PDA

View Full Version : Skins get Taylor!

Bigzax
07-20-2008, 06:25 PM
:smokin

Skins Trade For Jason Taylor

link (http://blog.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/)

Vinny Cerrato just announced the Skins acquired Pro Bowl DE Jason Taylor from Miami for a second round pick in 2009 and a sixth-round pick in 2010.

The Skins assume the final two years of Taylor's contract as is, Cerrato said, with no re-negotiation (Washington had about $8 million in cap space prior to the trade, Cerrato said). Taylor, 33, is set to make $8 million this season (including a $500,000 roster bonus, and $8.5 million next season, including the same $500,000 bonus).

Taylor has talked about playing just one more season before leaving the NFL for acting/Hollywood options, but Cerrato, Washington's executive VP of football operations, said, "I'm 100 percent confident he'll play more than one year.".

Cerrato said he began talking to the Dolphins this afternoon, following Washington's second practice. He said immediately after practice that the Redskins had had no contact with other teams about trades as of that point, so that would mean the deal came together in something like 90 minutes.

"We got him? Wow, that's awesome," defensive tackle Lorenzo Alexander said. "You're talking about a guy who can make a huge impact. He's a perennial Pro Bowler and a guy who was a defensive player of the year, so you know he can come in and really help you get after that quarterback.

"And from a leadership standpoint, he's someone who has been in this game a long time. He's seen a lot and he's accomplished a lot. I don't know him, but hopefully he's the type of guy who's going to want to come in and help the young players, such as myself. Anyway you look at it, it's a great move."

Cerrato said the season-ending injuries to starting left end Phillip Daniels and reserve end Alex Buzbee forced Washington to exhaust all options. He said Taylor will move to the left side with Washington - he played right end in Miami - and Andre Carter will remain the starting right end.

"We're fortunate there is a guy of that caliber on the market when a guy gets hurt," said Cerrato.

Taylor (6-6, 255 pounds) is a former NFL player of the year who brings elite pass rushing skills, something sorely missing on this line for years (though Carter had a strong season in 2007). Defensive line has long been an area of concern for Washington.

Cerrato said he expects Taylor would report to the team on Monday. Taylor has clashed with Miami, and new front office maven Bill Parcells in particular, about being away from the team for much of the offseason to participate in "Dancing With The Stars." Cerrato shares an uncommonly close relationship with Gary Wichard, Taylor's agent, and was confident the player was ready to make an impact and is focused on football.

"He's excited for a new start," Cerrato said of Taylor.

Starting tackle Cornelius Griffin said he is sad to lose a teammate such as Daniels to injury, but was eager to welcome Taylor to town.

"I think he can really help us," Griffin said. "He's a great asset to our team - he may be a future Hall of Famer - and I think he's someone who would look forward to working with me and Andre and some of the younger guys we have on the line."

Jason Reid broke the news of the trade to young defensive lineman Lorenzo Alexander, who responded : "We got him? Wow, that's awesome," defensive tackle Lorenzo Alexander said. "You're talking about a guy who can make a huge impact. He's a perennial Pro Bowler and a guy who was a defensive player of the year, so you know he can come in and really help you get after that quarterback.

"And from a leadership standpoint, he's someone who has been in this game a long time. He's seen a lot and he's accomplished a lot. I don't know him, but hopefully he's the type of guy who's going to want to come in and help the young players, such as myself. Anyway you look at it, it's a great move."

Taylor had 11 sacks last season - more than any Redskin - and has posted at least 8 1/2 sacks every season this decade. He has missed just four games since entering the NFL in 1997, and had spent his entire career with the Dolphins after being selected in the third round by the club.

JamStone
07-20-2008, 06:29 PM
Great pick up for Redskins. Too bad for Taylor since he wants to win and now is probably in the toughest division in football.

scott
07-20-2008, 06:29 PM
Wow, the battle third place in the division just got a little more heated.

O-Factor
07-20-2008, 06:42 PM
They are moving him to right end??? Oh well, Washington is where high priced veterans go to end their career and fail.:clap

Wow, the battle third place in the division just got a little more heated.

true.

Bigzax
07-20-2008, 06:44 PM
we shall see grasshoppa!

Frog
07-20-2008, 06:57 PM
ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit

Evan
07-20-2008, 07:05 PM
That is a steep price to pay.

thekingrobert
07-20-2008, 07:07 PM
Httr

bresilhac
07-20-2008, 07:23 PM
This is an excellent pickup for the Redskins. Taylor brings a ton of talent and experience to the team and will greatly improve the D-Line. I can see Taylor crushing Romo, Manning and McNabb now. Look out NFC East. This is going to be a great year!

samikeyp
07-20-2008, 07:43 PM
Best division in football just got better.

Can't wait for football season to get here! :tu

misterx91578
07-20-2008, 07:50 PM
good luck JT

O-Factor
07-20-2008, 08:26 PM
This is an excellent pickup for the Redskins. Taylor brings a ton of talent and experience to the team and will greatly improve the D-Line. I can see Taylor crushing Romo, Manning and McNabb now. Look out NFC East. This is going to be a great year!

Really? Eh, I can see Taylor not touching Romo like the last time he(Taylor) went up against the Cowboys O-Line and Romo's crafty footwork.

Evan
07-20-2008, 09:04 PM
Trading draft picks should only be done on rare occasion. Skins are doing it way too much.

yavozerb
07-20-2008, 09:06 PM
Great trade for the phins...A 2nd and a 6th round pick is alot considering what other star players (moss,etc) were traded for.

bresilhac
07-20-2008, 09:09 PM
Really? Eh, I can see Taylor not touching Romo like the last time he(Taylor) went up against the Cowboys O-Line and Romo's crafty footwork.

Romo's "crafty footwork" will not suffice this time around. The Redskins front seven is much better than Miami's at any given time. So the scenario you would like to see probably won't happen. At any rate what I'd like to see is the Redskins and Cowpokes in a playoff game so we can all watch Romo fall flat on his ass again in an important game. Wouldn't that be a classic matchup?

