PDA

View Full Version : SpURS AFTER A DALLAS PLAYER?

Spurs2009champs
07-20-2008, 11:15 PM
Hey guys just heard about Spurs trying to get a Dallas player? no sure who though it was on maximum sports , i had to leave my house but didnt hear who it was they were after!

ducks
07-20-2008, 11:16 PM
bass?

DPG21920
07-20-2008, 11:17 PM
bass?

Be real. For what?

SequSpur
07-20-2008, 11:19 PM
if they sign deven george, I will never be a spurs fan again.

ducks
07-20-2008, 11:20 PM
cuban not high on him
also cuban would never trade with the spurs anyhow

angelbelow
hopefully bass..

ducks

spurs please sign george for a non guarantee 10 day contract:lol:lol:lol:lol

Gino2882
I assume they were talking about Devean George. George does not help this team. Unless he is willing to play sparely and play in defense situations.

Bass will not be a Spur.

The Truth #6
07-20-2008, 11:21 PM
Not even Bob Bass would go after D. George. If we do, it's not a good sign.

bigfan
07-20-2008, 11:23 PM
There is not one player on the Mavs I would want to trade for, including Dirk (lightweight) and Josh (doper). Brandon Bass is ok but he aint that great. Everyone else either is a ball hog, is ancient or is a spare.

xtremesteven33
07-20-2008, 11:25 PM
i will honestly hate the spurs FO and popovich if they sign deaven george

ducks
http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/53670/20080720/georges_return_to_dallas_mavericks_more_unlikely/

At least six teams are interested in Devean George, according to the Dallas Morning News, but after signing DeSagana Diop there may not be any money left for him in Dallas.

"I wouldn't hold out a lot of hope right now," Donnie Nelson said. "We're pretty far apart as far as the numbers go."

The Phoenix Suns, San Antonio Spurs, Minnesota Timberwolves, Cleveland Cavaliers, and New Orleans Hornets have expressed interest in George. According to the report, Boston may also enter the mix after losing James Posey to the Hornets.

Trainwreck2100
Way to unleash the fury OP

anakha
That ggff33 poster was banned a few minutes ago for that Bonner trade BS.

Now we have a new poster with another unverified trade rumor?

RuffnReadyOzStyle
07-20-2008, 11:28 PM
There is not one player on the Mavs I would want to trade for, including Dirk (lightweight) and Josh (doper). Brandon Bass is ok but he aint that great. Everyone else either is a ball hog, is ancient or is a spare.

:rolleyes

Gimme a break! You wouldn't trade for Josh Howard because he smokes a bit of green? So what? Alcohol is a more harmful drug! And I'd bet that a fair proportion of the NBA smokes in the offseason, including some of our players.

Josh Howard may be a "doper", but you're just a dope. :lmao

DPG21920
07-20-2008, 11:30 PM
I would trade just about anyone on our team to get Dirk, are you kidding me? Dirk + Tim = most versatile front court in the NBA.

homer
07-20-2008, 11:38 PM
That ggff33 poster was banned a few minutes ago for that Bonner trade BS.

Now we have a new poster with another unverified trade rumor?

max sports did say that it was d. george that the spurs were interested in.
That means nothing though. they probably got that through the dallas news. I hope its not true. Spurs don't need him and the fans don't want him.

rj215
07-20-2008, 11:46 PM
I would trade just about anyone on our team to get Dirk, are you kidding me? Dirk + Tim = most versatile front court in the NBA.

That is until they put a 6'6" SG to stick Dirk and his confidence goes to shits....

wisnub
07-20-2008, 11:48 PM
I like Brandon Bass...we could use him

DPG21920
07-20-2008, 11:50 PM
That is until they put a 6'6" SG to stick Dirk and his confidence goes to shits....

Your absolutely crazy. If, by some chance your assessment of Dirk is correct and he can not be the #1 for a team, could you imagine a more deadly place to have him be a 2nd option? He would absolutely thrive and is an amazing player that not only fills a Spurs need, but brings a true superstar set of skills with him.

