PDA

View Full Version : Bonner+ for Rasho!

lotr1trekkie
07-20-2008, 03:21 PM
Hell, we need size down low and Rasho knows the system. He was a throw in for O"Neal and would provide insurance if Ian needs another year's seasoning. Otherwise we will have to 'pay through the nose' to resign Thomas[35+] for two years. I expect to be kamikazid for even making the suggestion. I wish Splitter had signed but that being said, Rasho is a decent alternative if the Fakers offer Thomas too much. Subtract Bonner's contract + resigning Thomas then Rasho is a wash[?]. He is what he was! But he is certainly better than overpaying Thomas for 2 years. Rasho is a 7' ooter and Kurt[who I think is great for a minimum salary] isn't!

Bartleby
07-20-2008, 03:23 PM
The Spurs need more ooters, but I think the original Rasho trade was a "no backs" sort of deal.

Mal
07-20-2008, 03:33 PM
Interesting, but Spurs can`t afford it. Rasho is 8mln and Bonner is 3 mln. Sign Thomas for 5 mln ?? Kurt would be happy

RashoFan
07-20-2008, 03:33 PM
I'm would love to have Rasho back in silver and black!

VaSpursFan
07-20-2008, 03:35 PM
i prefer kurt at the center position.

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-20-2008, 03:45 PM
I expect to be kamikazid for even making the suggestion.

Of course, because it's a stupid suggestion.

The most the Lakers can offer Thomas is the MLE (5.8 million), and you're worried that he'd 'cost too much', but your solution is to trade for a guy in Rasho who makes 8 million a year. And it wouldn't be a wash, because we'd have to take back equal salary from Indianapolis in any trade, so we'd still have 8 million in salaries on the friggin' books.

Do you guys think any of these suggestions through, or just take a couple of bong hits and then log on?

And that's not even getting into the fact Rasho is the softest seven footer in the league, while Thomas is a mean SOB...

Marcus is right, Spurs fans are stupid.

SPURSGOAT
07-20-2008, 03:50 PM
GTFO!!! This is just as bad as that post wanting D Rob back.

angel_luv
07-20-2008, 03:52 PM
Slovenia lost their tournament so I am super bummed.

I know the Spurs are not going to trade for Sho but pretending they might will help me feel better for the moment.
So...

Do it Spurs.

ducks
07-20-2008, 03:52 PM
as long as duncan is here rasho is useless

rasho can be good here without duncan

Brutalis
07-20-2008, 03:57 PM
When did Rasho ever understand the system to begin with?

Joe Schmoogins
07-20-2008, 04:28 PM
i wish i had a seven foot ooter

Obstructed_View
07-20-2008, 10:47 PM
The reason it wouldn't be good to have Rasho back is the same reason it was good to get rid of Rasho. If he'd be willing to give up all that money he's getting I'd take him back in a second, but he isn't, and nobody blames him for that.

ducks
07-20-2008, 10:48 PM
the reason they got rid of him was he was useless when duncan played
when he did not play he was usefully
had nothing to do with money

SequSpur
07-20-2008, 10:51 PM
the reason they got rid of him was he was useless when duncan played
when he did not play he was usefully
had nothing to do with money

you're an idiot.

rj215
07-20-2008, 10:51 PM
Rasho needs a trip to the Wizard of Oz first to get some brains, heart and courage. Plus he'd have to give up most of his salary...other than that, great idea!! :rolleyes

ploto
07-20-2008, 11:32 PM
The Pacers have no interest in taking on a contract longer than Rasho's, and anyway, Jim O'Brien really likes Rasho a lot. He intends for Rasho to compete for the starting center job and to mentor Hibbert this year.

Unless something totally unexpected occurs, Rasho will go back to Europe after this coming season to end his basketball career there.

Sissiborgo
07-21-2008, 07:08 AM
I hate Rasho he's so slow and clumsy!

Obstructed_View
07-21-2008, 08:06 AM
But he is certainly better than overpaying Thomas for 2 years. Rasho is a 7' ooter and Kurt[who I think is great for a minimum salary] isn't!

No, he isn't.

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-21-2008, 08:28 AM
Hells no.

nkdlunch
07-21-2008, 09:33 AM
rasho sucks remember?

lotr1trekkie
07-21-2008, 10:24 AM
As usual Aggie Fannie has lowered the level of discussion by using the work 'stupid' immediately. Actually, the proper term is 'mentally challenged'. Since some Aggie's can't get beyond 2 sillabulls--- I understand. The real question is how much should we offer Thomas to come back--- 8 mill or 10 mill for 2 years which is what he will demand. Fab/Kurt at center didn't make in the playoffs last season and therefore why would they work next season any better. Adding Hill and Mason, along with Thomas, isn't enough to get us back to the finals. Offer better suggestions or shut up.

ATRAIN
07-21-2008, 10:34 AM
I'm would love to have Rasho back in silver and black!

NO WAYY, Rasho sucked!!

MarHill
07-21-2008, 11:29 AM
[QUOTE=Aggie Hoopsfan;2675756]Of course, because it's a stupid suggestion.

The most the Lakers can offer Thomas is the MLE (5.8 million), and you're worried that he'd 'cost too much', but your solution is to trade for a guy in Rasho who makes 8 million a year. And it wouldn't be a wash, because we'd have to take back equal salary from Indianapolis in any trade, so we'd still have 8 million in salaries on the friggin' books.

Do you guys think any of these suggestions through, or just take a couple of bong hits and then log on?

And that's not even getting into the fact Rasho is the softest seven footer in the league, while Thomas is a mean SOB...

Marcus is right, Spurs fans are stupid.

:lmao

lotr1trekkie
07-21-2008, 12:11 PM
We don't have the MLE to offer Thomas--correct? How much can we offer him? Thomas will be 36 next season---is he worth a two year deal? If we unload Bonner[3 milll] & add Rasho for 8 mill but don't have to spend 4 or 5 mill on Thomas--isn't that close to a wash? According to Indy fan we could then dump Rasho's salary next season. The point is that will resigning Thomas for what HE wants get us past NO/Lakers next year? Forget Rasho we need another big to help Tim---espectially if Ian isn't ready[likely].

Obstructed_View
07-21-2008, 03:56 PM
The MLE doesn't apply to Thomas. The Spurs can offer him as much as they want. Why are you married to the idea that he's going to get a 2 year deal if nobody else is even talking to him? Also, why wouldn't he be able to play for two more years? It's not like he's going to lose a step. Dumping Rasho's salary is a great idea; thank God the Spurs did it years ago.

Aggie's right. It's a stupid suggestion. Accept it and move on.

Please_dont_ban_me
07-21-2008, 11:58 PM
Lol.

Let me be clear, though. I like Rasho...I always felt his game was undervalued. But he was over paid. If that's possible. Anyways, the Spurs obviously weren't big fans of his...he doesn't really fit the system....and he costs too much. Just to name a few reasons.

Obstructed_View
07-22-2008, 01:14 AM
Lol.

Let me be clear, though. I like Rasho...I always felt his game was undervalued. But he was over paid. If that's possible. Anyways, the Spurs obviously weren't big fans of his...he doesn't really fit the system....and he costs too much. Just to name a few reasons.

I like him too. He was a great team defender, and I'm fully convinced that the Spurs would have won the '06 championship if he'd gotten some PT against Dallas. But like you said, he was hugely overpaid. If he'd opted out I'd be calling for him loudly.