O-Factor
07-20-2008, 09:24 PM
Romo's "crafty footwork" will not suffice this time around. The Redskins front seven is much better than Miami's at any given time. So the scenario you would like to see probably won't happen. At any rate what I'd like to see is the Redskins and Cowpokes in a playoff game so we can all watch Romo fall flat on his ass again in an important game. Wouldn't that be a classic matchup?

No, the scenario I would like to see this year will play out. Bet on it. You acting as if this trade will put the Redskins up top the NFC east is comical.

and...

:lmao @ Redskins in the playoffs? Playoffs????

O-Factor
07-20-2008, 09:26 PM
Great trade for the phins...A 2nd and a 6th round pick is alot considering what other star players (moss,etc) were traded for.

Whoa, a second and a 6th for a guy who says he is going to play 1 more year before hollywood???

Classic Daniel Snyder. Love that guy owning the Redskins.

yavozerb
07-20-2008, 09:36 PM
Oh, I also forgot that 8 mil is now off the books for the phins...Hate see JT leave, but, the phins are headed in the right direction.

Evan
07-20-2008, 09:49 PM
Oh, I also forgot that 8 mil is now off the books for the phins...Hate see JT leave, but, the phins are headed in the right direction.

Such a good move by the Phins.

monosylab1k
07-20-2008, 10:27 PM
:lol Snyder just can't help himself. He could have picks 1, 2, & 3 in the draft and find a way to sell them off for Willie McGinest & a bag of pop rocks.

mardigan
07-20-2008, 10:48 PM
Way to much to give up for this guy. Wasnt he playing lb for the last two years? And now he's going to come in to one of the best running divisions in football and try to play end again? I really dont see him making a huge difference.

samikeyp
07-20-2008, 10:51 PM
Fins did good. It might pay immediate dividends for the Skins but yeah they gave up too much, IMO.

spyder
07-20-2008, 10:52 PM
:sleep:lmao:jack

K-State Spur
07-20-2008, 11:10 PM
That is a steep price to pay.

he's past his prime, but i'd gladly pay a 2nd + a 6th (in 2 years) for 8-10 sacks and not getting embarrassed against the run.

along with andre carter (who was pretty underrated last year, had maybe the quietest 11 sacks in football), chris wilson (4 sacks in pure spot duty), and with Griffin/Golston on the inside, this has suddenly become a very solid pass rush without needing to use the blitz.

K-State Spur
07-20-2008, 11:15 PM
Only Cowboy, Eagle, and Giant fans are saying that the Skins gave up too much. Most of the boards around the league are pushing in the other direction, that the Phins should have gotten more.

Seriously, if you aren't willing to trade a 2nd and a 6th (in 2 years) for a guy that's gonna get near double digit sacks, then you are VASTLY over-valuing the draft. The odds of getting anybody at those spots who will match what he would do over the next two years (which he has said he will play - not 1) over their entire career is slim.

NFL draft picks used to be very under-valued around the league and fan bases, but that pendulum has now swung too far in the other direction.

The Redskins main problems have been some poor decisions in free agency + not getting much out of the draft picks that they did have. In NEARLY ALL of the situations where they have traded away picks for a player, the player they picked up STRONGLY outperformed the draftee who was picked at that spot.

Evan
07-20-2008, 11:39 PM
Only Cowboy, Eagle, and Giant fans are saying that the Skins gave up too much..........

Because the fans who have a team in the NFC East know the Redskins roster, past, direction and tendencies much better.

misterx91578
07-20-2008, 11:41 PM
Only Cowboy, Eagle, and Giant fans are saying that the Skins gave up too much. Most of the boards around the league are pushing in the other direction, that the Phins should have gotten more.

Seriously, if you aren't willing to trade a 2nd and a 6th (in 2 years) for a guy that's gonna get near double digit sacks, then you are VASTLY over-valuing the draft. The odds of getting anybody at those spots who will match what he would do over the next two years (which he has said he will play - not 1) over their entire career is slim.

NFL draft picks used to be very under-valued around the league and fan bases, but that pendulum has now swung too far in the other direction.

The Redskins main problems have been some poor decisions in free agency + not getting much out of the draft picks that they did have. In NEARLY ALL of the situations where they have traded away picks for a player, the player they picked up STRONGLY outperformed the draftee who was picked at that spot.

the Phins were trying to get a 2nd round pick for him before the draft and couldn't get it then.

Skins lost Daniels for the season without him getting injured Taylor most likely stay in Miami

K-State Spur
07-20-2008, 11:58 PM
the Phins were trying to get a 2nd round pick for him before the draft and couldn't get it then.

Skins lost Daniels for the season without him getting injured Taylor most likely stay in Miami

2 notes:

1) time value of money (and draft picks). a 2nd round pick 1 year from now has less value than a 2nd round pick 2 weeks from now.

2) admittedly, the redskins had a need for him that others team did not. they lost 2 DEs, including a 4 year starter, for the season today. so, of course the price is going to be higher for them than a team that doesn't have a need for another DE. if Philip Daniels has 2 fully functioning ACLs, this deal doesn't get made.

if they don't make this deal, they are looking at demetric evans (9.5 career sacks in 7 years) as their starting left DE. as it is, they definitely upgraded the position for next year.

K-State Spur
07-21-2008, 12:03 AM
Because the fans who have a team in the NFC East know the Redskins roster, past, direction and tendencies much better.

you make it sound like they're the mid 90s Bengals.

they've been to the playoffs 2 out of the last 3 seasons (including more playoff victories than the cowboys during that span) and still have a nice mix of veterans & young players to work with.

not saying this move vaunts them to the top of the division, but the Giants barely held on to make the playoffs last year before getting hot in January and the Cowboys haven't done squat after December in a very long time. it's the best division in football, but not invincible at the top.

Evan
07-21-2008, 12:18 AM
you make it sound like they're the mid 90s Bengals.

I'm not making it sound like any team from any era...I just pointed out the fact that fans know teams within their division pretty well and are more ready to pick apart every move.

