PDA

View Full Version : I just played guitar hero for the first time

Cant_Be_Faded
07-20-2008, 01:09 AM
Just as I expected, this game is pretty gay. Actually I played Rock Band, but I was playing guitar. Never played the real guitar hero before. But I am assuming it's the same deal.

Pretttty gay. On my second try I was playing it on medium difficulty on my third try i was almost acing medium. Just like I suspected, another overrated game that can be mastered by any decent master of video games such as myself. What a lame game. Rock Band is kinda tight though only for the singing parts. I failed once singing Cherub Rock but it was still fun.

:pctoss

Dex
07-20-2008, 01:12 AM
So Rock Band is happy, or it likes other Rock Band's of the same sex?

Cant_Be_Faded
07-20-2008, 01:14 AM
I admit it's an ownworthy game if you like to have people over alot that are drinking and wanna have fun. Good party game.

But I was completely focusing on guitar....and assuming its a good measure of how guitar hero works....and like i said.....this game is so overrated you might as well call it the Ohio State Buckeyes.

Dex
07-20-2008, 01:31 AM
:lmao

I'll admit, I'll play it here or there, but I really don't see what all the hub-bub is about. It's a video game, and one I have to learn a whole new damn controller to play.

But it's nowhere near the level of douchery as DDR.

mookie2001
07-20-2008, 01:36 AM
shrda we used to have this game called turtles in time

super ghouls and ghosts

mookie2001
07-20-2008, 01:37 AM
before the war in iraq

Cant_Be_Faded
07-20-2008, 02:04 AM
My bad I almost missed the reply to this thread due to TEN FUCKING DARK KNIGHT THREADS and one dark knight prediction thread clogging up the front page of the club.

Theyyyy have this thing, called guitar hero, and you use the wammy bar when you really don't have to.

sallllssssaaaa

mookie2001
07-20-2008, 02:07 AM
bury my shell on wounded knee

Cant_Be_Faded
07-20-2008, 02:10 AM
*AT wounded knee

dumbass

Oscar DeLa
07-20-2008, 02:30 AM
i dont know what it is but this is the only club thread not dark knight related!

E20
07-20-2008, 02:39 AM
You should have tried to play the dark knight theme on there, bet it would have bloaded yoru chode.

manufor3
07-20-2008, 10:35 AM
look rock band guitar is WAAAY different from guitar hero

AFBlue
07-20-2008, 11:36 AM
Played Rock Band while drinking with some friends...bought it the next day.

Game is good for parties and fun if you like to sing.

ChumpDumper
07-20-2008, 12:02 PM
I'd invite you to a Guitar Hero contest our bars are supposed to be starting, but we'd just end up arguing about 9/11.

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-20-2008, 12:25 PM
They're good games, but the setlist is always shit. I wish there was a way we didn't have to settle for the Marketplace on Live shit and just download whatever songs we want.

J.T.
07-20-2008, 12:45 PM
Guitar Hero is just a glorified mixtape with subpar song selection. Haven't played Rock Band, but I hear it has Foreplay/Long Time on it, so that song alone instantly makes it a better game than Guitar Hero.

Cry Havoc
07-20-2008, 01:11 PM
I admit it's an ownworthy game if you like to have people over alot that are drinking and wanna have fun. Good party game.

But I was completely focusing on guitar....and assuming its a good measure of how guitar hero works....and like i said.....this game is so overrated you might as well call it the Ohio State Buckeyes.

Try Guitar Hero on Expert. Go ahead. It will humble you. Medium is pathetically easy.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=rDnuERh9XQs

Yep. SO EASY.

Dex
07-20-2008, 02:38 PM
Try Guitar Hero on Expert. Go ahead. It will humble you. Medium is pathetically easy.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=rDnuERh9XQs

Yep. SO EASY.

This is true. It's easy to act like a bigshot after rocking a few songs on Medium, but I didn't really find much challenge to the game at all until I got to Hard and beyond.

Try a couple Expert songs next time you get the chance, and then tell me it's not a slight bit impressive that some 8 year olds can seriously bust that out.

Brutalis
07-20-2008, 02:48 PM
When I played it a couple years ago I realized this game was for kids, or easily amused adults. Was so boring.

/unpopular opinion thread

thispego
07-20-2008, 08:26 PM
cbf is this true? you think this game is ok?

Trainwreck2100
07-20-2008, 08:32 PM
it's pretty eh

O-Factor
07-20-2008, 08:36 PM
Just as I expected, this game is pretty gay. Actually I played Rock Band, but I was playing guitar. Never played the real guitar hero before. But I am assuming it's the same deal.

Pretttty gay. On my second try I was playing it on medium difficulty on my third try i was almost acing medium. Just like I suspected, another overrated game that can be mastered by any decent master of video games such as myself. What a lame game. Rock Band is kinda tight though only for the singing parts. I failed once singing Cherub Rock but it was still fun.

