakha
Rough translation has him stating that he has three years remaining on his contract, but he wants to play his whole career in San Antonio. Resigning with the team, of course, also depends on the status and standing of Duncan and Ginobili with the team by then.

EDIT: Damn, I'm slow. :lol

jag
07-19-2008, 12:51 AM
loyal to unloyal fans

Exactly. If i were him i'd take my show on the road (probably to LA) and then maybe the SA fans might notice what they were missing.

At least SA would still have their Manu. :rolleyes

ElNono
07-19-2008, 01:02 AM
Not gonna happen. If he's around after TD retires (along with Pop), we'll go in rebuild mode and he'll probably go away.

JPB
07-19-2008, 01:11 AM
interview 17 july - Resterez-vous chez les Spurs de San Antonio pour la fin de votre carrière ?

- Il me reste trois ans de contrat et je souhaite connaître un seul club américain, celui des Spurs. Maintenant, on verra ce qui m’est proposé et quels sont les joueurs qui composent encore l’équipe. Cela dépend en particulier de la présence ou non de Tim Duncan et Manu Ginobili mais mon souhait, c’est de faire toute ma carrière chez les Spurs.

- Will you stay with the spurs for the remaining of your carrer ?

- "I still have three years left on my contract and I wish I play for only one US team, the spurs. Now, we'll see what I'm proposed and what players will still be on team. It particulary depends on the presence of Tim Duncan and Manu Ginobili but my wish is to spend my whole career with the spurs."

raspsa
07-19-2008, 01:19 AM
I really didn't expect him to say anything else, specially since he has several years left on his contract. Rest assured come renewal time he'll decide based on what's ih his best interests at that future time.. hopefully his interest and those of the Spurs are the same in the future.

SPURSGOAT
07-19-2008, 01:28 AM
I really didn't expect him to say anything else, specially since he has several years left on his contract. Rest assured come renewal time he'll decide based on what's ih his best interests at that future time.. hopefully his interest and those of the Spurs are the same in the future.

Maybe by the time that rolls around then maybe Hill will ready to take over if he decides to leave...yah never know...:blah

Pucho!!!
07-19-2008, 01:31 AM
He'll stay because eventually the transition will occur from Duncan's team to Tony's team besides when the time comes for an extension the Spurs FO will be ready to top all suitors :toast

raspsa
07-19-2008, 01:46 AM
This raises the question '' Does TP have what it takes to be a Franchise Player for the Spurs or will he alway be under Duncan's shadow?" I honestly think he's more of a high-impact niche player rather than someone who can carry the franchise over multiple seasons.

wijayas
07-19-2008, 02:05 AM
Exactly. If i were him i'd take my show on the road (probably to LA) and then maybe the SA fans might notice what they were missing. At least SA would still have their Manu. :rolleyes

TP will take his career to Lakers because of wife Eva. Can you imagine how scary Lakers could have become?

wijayas
07-19-2008, 02:06 AM
This raises the question '' Does TP have what it takes to be a Franchise Player for the Spurs or will he alway be under Duncan's shadow?" I honestly think he's more of a high-impact niche player rather than someone who can carry the franchise over multiple seasons.

Agree. :toast :toast
TP needs a big man to win championship. Since 1990s, only MJ won championship without a dominant big man.

MaNuMaNiAc
07-19-2008, 02:28 AM
Exactly. If i were him i'd take my show on the road (probably to LA) and then maybe the SA fans might notice what they were missing.

At least SA would still have their Manu. :rolleyes

Notice how nobody says shit anymore when TP nuthuggers like yourself like to start the whole Tony vs Manu shit all over again? GIVE IT THE FUCK UP!

P.S. There was never any doubt in my mind TP would want to finish his career along side Tim and Manu. Unlike idiots like JAG and Ducks over there, TP sees no animosity towards Manu, nor does Manu towards him. The sooner you idiots get that through your head, the better we will all be

Kori Ellis
07-19-2008, 02:47 AM
TP will take his career to Lakers because of wife Eva...

Doubt it. Eva's a Texas girl. They seem to love San Antonio and who knows if she'll even be acting a few years from now. She might be happy just being a mom and wife by then.

IronMexican
07-19-2008, 02:51 AM
Agree. :toast :toast
TP needs a big man to win championship. Since 1990s, only MJ won championship without a dominant big man.