This is a move that a possible superbowl bound team makes...while it certainly helps them this year it just seems to be giving up so much considering the Redskins roster and his 1 year remaining.

So, that makes me wonder if the Redskins have a good idea he's willing to extend his contract 2 or 3 more years. Then that changes this a bit if he both extends and performs.

As a Cowboy fan I actually like it when the division is strong. Makes it much more entertaining...but of course I find great joy in failure as well. :lol

K-State Spur
07-21-2008, 12:33 AM
This is a move that a possible superbowl bound team makes...while it certainly helps them this year it just seems to be giving up so much considering the Redskins roster and his 1 year remaining.

...or a playoff team with a MAJOR hole on that side of the line. also a team that is well aware that the odds of a second round pick outperforming a talented veteran (albeit past his prime) are not good. the fact is that more second round picks fizzle before they've accomplished anything than don't.

i really like the two WRs (Thomas and Kelly) that Washington got in the 2nd round of this past draft. but the odds are pretty solid that - over the next 2 years - Taylor will be of greater value to the team than either of them.

and read the articles, he's backed off his one year statement and told the redskins that he intends to finish out his 2 year deal.

and seriously, in today's league, can we really tell who is a super bowl team and who is not?

who had the giants before last year (or even in november)? *crickets* *crickets*

Vinnie_Johnson
07-21-2008, 12:53 AM
Good pick up for the Skins might just be able to grab third place now. How do the Skins have cap room to take his contract? Oh well good luck fighting it out for third Skins fan.:lol

K-State Spur
07-21-2008, 01:14 AM
Good pick up for the Skins might just be able to grab third place now. How do the Skins have cap room to take his contract? Oh well good luck fighting it out for third Skins fan.:lol

skins had over 8 million in cap room. they can take his deal without even renegotiating it (although they probably will anyways).

they are much much better at managing the cap than anybody in the media gives them credit for. over the past decade, they've really only lost 2 free agents that they desperately wanted to keep - Antonio Pierce and Fred Smoot, and both of those players were allowed to leave because they were significantly overpaid (for what they actually produced) by their new clubs, not because of a lack of cap space.

so-called analysts have been predicting the cap to bite the skins for about 10 years now. hasn't happened.

Spurtacus
07-21-2008, 01:26 AM
Good deal for both teams. I hope the change of scenario results in Taylor playing poorly against my Boys.

misterx91578
07-21-2008, 01:35 AM
well since JT is married to Zach Thomas's sister the family get togethers became more interesting

nevermind JT and his wife are divorced

K-State Spur
07-21-2008, 02:26 AM
well since JT is married to Zach Thomas's sister the family get togethers became more interesting

nevermind JT and his wife are divorced

that always made me chuckle. having never seen a picture of her, i could only assume that she looked exactly like zach thomas, only with long hair. :lol

Evan
07-21-2008, 07:54 AM
Peter King on SIRIUS this morning said they got a commitment from Tyalor's agent that he is for sure staying for 2 years. So that definitely makes the deal better for the Skins.

LocosPorJuana
07-21-2008, 08:57 AM
There is no doubt that the Skins are in the toughest NFC division, so I can understand why you would want taylor. But a second round pick, when the team is not in win now mode/ contention, seems too high of a price to pay.

Add another victory to the Tuna. His disregard for taylor after coming back from dancing with the stars, was all a covert operation to get a high draft pick.

K-State Spur
07-21-2008, 09:17 AM
But a second round pick, when the team is not in win now mode/ contention, seems too high of a price to pay.

Why are they not in a win now/contention mode?

Down the stretch last year, they were playing ball about as well as anybody not named the Pats. And that was with their QB, 2 of their best OL, best CB and 2nd best LB on the shelf. And that does not include their best overall defender - a true gamechanger - who died halfway through the season.

Besides, in TODAY's NFL, can we really tell who is a contender and who is not?

Whisky Dog
07-21-2008, 10:10 AM

:lol

The last time Taylor saw the Cowboys he was so frustrated by getting stonewalled that he started fucking with the signs that Cowboys fans were putting up behind one of the end zones.

Whisky Dog
07-21-2008, 10:13 AM
The tuna at it again, can't believe he snaked a 2nd as part of this negotiation.

Spuradicator
07-21-2008, 10:38 AM
Under Snyder, going for high profile veterans has never worked for the skins in the past, what makes people think its going to work now.

Plus what about next year, are they going to regulate Daniels back to the bench, stunt his growth, so as not to piss off Taylor(if he even plays next year)

K-State Spur
07-21-2008, 10:40 AM
The tuna at it again, can't believe he snaked a 2nd as part of this negotiation.

For the sake of argument:

I think we would all agree that Taylor is past his prime. But also that he will still likely push for 8-10 sacks over each of the next 2 years. He'll only be 34 at the time his contract runs up.

And as such, let's also speculate that the Redskins just hover where they were last year. The could do better or they could do worse, who knows, but just bear with me for this hypothetical.

Their second round pick last year was #48 overall. Let's assume that doesn't change.

From 2000-2007, the #48 pick was:

2000: Jason Webster
2001: Matt Light
2002: Reche Caldwell
2003: Chris Kelsay
2004: Dontarrius Thomas
2005: Odell Thurman
2006: Cedric Griffin
2007: Justin Durant

Now, Matt Light's been a player. But anybody else on that list you would gladly trade for 15-20 sacks over 2 years, screaming 'NO TAKE BACKS' immediately afterwards.

And if this makes them slightly better and they're picking at #53 next year, then you're talking about an even less impressive group.

ATRAIN
07-21-2008, 10:46 AM
Romo's crafty footwork.

:lmao

jack sommerset
07-21-2008, 10:46 AM
This guy will play more than 1 year.He can't make the kind of money anywhere else.The guy goes on a dancing show and all of a sudden he thinks he is going to be a movie star. Thats such a joke. Parcell was smart to get rid of this virus.

He was on a team that went 1-15 last year. Great leader. Thats a difference maker!