I hate the Mavs. I hate them. But people who say Dirk has done poorly are just lying. He has lead a soft team to the playoffs for many years and even got them to the finals. They have one of the weakest "big 3" out of any consistent playoff team.

DynastyBuilder
07-20-2008, 11:54 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/rumors/post/Mavs-will-probably-not-be-able-to-keep-Devean-Ge?urn=nba,94809

George, a 6-8 guard/forward, averaged 3.7 points and 2.6 rebounds in 53 games last season. George, who will turn 31 years old in late August, has averaged 5.8 points and 3.3 rebounds over nine NBA seasons (the first seven with the Los Angeles Lakers). The Phoenix Suns, San Antonio Spurs, Minnesota Timberwolves, Cleveland Cavaliers and New Orleans Hornets have expressed interest in George. And the NBA champion Boston Celtics could be next in line after they lost 6-8 forward James Posey in free agency.

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-21-2008, 12:27 AM
If the Spurs sign that Dumbo looking scrub Devean George, they get an automatic F for this summer.

jayc23
07-21-2008, 12:34 AM
wow... whyyyyy would they want him

SKINNYPIMP210
07-21-2008, 12:35 AM
wow... whyyyyy would they want him

I'm wondering the same shit.....:bang

Spurtacus
07-21-2008, 01:07 AM

I hate George, but I will take the lesser of two evils. :lol

wijayas
07-21-2008, 01:47 AM
Devean George?
Yay! What was the FO thinking?

dirk4mvp
07-21-2008, 02:05 AM
Is the OP the guy that used to be Lakers08Champs? If so, what a homo.

mavs>spurs2
07-21-2008, 02:07 AM
:lmao Who on the Spurs could you guys even trade for Bass? Outside the big 3 you guys have nothing..

Gino2882
07-21-2008, 02:13 AM
:lmao Who on the Spurs could you guys even trade for Bass? Outside the big 3 you guys have nothing..

You act as if Bass is a valuable trade chip. He is a VERY undersized 4.

ceds
07-21-2008, 04:00 AM
Im ok with this...

If we get him he will only see spot minutes every now and again. George can be useful in some defensive situations

He might help in the playoff match ups against West and Odom

SenorSpur
07-21-2008, 04:05 AM
As has already been stated, there isn't one Mavs player that I would want on the Spurs.

Ghazi
07-21-2008, 04:57 AM
Yeah, I'm sure you'd be disappointed in the off season if Dirk was available for the MLE allowing for the Spurs to have the best frontcourt and backcourt in basketball.:downspin::downspin:

But realistically, concurred.

Bruno
07-21-2008, 05:06 AM
I don't see at all Spurs signing Devean George, they simply don't have playing time for him unless they decide to play him mainly at PF.
And I doubt Spurs will sign him as a small ball PF because he basically sucks whatever spot he plays.

kobyz
07-21-2008, 07:10 AM
George can give us size and defense in the 3 position that we need, we have only Bowen who can not play a lot of minutes cause he old, and we have Udoka who is too small to guard most SF players, Manu and Mason are both SG.
still if Gist can play SF we dont need George

SenorSpur
07-21-2008, 08:54 AM
Yeah, I'm sure you'd be disappointed in the off season if Dirk was available for the MLE allowing for the Spurs to have the best frontcourt and backcourt in basketball.:downspin::downspin:

But realistically, concurred.

Please, like that would ever happen.

nkdlunch
07-21-2008, 09:22 AM
Bonner > George

Spurs2009champs
07-21-2008, 12:28 PM
ANAKHA UR A MORON >DONT YOU NOTICE THE QUESTION MARK? I was ASKING BOUT THE RUMOR THAT WHY I WAS WONDERING WHAT was up with that rumor ? It IS true that spurs are pursuing a dallas player!