:pctoss

Thats why Im the lead singer in my rockband. Playing the intruments are just Eh.

Sense
07-20-2008, 09:49 PM
lmao I really doubt alot of people here play expert...

seriously it is easy to give up on the game if you haven't really gone far on it...

Medium is mediocre shit.

Play some Hard or Expert.. thats when you get into the game.. I've been playing this game since it came out.. because I was already over the whole Easy, Medium, Hard, bs...

don't talk shit about a game you play easy difficulty in.

Oh and I do believe Rockband is easier than Guitar Hero 3.
and the guitars are not the same at all

Cant_Be_Faded
07-20-2008, 11:47 PM
I didn't mean that i could master this game in terms of getting perfect on expert, i meant if i played this overrated game half as much as any of you i'd put the hurt on you 1 on 1.

InRareForm
07-20-2008, 11:56 PM
ddr for the fingers

Sense
07-21-2008, 03:15 AM
I didn't mean that i could master this game in terms of getting perfect on expert, i meant if i played this overrated game half as much as any of you i'd put the hurt on you 1 on 1.

Pretttty gay. On my second try I was playing it on medium difficulty on my third try i was almost acing medium. Just like I suspected, another overrated game that can be mastered by any decent master of video games such as myself. What a lame game.

you pretty much say you can master it..

dont call it gay if you haven't... cuz I really doubt you can..
and it won't be that easy to jump from medium to expert either.

but ok.. you're a genius at videogames.. and you're a great critic.

btw ive introduced this game to alot of people... and alot of girls jump from nothing to medium too

Congrats!

sabar
07-21-2008, 04:42 AM
That's like saying you could master Super Metroid because you beat it in 12 hours when people have done it in 50 minutes.

When people dedicate themselves to something, they can do some inhuman things.

Spuradicator
07-21-2008, 10:25 AM
my thoughts on guitar hero.........people should learn to play a real instrument instead of wasting time playing a fake one.

JoeChalupa
07-21-2008, 10:48 AM

:cuss Go Buckeyes!!!

remingtonbo2001
07-21-2008, 12:27 PM
my thoughts on guitar hero.........people should learn to play a real instrument instead of wasting time playing a fake one.

+1

Try mastering Little Wing on an actual guitar.

NOT EASY.

ATRAIN
07-21-2008, 12:33 PM

I agree for the most part, HOWEVER. Its a video game. Playing GH or Rock band is to be taken as that. Those hard core people who play in tourneys and what not then yeah they prob put in too much time and could really learn how to play and a lot of them do. I dont see why there is sooo much hate for a video game. It is what it is, let it be.

Spuradicator
07-21-2008, 12:35 PM
I agree for the most part, HOWEVER. Its a video game. Playing GH or Rock band is to be taken as that. Those hard core people who play in tourneys and what not then yeah they prob put in too much time and could really learn how to play and a lot of them do. I dont see why there is sooo much hate for a video game. It is what it is, let it be.

I guess Im just over video games then. To each his own.

AFBlue
07-22-2008, 09:43 PM

But the guy actually played Rock Band...which has the guitar piece, but also karaoke and drums (no, not an actual drum set). It's a party game for large groups, and it's fun!

Try it out sometime with a group of people, you might like it.

Cant_Be_Faded
07-22-2008, 11:46 PM
you pretty much say you can master it..

dont call it gay if you haven't... cuz I really doubt you can..
and it won't be that easy to jump from medium to expert either.

but ok.. you're a genius at videogames.. and you're a great critic.

btw ive introduced this game to alot of people... and alot of girls jump from nothing to medium too

Congrats!

As is the case with most CBF posting discrepancies, I was drunk in the first post, but what I really meant was what I said in my second.
I have no respect for video games that anyone can get good at pretty easy. They're worth toying around with but hardcore gaming them is pretty faggy.
I've played enough video games in my life to figure out when a game is worth getting good at and when its just faggy. My finger independence happens to be pretty good, and considering how shitfaced I was, I can still safely say this game is overrated based on my preferences.

Cry Havoc
07-23-2008, 12:07 AM

Yes, you mockers of gaming spend your time on more important, enriching activities..... like message boards...... :lmao

Cry Havoc
07-23-2008, 12:08 AM
As is the case with most CBF posting discrepancies, I was drunk in the first post, but what I really meant was what I said in my second.
I have no respect for video games that anyone can get good at pretty easy. They're worth toying around with but hardcore gaming them is pretty faggy.
I've played enough video games in my life to figure out when a game is worth getting good at and when its just faggy. My finger independence happens to be pretty good, and considering how shitfaced I was, I can still safely say this game is overrated based on my preferences.

:lmao

Go for expert. Be humbled.