K-State Spur
07-21-2008, 11:00 AM
Under Snyder, going for high profile veterans has never worked for the skins in the past, what makes people think its going to work now.

Plus what about next year, are they going to regulate Daniels back to the bench, stunt his growth, so as not to piss off Taylor(if he even plays next year)

Pretty misinformed post.

First, Daniels is 35 years old (2 years older than Taylor). He's still a very good run stopping end. But he only has 5.5 sacks over the past 2 years. If you take away that dominant performance (4 sacks in one game) against Dallas in 2005, he's only got 9.5 sacks over the past 3 years. What kind of growth is going to be stunted? His prostate?

Second, it's actually a big myth that the veteran moves have not worked out for Washington.

Yes - Archuleta, Trotter, Deion, Brandon Lloyd, and Jeff George were busts.

But most of the other veterans have actually pretty productive. Clinton Portis, Marcus Washington, London Fletcher, Andre Carter, Shawn Springs, Cornelius Griffin, Renaldo Wynn, Randy Thomas, Casey Rabach, Laveraneus Coles (who was spun for Santana Moss), Brad Johnson, Bruce Smith, and Mark Carrier all gave production worthy of their contracts, if not exceeding them.

Washington's problems during the Snyder era has primarily been due to two factors: lack of continuity at the top & some terrible luck regarding injuries in some years where they had the personnel to make some noise.

peewee's lovechild
07-21-2008, 11:39 AM

:lol:lol

Houston Texans

Houston Astros

ATRAIN
07-21-2008, 12:01 PM

Houston Texans

Houston Astros

Yeah and whats your point. I am already used to it. At least everyone in this thread, you excluded follows home town teams. Plus this discussion was about the Skins signing taylor. I just found the Romo man love funny. Nothing was said about the texans, or any of thier qb's. Since you want to change the topic I can play that game too.

:lol:lol Notre Dame

:lol:lol Yankees (who havent done shit in year with the highest payroll)

Whisky Dog
07-21-2008, 12:09 PM
I just heard that Daniels and another defensive end were lost for the season during the skins 1st training camp practice, and the skins made the deal for Taylor shortly after.

Now it makes sense.

peewee's lovechild
07-21-2008, 12:21 PM
Yeah and whats your point. I am already used to it.

Loser talk.

At least everyone in this thread, you excluded follows home town teams.

You live in Houston?

Plus this discussion was about the Skins signing taylor. I just found the Romo man love funny. Nothing was said about the texans, or any of thier qb's. Since you want to change the topic I can play that game too.

:lol:lol Notre Dame

:lol:lol Yankees (who havent done shit in year with the highest payroll)

Romo >>>>>>> Shaub and you know it.

As for Notre Dame, yeah we had a bullshit year, but I don't make excuses for it.

I could go with the "I'm used to it" routine you go with, but I'm not a loser.

As for the Yanks, they're 4 games out of first and 3 games out of second. They're 3 games out of the Wild Card. And, there's still a shit load of baseball to play.

Hey, can you tell me where the Astros are at in their division and where they stand in the Wild Card chase?

Take your time.

Spuradicator
07-21-2008, 12:28 PM
Pretty misinformed post.

First, Daniels is 35 years old (2 years older than Taylor). He's still a very good run stopping end. But he only has 5.5 sacks over the past 2 years. If you take away that dominant performance (4 sacks in one game) against Dallas in 2005, he's only got 9.5 sacks over the past 3 years. What kind of growth is going to be stunted? His prostate?

Second, it's actually a big myth that the veteran moves have not worked out for Washington.

Yes - Archuleta, Trotter, Deion, Brandon Lloyd, and Jeff George were busts.

But most of the other veterans have actually pretty productive. Clinton Portis, Marcus Washington, London Fletcher, Andre Carter, Shawn Springs, Cornelius Griffin, Renaldo Wynn, Randy Thomas, Casey Rabach, Laveraneus Coles (who was spun for Santana Moss), Brad Johnson, Bruce Smith, and Mark Carrier all gave production worthy of their contracts, if not exceeding them.

Washington's problems during the Snyder era has primarily been due to two factors: lack of continuity at the top & some terrible luck regarding injuries in some years where they had the personnel to make some noise.

My bad. For some reason I thought Daniels was younger.

Spuradicator
07-21-2008, 12:30 PM

Houston Texans

Houston Astros

:lol:lol Atrain loser

ATRAIN
07-21-2008, 12:35 PM
:lol:lol Atrain loser

Here comes the stalker again.

Harry Callahan
07-21-2008, 12:52 PM
Washington loses out on the opportunity for a talented, low cost player next year for an older established player in Taylor right now. He's good, but he is a 33 year old speed rusher, not a bull like Strahan. Has Taylor already gone "Hollywood"? Maybe.

Washington was apparently deperate for a good DE with the injury situation and Parcells was more than happy to take a 2nd and a 6th for someone that wasn't one of "his guys".

Washington will get a good year or two at the most out of Taylor before he quits or gets injured and can't play anymore.

If the Miami front office is smart and drafts wisely (not a given) they could get a long term starter and Taylor may already be out of the league.

Dallas, OTOH, has locked up almost all of their quality young players to long term deals (outside of Ware, who they can franchise) and have numerous extra draft picks to shore up any holes in their roster next year (like WR?). I like Dallas' 3-4 year window much more than the other teams in the East.

Evan
07-21-2008, 01:14 PM
Dallas, OTOH, has locked up almost all of their quality young players to long term deals (outside of Ware, who they can franchise) and have numerous extra draft picks to shore up any holes in their roster next year (like WR?). I like Dallas' 3-4 year window much more than the other teams in the East.

Agree and thankfully they reall don't have to worry about Ware until next year. He'd going to become a filthy rich man very soon.

Question…

Can you franchise players two years in a row ? I know you can do it to one player twice…but I am not sure they can franchise Ware since they did it this year to Hamlin. I could be wrong….maybe that was the way it used to be.

peewee's lovechild
07-21-2008, 01:15 PM
Redskins will miss the playoffs and Taylor will see that he's never going to reach the Super Bowl and retire.