Ghazi
07-21-2008, 03:03 PM
George has his moments. I was very impressed with his 4th quarter defense against the Suns Amare/Nash PnR in a late regular season game last year... but he does 5 bad things for every 1 good thing such as vexing turnovers and shot selection.

jack sommerset
07-21-2008, 03:11 PM
Spur didn't get crap this off season. George would be a good addition to the Spurs. He can play good D. As some of you are whinning about finally gettin a player you actually heard of. Freaken halirious.

SPURS vs NBA media
07-21-2008, 05:21 PM

Hoped they sign Deven George so another SPURS LOSER FAN jumps off the bandwagon

bigfan
07-21-2008, 11:38 PM
:rolleyes

Gimme a break! You wouldn't trade for Josh Howard because he smokes a bit of green? So what? Alcohol is a more harmful drug! And I'd bet that a fair proportion of the NBA smokes in the offseason, including some of our players.

Josh Howard may be a "doper", but you're just a dope. :lmao

Blow it out your ass. I live in Dallas and you should hear how much they cant stand the guy up here. When he does interviews (on the REAL Ticket) he sounds like hes stoned. Has some talent but would be a horrible Spur and Pop wouldnt take his bs like Avery did up here.

Solid D
07-22-2008, 12:28 AM
If you were Devean George and the Spurs and Mavs were offering the same money, who would you rather play for Rick Carlisle or Gregg Popovich? He's not very mobile any more but he does play strong D and would probably do very well as a small-ball 4. I could see him as a Spur but he's going to cost too much. Money isn't going to be the same and Devean will probably cash-in....he was able to keep his Early Bird rights by nixing the trade....does Dallas still want him enough to pay him 175% of what he got last year or the average player salary?

On the other hand....James Gist!

Spurblood
07-22-2008, 04:01 AM
Hoped they sign Deven George so another SPURS LOSER FAN jumps off the bandwagon

we dont need those as spurs fans he should might as well get the fuck out of here now fucking bandwagooner

Taking it to the Hole
07-22-2008, 04:05 AM
I rather we hold on to our money rather than blow it on someone not worth a penny of it.

timvp
07-22-2008, 05:43 AM
If you were Devean George and the Spurs and Mavs were offering the same money, who would you rather play for Rick Carlisle or Gregg Popovich? He's not very mobile any more but he does play strong D and would probably do very well as a small-ball 4.Yeah, I secretly wouldn't mind Devean George just because of his ability to play the small ball four. George can guard those thick threes and smaller fours that no one else on the Spurs current roster can guard. He was pretty horrible last year but as a deep reserve, he has at least has a skillset that the Spurs can use.

George is a better option against the David Wests and Dirk Nowitzkis of the world than anyone the Spurs currently have on their team ... which is actually kinda depressing.

Obstructed_View
07-22-2008, 05:46 AM
Devean wasn't that terrible last year, at least on defense. He also didn't play that badly when you consider that the entire organization despised him when they thought Jason Kidd was actually worth a shit and would make them better.

mavs>spurs2
07-22-2008, 11:27 PM
You act as if Bass is a valuable trade chip. He is a VERY undersized 4.

It doesn't matter how vaulable he is, you're acting as if the Spurs have anyone to offer in a realistic trade for him. And 6ft 8 250 isn't that undersized, check Charles Barkley's stats.

spursnatic
07-23-2008, 04:30 PM
I hope if we are, it is Josh Howard!! But then again we could've had him already. But instead we took Leandrino Barbosa, and gave him away to the Suns?:bang

Obstructed_View
07-23-2008, 04:37 PM
I hope if we are, it is Josh Howard!! But then again we could've had him already. But instead we took Leandrino Barbosa, and gave him away to the Suns?:bang

Just FYI, the Spurs traded the pick, and Phoenix selected Barbosa. NBA rules required that they make the pick and trade the player. There's no guarantee that's who the Spurs would have drafted if they'd kept the pick. They'd have probably picked Maciej Lampe.

Brutalis
07-23-2008, 04:47 PM
Forget George people. Our FO is stupid but not that stupid. Let it go.