Pistons.

anakha
07-19-2008, 02:52 AM
Pistons.

Especially considering who was playing center for the team they were facing in the Finals.

angelbelow
07-19-2008, 02:57 AM
he'll be a spur for life.

IronMexican
07-19-2008, 03:02 AM
Especially considering who was playing center for the team they were facing in the Finals.

yup.

sprrs
07-19-2008, 04:28 AM
Pop will probably be around once Tim retires. Probably not a a coach, but he'll still be in the Spurs Organization.

Buddy Holly
07-19-2008, 05:08 AM
Doubt it. Eva's a Texas girl. They seem to love San Antonio and who knows if she'll even be acting a few years from now. She might be happy just being a mom and wife by then.

This is the house they're building in Anaqua Springs (www.anaquasprings.com).

http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.tmz.com/media/2008/06/0619_longoria_parker_house_pcn.jpg

JPB
07-19-2008, 05:09 AM
For what it's worth, here's some parts of the article which is extacted from a local newspaper in Fécamp, Normandie where TP organizes a camp. Diaw and Turiaf will be there too.
He spent 6 years here as a child.

"I played about 110 games, last season. I need to rest and that's why I let Michel Gomez (french NT's coach) know that I wouldn't play for France this summer.
He understood me well and even had the kindness to let NT's players play exhibition games this week-end here. They'll then go to in a camp in Vichy, where I'll try to go. Others rendez-vous will come with the NT, notably the euro champs, world champs and the olympics..."

"I'm staying in Normandie for a few days. Then, I go back to the US and get back to individual practice july the 28. I'll come back to France for the premiere of my movie "neuf" (nine in english) which will be released sept the 9 on the Champs-Elysées. In that movie, the first ten minutes will be dedicated to my childhood, with unseen pictures brought by my family."

JPB
07-19-2008, 05:10 AM
This is the house they're building in Anaqua Springs.

http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.tmz.com/media/2008/06/0619_longoria_parker_house_pcn.jpg

You mean houses !!

wijayas
07-19-2008, 07:15 AM

I sure hope Tony stays and has dozen of kids with Eva so she can concentrate as a full time mom, rather than a Hollywood starlet. Go Tony! Stay a Spurs.

wijayas
07-19-2008, 07:16 AM
This is the house they're building in Anaqua Springs (www.anaquasprings.com).

This is a castle!

mrspurs
07-19-2008, 08:12 AM
if and when tony leaves sa..........imo it wont be cos he's old and washed up, in 3 yrs he will still be young and smarter, he will pass the thrown down to hill and take his show to hollywood.....

urunobili
07-19-2008, 08:32 AM
TP is da man... despite they're not close outside the court in the court he, Manu and Tim mesh like no other trio in the league... TP has seen enough to know he's blessed to be around them...

way to go Parker!

Spurs Brazil
07-19-2008, 08:50 AM
I hope TD, Manu and TP follow Robinson and only play for one team.

exstatic
07-19-2008, 08:53 AM
Pistons.

+ Celtics. Garnett has never dominated anyone, least of all in the playoffs.

wijayas
07-19-2008, 08:56 AM
I hope TD, Manu and TP follow Robinson and only play for one team.

TD has been the face of the Spurs since he stepped on the court. He will play for only one team, like all great players do.

Not so sure about TP and Manu.

manufor3
07-19-2008, 09:24 AM
Good :tu

Harry Callahan
07-19-2008, 11:17 AM
Last time I checked, there is still a salary cap in the NBA. The Lakers will very likely be in no position to offer anything other than a MLE. The Clippers just signed a very overpaid and overrated Baron Davis.

In the end, money generally dictates where someone signs and if the Spurs want TP in three years, then they will have first shot at him.

Duncan (I think) has four more years on his contract right now, so he will be here unless something weird happens. Parker will very possibly be here for a good while.

GrandeDavid
07-19-2008, 11:40 AM
Of course he will say this. But when Tim and/or Manu retires, he'll be tempted.

Spurtacus
07-19-2008, 11:42 AM
I hope he stays a Spur 4 life.

duncan228
07-19-2008, 12:26 PM
Duncan (I think) has four more years on his contract right now, so he will be here unless something weird happens.