He will look for small roles in movies and join Inside The NFL on Showtime.

K-State Spur
07-21-2008, 01:52 PM
Washington loses out on the opportunity for a talented, low cost player next year for an older established player in Taylor right now.

Odds are strongly against anybody drafted in the second half of the second round being more productive than Taylor over the next years.

If you set the over/under for CAREER sacks at 10 for all DE drafted after the first round. The vast majority would come in under.

It doesn't make the Redskins superbowl or even division favorites by any means. But they're a better team than they were yesterday, and they have the talent to compete with anybody in the NFC on a given day.

K-State Spur
07-21-2008, 01:54 PM
Can you franchise players two years in a row ? I know you can do it to one player twice…but I am not sure they can franchise Ware since they did it this year to Hamlin. I could be wrong….maybe that was the way it used to be.

Yes, so long as you don't sign a player to a long term deal while he's franchised. If that happens, then you lose your 'franchise' tag for the length of the deal.

But there is a giant loophole in that which teams exploit by signing a player to a 1 year deal (thus getting the franchise tag back next year), then promptly renegotiating a separate deal on top of that.

Evan
07-21-2008, 01:57 PM
Yes, so long as you don't sign a player to a long term deal while he's franchised. If that happens, then you lose your 'franchise' tag for the length of the deal.

But there is a giant loophole in that which teams exploit by signing a player to a 1 year deal (thus getting the franchise tag back next year), then promptly renegotiating a separate deal on top of that.

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

makes sense. Thank you sir. :toast

Harry Callahan
07-21-2008, 02:50 PM
Odds are strongly against anybody drafted in the second half of the second round being more productive than Taylor over the next years.

Agreed. In 2008 Taylor will be more productive in the NFL for the Redskins than a 2009 2nd round draft pick. You are absolutely 100% right about that.

In 2009, Taylor (I am assuming he will play in '09) will be more productive than a 2009 2nd round draft pick. You are very likely right about that.

The trouble comes after that. If Parcells drafts a player with the '09 pick that turns into a Jason Witten (a high 3rd rounder in DAL), then Miami comes out ahead. If Parcells drafts an Anthony Fasano or Al Johnson caliber player(low 2nd rounders in DAL), then Washington comes out ahead.

I frankly have no faith in Parcells ability to consistently hit on high picks at this point in time. Parcells always cleans out the quality older players when he takes a team over (Emmitt Smith in Dallas, Taylor in Miami) - its always the same scenario for him.

K-State Spur
07-21-2008, 05:26 PM

Well, I'll back off this statement. Initially, most 'analysts' (and i stress the 'anal') thought a 2nd was pretty good value for Taylor - the only question was where his actual market had settled.

However, 24 hours later, the much of the media is back to its dogpile on any move made by the Redskins if they add a recognizable name. Since Snyder bought the club, they're probably the most fun team to criticize that's not owned by Al Davis.

mardigan
07-21-2008, 05:29 PM
Well, I'll back off this statement. Initially, most 'analysts' (and i stress the 'anal') thought a 2nd was pretty good value for Taylor - the only question was where his actual market had settled.

However, 24 hours later, the much of the media is back to its dogpile on any move made by the Redskins if they add a recognizable name. Since Snyder bought the club, they're probably the most fun team to criticize that's not owned by Al Davis.

Ahh, no biggie. He might work out great and be the difference maker. I just like hating on the Skins. Though, after seeing what the Saints gave up for Shockey, this trade doesnt look nearly as bad.

K-State Spur
07-21-2008, 06:44 PM
Ahh, no biggie. He might work out great and be the difference maker. I just like hating on the Skins. Though, after seeing what the Saints gave up for Shockey, this trade doesnt look nearly as bad.

and I the Cowboys. And the Giants & Eagles for that matter.

Great thing about the NFC East, every divisional game is a bitter rivalry - although Washington/Dallas tops them all (although, every now and then you'll run into a youngin who differs).

mytespurs
07-21-2008, 06:45 PM

I agree. I'm a HUGE dolphins fan, through the good times and the current bad times.....:lmao I think it worked out for both teams.

I hated to see JT go but he wasn't happy and it was time for him to move on as well as the organization. I wish him the best of luck. He's going to a playoff team, he's going to give them his all the next two years so we'll see. With a new coach, young QB I don't know how far the Skins will go but they're on the upswing as compared to the Fins who are in rebuilding mode.

GaryJohnston
07-22-2008, 06:38 AM
Taylor seems like a good aquisition. But is his mind on the game or in Hollywood. Guess we'll see. His agent may say he will play more than 1 year, but lets hear it from Jason.

K-State Spur
07-22-2008, 08:14 AM
Taylor seems like a good aquisition. But is his mind on the game or in Hollywood. Guess we'll see. His agent may say he will play more than 1 year, but lets hear it from Jason.

“I made a statement in June that I planned to play one more year and take it from there, but I have told Dan Snyder, Vinny Cerrato and Coach Zorn that I am on board and will play out my contract. I will be here for more than one year. I am here to play football as well as I can.”

Spuradicator
07-22-2008, 08:41 AM
I say Taylor goes Hollywood after this year IMO

And Im talking D maybe C list hollywood

midgetonadonkey
07-22-2008, 10:32 AM
I say Taylor goes Hollywood after this year IMO

And Im talking D maybe C list hollywood

That's an optimistic prediction.

He will be on the Omarosa, Evan Marriott level. That's M list hollywood.

Spuradicator
07-22-2008, 10:37 AM
That's an optimistic prediction.

He will be on the Omarosa, Evan Marriott level. That's M list hollywood.

True, Taylor has Celebrity Apprentice 2 written all over him.

O-Factor
07-22-2008, 11:32 PM

http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff122/mrformaldehyde/romo-taylor.gif

^ Romo making Taylor look like a rookie. :lmao

:lol texan fan jealousy

ATRAIN
07-23-2008, 07:44 AM
http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff122/mrformaldehyde/romo-taylor.gif

^ Romo making Taylor look like a rookie. :lmao

:lol texan fan jealousy

Jealous of what exactly? Romo's crafty footwork LMAO gtfo!! Your even more delusional than I thought. I know how pissed off you get when the boys lose so ill make sure and laugh when the skins beat them. Its funny how you pee wee bring up the Texans when all I did was simply laugh at your comment because Romo doesnt fucking have crafty footwork. I can't wait to laugh when Romo gets his knee blown out in week 4 (compliments of Jason Taylor) and is out for the rest of the season

redskinfan
07-23-2008, 11:18 AM
I love this move.... As for all you haters out there remember this The Skins have been and won in the playoffs lately more than i can say about the boy's and also all this talk about Taylor going hollywood better stop and look at Tony Homo and his affection for being hollywood.

Vinnie_Johnson
07-23-2008, 11:26 AM
I this move.... As for all you haters out there remember this The Skins have been and won in the playoffs lately more than i can say about the boy's and also all this talk about Taylor going hollywood better stop and look at Tony Homo and his affection for being hollywood.

I this move... LMAO Skin fan your team will be fighting it out for third at best. Yes I know the Lions suck I get it why don't you?:lmao

Harry Callahan
07-23-2008, 11:56 AM
Jealous of what exactly? Romo's crafty footwork LMAO gtfo!! Your even more delusional than I thought. I know how pissed off you get when the boys lose so ill make sure and laugh when the skins beat them. Its funny how you pee wee bring up the Texans when all I did was simply laugh at your comment because Romo doesnt fucking have crafty footwork. I can't wait to laugh when Romo gets his knee blown out in week 4 (compliments of Jason Taylor) and is out for the rest of the season

Stay classy Houston. If you don't think Romo has good feet and escapability, then you are either blind or just stupid.

There has always been a real inferiority complex in Houston by Oilers or now Texans people regarding Dallas. Its been that way forever - kind of like the little brother being jealous of the big brother being successful.

Nice draft pick for David Carr, huh - 1st pick in the draft? Dallas gets a better quarterback in the undrafted Free Agent market. That draft pick set the Texans back YEARS.

Bigzax
07-23-2008, 12:15 PM
for all the "good luck fighting for third" posters...

please tell me what the hell good 1st place in the division is when a team can't even win a damn playoff game...after two weeks off...at home!!!

i mean other than getting to goto cabo with jessica! :smokin

end of the day? Skins success will hinge on Zorn's offense and Campbell's ability to run it efficiently...defense should be solid, but the loss of Sean and the shakeup of that staff as well leaves a bit of a question mark.

I'm hoping for 10 wins like i always do...then lets see wa happens in January!!!

K-State Spur
07-23-2008, 12:19 PM
LMAO Skin fan your team will be fighting it out for third at best.

I don't know about that. The Cowboys are clearly the favorites. But like anybody else, they are only a couple of injuries and/or disappointing performances from rejoining the pack.

The Giants were red hot in January last year. But people forget that this was only a 10 win team (and they got spanked on their own home field by Washington in late December). If they don't stop Ladell Betts on a 4th & goal from the one yard line in Week 3, Coughlin likely gets fired before they have a chance to turn it around.

It sounds weird to say it about the Super Bowl champions, but I still think they've got a lot to prove before you automatically pencil them into the playoffs again. If they went 7-9 next year, it would far from shock me.

ATRAIN
07-23-2008, 12:39 PM
Stay classy Houston. If you don't think Romo has good feet and escapability, then you are either blind or just stupid.

There has always been a real inferiority complex in Houston by Oilers or now Texans people regarding Dallas. Its been that way forever - kind of like the little brother being jealous of the big brother being successful.

Nice draft pick for David Carr, huh - 1st pick in the draft? Dallas gets a better quarterback in the undrafted Free Agent market. That draft pick set the Texans back YEARS.

SO getting sacked 24 times doesnt mean anything? Did I say he is not a runner or didn't have good escapability? NO all I did was laugh. I happen to think he is pretty avg. with his QB scrambling, but to say he has crafty footwork is a reach. It is funny to see you cowgirl fans getting your panties in a bunch though. Yeah yeah lets bring up old shit and the Texans former #1 pick. Yeah what about your QB of the future in Q? What is he doing now? For your info that draft pick wasnt entirely the reason why the Texans were set back, it was because of Casserly sorry ass GM skills and Dom Capers sorry coaching job. Yeah carr sucks now, but he really wasnt that bad. He had a horrible line to work with and that pretty much killed him and his career. I see what you mean about the Houston fan base vs the cowboys fan base. Yes a lot of Houston fans hate and consider the Cowboys a rival, when there really isnt. I don't consider the Cowboys a rival, I just hate the cocky asshole swagger that most cowboys fans carry. They are right up there with Yankees and Lakers fans and maybe its because of the success, who knows. Its because of that, that I wish nothing but bad things on the Cowboys. If you want to say stay classy?? Read back and see who brought up the Texans in the first place......yes a cowboys fan. If I would have laughed and said Sage or Matt are better qb's then ok there you go. Fact of the matter if TSA would have said the same thing about Rivers, or if JT would have said that about Payton, I would have laughed just the same. It was a stupid comment, bottom line!!

mardigan
07-23-2008, 12:45 PM
SO getting sacked 24 times doesnt mean anything? Did I say he is not a runner or didn't have good escapability? NO all I did was laugh. I happen to think he is pretty avg. with his QB scrambling, but to say he has crafty footwork is a reach. It is funny to see you cowgirl fans getting your panties in a bunch though. Yeah yeah lets bring up old shit and the Texans former #1 pick. Yeah what about your QB of the future in Q? What is he doing now? For your info that draft pick wasnt entirely the reason why the Texans were set back, it was because of Casserly sorry ass GM skills and Dom Capers sorry coaching job. Yeah carr sucks now, but he really wasnt that bad. He had a horrible line to work with and that pretty much killed him and his career. I see what you mean about the Houston fan base vs the cowboys fan base. Yes a lot of Houston fans hate and consider the Cowboys a rival, when there really isnt. I don't consider the Cowboys a rival, I just hate the cocky asshole swagger that most cowboys fans carry. They are right up there with Yankees and Lakers fans and maybe its because of the success, who knows. Its because of that, that I wish nothing but bad things on the Cowboys. If you want to say stay classy?? Read back and see who brought up the Texans in the first place......yes a cowboys fan. If I would have laughed and said Sage or Matt are better qb's then ok there you go. Fact of the matter if TSA would have said the same thing about Rivers, or if JT would have said that about Payton, I would have laughed just the same. It was a stupid comment, bottom line!!