Duncan is signed through 2011-2012.

Anti.Hero
07-19-2008, 12:45 PM
Just words. Just speeches.

jag
07-19-2008, 01:18 PM
Duncan is signed through 2011-2012.

This will be when he retires. I just dont see him sticking around much longer after this.

Pop will probably be gone, and this will be a sad day in Spurs history.

duncan228
07-19-2008, 01:57 PM
This will be when he retires. I just dont see him sticking around much longer after this.

I agree.

I try not to think about it. I don't have a clue as to what I'll do when Duncan retires. I was an NBA fan before Duncan but he's brought something to the game that I know I won't find again.

Buddy Holly
07-19-2008, 02:04 PM
Nevermind. :lol

Brutalis
07-19-2008, 02:12 PM

I agree too. I mean what more is there to accomplish even now? By then his body and production will be in decline more than likely and TD is not the type of guy to prolong the inevitable.

I don't know about Pop. I see Pop being a Jerry Sloan type deal, and possibly longer.

On subject though. I can't see TP ever leaving the Spurs. and am glad he made those comments.

greens
07-19-2008, 03:07 PM
Thanks for posting the info. It's so nice to hear.

It doesn't surprise me because TP said the exact same thing a year ago. For him, it all depends on how long Tim and Manu play. Tim is signed for a few more years. So he's set. Now the Spurs just need to give Manu a contract extension. The recent articles were saying that the Spurs were offering him an extension with the hopes of him not playing in the Olympics. But since he has agreed to play for Argentina, apparently the Argentinian articles are saying that the extensions are being held off. Which to me is a bit strange.

I get the sense that Tony/Manu/Tim all like playing with each other a lot. Therefore, their careers are connected to one another. Just like their decisions. Tony likes being a Spur a lot. And I also think his devotion to the Spurs has to do with the fact that he simply likes playing alongside Manu and Timmy.

I want the Big Three to play together on the Spurs until they decide to retire. So come on, Pop, give Manu a contract extension this summer.

The Truth #6
07-19-2008, 03:48 PM
Yeah, I don't see Eva dragging Tony to LA. She hasn't gotten many film parts and her tv show won't go on forever. The career of a tv actress is short. If anything, she'll be the one to keep him in Texas.

spursfan09
07-19-2008, 06:19 PM
loyal to unloyal fans

:lol not everyone. I love my TP

Brutalis
07-19-2008, 06:32 PM
Nevermind. :lol

:toast

JamStone
07-19-2008, 07:06 PM
Good for Tony. Hopefully for him and the Spurs, that's what's best for both. I'm sure he means it. Only thing is feelings change over time and who really knows if he feels the same way when his next contract is up. While I'm sure he sees some positives at the prospect of being the franchise player, I also believe he will find things much more difficult with Manu and Tim either retired or only half the players they are in their primes. Tony may feel differently in a few years. But, I'm sure his comments were very well intended right now.

jag
07-19-2008, 07:11 PM
I agree too. I mean what more is there to accomplish even now? By then his body and production will be in decline more than likely and TD is not the type of guy to prolong the inevitable.

I don't know about Pop. I see Pop being a Jerry Sloan type deal, and possibly longer.

On subject though. I can't see TP ever leaving the Spurs. and am glad he made those comments.

I wish pop would be a Sloan type of a coach, but i know he's made comments about retiring when Duncan retires. I can see Pop working in the FO and relaxing with his wine when Duncan calls it a career. I can also see Manu retiring at around the same time.

TP will be the only questionable...he's got so much left.

timaios
07-19-2008, 08:20 PM
I wish pop would be a Sloan type of a coach, but i know he's made comments about retiring when Duncan retires. I can see Pop working in the FO and relaxing with his wine when Duncan calls it a career. I can also see Manu retiring at around the same time.

TP will be the only questionable...he's got so much left.

I can see Manu playing 10 or 15 or 20 years more !
That's Manu, he can't stop playing !

ducks
07-19-2008, 11:09 PM
I wish pop would be a Sloan type of a coach

makes sence since sloan has never won a title and is the an overrated coach

Josepatches
07-21-2008, 04:50 AM
If Parker has to be the franchise player we only will be a lottery team.

Sissiborgo
07-21-2008, 07:07 AM
He's the best!