Hate on the fans all you want, but saying you hope Romo blows his knee out is bullshit. I expected better from you.

Btw, Romo does have crafty footwork, even if you choose not to believe it.

ATRAIN
07-23-2008, 12:47 PM
Hate on the fans all you want, but saying you hope Romo blows his knee out is bullshit. I expected better from you.

LOL yeah I know that was just a stab at Ofactor, nothing more. I really don't wish injury on any player.

If you were to say Mcnabb has crafty footwork then yeah ok. Like I said Romo's footwork is avg or slightly above avg at best. Then again this is just my opinion just how its others to think he does.

Evan
07-23-2008, 01:01 PM
LOL yeah I know that was just a stab at Ofactor, nothing more. I really don't wish injury on any player.

If you were to say Mcnabb has crafty footwork then yeah ok. Like I said Romo's footwork is avg or slightly above avg at best. Then again this is just my opinion just how its others to think he does.

Who's footwork is better? If his is slightly above average then there must be about 6 or 7 QB's int he league who are better than him.

ATRAIN
07-23-2008, 01:11 PM
Who's footwork is better? If his is slightly above average then there must be about 6 or 7 QB's int he league who are better than him.

Mcnabb, Young, Gerrard, Campbell, Jackson, Roethlisberger. Do not get mistaken however, this isnt saying they are a better overall QB than him.

Spuradicator
07-23-2008, 01:27 PM
Atrains idiocy is truly epic.

ATRAIN
07-23-2008, 01:35 PM
Atrains idiocy is truly epic.

Coming from you that means nothing. Your stalking is getting old. Get off my nuts already.

Harry Callahan
07-23-2008, 02:53 PM
SO getting sacked 24 times doesnt mean anything? Did I say he is not a runner or didn't have good escapability? NO all I did was laugh. I happen to think he is pretty avg. with his QB scrambling, but to say he has crafty footwork is a reach. It is funny to see you cowgirl fans getting your panties in a bunch though. Yeah yeah lets bring up old shit and the Texans former #1 pick. Yeah what about your QB of the future in Q?

I think there is a difference between a mid 2nd round pick and the first pick in the draft regarding expectations. I would hope you would to, but given you lack of intelligence about football, I'm not so sure. By the way, Q Carter was drafted in 2001, before Carr (an '02 draftee), so now you are the one bringing up old s*** aren't you.

You say the Texans were not any good because their coach couldn't coach and their GM could not draft well. Gosh, that sounds like a pretty big problem to me. When you have the #1 pick in draft and are drafting for the first time, it is a huge setback to not get good production out of him regardless of the reason. Carter was a 2nd round project and yes a mistake as well, but not nearly as big a mistake as Carr. Carr was pretty bad on the whole, BTW.

You know someone doesn't have an informed take on something when they go the old "cowgirl" route in their comments.

I think you're the one who gets her panties in a wad when someone challenges you, like I did. You really rambled for awhile, didn't you.

Your opinions are pretty lame from what I've seen.

If you check your stats, I bet a number of your so called better scramblers were probably sacked more often than Romo, so the 24 sack thing is not the whole story about scrambling ability anyway.

K-State Spur
07-23-2008, 03:08 PM
i think some words are being misused here as well. when it comes to 'footwork' - Tom Brady & Peyton Manning are at the top of the list, and it's not particularly close. there, I'd buy Romo being below average (his drops can be pretty sloppy at times, but he has the athletic ability to make up for it).

when it comes to scrambling, Romo is near the top of the list. I really like Jason Campbell's potential, but from what he is displayed to date, it's laughable to put him above Romo in that category. He is very strong and can run through the occasional arm tackle when plays break down and he needs a first down. But if he wasn't black, nobody would ever call him a scrambler.

Spuradicator
07-23-2008, 03:17 PM
Well Harry, Tom Brady had the lowest sack total last year. One of the lowest total in modern NFL history. If one had Atrains brain, one would think Tom Brady is an amazing scramblers one of the best ever :lol

midgetonadonkey
07-23-2008, 04:07 PM
i think some words are being misused here as well. when it comes to 'footwork' - Tom Brady & Peyton Manning are at the top of the list, and it's not particularly close. there, I'd buy Romo being below average (his drops can be pretty sloppy at times, but he has the athletic ability to make up for it).

when it comes to scrambling, Romo is near the top of the list. I really like Jason Campbell's potential, but from what he is displayed to date, it's laughable to put him above Romo in that category. He is very strong and can run through the occasional arm tackle when plays break down and he needs a first down. But if he wasn't black, nobody would ever call him a scrambler.

I agree. Romo does have average footwork but a very good scrambling ability. When he scrambles it reminds me of seeing Steve Young get out of sacks back in the day.

This is coming from a lifelong Cowboy hater.

Oh and the David Carr pick did set the Texans back for years. Passing up Julius Peppers and Tony Boselli's career ending injury without ever having played a snap are a couple of reasons the Texans have been shit. Bringing in Rick Smith and Kubiak are steps in the right direction but they still have a way to go.

peewee's lovechild
07-23-2008, 05:12 PM

I don't have to wish that on Matt Shaub, that pussy gets injured putting his pads on.

peewee's lovechild
07-23-2008, 05:14 PM
Mcnabb, Young, Gerrard, Campbell, Jackson, Roethlisberger. Do not get mistaken however, this isnt saying they are a better overall QB than him.

Gerrard is not more mobile than Romo.
That's just retarded.

Roethlisberger is slow as hell.

McNabb doesn't even have any knees left.

Young is a good argument, and Campbell is plausible.

But, you're just retarded making a statement like that.

peewee's lovechild
07-23-2008, 05:16 PM
I agree. Romo does have average footwork but a very good scrambling ability. When he scrambles it reminds me of seeing Steve Young get out of sacks back in the day.

This is coming from a lifelong Cowboy hater.

Oh and the David Carr pick did set the Texans back for years. Passing up Julius Peppers and Tony Boselli's career ending injury without ever having played a snap are a couple of reasons the Texans have been shit. Bringing in Rick Smith and Kubiak are steps in the right direction but they still have a way to go.

I agree.

Harry Callahan
07-23-2008, 05:23 PM

I agree totally with KSS and how he phrased 'Footwork' versus scrambling. Brady and Manning rarely get sacked but are not scramblers. Dan Marino was really good with very quick feet IN THE POCKET. He couldn't run but he could avoid sacks like Brady and Manning. Those guys have 'footwork'

TR is a good athlete/scrambler and is able to get out of sacks a lot of the time by juking and jiving and running. His QB mechanics sometimes get lost in the shuffle. Aikman, OTOH, was like a machine in the pocket trying to get the ball out as quickly as possible.

GaryJohnston
07-24-2008, 06:46 AM

Are you serious? What NFL do you watch. Romo is far more crafty at scrambling than ALL the above mentioned except for Vince Young.

The only thing you have going for you is your sig buddy.

O-Factor
07-26-2008, 12:11 PM

When I said Romo had crafty footwork, that was in obvious reference to his scrambling ability(See .gif I posted). A QB's footwork is in reference to how he manipulates the pocket and how it is an important component to ball delivery and accuracy. Something Peyton and Brady do very well.

I posted a Romo interview in the Cowboys Off-season thread where he talks about foot work in the pocket and how he has been really working on and concentrating on footwork this past off-season. As a study tool, he has been studying tapes of Tom Brady's footwork.

O-Factor
07-26-2008, 12:25 PM

I'm disappointed in you saying you wish Romo gets hurt. Thats some shit right there. And the fact that said "just kidding" AFTER everyone bashed your for your stupid comment means there was/is truth behind it.

So you think Romo is only average in scrambling ability??? Why don't you watch more football and rid the NFL forum of your ignorance.

The fact that you even talk shit about the Cowboys in the Club forum tells quite a bit. It further proves your jealousy. Get over it, because the swagger is going to be here all season long.........bitch.

mardigan
05-14-2009, 02:20 PM
So the Dolphins got a 2nd and 6th round pick to loan Taylor out for one year, then get him back for peanuts. I don't know if this makes the Phins look brilliant or just makes the Skins look dumb as shit again.

Taylor takes less money for Miami return
By John Clayton
ESPN.com

Jason Taylor danced with the stars more than a year ago, but he sacrificed more than $7 million this year to stay close to his family and play football in Miami.

Taylor agreed to a one-year, $1.1 million deal Wednesday with the Miami Dolphins. The move allows him to stay at his Miami home with his wife and three children. It also allows him to rejoin an organization he considers to be an extended part of his family.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4164099

Dumb fucking Redskins

samikeyp
05-14-2009, 02:23 PM
So the Dolphins got a 2nd and 6th round pick to loan Taylor out for one year, then get him back for peanuts. I don't know if this makes the Phins look brilliant or just makes the Skins look dumb as shit again.

By John Clayton
ESPN.com

Jason Taylor danced with the stars more than a year ago, but he sacrificed more than $7 million this year to stay close to his family and play football in Miami.

Taylor agreed to a one-year, $1.1 million deal Wednesday with the Miami Dolphins. The move allows him to stay at his Miami home with his wife and three children. It also allows him to rejoin an organization he considers to be an extended part of his family.

Dumb fucking Redskins

I think both. :)

Bigzax
05-14-2009, 02:27 PM
I don't know if this makes the Phins look brilliant or just makes the Skins look dumb as shit again.

a lil a column a, and a lotta column b.

Fuck Snyderatto.

Spursfan092120
05-14-2009, 02:29 PM

By John Clayton
ESPN.com

Dumb fucking Redskins
Parcells is a monster.

IronMexican
05-14-2009, 02:32 PM
Parcells is da man. I wish he was the Raiders GM.

Spursfan092120
05-14-2009, 02:34 PM
Parcells is da man. I wish he was the Raiders GM.
I wish Dallas would have paid him a shitload of money and put him in the FO instead of letting him go.

manufan10
05-14-2009, 02:50 PM
I wish Dallas would have paid him a shitload of money and put him in the FO instead of letting him go.

+1.

He brought in some class acts to Dallas just being Head Coach. Imagine if he was in the FO?

K-State Spur
05-15-2009, 12:29 PM
a lil a column a, and a lotta column b.

Fuck Snyderatto.

i disagree. the team had TWO of its top 4 defensive ends go down that week. it was a worthwhile gamble to take on the guy. unfortunately, a guy with little history of injuries was banged up for the entire season. as it was, he was still the team's second best DE for most of the year - that's how thin they were.

yes, in retrospect you'd rather not make the move. but without the benefit of hindsight, it wasn't that bad. the only way you never get burned is if you don't take risks.

i'm no vinny fan, but i wouldn't rank JT in his top 20 dumbest moves.

Bigzax
05-17-2009, 01:11 AM
not getting full value makes it dumb. and doing this kind of shit after 10 years of supposed learning on the job makes it ridiculous.

I hope Orakpo is good, but i would have rather had Oher at RT and Jason Taylor coming back for one more season.

Jansen and Heyer and Co. have no chance of opening holes for Clinton or giving Jason any kind of adequate protection...and Mike Williams was an underachieving man child when he was healthy and 5 years younger, so i'm not holding my breath that he's the savior...

hope i'm wrong.